• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Looks like PSN friend search is broken. Error WS-37504-9. Actually had HooYaH brought up and then it fell apart before the invite could be sent.

Still need 2 for CE normal fresh.

lt519

Haha posted a video of my HM crota kill and Youtube had this to say "We detected your video may be shaky. Would you like us to stabilize it?" I'm assuming they are talking about the enrage screen shake that terrifies me everytime it happens.

LiK

this thread has grinded to a halt. so many people are taking a break or stopped playing. getting harder and harder to get into Roc and PVP groups. curious how it goes this week after reset. i think CE HM has burnt people out or pissed them off. heh

grief

Since the PSN is clearly being all wonky, is anyone up for a quick, painfree Normal Crota kill? I don't think I can handle the heartbreak of the glitches right now

Rubenov

this thread has grinded to a halt. so many people are taking a break or stopped playing. getting harder and harder to get into Roc and PVP groups. curious how it goes this week after reset. i think CE HM has burnt people out or pissed them off. heh

Weekends are usually slow, and today is Super Bowl day. It's still going strong no worries.

I'm just wasting time until the game starts hehe

LiK

Weekends are usually slow, and today is Super Bowl day. It's still going strong no worries.

i dunno, it was a pain trying to get into any Roc or PVP all last week. i gave up and just did some raids. if more people stop playing, i might just give up too. Hawkmoonless forever.

It hasn't really burned me out. I've cleared it 6 times (mostly swordbearer) but it's to the point where I have three level 32s and all of the weapons besides the Fang and Crux.

What else is there for me to do after?

Crucible is grindy and the supers and heavy ammo ruin it. The marks take far too long to grind out. They made it so the vault doesn't have any purpose because they refuse to release a new set of 32 gear for it. They add time gates to crucible and vanguard weapons that aren't that good along with the gear.

They still won't add Trials of Osiris and the Queen's Bounty has been completely absent.

There's just nothing to do at this point when you have the exotics and raid guns. They should at least be drip feeding small things like new vault gear, ghost shells, trials of Osiris, etc to keep people interested until HoW.

Magik

There's definitely some burnout in play.

I finished CE hard yesterday for the first time and I'm already sick of it.

lt519

It hasn't really burned me out. I've cleared it 6 times (mostly swordbearer) but it's to the point where I have three level 32s and all of the weapons besides the Fang and Crux.

What else is there for me to do after?

Pretty much this, with Gjallahorn and Hawkmoon being elusive and random I've nothing left to "grind" for and playing just for those two is a shot in the dark. Just playing casually to help friends with Nightfalls, etc. Game is still fun, but the times of rushing to get content done are over until HoW. A lot of my friends have migrated to other games and only play if all of us are on.

i dunno, it was a pain trying to get into any Roc or PVP all last week. i gave up and just did some raids. if more people stop playing, i might just give up too. Hawkmoonless forever.

We've just been too used to the fast pace of the Amiibo discussion thread and its speed due to Wave 3 launches. Hahaha

I haven't played in 4 days now. Not much time this week.

moris

Finally got back in. TY Bungie.

I need CE raid x3 and one nightfall. Or I'll join anything that is available. Only wasting time until the game.

The sad thing is that there's evidence of Bungie reading this thread, the Destiny subreddit, etc. and although there are so many fantastic suggestions to tiny things they could be drip feeding us to keep us busy until HoW, they don't seem to be worrying about it.

At least fix TDB exotics so they aren't all trash or something.

Hoping there are more exotics in HoW.

Steroyd

Thorn should be God Tier!!!

I second this, much like hawkmoon it's 2 headshots and you're done, okay there's a delay before they actually die leaving some git to steal your kills but I'd put it in the same tier.

And why is NLB C tier? Surely it'd be troll tier.

LiK

The sad thing is that there's evidence of Bungie reading this thread, the Destiny subreddit, etc. and although there are so many fantastic suggestions to tiny things they could be drip feeding us to keep us busy until HoW, they don't seem to be worrying about it.

At least fix TDB exotics so they aren't all trash or something.

Hoping there are more exotics in HoW.

they need to up the range of 4th Horseman. it looks cool but the stats are bad.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Roc strike boy isn't around. And today isn't just SB sunday. This weekend is UFC, some big esports thing going on, Topanga, Game something something Japan, Apex, etc. A lot of video game related things going on.

i was thinking lord of wolves shotgun would have the kind of range like the gun the captains use to make it actually useful in pve

but apparently it has the worst range of any shotgun lol

i was thinking lord of wolves shotgun would have the kind of range like the gun the captains use to make it actually useful in pve

but apparently it has the worst range of any shotgun lol

Kind of sad if true.

Vex is good. Necrochasm is trash. That shotgun would be trash if so too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Topanga is the name of the company which specializes in fighting games. This weekend was just a 2 on 2 exhibition and there was Daigo vs Gamerbee in SFV.

Shito

A billion years after everyone, I finally killed Crota.
Not in the "finally used the sword against him" way, no: I finally did the whole raid from start to finish. I already soloed and cheated my way through the first two phases quite a numerous number of times, but since I'm not too fond of playing with people I don't know (sorry Destiny GAF, that doesn't mean I don't love you all!) I usually just wait for the group of friends I did VoG with to be available and willing to tackle another challenge.
Which was today.
We were one level 30, 4 31s, and I was lucky enough with my solo adventures to loot everything to get my warlock to 32. Naturally, that meant I was the logical designated sword carrier. It took us 4 hours and a half to reach Crota, the majority of which spent on the bridge phase, where we usually always had a fuck up of some sort that left us 3 or less players on the ogres side. Ir Yut went down quite quickly, after we understood it was nothing more than a pure DPS phase, without any real mechanic to play around: bleh.
After that, we took a break so that everyone could eat a bit, and rejoined to finally challenge Crota. It took us two hours, and since we didn't have enough DPS (only one lucky guy with a horn) we could go only go with one kneel per sword. That meant 4 kneels total. It took us quite some time to tune the timing and the calls right for downing his shield, but once we got it it was purely a matter of doing it with the less screw ups possible, with the correct timing to get the sword when he's on the central platform rather than on the sides. We finally had the perfect run, with only one quarter of his health left after the 3rd sword. We got the final swordbearer perfectly, the timing for his shield down to an art, and... I somehow screw up my inputs and leave him with a sliver of health left. And he kills me.
Oh the despair.
Being a sunbro, I swiftly res myself up, manage to recover the relic and prompty rejoin my comrades. Next sword will be the correct one, for sure, but Ogres are to come, and enrage is looming upon us.
And then it comes.
That perfect moment, the one that makes us keep playing this game still, where the whole team switches to godlike mode and do every.fucking.thing.right. Like in a dream, like finally everyone is on the same beat, the same rythm, and down goes Crota!
I can say what I want about Bungie, about the fatigue of never getting that horn, those moments are so damn perfect that even if I'm starting to play less I'll still keep on playing at least a bit. At least for those.

Oh, and noboby got an exotic. Not on Ir Yut, not on Crota.
Got myself Song of Ir Yut, which doesn't look too bad, and which perks will probably be godly for Arc Phogoth. Of course, I was mad jealous of the two girls who got Black Hammer...

Bungie seems to be afraid of their guns being too powerful for PVP so they end up being trash. not a single TDB exotic is any good.

I really wish they'd leave PvP and PvE balancing separate. Disappointing to see PvP whining ruining some guns occasionally.

cilonen

Bungie seems to be afraid of their guns being too powerful for PVP so they end up being trash. not a single TDB exotic is any good.

Yep. I was really excited about the idea of a bolt action sniper coming. A godly weapon which when mastered would make you a legend like The End in MGS3.

Instead we got No Land Beyond.

A billion years after everyone, I finally killed Crota.
Not in the "finally used the sword against him" way, no: I finally did the whole raid from start to finish. I already soloed and cheated my way through the first two phases quite a numerous number of times, but since I'm not too fond of playing with people I don't know (sorry Destiny GAF, that doesn't mean I don't love you all!) I usually just wait for the group of friends I did VoG with to be available and willing to tackle another challenge.
Which was today.
We were one level 30, 4 31s, and I was lucky enough with my solo adventures to loot everything to get my warlock to 32. Naturally, that meant I was the logical designated sword carrier. It took us 4 hours and a half to reach Crota, the majority of which spent on the bridge phase, where we usually always had a fuck up of some sort that left us 3 or less players on the ogres side. Ir Yut went down quite quickly, after we understood it was nothing more than a pure DPS phase, without any real mechanic to play around: bleh.
After that, we took a break so that everyone could eat a bit, and rejoined to finally challenge Crota. It took us two hours, and since we didn't have enough DPS (only one lucky guy with a horn) we could go only go with one kneel per sword. That meant 4 kneels total. It took us quite some time to tune the timing and the calls right for downing his shield, but once we got it it was purely a matter of doing it with the less screw ups possible, with the correct timing to get the sword when he's on the central platform rather than on the sides. We finally had the perfect run, with only one quarter of his health left after the 3rd sword. We got the final swordbearer perfectly, the timing for his shield down to an art, and... I somehow screw up my inputs and leave him with a sliver of health left. And he kills me.
Oh the despair.
Being a sunbro, I swiftly res myself up, manage to recover the relic and prompty rejoin my comrades. Next sword will be the correct one, for sure, but Ogres are to come, and enrage is looming upon us.
And then it comes.
That perfect moment, the one that makes us keep playing this game still, where the whole team switches to godlike mode and do every.fucking.thing.right. Like in a dream, like finally everyone is on the same beat, the same rythm, and down goes Crota!
I can say what I want about Bungie, about the fatigue of never getting that horn, those moments are so damn perfect that even if I'm starting to play less I'll still keep on playing at least a bit. At least for those.

Oh, and noboby got an exotic. Not on Ir Yut, not on Crota.
Got myself Song of Ir Yut, which doesn't look too bad, and which perks will probably be godly for Arc Phogoth. Of course, I was mad jealous of the two girls who got Black Hammer...

Despite the time it took, it sou ds like you had fun, so thats great,

lt519

Nice try Crota

QB7GJiS.gif

Top Bottom