• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Quick 9 second clip I recorded to address claims that The Last Word is only good at short-mid range :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdUkAj0kPY0&feature=youtu.be

Full auto Hawkmoon IMO

Ugh this is the reason I hate crucible, haha. It's annoying having so few options against someone who is competent with TLW. I either have to hide or have a machine gun and hope they miss a shot. It's absurd how quickly it melts people.

Also: stop blinking - you're a warlock :p. I bet you blink-shotgun people dont you!? FOR SHAME

What are you guys doing to get so many exotic rng drops anyway? I've gotten exactly one in 2d 16h of play, from my first nightfall weekly. Hell, I think I've only gotten one or two legendary engrams. I do play a lot of crucible, if that explains things, and hardly ever do Rocs

I have 28 days played on just my Hunter, so.

RedFury

Gt: RedFury03. 2 guys/friends from work pretty much begged me to get destiny on x1(already own it on ps4 with over 30 exotics). They finally broke down and each payed half, I couldn't say no to that lol. Just started and already 26. I'm up for pretty much anything.

Drizz and I can help with Flawless, and lt above. Djblackice also needs it. Then just a 6th. We were thinking of trying to schedule one maybe tomorrow night?

Whenever is fine with me. I'm usually around late at nights.

I've been looking to do flawless for awhile. PSN: LordNimon if you have room when you do it.

We can do this anytime tonight if people are around and PSN is working. It takes no time at all, I'll keep hanging around the thread to see if there's a group trying to get going.

Gt: RedFury03. 2 guys/friends from work pretty much begged me to get destiny on x1(already own it on ps4 with over 30 exotics). They finally broke down and each payed half, I couldn't say no to that lol. Just started and already 26. I'm up for pretty much anything.

Added. Although I do have to say it's largely bullshit that you can't carry your progress over across PS > Xbox. There's no good reason other than their stupid exclusives shit. Huge missed opportunity.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Really sorry I didn't get home in time to set up Sword School tonight. It'll be on next time as usual. Been a busy weekend. Sounds like there have been some intermittent connectivity issues anyway. I hope you've all had a good weekend. I'll be home soon but I'm gonna be playing so much tomorrow night I may not even try to get online... might just play some more Dying Light :>

Omni

Friends list is especially dead today.

also sorry for dying in that story mission Greencastle. I was trying to power through it as fast as possible. My least favourite bounty :(

Jrmint

Really sorry I didn't get home in time to set up Sword School tonight. It'll be on next time as usual. Been a busy weekend. Sounds like there have been some intermittent connectivity issues anyway. I hope you've all had a good weekend. I'll be home soon but I'm gonna be playing so much tomorrow night I may not even try to get online... might just play some more Dying Light :>
Hawk we still planning on finishing off Crota tomorrow?

Cruxist

Starting to really feel burned out on Destiny. I'm missing Black Hammer, but otherwise I've got pretty much everything I want.

I'd really like some House of Wolves info soon.

M3Rocket

Yeah a really good group!!

Rocket - where was your guy sniping from? If you could explain what he was doing I'd appreciate it. It worked great and saved the orbs for the door shields

He usually stands in the left window area on the center platform. There, he can help with killing the swordbearer if he's down in the middle or to the right, and has a great view of the right boomers. He sometimes will throw a grenade, use a rocket or even kill one of them if need be--usually the one closest to Crota.

On Hard, the sniper needs to be a 32 with maxed sniper to really get the attention of the boomers. We've found that a 31 cannot do enough damage to get the boomers attention a lot of the time.

Also helpful for the sniper is a good mid-long range Scout as backup just in case the IB or Black Hammer runs out of bullets. Hence the rockets as well. So a little bit of attentive ammo monitoring and juggling helps a lot.

Deep in my heart, I secretly wants it. But I'm too scared to even try. :(

nah, don't be scared, you could do it for sure lun! Everyone just plays super conservative and even if we die on Crota it only takes 20 minutes to get back there so no worries.

But... but bu tomorrow??

Oh, we'll do it tomorrow night for sure either way, no worries! :) Shouldn't be hard to fill out a normal CE group if some people end up doing it tonight vs. tomorrow night.

The last couple flawless CEs I did took <1 hour total.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Starting to really feel burned out on Destiny. I'm missing Black Hammer, but otherwise I've got pretty much everything I want.

I'd really like some House of Wolves info soon.

The game is so compulsive you start relying too much on it for entertainment. Go play something else until you miss it.

Dying Light is really solid. I'm only a couple hours in but really liking it so far.

Izuna

Banned
Xbone need any Swordbearers? I am bored. Maxed out Abyss to find out it really is a POS and I have like 62 Radiant Energy and 70 Shards lmao.

Cruxist

The game so compulsive you start relying too much on it for entertainment. Go play something else until you miss it.

I actually play a bunch of different games. Destiny has just been one small cog. Currently playing Suikoden 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition.

I'm just saying that I'm burning out before the next expansion in ways that didn't happen before Dark Below.

cilonen

He usually stands in the left window area on the center platform. There, he can help with killing the swordbearer if he's down in the middle or to the right, and has a great view of the right boomers. He sometimes will throw a grenade, use a rocket or even kill one of them if need be--usually the one closest to Crota.

On Hard, the sniper needs to be a 32 with maxed sniper to really get the attention of the boomers. We've found that a 31 cannot do enough damage to get the boomers attention a lot of the time.

Also helpful for the sniper is a good mid-long range Scout as backup just in case the IB or Black Hammer runs out of bullets. Hence the rockets as well. So a little bit of attentive ammo monitoring and juggling helps a lot.

You can fire bursts of Auto Rifle fire at them to get their attention I've found.

I'm just saying that I'm burning out before the next expansion in ways that didn't happen before Dark Below.

Yeah, it's just a reflection of how incredibly thin TDB was with content.

-2 "new" strikes going through pre-existing areas until reaching small disc-locked boss rooms
-3 disc-locked story missions that take maybe ~45 minutes to beat total
-Extremely short and simple 1-boss raid that delayed HM a month to add nothing of value or substance
-4 garbage-tier exotic weapons, although some new armor is pretty legit
-Some nice new legendary vendor weapons, but nothing that'll occupy you too long
-2 new PvP maps, 1 abomination that shall not be named

...that's it. I could have easily occupied my time between CE and HoW with another VoG-tier (or better) raid but instead the only thing that's taken up much time is wasting hours upon hours to help people clear Scrota's bitch ass nonsense.

-2 "new" strikes going through pre-existing areas until reaching small disc-locked boss rooms
-Extremely short and simple 1-boss raid that delayed HM a month to add nothing of value or substance
-Some nice new legendary vendor weapons, but nothing that'll occupy you too long

...that's it. I could have easily occupied my time between CE and HoW with another VoG-tier (or better) raid but instead the only thing that's taken up much time is wasting hours upon hours to help people clear Scrota's bitch ass nonsense.

Lnkn52

Can you imagine how Xbox users feel. They don't even have access to some of that content

Man my friends and I have been playing since release with no one getting a g-horn, and then all of a sudden 3 of us get it in one weekend.

Penny Arcade mentions Destiny

-'Get off the TV kids, Daddy needs to play Destiny.' (31:45)
It's Xursday. You know? I don't understand why that's so hard to understand."

-Jerry/Tycho makes fun of Mike/Gabe for liking Destiny so much. 1:01:09 (Q: Recent stuff that made you cry?)

Top Bottom