• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

phen0m24

ugh, don't remind me. makes me feel old.

oh cool, all about Super Bowl for me tonight.

LiK, just wait until you have a 10 year old in the next room complaining about RNG...

My son: "I got a heavy legendary engram!"

In my head I thought he would get
shards

He did

LiK

LiK, just wait until you have a 10 year old in the next room complaining about RNG...

My son: "I got a heavy legendary engram!"

In my head I thought he would get
shards

He did

just thinking about having a kid is incredibly alien to me right now in my life.

Shito

Despite the time it took, it sou ds like you had fun, so thats great,
I really enjoyed doing the bridge legit, and once everyone finally got comfortable with their role Crota was really fun to fight.
Ir Yur is bullshit though, and I agree with the majority of you guys saying VoG was a better experience to discover and finally beat.
Still, it was overall quite a lot of fun. And we got more loot out of it than on our VoG run...

Oh My God. I finally took my brand new Visions of Confluence for a spin. This gun is godly. It feels soooo good. It handles just like I want for a scout, but adds a sublime auto fire for sustained shooting. Mmmmmmmm

phen0m24

I really enjoyed doing the bridge legit, and once everyone finally got comfortable in their role Crota was really fun to fight.
Ir Yur is bullshit though, and I agree with the majority of you guys saying VoG was a better experience to discover and finally beat.
Still, it was overall quite a lot of fun.

I've actually grown to enjoy the first section, despite it being lame to have the enemies be level 33. Just the sheer hectic nature of "Ok, who will be the last one standing" is kinda funny. Especially as in our group it always seems to be a warlock. No idea why.
self-res

I finally took my brand new Visions of Confluence for a spin. This gun is godly. It feels soooo good. It handles just like I want for a scout, but adds a sublime auto fire for sustained shooting. Mmmmmmmm

VoC? "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age." :)

this thread has grinded to a halt. so many people are taking a break or stopped playing. getting harder and harder to get into Roc and PVP groups. curious how it goes this week after reset. i think CE HM has burnt people out or pissed them off. heh

Its going to be interesting in 2-3 weeks, I don't think many of the bungie devs have played many MMOs. All MMOs go through "the healer/tank drought", where all the hardcore players roll tanks and healers at the start but then quit or reroll months down the road, leading to insanely long wait times to fill a group. MMOs have had to do all kinds of crazy things to incentivize people to play these roles, like give them extra costume rewards, give them buffs which let them top damage meters, etc.

I think the same thing is going to happen in CE, but this time its going to be sword bearers. Its going to become crazy hard to find someone who has done SB before, and as groups are forced to have someone try it for the first time (and probably fail) more and more people are going to get super frustrated.

I'm also sure bungie will just do the knee-jerk "fix" of trivializing the fight, probably by adding lots of extra time to the kneel/get up animations so anyone can run in without having to worry about tight timing.

rNilla

this thread has grinded to a halt. so many people are taking a break or stopped playing. getting harder and harder to get into Roc and PVP groups. curious how it goes this week after reset. i think CE HM has burnt people out or pissed them off. heh

The grind is dead. Long live the grind.

lt519

I really enjoyed doing the bridge legit, and once everyone finally got comfortable with their role Crota was really fun to fight.
Still, it was overall quite a lot of fun. And we got more loot out of it than on our VoG run...

VoG was harder to figure out the mechanics, but the first time we did Crota blind we had one survive the thrall section and we took Ir Yut down with one second left. It played out like an action movie much better than VoG. VoG stands the test of time though, CE has just gotten annoying, but CE was an absolute blast the first time through.

phen0m24

I'm also sure bungie will just do the knee-jerk "fix" of trivializing the fight, probably by adding lots of extra time to the kneel/get up animations so anyone can run in without having to worry about tight timing.

All they need to do is drop the level to 32 or raise us to 33. The 10-minute "kill everything waiting behind the crystal RIGHT AFTER killing all the leftover crap after ir Yut" is the WORST thing about the fight.

GutZ31

I still need a crota kill on hard with my warlock if anyone will have me.
Level 31, Gjallarhorn, suros, Blackhammer, Hunger of Crota.

I have experiance, just underlevel, on a class that has little use on the last part.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Most people think of the show too when they first hear it. Free advertisement for the show.

So basically all I need now is...

Flawless raider
Completing a raid with a full clan team.
Completing a strike with full clan team.
Capture 20 salvage points.

What exactly? How many are there?

Finish a strike with just clan members
Finish a raid with just clan members

Just these two. The raid one can be done using a cp in the end i think. So we could just kill crota.

I'm waiting right now but I'm down for joining you whenever you are ready.

Edit: He showed up. The started fight against each other. Bullshit. Didn't kill him.

Dont even try when that happens. Not worth it. wait for the regular event.

Jrmint

Would someone be willing to help me with the final phase of the Thorn bounty in Summoning Pits? I have one other, but a full fire team would be great.

Psn - Palom12

Finish a strike with just clan members
Finish a raid with just clan members

Just these two. The raid one can be done using a cp in the end i think. So we could just kill crota.

Dont even try when that happens. Not worth it. wait for the regular event.

I was trying to kill him by pushing him off the map with my sparrow.

lt519

Okay my minions, I mean clan members. Let's do a raid and strike.

Minions.jpg

If you need help with the Flawless one night I'd be willing to help, already have it. Just not tonight.

Headed out town this week and was pretty set on not taking the PS4. Logged in to do my daily stuff and now the PS4 is in my bag along for the ride.

AepMlHv.jpg

So much snow, covered our satellite. Had to bring a ladder out to the tundra and scrape some snow off, only to find out the satellite faces the opposite direction! Wind almost blew me away but luckily got enough snow off to make it work! That was more nerve racking than a Flawless raid. Hope the seahawks go down

Most people think of the show too when they first hear it. Free advertisement for the show.

So basically all I need now is...

Flawless raider
Completing a raid with a full clan team.
Completing a strike with full clan team.
Capture 20 salvage points.

Drizz and I can help with Flawless, and lt above. Djblackice also needs it. Then just a 6th. We were thinking of trying to schedule one maybe tomorrow night?

Greenymac

i dunno, it was a pain trying to get into any Roc or PVP all last week. i gave up and just did some raids. if more people stop playing, i might just give up too. Hawkmoonless forever.

Im always down to do rocs or whatever searching for that Hawkmoon, hit me up!!!

RNG -

Did a little PWH RNG simulation using this web app:
https://www.random.org/

Here were my rolls:
Code:
		15 Rolls	30 Rolls
1	Dragon's Breath	1	2
2	Gjallarhorn	0	2
3	Hard Light	1	1
4	Hawkmoon	2	2
5	Ice Breaker	0	2
6	MIDA	        0	2
7	Monte Carlo	1	1
8	No Land Beyond	2	3
9	Patience Time	0	1
10	Plan C	        0	0
11	Red Death	0	0
12	SUROS	        3	4
13	4th Horseman	0	1
14	The Last Word	2	3
15	Thunder Lord	1	3
16	Truth	        2	2
17	Universal 	0	1

Looks like the GHorn Gods don't shine on me until roll 24, but at least I got a Thunderlord. I didn't get a shit ton of Dragon's Breaths either. Looks more balanced then my time with Destiny. Most of my exotics are bounties or Xur.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
RNG -

Here were my rolls:
Code:
		15 Rolls	30 Rolls
1	Dragon's Breath	1	2
2	Gjallarhorn	0	2
3	Hard Light	1	1
4	Hawkmoon	2	2
5	Ice Breaker	0	2
6	MIDA	        0	2
7	Monte Carlo	1	1
8	No Land Beyond	2	3
9	Patience Time	0	1
10	Plan C	        0	0
11	Red Death	0	0
12	SUROS	        3	4
13	4th Horseman	0	1
14	The Last Word	2	3
15	Thunder Lord	1	3
16	Truth	        2	2
17	Universal 	0	1

Looks like the GHorn Gods don't shine on me until roll 24, but at least I got a Thunderlord. I didn't get a shit ton of Dragon's Breaths either. Looks more balanced then my time with Destiny. Most of my exotics are bounties or Xur.

I just tried this and got SO many Truths, lol. Often back to back.

Stubo

RNG -

Here were my rolls:
Code:
		15 Rolls	30 Rolls
1	Dragon's Breath	1	2
2	Gjallarhorn	0	2
3	Hard Light	1	1
4	Hawkmoon	2	2
5	Ice Breaker	0	2
6	MIDA	        0	2
7	Monte Carlo	1	1
8	No Land Beyond	2	3
9	Patience Time	0	1
10	Plan C	        0	0
11	Red Death	0	0
12	SUROS	        3	4
13	4th Horseman	0	1
14	The Last Word	2	3
15	Thunder Lord	1	3
16	Truth	        2	2
17	Universal 	0	1

Set the generator to 1-17, first result = 3 = Hard Light = the only exotic I don't have (not including PS exclusives)

...shenanigans!

I just tried this and got SO many Truths, lol. Often back to back.

That's like Dragon's Breath and NLB for me in game. I think they weighted the Dark Below stuff to drop more often.

Set the generator to 1-17, first result = 3 = Hard Light = the only exotic I don't have (not including PS exclusives)

...shenanigans!

I'm still missing a bunch. I think I need to do more ROC strikes and Crucible. Nighfalls and Raid Clears have been terrible to me.

SkylineRKR

VoG was harder to figure out the mechanics, but the first time we did Crota blind we had one survive the thrall section and we took Ir Yut down with one second left. It played out like an action movie much better than VoG. VoG stands the test of time though, CE has just gotten annoying, but CE was an absolute blast the first time through.

Yep. The Abyss is a survival run but it became clear its more efficient to just send the Hunter forward. Waiting for your team mates is a bigger risk. First time through it was 6 of us shooting hive everywhere and leaving the dead behind. It was rather hectic and fun. The fun got sucked out by the fact solo and the rock are better. The same goes for the bridge encounter which still can be cleared without much team play at all. Legit its rather fun though.

Ir Yut has always been a bad part imho. I never enjoy it much.

Crota on Normal is pretty much a one man show with 5 guys doing boring stuff. Crota Hard is a shitshow.

But after 4 or so runs my verdict already was that CE is quite a shitty Raid thats almost impossible to fix. The balance is fucked up, its way too easy at 32, which is also your max possible level for HM. Which means it can be cleared when no one is on level and HM will be way too easy once you're 33.

R0ckman

Come the middle of Feburary, I'm sure it will be much worse. As for me, with Monster Hunter less than 2 weeks away, I will most likely not be coming back until March.

It was frustrating finding a group to fight Crota this week because they filled so fast. Then out of the two times I did, people were giving up after about 5 tries, eventually causing a dissolve in less than 30 minutes.

I think Hard Crota was the last straw for many. It tops off the terrible experience TDB has been. The rewards weren't worth the headache either, weapons worse than VoG and an exotic that is probably the worst in the game.

They have to do something different for HoW, there's no way Destiny will get through the summer til September if they keep same messes uncleaned.

Come the middle of Feburary, I'm sure it will be much worse. As for me, with Monster Hunter less than 2 weeks away, I will most likely not be coming back until March.

It was frustrating finding a group to fight Crota this week because they filled so fast. Then out of the two times I did, people were giving up after about 5 tries, eventually causing a dissolve in less than 30 minutes.

I think Hard Crota was the last straw for many. It tops off the terrible experience TDB has been. The rewards weren't worth the headache either, weapons worse than VoG and an exotic that is probably the worst in the game.

They have to do something different for HoW, there's no way Destiny will get through the summer til September if they keep same messes uncleaned.

Honestly, I won't give Hard Crota much more than a half hour unless I know the people in the group, and they really want it. If someone is dying for the scout, or crux, then I'll do it for them, but there isn't anything there that I consider worth the time investment. I'd rather grind some crucible for the scout with firefly that I haven't got around to doing.

Jaeyden

Woohoo! A legendary engram from the Cryptarch!

..a legendary class engram..

Yes. Give me just three minutes to finish a bounty. PSN: ps_flocki

Cheers mate. If you want to kill Atheon 3 times, we'll be going tomorrow evening (GMT) you're welcome to join.

Top Bottom