• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

patchday

no, 30 is the minimum. even if you're 29, you'll do no damage. anyone lower than 30 is basically dead weight.

Possible? Yes.
Advised? No.

you need at least 1 level 31 to handle the sword on the crota part.
Everything else is possible with underlevels.

Yeah, this at the last encounter with crota's goons.
Level 28s will do jack to the hive spawns.

28s can get carried just fine, but starting at DSinger they are 4 levels down and enemies are immune to all damage.

I've done a few normal Scrota kills where 3 characters were low level alts (27 or 28) and just suicided at the start.

As long as there is one Titan on the team (doesn't even have to be you), you could be "boomer duty." Just have the Titan put up the bubble on the side and then dance the night away as a distraction method. Works even better than actually trying to shoot boomers, and still leaves 4 people for shield breaks along with the sword runner.

There is no matchmaking in those playlist because it requires team coordination and survivability and random people usually screw up or die pretty easy making the game a chore or not fun at all, so yeah Bungie push the player to gather friends or being in a comunity to organize and coordinate the raids, nightfalls and weeklies.

Still weeklies should be in matchmaking at least for me.

Mmmm no, by personal experience 28 can pass trought the lamps area hardly and is nearly impossible after the bridge part

Late post-superbowl reply but thanks a lot guys. I ended up deciding I was not up to the challenge. Wasn't told there were a couple of 28s before I joined. My gut told me to bow out and I'm glad I did

Deku Tree

Everyone saying it was a horrible play call but it was pretty awful execution with that weak toss into what looked like double coverage.

GutZ31

Yeah, it's just a reflection of how incredibly thin TDB was with content.

-2 "new" strikes going through pre-existing areas until reaching small disc-locked boss rooms
-3 disc-locked story missions that take maybe ~45 minutes to beat total
-Extremely short and simple 1-boss raid that delayed HM a month to add nothing of value or substance
-4 garbage-tier exotic weapons, although some new armor is pretty legit
-Some nice new legendary vendor weapons, but nothing that'll occupy you too long
-2 new PvP maps, 1 abomination that shall not be named

...that's it. I could have easily occupied my time between CE and HoW with another VoG-tier (or better) raid but instead the only thing that's taken up much time is wasting hours upon hours to help people clear Scrota's bitch ass nonsense.

So much this.

I have been driven mad with glitches after glitches I, and team members have encountered on Crota.
Then again, when I can find people that have connections that are solid, we usually also get a squishy that keeps dying.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Everyone saying it was a horrible play call but it was pretty awful execution with that weak toss into what looked like double coverage.

That was one of the worst play calls of all time. There's nothing else to say. Execution was fine. Great defensive play more than bad execution.

someday

Banned
....that's one of the worst play calls in NFL history.
Seriously. I would have been depressed to lose, but losing like that just made me laugh (after a lot of cursing and shouting at how utterly stupid that play was). I mean, what were they thinking? We have Lynch and were on the 2 yard line. We gave the game away. That will go down as one of the dumbest losses in recent Superbowl memory.

Seriously. I would have been depressed to lose, but losing like that just made me laugh (after a lot of cursing and shouting at how utterly stupid that play was). I mean, what were they thinking? We have Lynch and were on the 2 yard line. We gave the game away. That will go down as one of the dumbest losses in recent Superbowl memory.

Look at it this way. You wouldn't be that close if it wasn't for that unbelievable catch

someday

Banned
Look at it this way. You wouldn't be that close if it wasn't for that unbelievable catch

That was a lucky play lol. But still, football is full of stuff like that and I take it in stride. But bad play calling is different for some reason. Someone actually thought that was a good idea.

That was a lucky play lol. But still, football is full of stuff like that and I take it in stride. But bad play calling is different for some reason. Someone actually thought that was a good idea.

Yeah I can only imagine the high after that catch and then the disaster that followed

patchday

Yeah, it's just a reflection of how incredibly thin TDB was with content.

-2 "new" strikes going through pre-existing areas until reaching small disc-locked boss rooms
-3 disc-locked story missions that take maybe ~45 minutes to beat total
-Extremely short and simple 1-boss raid that delayed HM a month to add nothing of value or substance
-4 garbage-tier exotic weapons, although some new armor is pretty legit
-Some nice new legendary vendor weapons, but nothing that'll occupy you too long
-2 new PvP maps, 1 abomination that shall not be named

...that's it. I could have easily occupied my time between CE and HoW with another VoG-tier (or better) raid but instead the only thing that's taken up much time is wasting hours upon hours to help people clear Scrota's bitch ass nonsense.

I'm one of the biggest Destiny critics that still regularly posts and plays. But as far as TDB goes, I must say for me personally it was good value. I do agree with every word you say. The only reason I'd say its great value is because I'm comparing it to many awful DLCs I've paid $15 for in the past that only gave me one hour of entertainment (like Fable 2 Island DLC for example). When I played Halo I'd only get bout 3 PvP maps or so.

Destiny gave me some quests that I actually enjoyed, 1 new raid, some new items, etc

This is coming from someone that hasn't really done HM though. I'm sure HM Crota will piss me off royally. Heck, HM Atheon was too much for me. I've never beaten him til Crota expansion when I finally hit L30.

Maybe I'm just happy to be L32 way before the next DLC.

Long post this turned out to be. Still wish they'd up glimmer caps and let me switch out guns and crap outside the Tower.

patchday

Destiny servers not available 😞?

Starting to think long and hard about buying an Xbox 1. Cant ever recall having half the issues I see with PS4.

I cant logon to Destiny either due to Sony PSN fail. Was hoping after the superbowl I could accomplish something in it before reset

Thank guys. Strike trophy done.

Now we need clan raid trophy and flawless.

Let me know if you need help with Flawless Raider. I'm the resident beggar here looking for a fireteam to try and conquer this trophy.

I can also help with the clan one anytime.

lt519

Wilson exposed as a fraud basically. 4 INT in the NFC Championship, carried by a good defense, and the only big plays were amazing plays by his wide receivers. It's like Flacco, he just lobs passes up there. Obviously should have run Marshawn but a good quarterback either doesn't make that throw or throws it so hard that only his WR can get to it. That CB came from 5 yards deep in the endzone.\

edit: I'll help with flawless runs

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Wait till Driz gets back on and we can form a flawless group. Everybody should go Titan for maximize efficiency.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
You've got to be fucking kidding me. PSN is still down? How does this make any sense it should be a SLOW day on PSN. Everybody is watching football instead of playing games.

CLBridges

Haha, I watched the last few minutes of the SB and although I don't keep up with football, that last Seahawks play was brilliant! I laughed and saw the hurt on their faces, they let the Darkness consume them lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That last play was equivalent to doing flawless on CE hard and then Dhruv accidentally dances instead of getting the last hit in.

Hung Wei Lo

Thank guys. Strike trophy done.

Now we need clan raid trophy and flawless.

I need to do a flawless run still, so I'm in if there's a team coming together. I'm on your FL - PSN is Kinezo

edit: that's assuming I can log in which I can't at the moment :/

Top Bottom