• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

hydruxo

Everyone saying it was a horrible play call but it was pretty awful execution with that weak toss into what looked like double coverage.

It has everything to do with the play call haha. Russell and the receiver did everything they could but Butler simply outmuscled him and got the ball.

When you have Marshawn Lynch and you don't run the ball on 2nd down with a few yards to go, it's all on the coaches.

jadedm17

And here I thought I could escape Facebook and works football talk. I was wrong.
If anyone is playing destiny still - crucible namely: notjaded on ps4

Good night Destiny GAF. Hopefully will host a normal Crota checkpoint tomorrow, but in the event of continued server outages I will start working on that backlog I have thanks to this game.

Deku Tree

It has everything to do with the play call haha. Russell and the receiver did everything they could but Butler simply outmuscled him and got the ball.

When you have Marshawn Lynch and you don't run the ball on 2nd down with a few yards to go, it's all on the coaches.

Yeah this is going to be the big story for the coming week. Basically every news article across the internet is saying the same thing over and over, similar to what you and a lot of others have already said.

IMO it's not a terrible call to trust Wilson (who might become the highest paid NFL player in a few weeks) with a throw on second down. If no one is open he throws it into the back of the end zone. Then they go to the run on third and fourth. The receiver wasn't open and he threw it into coverage and got picked. IMO contrary to what the whole internet is saying that was a bad choice on Wilson, and not "the worst play calling in Super Bowl history".

Anyway that is probably my last post on the matter in this topic.

spyder_ur

Hey DestinyGaf. What a glorious day. Pats win one of the most incredible games I've ever seen, I'm drunk as hell and it's about to snow in Boston.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So much this.

I have been driven mad with glitches after glitches I, and team members have encountered on Crota.
Then again, when I can find people that have connections that are solid, we usually also get a squishy that keeps dying.

Dude, I was choked on that last run that went perfectly until we got deep on Crota's health. You made the call out but I guess he was in a zone, lol.

Ahhhh, it's up. I'd love to do the hard mode of either raid. I'm banking on a snow day tomorrow so I'm gonna stay up late. /rebel

31 (and a half, I swear) Titan. PSN: CartmanPat

Edit: I'd actually most like to get a HM of the VoG going. I need that exclamation point off of Venus.

E92 M3

Very entertaining game tonight - and I don't even care for football. On the topic of Destiny: it confuses me greatly when people say they will take a break after getting the items they want. I don't understand that logic. For me getting the items I want is stressful, but once I do get them I can just play without worries. Destiny is fun because the shooting feels great and the loot is there to spice things up. I'm not playing to just collect.

Someone help me understand the other side.

lt519

So I know people are still having problems with Crota, and lag and bugs are a real thing, but I've played with a lot of different groups. I've come to the consensus that some are legitimately doomed to bugs, but others just blame lag on sloppy play. There are three massively important things to the fight.

1) Just stay alive: If you are in the red don't even come out to the fight (play, but seriously don't even head to the Ogre room if you are red and can't heal, just hide). You should have Suros, Red Death, or armor with an Infusion perk. If you don't you are a liability and need to play extremely careful.

2) DPS needs to be the same: as the swordbearer when I yell "rockets" I count to two and then make a dash for Crota. If you decide you want to be cheap and not eat a Heavy Ammo, that's OK (not really) as long as you communicate this. Too many times I'm used to a one volley of rockets take down and all the sudden he doesn't go down on the first volley because someone ran out of ammo. It's fine if I know to go on the second volley, but communicate this.

3) Travel together: Run as a tight knit group in and out of the crystal room. Wait for each other (literally sit there and communicate that everyone is ready). Just going on your own is bound to get the person behind you killed.

Finally, least important with a good swordbearer, but can make the difference:

4) Support the swordbearer: Instead of just bee-lining it to the crystal room; try shooting the cursed thrall, thrall, and boomers in the middle and towers while Crota is still being hacked to give the swordbearer a better run back to the crystal room. If you have an extra titan drop a bubble at the entrance.

A lot of us claim the fight is easy, but that's with a well coordinate group. These are the things that make a well coordinated group. It's not complicated but if there is one weak link not following these rules it falls apart fast.

Very entertaining game tonight - and I don't even care for football. On the topic of Destiny: it confuses me greatly when people say they will take a break after getting the items they want. I don't understand that logic. For me getting the items I want is stressful, but once I do get them I can just play without worries. Destiny is fun because the shooting feels great and the loot is there to spice things up. I'm not playing to just collect.

Well I'm like you when it comes to enjoying the shootybang aspects of Destiny. The thing for me, though, is that when I get a new weapon I dread having to grind bounties, etc. to level the thing up. I have every exotic available on Xbox save for the Nexchrochasm. And many of those I had before they were able to be upgraded to 331. So I've leveled my fair share of gear. Exotics take forever to max out. I usually just grind bounties to get the second "big" perk and then call it a day. I really, really hope there's just a "tempering"-style mechanic next DLC so that my weapons don't become useless for a time. It's a lot of "work" leveling weapons before they feel just right to me.

Nowise10

Noticed these 10 fusion coils chilling outside the level on Venus. Pretty odd.
B80FXJhCAAAskp7.jpg

hydruxo

It's the carrot on a stick mentality. People get fed up searching for the one item that they've been trying to get for months and say out of desperation that they'll quit when they get it, but in most cases they don't actually do it. I know I've jokingly said that about getting a Gjallarhorn, but if I ever get one I'll probably end up playing even more.

E92 M3

Well I'm like you when it comes to enjoying the shootybang aspects of Destiny. The thing for me, though, is that when I get a new weapon I dread having to grind bounties, etc. to level the thing up. I have every exotic available on Xbox save for the Nexchrochasm. And many of those I had before they were able to be upgraded to 331. So I've leveled my fair share of gear. Exotics take forever to max out. I usually just grind bounties to get the second "big" perk and then call it a day. I really, really hope there's just a "tempering"-style mechanic next DLC so that my weapons don't become useless for a time. It's a lot of "work" leveling weapons before they feel just right to me.

I have many exotics as well, but only maxed 4 or 5 - no need to level weapons that aren't used. That said, still wonder why people want to get something and then just stop. Getting lucky is the most stressful part. I love running Crota and help people out even when there is no loot.

It's the carrot on a stick mentality. People get fed up searching for the one item that they've been trying to get for months and say out of desperation that they'll quit when they get it, but in most cases they don't actually do it. I know I've jokingly said that about getting a Gjallarhorn, but if I ever get one I'll probably end up playing even more.

Trust me, you will ;) I still don't have the FB and definitely can't wait to get it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Alright, gonna try this again.

Hard Mode Crota Raid starting at Crota checkpoint. Level 32 Titan Defender with Gjallarhorn and BlackHammer. We go when we have 6. Somebody that wants to run sword would be nice :).

1. Tokunbo
2. Waylon
3. Alko

Edit: Guess I'm cancelling this, lack of interest and I just got pulled into a Crota kill. Maybe later tonight?

Looking to do one of three things.

I have HM VoG Atheon checkpoint or we can try a Flawless Raider run.

I can also help with your nightfall or weekly if you need as I have to level up some stuff anyways.

Let me know!

Yeah for me it's the opposite. I got really pissed off since I didn't get a single drop (other than 2 radiant mats) from downing Crota until my 6th run, which would have been 6 weeks, since I didn't have alts then. I was on the verge of calling it quits until HoW because of that, and then week 7, I got Gjallarhorn from Crota. Doesn't help that 2 of my buddies quit playing (at least until DLC2) for the same reason. Crota was just too tough on our regular group to put in hours upon hours trying to kill him and then getting shit all for it (this was normal mode "back then", so it's funny thinking about it now; they haven't even tried Hard Mode yet).

Oh my god, I was watching super bowl post game stuff and noticed on the Playstation app on my phone saying that I had "played Destiny" 10 minutes ago. Very odd since I hadn't been online for hours.

Turns out my 3 yr old started it up and entered a roc strike. He already netted a daily public event and a Legendary Chest Engram. Lol

Exotics seem intact, so we are good. Lol!

jadedm17

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/97882173/0/0/1

Will people believe xur is random now? Still no?
Personally I have never thought he was random but if I were to venture a guess why people hope he is then it's because we hope Bungie - who ignore enough and do enough to piss us off - aren't doing something to purposefully piss us off like No Land Beyond a second time or no heavy synths for weeks.

Edit : I'll do my best to talk to the people who create the code that drives Xur, and see if we can make him more valuable to you in the future
Can we do that for.... Everything we've collected? I'd love to sell my ascendant material and commendations for even a little glimmer.

Looking to do one of three things.

I have HM VoG Atheon checkpoint or we can try a Flawless Raider run.

I can also help with your nightfall or weekly if you need as I have to level up some stuff anyways.

Let me know!

I am in for a Hard Atheon kill. if people gather of course.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/97882173/0/0/1

Will people believe xur is random now? Still no?

Maybe they just lock the drop he can sell with high chances of selling DLC items.

That last play was equivalent to doing flawless on CE hard and then Dhruv accidentally dances instead of getting the last hit in.

After killing Crota so many times I've realized that the son of Oryx is just a lonely knight who wants someone to dance with.
That is why he keeps pointing at you, he's calling you to dance with him. He's a little slow and stupid so he swings his sword around and shoots space balls in excitement but it's all in good fun according to him. There's no way his 6 new friends revived him just to kill him that'd be crazy even by his standards, they're just here to party.

GRIP

It was always funny seeing people try to argue that Xur was completely random and no one had any idea as to what he would bring next. Given the amount of times he re-upped on past weeks wares and Bungie straight up saying that Xur would be selling all DLC items, I always looked at him as a merchant that gave newer players easy access to certain exotic gear. I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of the more coveted items rarely(if ever) show up in Xurs inventory while others are constantly in the rotation.

Why do people think everything is random in this game? It's not. They have a plan they need to execute. They didn't just make a game and leave everything else up to chance.

Top Bottom