• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Has the Icebreaker been nerfed in the recharge rate? I've had one since before Xur sold it the first time, and I rarely had to wait for bullets to recharge unless the clip was completely empty. When I told this to my friends they agreed too, if you had 6 bullets you would rarely reach 0 because the ammo generated so quickly. Especially the 5th and 6th bullet generated almost instantly, and it only slowed down when you had 2 or less bullets. Now it seems like every round needs 5-6 seconds to recharge no matter how many rounds are left.

GRIP

Has the Icebreaker been nerfed in the recharge rate? I've had one since before Xur sold it the first time, and I rarely had to wait for bullets to recharge unless the clip was completely empty. When I told this to my friends they agreed too, if you had 6 bullets you would rarely reach 0 because the ammo generated so quickly. Especially the 5th and 6th bullet generated almost instantly, and it only slowed down when you had 2 or less bullets. Now it seems like every round needs 5-6 seconds to recharge no matter how many rounds are left.

None that I've noticed. I got my first IB when Xur first sold it and it's probably been my most used weapon since. Its regen rate has always been around 5 seconds per bullet.

Rainmaker

Banned
Same with me and the Icebreaker. Got it the first time Xur sold it (my first, most loved, and most used exotic) and I've always counted five seconds between each bullet regen.

Anyone willing to run Vanguard Tiger or Roc with me? Got my new Titan up to level 24 and I cannot stand playing strikes with randoms. There's at least 1 afk every other game.

Midas

Why do people think everything is random in this game? It's not. They have a plan they need to execute. They didn't just make a game and leave everything else up to chance.

I dunno. It's like Bungie can't lie about things because they love us all so much. "But Bungie said it's totally random". What they say is one thing, what they do is another thing.

joecanada

So, I just realized that last IB I got an Efrideet's Spear with Spray and Play & Final Round. Is that a good roll?

Final round is amazing on spear. One shot body kill sound amazing to you on crucible?

Sorry I don't memorize names don't remember what spray play does

None that I've noticed. I got my first IB when Xur first sold it and it's probably been my most used weapon since. Its regen rate has always been around 5 seconds per bullet.

5 seconds for last 2 or 3 rounds but definitely faster if you had full clip. I distinctly remember people saying recharge rate is directly proportional to how many round you had left, with 0 being absolute slowest. The first round would take forever to appear, but if your ammo count said 6, by the time you fired and re-adjudged your aim the 6th bullet would've already generated, which is not the case anymore.

Ruze789

Final round is amazing on spear. One shot body kill sound amazing to you on crucible?

Spray and play is a fast reload with an empty mag.

I have a void sniper with only 3 rounds that has final round and spray and play, it's pretty fun to use. I used that to do the PvP part of the Thorn bounty, it was more fun to use than a Fusion Rilfe/ Shotgun.

exYle

Oh daaang.

Spray and play is fast reload on an empty clip, so I drop somebody in one shot then I'm ready to rock right after

GRIP

5 seconds for last 2 or 3 rounds but definitely faster if you had full clip. I distinctly remember people saying recharge rate is directly proportional to how many round you had left, with 0 being absolute slowest. The first round would take forever to appear, but if your ammo count said 6, by the time you fired and re-adjudged your aim the 6th bullet would've already generated, which is not the case anymore.

I think that is more about how the ammo regen on the gun works. If you have 6 bullets for an extended period of time you'll get that last shot to regen a lot faster than you would if you had 5 or less bullets. But that isn't something new. I've been experiencing that since I first got the weapon.

Hugstable

Banned
Hmm today I gotta make the choice of whether I wanna spend my vanguard mark and commendations on the Legendary Warlock Helm or the Legendary Scout Rifle. Having more Light is always nice, but my only Legendary Primary at this point is a Pulse Rifle with like no Impact, and I really need something good for my primary slot considering I got Icebreaker for my Alternate and a decent Legendary Launcher

GutZ31

Hmm today I gotta make the choice of whether I wanna spend my vanguard mark and commendations on the Legendary Warlock Helm or the Legendary Scout Rifle. Having more Light is always nice, but my only Legendary Primary at this point is a Pulse Rifle with like no Impact, and I really need something good for my primary slot considering I got Icebreaker for my Alternate and a decent Legendary Launcher

What level are you? I'm pretty sure if your at least level 30, someone could get you through the first 2 weapon drops of Crota with minimal effort.

Hugstable

Banned
What level are you? I'm pretty sure if your at least level 30, someone could get you through the first 2 weapon drops of Crota with minimal effort.

I'm still 29 right now, and about halfway through Light wise. I think I might be able to hit 30 if I do go for the helm and start upgrading my boots and armor all the way.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Let's get a flawless group going after daily reset. I'm going to be home today and tomorrow so I can play here and there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm still 29 right now, and about halfway through Light wise. I think I might be able to hit 30 if I do go for the helm and start upgrading my boots and armor all the way.
Just find a way to do a VoG run a week. Even on normal, which you are perfectly leveled for. On normal you can at least drop Vision of Confluence, which is one of the best primaries in the game after the Fatebringer.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I would join but I'm too scared to die (or push Kadey on a Gorgon) and ruin everyone's raid.
We're gonna do CE normal. We've done it before, it's actually very simple. The only 'difficult' part is the Deathsinger. Even if you die we can get to Crota in like 15-20 minutes, compared to the Templar/Oracle grind of VoG.

Let's get a flawless group going after daily reset. I'm going to be home today and tomorrow so I can play here and there.

I can't login to Destiny, getting an error. Hopefully it's fixed by then.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Get on right now and I'll help you get a chance at getting a better weapon.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're gonna do CE normal. We've done it before, it's actually very simple. The only 'difficult' part is the Deathsinger. Even if you die we can get to Crota in like 15-20 minutes, compared to the Templar/Oracle grind of VoG.

I can't login to Destiny, getting an error. Hopefully it's fixed by then.

I just logged in a minute ago just fine. LOL.

Hugstable

Banned
Just find a way to do a VoG run a week. Even on normal, which you are perfectly leveled for. On normal you can at least drop Vision of Confluence, which is one of the best primaries in the game after the Fatebringer.

Yup, just need to find a group that does normal VOG runs still. I still haven't done a raid yet, so I'm not familiar with how everything is supposed to go down. My brother who just hit 29 also is probably down to raid also (tried getting him a gaf account, but he hasn't heard anything after like 9 months haha).

Xur needs to come through sometime with badass Warlock gear again. That Chest Piece this week seemed to be pure INT and I don't think INT is all that great for a Sunsinger. I got over 40 strange coins waiting for you Xur!

amar212

So, I just realized that last IB I got an Efrideet's Spear with Spray and Play & Final Round. Is that a good roll?

Surplus perk on my Spear is the most useful thing EVER in this game.

I bought default one IRC, the one with Surplus and Exploding Rounds. It is crazy great weapon - and I do not like snipers.

Yup, just need to find a group that does normal VOG runs still. I still haven't done a raid yet, so I'm not familiar with how everything is supposed to go down. My brother who just hit 29 also is probably down to raid also (tried getting him a gaf account, but he hasn't heard anything after like 9 months haha).

Xur needs to come through sometime with badass Warlock gear again. That Chest Piece this week seemed to be pure INT and I don't think INT is all that great for a Sunsinger. I got over 40 strange coins waiting for you Xur!

If you've haven't done a raid yet, shoot Hawkian a PM. He usually takes first-timers on Raids every Thursday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Just wait for a hat. The chest pieces for the Warlock are pretty junk and the helmets are the hats are the hardest armor pieces to get anyway.

I wouldn't mind playing through a full VoG again sometime, but I'm also trying to play less of the game these days. lol

Just wait for a hat. The chest pieces for the Warlock are pretty junk and the helmets are the hats are the hardest armor pieces to get anyway.

I wouldn't mind playing through a full VoG again sometime, but I'm also trying to play less of the game these days. lol
Don't worry, when Luke smith adds the
lesbian bears
raid boss, you will be playing all the time ;)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Don't worry, when Luke smith adds the
lesbian bears
raid boss, you will be playing all the time ;)
Lesbian bear
subclass
shabadabadooing
the
lesbian bear
Cabal boss.

Four part raid consisting of:
1. Climbing up stairs.
2. A trial.
3. Doing melee attacks on a stamen.
4. Shooting lesbian Cabal bears

hydruxo

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/97882173/0/0/1

Will people believe xur is random now? Still no?

I think Deej is just trying to save face since that video just got posted but the actual twitch stream was months ago. Same reason the twitch stream got deleted. They'd never come out now and publicly admit Xur isn't random so they'll just keep denying it.

All DLC gear multiple weeks is a dead giveaway IMO. No way that is RNG when the exact same inventory of DLC gear has been sold twice.

Normal CE should be doable. Alright I'm in if we have a flawless group going in.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sword disappearing on last hit goodness.

upload_convert.gif

You've gotten better at aiming. 5-6 seconds to aim and shoot = infinite ammo. Get used to the recoil and 2 seconds per shot = 8 shots then empty.

I thought the recharge rate was always 30 seconds which would mean 5-6 sec per round like you said. I don't think they've nerfed it

Gordon

I think Deej is just trying to save face since that video just got posted but the actual twitch stream was months ago. Same reason the twitch stream got deleted. They'd never come out now and publicly admit Xur isn't random so they'll just keep denying it.

All DLC gear multiple weeks is a dead giveaway IMO. No way that is RNG when the exact same inventory of DLC gear has been sold twice.
Well shit, I guess I'd better start saving up for my Gjallarhorn on Friday... lol
[Because if this doesn't make them cough it up, nothing will]

Top Bottom