• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

squadr0n

If anyone on PS4 is getting a group together for Crota Raid Normal tomorrow, anytime, save me a spot and send me a message!

Psn: Squad0n
Warlock with rain gear and ready to go!

Bradach

Its not like it takes too long to do the whole thing. :)

You know how the templar changes position after you drop his shield?
If you take the relic to the place where he is gonna teleport to, you break his teleport and can keep hitting him in his original spot.
The downside is that doing this creates 2 minotaurs.

That said, if you take too long you go into Enrage time. That has a bunch of minotaurs and dettain shields popping all the time so it might be what happened to you guys.

excellent, we'll definitely do that. We don't have the best weapons so we couldn't do very much damage before his shields were back up, blocking his teleport will really help.

I'd say its very likely that we enraged him, we took ages. I felt a little enraged too by the end of it so I know how he felt.

We were goofing off with a newbie and we still beat him. I wanted to hit him 9999999999999999 times. And those knights were totally shooting the hell out of me.

Yeah. But when the Swordbearer came for us and you "pushed me out of the way" and took the hit instead :p.

ib2mlZsMOke5ab.gif

Jinjo

Alright maxed out my Titan Infusion raid helmet. Ruin Wings level 32 loadout baby!

Now to just get that Abyss Defiant and about 41 radiant shards so I can get alternate (and better in the case of my Hunter, need to use Radiant Dance Machines on him to get to 32 atm) loadouts on my Hunter & Warlock and I'm done with CE forever. Think I have enough energies to upgrade one of each for the raid primaries. I guess in the time it takes to collect the radiant shards I'll easily get another 18 energy to upgrade that second Black Hammer or Word of Crota.

Need 1 more for crota hard. If there is a master sword bearer around it'd be appreciated. I'm running it at min but need drop on another alt

Jinjo

So what's the quickest way to gain class mats? Glimmer farming then buying the vanguard helmet or playing ROC strikes?

Roc strikes might be more fun I guess lol.

FirewalkR

Yeah. But when the Swordbearer came for us and you "pushed me out of the way" and took the hit instead :p.

ib2mlZsMOke5ab.gif

Phaethon, there's something you probably don't want to know, because you'll likely have to use that gif again.

I got a second Hawkmoon on one of this week's Nightfalls. Don't click the next spoiler, in the name of all that is holy, though.

Yes, I sharded it. >:)

Ambitious

So what's the quickest way to gain class mats? Glimmer farming then buying the vanguard helmet or playing ROC strikes?

I usually play ROC strikes and equip all green/blue items I pick up. That way, I can level them up while playing and dismantle them for extra materials. After dismantling, I equip the next batch. Rinse and repeat.

noomi

Aww man... Did I miss the roc train already?

If a spot opens up or anyone wants to start a new group, let me know... Psn is noomi85

Steroyd

ROC strikes.

Also if you've done bounties you've yet to cash in equip the blue armour level it up and you get more mats per dismantle.

Deku Tree

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/97882173/0/0/1

Will people believe xur is random now? Still no?

I think Deej is just trying to save face since that video just got posted but the actual twitch stream was months ago. Same reason the twitch stream got deleted. They'd never come out now and publicly admit Xur isn't random so they'll just keep denying it.

All DLC gear multiple weeks is a dead giveaway IMO. No way that is RNG when the exact same inventory of DLC gear has been sold twice.

But that Deej reply

Deej said:
Hey, there. Let me attempt to clear some things up here.

Xur is randomized. There are times when we can pull off miracles like making him stay in the Tower longer when Christmas is cancelled, but his inventory is governed by the same chaos that influences all the loot drops.

Comments in that video about "the plan" were more about the fact that we know what he's selling before he appears, even if we can't reach out and stock his shelves ourselves. We set him in motion, and his will is not his own.

Also in that video, you can hear me confessing that I'm not always in the loop when it comes to these things, so you should take pre-game lobby comments among friends with a grain of salt. That video was from months ago, and I was still learning the intricacies of all the new systems that we launched with the game.

These conspiracy theories are symptoms of a burning desire. Gjallarhorn is the most popular ask that comes my way. I know you want it, even more than the collective requests for more vault space. As you can see, these are things that are beyond my control. I don't have one either.

I'll do my best to talk to the people who create the code that drives Xur, and see if we can make him more valuable to you in the future.

Yeah I don't believe him. With every new DLC Xur is going to be heavily promoting the DLC exotics to try to get people to buy the DLC. Absolutely in Bungies/Activision interest and absolutely gives it away that Xur is not random. Of course they want us to think Xur is random so we don't get mad at them though. I hate the tone of Deej post as if he is talking down on us and accusing people of conspiracy theories when he is the one who said it.

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm fixing to do the Nightfall since I'm finally off of work and have the time. No mic right now but if anyone would like to join me PSN: The_Sacred. I'd love the help.

Deku Tree

RNG does not necessarily mean there's no rules to it and Bungie tweaks those rules so that different items on the same loot tables have different probabillities of showing up - popular examples would be the Vex Mythoclast, or the Crux of Crota.
ATM Bungie set the chances of DLC-stuff showing up everywhere to ridiculous - or the code's fucked up and tries to compensate for the head start the old content got.

Don't hold your breath. If Bungie had any ambitions to interact with the community through Xur, he would have sold heavy ammo after the last BWU.

The thing is (1) it absolutely makes sense that it's in Bungie/Activisions best interest to have Xur be (a) not random and (b) have that be a secret and everyone things Xur is random. And (2) to code Xur so that the DLC exotics have high probability of showing up is essentially the same as Xur being not random because their are so few DLC1 exotics.

Sullichin

It's annoying that the shitty DLC weapons feel like they just hurt my chances of getting GH and Red Death, the only two droppable exotics I have left. Getting a lot of Dragon Breaths. I don't even hate that weapon, I was excited the first time I got it and I used it a lot. It's fun. NLB and DB would be fine as fun novelty weapons if there were also good DLC exotics worth seeking.

Sullichin

I'm fixing to do the Nightfall since I'm finally off of work and have the time. No mic right now but if anyone would like to join me PSN: The_Sacred. I'd love the help.
I'll join with my Warlock you're still playing in a bit, need to finish breakfast and switch my weapons

KeRaSh

I wonder if they are actually thinking about another round of exotic buffs. NLB is a steaming pile of shit with the Nechrochasm right on its heels. The Vex was such a great reward for the hardest challenge back then and now we get something that is not even comparable...

Ambitious

Please take a look at the following examples. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume there are five exotic weapons, Xur's going to sell just one of them and simple weighted probability is used.

1toaka.png

Equal weight for all items. This would be what we consider truly "random".

20axd6.png

Increased weight for Dragon's Breath. Is it still random? Technically, it sure is. Though Dragon's Breath would of course get picked more often than the other weapons.

1000nzyhm.png

And what about this? You could safely bet your monthly salary on Dragon's Breath being chosen. Assuming that anything else would get picked would be absurd.
But technically, it's random.

DeeJ is just being DeeJ as usual. Don't believe his lies.

I wonder if they are actually thinking about another round of exotic buffs. NLB is a steaming pile of shit with the Nechrochasm right on its heels. The Vex was such a great reward for the hardest challenge back then and now we get something that is not even comparable...

The funny part is you just get the Vex, square in your lap of Atheon feels like it. The Nechroassm you gotta find the white weapon, kill shit, grind Eris so you can upgrade it, fully upgrade a legendary, pray for the crux drop AND THEN you get it.

ayyy

lmao

Jinjo

Please take a look at the following examples. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume there are five exotic weapons, Xur's going to sell just one of them and simple weighted probability is used.

1toaka.png

Equal weight for all items. This would be what we consider truly "random".

20axd6.png

Increased weight for Dragon's Breath. Is it still random? Technically, it sure is. Though Dragon's Breath would of course get picked more often than the other weapons.

1000nzyhm.png

And what about this? You could safely bet your monthly salary on Dragon's Breath being chosen. Assuming that anything else would get picked would be absurd.
But technically, it's random.

DeeJ is just being DeeJ as usual. Don't believe his lies.

That's an excellent point. There is no doubt that DLC items have a higher weight than the old items at the moment. Which absolutely sucks since I still need to get a few of the old exotics. In particular the Warlock armor (Ahamkara Skull, Veil & Praxic) and Red Death.

Not that anybody still believes Deej in the first place though lol. Spindoctoring at its finest.

Acorn

The funny part is you just get the Vex, square in your lap of Atheon feels like it. The Nechroassm you gotta find the white weapon, kill shit, grind Eris so you can upgrade it, fully upgrade a legendary, pray for the crux drop AND THEN you get it.

ayyy

lmao
I blame bungies insistence on equal footing between pvp and pve for the shitness of necro

cilonen

Really want a NLB buff. I don;t know why it's 'exotic' in any way.

Any reset crews around for GMT time tomorrow?

I am 32 with everyone.

Also I will be probably looking to do 2X Nightfall and weeklies later tonight if anyone is on any wants to join.

Send me a message.

PSN: MandrakeUK

bitsurugi

That's an excellent point. There is no doubt that DLC items have a higher weight than the old items at the moment. Which absolutely sucks since I still need to get a few of the old exotics. In particular the Warlock armor (Ahamkara Skull, Veil & Praxic) and Red Death.

Not that anybody still believes Deej in the first place though lol. Spindoctoring at its finest.

Agree. The odds that Xur is selling, in like 6 or 7 weeks 4 times the ONLY TWO exotics of the DLC are just like... really really really ... REALLY LOW.
NLB and DB were both being sold TWICE EACH, and DLC came out mid december (12.12. was the 1st Xur day post DLC).

So yeah, it sure might be random, but just like weeklies and dailies, i bet that it's the same BS, that Xur stock is weighted, like 1 week DLC exotics, one or two weeks non-DLC or something like that.

What REALLY depresses me, that this whole DLC is actually PUNISHING ppl who BOUGHT it, since it kills diversification. Every 2 days the same 2 dailies.. c'mon. And Omnigul, while cool, it gets boring every 3 weeks as a NF.

On the other hand, we still have NO PVP rotation for DLC plus old pvp maps, which is ... just dumb. As a customer you have 2 options:
a) play old lame maps over and over
b) play 3 dlc maps.. over and over

Why not having a map rotation of old maps PLUS new maps, which is the only one that actually makes sense. It would also help THEIR goal to force ppl buy the DLC, which doesn't seem to bother them when screwing ppl with the dailies, weeklies and Xur exotic rotation.

Meanwhile, i got 410 (!!! yes it's not a typo) strange coins, NOTHING to use em on and still NO Thunderlord since day1. Thank god i haven't passed on buying the Gjallahorn in week2.

SAiLO

Anyone running Crota Normal / VOG Hard around 7PM GMT tonight?

Got Titan/Warlock @31 with weapons ready for action.

Also happy to join Crota HM raid with lv 32 Hunter. Got the Crota checkpoint.

Top Bottom