• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I usually play ROC strikes and equip all green/blue items I pick up. That way, I can level them up while playing and dismantle them for extra materials. After dismantling, I equip the next batch. Rinse and repeat.

To be clear, this works for weapons but armor doesn't give you anything extra for leveling it up. The amount of class mats you get varies but it's RNG.

I haven't played since Wednesday....

I still need to do 1 HM CE from start to and including Deathsinger.

Didn't run the #ForeverNoVex runs this reset week either..

Ugh

Ugh

3990375-3184255386-6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-550wi

Deku Tree

Ugh

I hope you weren't upset by our last nightfall reward on Wed....

You: NLB
Me: Ghorn

Seriously, If your running Hard Atheon 3x or less tonight after 9pm EST I would like to be in on it. I have a Gorgons HM CP. I was supposed to be out of town today but that got cancelled because of Snow. I might try to organize something like this if I have time anyway.

E92 M3

Ugh

I didn't play all weekend...feels weird, but I'm hoping it refreshes me. All I know is that I am thankful CE has a better loot system than VOG. If CE was like VOG with loot distribution, it might have been the end of it.

My FL in Destiny dissapearing like every day now. Hate it. Can't jump into other people's dailies when your friends list doesn't load...

This weekend was terrible for me, but I just chalked it up to Superbowl weekend.

I only had 3 people online yesterday on my friends list, and 1 of those was my wife playing dragon age.

Steroyd

To be clear, this works for weapons but armor doesn't give you anything extra for leveling it up. The amount of class mats you get varies but it's RNG.

Blue armour do increase I got 5 classats for levelling a blue armour, where I normally get 2 or 3, it's legendary and above is where it starts getting static compared to weapons.

Deku Tree

I am not sure if this was posted about two weeks ago or not but I just noticed it and I don't remember a discussion...

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...j_answer_to_will_the_mythoclast_be_buffed_to/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2s6v3w/destiny_hot_fix_01122015/cnn2vw4?context=3

So Deej has told Reddit that the current plan is to never raise the attack value of the Vex or any VoG weapons or by extension old raid weapons from the old raids...

question said:
I understand that all Exotics in VOG will be bumped up to 331 attack, wondering if this includes the Vex Mythoclast? Thanks!

A simple yes or no will do :)

Deej Answer said:
[simple] No.

[simple, but less prone to misinformation] The Vex Mythoclast will not be bumped up to 331 Attack.

[Complicated] The Vex Mythoclast (while branded as an Exotic) is bound as a reward to the Vault of Glass. Thus, it shall be frozen in time. I cannot predict the future. For now, it will remain as it is... the most dreaded gun in PVP.

[Personal] I have no Vex Mytho. I will continue to represent your wish to see a path for you upgrade it, but I'm torn. You people scare the shit out of me in the Crucible when that thing rings out in my direction.

So things can and do change based upon player input but it sounds like Bungie's current plan really is to keep retiring raid weapons from the old Raids and promoting the new raid weapons from the new Raid. Not sure Fatebringer will be so good anymore against level 34-36 mobs and compared to 365 attack weapons.

I guess we can always save our old raid weapons for PvP where the attack values don't matter at all...

One of my big complaints with Destiny is that it cycles through weapons way too fast. I hope that Luke's post saying they are going to lessen the grind also applies to legendary weapons and armor. It's not as bad to replace old weapons and armor every few months if you don't have to grind as much to make them good. I hope Luke's lessening the grind comment also applies to legendaries and the whole game and not just upgrading exotics.

EL CUCO

I didn't play all weekend...feels weird, but I'm hoping it refreshes me. All I know is that I am thankful CE has a better loot system than VOG. If CE was like VOG with loot distribution, it might have been the end of it.
I really like the loot drop ratio in CE too. I like the the Raid Helm has a possibility of rolling different perks. Not sure if it's the same case with other pieces of Armor, but I'd like Bungie to take it a step further and apply that method of random perk rolls to weapons as well.

It'd make getting your 10th word of crota or Fang alot more interesting.

realcZk

CE normal is a blast, drop rate is way better than VoG. I like how tense it is and how there's little downtime.

Not a fan of hard mode at all though.

VoG is still the most fun/interesting coop experience in Destiny.

E92 M3

I am not sure if this was posted about two weeks ago or not but I just noticed it and I don't remember a discussion...

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...j_answer_to_will_the_mythoclast_be_buffed_to/

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2s6v3w/destiny_hot_fix_01122015/cnn2vw4?context=3

So Deej has told Reddit that the current plan is to never raise the attack value of the Vex or any VoG weapons or by extension old raid weapons from the old raids...

So things can and do change based upon player input but it sounds like Bungie's current plan really is to keep retiring raid weapons from the old Raids and promoting the new raid weapons from the new Raid. Not sure Fatebringer will be so good anymore against level 34-36 mobs and compared to 365 attack weapons.

I guess we can always save our old raid weapons for PvP where the attack values don't matter at all...

One of my big complaints with Destiny is that it cycles through weapons way too fast. I hope that Luke's post saying they are going to lessen the grind also applies to legendary weapons and armor. It's not as bad to replace old weapons and armor every few months if you don't have to grind as much to make them good. I hope Luke's lessening the grind comment also applies to legendaries and the whole game and not just upgrading exotics.

Yes, there aren't enough weapons to cycle like that. I think Bungie might pull back on those plans. Luke's words were a little indicative of that.

I really like the loot drop ratio in CE as wel. I like the the Raid Helm has a possibility of rolling different perks. Not sure if it's the same case with other pieces of Armor, but I'd like Bungie to take it a step further and apply that method of random perk rolls to weapons as well.

I'd make getting your 10th word of crota or Fang alot more interesting.

I still don't have 1 helmet lol. I don't agree about random perks for weapons in the raid - I like that they are consistent across the board. Random raid weapon perks will lead to too much dissatisfaction in the long run.

What bothers me about this the most is the delayed hard mode specific exotic.

Here we have a weapon that has a very limited window for use. the time difference between hard mode and the next expansion is something like 6 weeks. That means you've got 6 weeks to hope that you get the exotic drop from the hard mode final boss, and when you get it, you've got a maximum of 6 weeks to enjoy it. Every week that goes by makes the exotic less and less desirable due to the fact that you'll only be able to use it for such a short period of time.

No one is going to want to use an exotic from the last DLC when it's attack stat is so gimped compared to the new vendor items and raid legendaries.

Vex worked because it was around for so long, but if nechrochasm is the new way to handle this situation, then every new raid exotic is going to be less and less desirable.

patchday

is that the last quest? cause i'm on it and need help with it...i'm only lvl 26 so no chance of doing 30

Dang I wish you sent me a FR earlier and joined. I finished ritual just a few mins ago :(

Didnt check the thread til I got out

(bout to head out for work now; had to get my morning fix)

E92 M3

Here we have a weapon that has a very limited window for use. the time difference between hard mode and the next expansion is something like 6 weeks. That means you've got 6 weeks to hope that you get the exotic drop from the hard mode final boss, and when you get it, you've got a maximum of 6 weeks to enjoy it. Every week that goes by makes the exotic less and less desirable due to the fact that you'll only be able to use it for such a short period of time.

No one is going to want to use an exotic from the last DLC when it's attack stat is so gimped compared to the new vendor items and raid legendaries.

Vex worked because it was around for so long, but if nechrochasm is the new way to handle this situation, then every new raid exotic is going to be less and less desirable.

Well, if the are using the smart loot system more people should be getting it quicker. No more 40 runs with no exotic (hopefully).

I hope you weren't upset by our last nightfall reward on Wed....

You: NLB
Me: Ghorn

Seriously, If your running Hard Atheon 3x or less tonight after 9pm EST I would like to be in on it. I have a Gorgons HM CP. I was supposed to be out of town today but that got cancelled because of Snow. I might try to organize something like this if I have time anyway.

I'm free this afternoon btw. I could help.

I'm down for a full run.

I have had some family issues so I haven't been on. Nothing to do with loot or anything game related.

I will post this evening for some Atheon and CE runs!

Deku Tree

I think Bungies solution to this is to bump the attack value of the Necrochasm to 356 or something right before HoW hits just below the new 365 attack value just like they did with the Vex. Then Nechro is useful until the next level bump I guess... Still don't like it.

Lnkn52

Well based on how the new exotics weapons are performing, they are already poop and less desirable as is.

Well, if the are using the smart loot system more people should be getting it quicker. No more 40 runs with no exotic (hopefully).

Smart loot or not, not seeing a Crux of Crota for 1, 2, even 3+ weeks is entirely possible. I have 3 characters and I still haven't even seen one drop, let alone obtain one myself.

realcZk

Bungie's choice to not allow hard mode exotic raid weapons to be upgraded for newer content is a ridiculous decision that I just don't understand. It would bother me even more if the Necrochasm was actually worth grinding for. I definitely think that raid exotics having a higher weapon damage is a cool perk because it's going to give you an advantage on day one of the next DLC. One interesting choice they made with the necrochasm was not requiring you to grind XP to upgrade the weapon after using the Crux.

Smart loot or not, not seeing a Crux of Crota for 1, 2, even 3+ weeks is entirely possible. I have 3 characters and I still haven't even seen one drop, let alone obtain one myself.

And all of this doesn't matter because the weapon sucks so much that's it useless beyond being a collectors item

noomi

You know what I want? CE Hard Mode ship.

I just want it.

Same, it looks cool. The only thing that might make me try CE HM again after reset,

I got it last week. Looks OK I guess.
Jumping into your daily again BTW.

Same here guys, the ship and the sparrow are the only things I am missing from hard mode crota. I think the ship looks very cool actually.... seems more rare than some of the weapons/crux that drops even.

Jesus christ, just when you think DeeJ couldn't come off anymore condescending and patronizing. What the fuck is it with these Bungie employees all acting like the game they helped create is completely out of their control, as if all the creators have now died or left them with no source code? Once again, the fans are playing Destiny the game, and the Bungie employees are playing, Destiny the Profit Margins.

We are in two completely different world's and DeeJ thinks we are too stupid to figure it out. Really, Xur is purely random and you guys just have zero control or influence over that squigly faced twat? It is fucking code, no matter how complex. Xur isn't the first sentient AI routine. Fix your fucking game, and stop pretending all of the blatantly obvious systems crafted to maximize DLC investments and retard player progression are not meticulously controlled and invented by Bungie. What a worthless community manager.

Again, stuff like this furthers my belief that the "A team" over at Bungie are already working on the next $60 offering and it is the "B team" skeleton crew left to plink away at the broken Destiny 1 colossus with their pea-shooter resources.

They know exactly what we want out of Destiny as players and exactly how to fix it, and they are going to make damn sure we have to pay for those fixes when we buy Destiny 2 or 1.5 whatever it is sold as. With the backlash that followed Destiny's launch from a huge chunk of gamers and critics, they know they need every single, "we knew this was broken in 1, but we fixed it in 2!" ace up their sleeve. If they waste those cards with Destiny 1 patches, they are pissing away money. I get it, it's business. Just fire that windbag DeeJ in the meantime, because he is the biggest waste of money on your books.

Deku Tree

Yeah the whole by the time most people get it (even if you completed hard CE three times a week since it launched) it might be worse than tower weapons in terms of attack value is totally awful. If it's going to be like that and HM is going to get these delays then they need to raise the drop rates to be like the other CE drop rates.

k1t4j

Based on my poor experience, there's no smart loot just luck.... and I have none

Doing CE since launch and only ever got 1 weapon, the rocket launcher. and 4 (no helmet) pieces of gear.

Doing CE HM since launch, (never killed crota though), only shards and energies, up to the death singer.

Sucks

CE normal is a blast, drop rate is way better than VoG. I like how tense it is and how there's little downtime.

Not a fan of hard mode at all though.

VoG is still the most fun/interesting coop experience in Destiny.

I'd like to try to down Crota a couple times on normal tonight before the reset. You in? Otherwise, I guess I'll just play Dying Light until my dreams can be smashed again tomorrow night.

Agreed, but this is more a knock on what the Nechrochasm is more than anything. Fatebringer is a perfect example of a weapon that is still useful and desired even with 31 less attack stat. If Nechrochasm was as good a gun as Fatebringer is instead of being garbage even now, this wouldn't be so big a problem.

Yeah the whole by the time most people get it (even if you completed hard CE three times a week since it launched) it might be worse than tower weapons in terms of attack value is totally awful. If it's going to be like that and HM is going to get these delays then they need to raise the drop rates to be like the other CE drop rates.

What's weird is the only time it would remain useful is in PvP of all things. Where attack stat is neutralized.

Think about that. That long PvE ques that finished with a hard mode raid completion for a weapon that can only be used in PvP.

Atkison04

The stats are pretty much the same. So the relevant differences are:

Saterienne Rapier
+ Outlaw
+ Firefly
- Small magazine (13 rounds)

Fang of Ir Yut
+ Arc Damage
+ Field Scout
+ Third Eye
+ Hive Disruptor
- No Firefly

I'm still using my Rapier for the abyss in CE as Firefly is the perfect way of dealing with thralls, but elsewhere I'm using the Fang.

Thanks for summing that up man. I have 3 fangs but I'll continue to grind some pvp for the saterienne as well. Outlaw and Firefly are awesome perks imo. Besides, the only other thing I'm aiming for at the moment is the word of crota. Thanks again ambitious!

Lnkn52

What's weird is the only time it would remain useful is in PvP of all things. Where attack stat is neutralized.

Think about that. That long PvE ques that finished with a hard mode raid completion for a weapon that can only be used in PvP.

They should just get rid of pvp, who plays that crap:

783arBS.gif

Rubenov

. One interesting choice they made with the necrochasm was not requiring you to grind XP to upgrade the weapon after using the Crux.

True... but you also had to 1) get an RNG Husk of the Pit to drop, 2) level that Husk of the Pit, 3) Level Eris and purchase upgrade, 4) level Eidollon Ally, 5) get an RNG Crux

That's a whole lot of work

Ambitious

B8yyMMYIQAEGRZw.jpg:large

Hard decision. The left one is obviously better for PvE (Surplus), the right one is useful for both PvE and PvP (early detonation).

However, in PvP I'm using Hunger of Crota anyway, which has target tracking. So I guess I'll dismantle the Valedictorian. Not gonna keep two legendaries of the same damage type around.

Rubenov

I can barely take someone's shield down with Nechrochasm in PvP let alone kill them

B8yyMMYIQAEGRZw.jpg:large

Hard decision. The left one is obviously better for PvE (Surplus), the right one is useful for both PvE and PvP (early detonation).

However, in PvP I'm using Hunger of Crota anyway, which has target tracking. So I guess I'll dismantle the Valedictorian. Not gonna keep two legendaries of the same damage type around.

I would never keep a RL which such a crap velocity...

LTWood12

True... but you also had to 1) get an RNG Husk of the Pit to drop, 2) level that Husk of the Pit, 3) Level Eris and purchase upgrade, 4) level Eidollon Ally, 5) get an RNG Crux

That's a whole lot of work

So to apply the crux to the Eidollon Ally, first you have to fully upgrade EA? I've never gotten a clear answer on this. (still don't even have a husk)

noomi

Picked up The Culling from an engram today, looks decent, has field scout, high RoF... the only thing.... the stability is insanely low.

I've been looking for a good void weapon to replace my corrective measure in the heavy department.

Any thoughts on the culling?

I've been in a similar boat this wee. I've just done about 4 extra HM crota kills this week and left 3 due to game stuff. I'm starting to feel very repulsed by it, maybe I just burnt out or maybe I'm just sick of playing a broken encounter.

I haven't played for loot/rewards since I got the coveted TItanhorn ( nothing else to look forward to). I've been playing because of the people and it pains me when despite our best and most concerted efforts the game sticks it to us. It hurts to hear the sighs of my teammates when I tell them the sword is gone or I got insta whacked by crota(insert the grief caused by knights and crota's somewhat variable kneel time). It's crushing when you're at the 5th hour of an encounter that should have been over in 15 mins, 45 if you mess up a couple of times.

While playing I feel like I'm at the game's mercy, helpless and constrained. I can do nothing to get the team out of a repeated cycle of failure. Give it anything but your best and you die earlier, give it your best and you die later. To win the game must allow me to win and that is quite off putting.

Picked up The Culling from an engram today, looks decent, has field scout, high RoF... the only thing.... the stability is insanely low.

I've been looking for a good void weapon to replace my corrective measure in the heavy department.

Do you mean the calling? I think the culling is a fusion rifle (I might be wrong)
Edit: I was totally wrong :p

E92 M3

I didn't get it yet, but a lot of my friends did. There have been reports of it dropping 4 at a time for some. Kadey's reset group had 5 crux drops.

Jesus christ, just when you think DeeJ couldn't come off anymore condescending and patronizing. What the fuck is it with these Bungie employees all acting like the game they helped create is completely out of their control, as if all the creators have now died or left them with no source code? Once again, the fans are playing Destiny the game, and the Bungie employees are playing, Destiny the Profit Margins.

We are in two completely different world's and DeeJ thinks we are too stupid to figure it out. Really, Xur is purely random and you guys just have zero control or influence over that squigly faced twat? It is fucking code, no matter how complex. Xur isn't the first sentient AI routine. Fix your fucking game, and stop pretending all of the blatantly obvious systems crafted to maximize DLC investments and retard player progression are not meticulously controlled and invented by Bungie. What a worthless community manager.

Again, stuff like this furthers my belief that the "A team" over at Bungie are already working on the next $60 offering and it is the "B team" skeleton crew left to plink away at the broken Destiny 1 colossus with their pea-shooter resources.

They know exactly what we want out of Destiny as players and exactly how to fix it, and they are going to make damn sure we have to pay for those fixes when we buy Destiny 2 or 1.5 whatever it is sold as. With the backlash that followed Destiny's launch from a huge chunk of gamers and critics, they know they need every single, "we knew this was broken in 1, but we fixed it in 2!" ace up their sleeve. If they waste those cards with Destiny 1 patches, they are pissing away money. I get it, it's business. Just fire that windbag DeeJ in the meantime, because he is the biggest waste of money on your books.

Yes, it's very unfortunate that things are going this way. Would be great if Luke or Urk posted more often here.

I've been in a similar boat this wee. I've just done about 4 extra HM crota kills this week and left 3 due to game stuff. I'm starting to feel very repulsed by it, maybe I just burnt out or maybe I'm just sick of playing a broken encounter.

I haven't played for loot/rewards since I got the coveted TItanhorn ( nothing else to look forward to). I've been playing because of the people and it pains me when despite our best and most concerted efforts the game sticks it to us. It hurts to hear the sighs of my teammates when I tell them the sword is gone or I got insta whacked by crota(insert the grief caused by knights and crota's somewhat variable kneel time). It's crushing when you're at the 5th hour of an encounter that should have been over in 15 mins, 45 if you mess up a couple of times.

While playing I feel like I'm at the game's mercy, helpless and constrained. I can do nothing to get the team out of a repeated cycle of failure. Give it anything but your best and you die earlier, give it your best and you die later. To win the game must allow me to win and that is quite off putting.

Indeed - those glitches are heart breaking for a team that is struggling with strategy to only be battling glitches as well.

Homeboyd

Any reason why? The only content 300+ weapons are good for is HM CE and there's no void shields there. CM is one of the best heavy/void options for 95% of the game's current content.

realcZk

The Vex Mythoclast is a brilliant weapon and a worthy reward for the completion of VoG on heroic. I don't think you'll find anyone who would disagree with me when I say that the Necrochasm is very disappointing.

It feels like Bungie has struggled to balance ARs even after the 2% damage nerf, as all the new ones are high RoF and low impact, which without a unique perk are really hard to justify using over HC/SR in end-game PvE.

Pulse rifles are another story. Red Death is the only pulse rifle I'd consider using because the perk is exceptional in many situations. The damage output of these pulse rifles and the difficulty of landing all shots in a critical hit zone vs a HC/SR do not justify their use for me. They lack that punch and just feel bad to shoot. I've never actually done DPS comparisions but I can't see them coming close to the output of HC/SR in end-game PvE content.

I'd be interested in seeing what percentage of the Destiny population at level 30+ actually uses pulse rifles regularly, for anything. I still need to try the CE pulse rifle but I'm not very excited to do so.

realcZk

I'd like to try to down Crota a couple times on normal tonight before the reset. You in? Otherwise, I guess I'll just play Dying Light until my dreams can be smashed again tomorrow night.

I dunno if I'll be on... I'm really burnt out on it right now man. If you can't find anyone shoot me a PSN message and I can run the sword or shoot some rockets at that big green fucker.

Top Bottom