• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Rubenov

So to get the Crux, you need a) To have obtained Glowhoo with the character you're using, b) complete the hard raid BEFORE killing Crota on normal for the week, and c) RNG

cilonen

So to get the Crux, you need a) To have obtained Glowhoo with the character you're using, b) complete the hard raid BEFORE killing Crota on normal for the week, and c) RNG

How on earth was that figured out, especially B?

edit: not that I doubt, I'm just amazed :)

Namikaze1

You don't need to have gotten Glowhoo on a character to get theCrux. Glowhoo is NOT a requirement nor is doing hard mode first. It's all RNG based. I know of one gaffer who got the Crux in their first Hard mode completion. I also know of one irl who got the crux the same way. It's all RNG based.

Looking for some VoG advice. I tried it for the first time over the weekend and got as far as fighting the templar.
We got him down to about 10% health one time but didn't manage to kill him.

Should we ignore the oracles at the end and get the shield bearer to just keep cleansing us while we fight off the hoards of Minotaurs or should we continue to run around trying to take out the oracles before they can mark us?
Hawkian showed us a good strategy on our newbie VoG raid (hopefully I get it right, haven't been able to play the raid since, lol)

locationstemplar6yuqy.png

using the above picture as reference, get the entire team up to the far right platform. Shoot as many oracles as you can, doesn't matter if you get marked by the ones you can't. Since you're all grouped together, you can get cleansed easily by the relic holder. There's great cover there, and the team can totally hold down the area while getting great shots on the Templar (hopefully someone in the group has Weapons of Light, and pops it behind the big rock before unloading on the Templar).

Our newbie team got it done in no time at all, no wipes. Based Hawkian, hopefully I explained it properly.

Sofa King

With this Xur fiasco, this week's roll should have Ghorn…

I actually think Ghorn will never again be sold by Xur. It is the carrot that when you have everything else you need, you will still play for. It is also why we will never see trading. If you can round out your collection of weapons, you will most likely get to the point of standing in the tower not knowing what to do next. This is the point that they never want you to be at.

Rubenov

You don't need to have gotten Glowhoo on a character to get theCrux. Glowhoo is NOT a requirement nor is doing hard mode first. It's all RNG based. I know of one gaffer who got the Crux in their first Hard mode completion. I also know of one irl who got the crux the same way. It's all RNG based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5opJttQ_No

Not that I doubt your girl but maybe there's more to it. I know the group I got it with, we killed Crota on Hard at reset the second week, and 5 out of 6 got the Crux. Maybe it significantly increases the probability.

cilonen

Aha, finally uploaded. My P.O.V. of yesterday's Crota Hard Mode kill with Drizz, MandrakeUK, HigXx, Macello and Kenshiro.

I'm running interference on the boomers and take a comedy death from a thrall right at the very end as I'm watching Drizz do his thang with the sword and keeping one eye on the boomers. Thralls run into the bubble and take me out before I realised what was going on!

http://youtu.be/ckeEYzYOKvU

Deku Tree

My FL in Destiny dissapearing like every day now. Hate it. Can't jump into other people's dailies when your friends list doesn't load...

Namikaze1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5opJttQ_No

Not that I doubt your girl but maybe there's more to it. I know the group I got it with, we killed Crota on Hard at reset the second week, and 5 out of 6 got the Crux
There have been people here and on reddit who got the crux in their first hard mode completion. Some have mentioned they got it on an alt that never got Glowhoo. When these people have gotten the Crux without having done those said "requirements" it all just points to the drop being completely random.

KeRaSh

The funny part is you just get the Vex, square in your lap of Atheon feels like it. The Nechroassm you gotta find the white weapon, kill shit, grind Eris so you can upgrade it, fully upgrade a legendary, pray for the crux drop AND THEN you get it.

ayyy

lmao

Yeah, I never got the Vex and sure as hell won't bother with the Necrochasm. All I wanted was the Abyss Defiant so no need to do Crota HM.

Bradach

Hawkian showed us a good strategy on our newbie VoG raid (hopefully I get it right, haven't been able to play the raid since, lol)

using the above picture as reference, get the entire team up to the far right platform. Shoot as many oracles as you can, doesn't matter if you get marked by the ones you can't. Since you're all grouped together, you can get cleansed easily by the relic holder. There's great cover there, and the team can totally hold down the area while getting great shots on the Templar (hopefully someone in the group has Weapons of Light, and pops it behind the big rock before unloading on the Templar).

Our newbie team got it done in no time at all, no wipes. Based Hawkian, hopefully I explained it properly.

That sounds like an excellent strategy. We'll give it a go, thanks.

bosseye

If Xur sells Gjallarhorn, they will be nerfing that shit so hard lol.

Ha, you know it. Imagine every Destiny encounter where the entire fireteam is brandishing Gjallerhon. They'd have to nerf it so hard - I've seen that video where the Nightfall fireteam killed Omingul in 10 seconds as they were all using Gjallerhorn. Imagine every encounter with that level of firepower, it would break the game.

I don't reckon Xur is ever going to sell it. Aside from the above, it seems to be one of the only potential drops driving some players.

I just want Hawkmoon and Gjallerhorn and the Vex.

Ridwald

So, Archon Priest tomorrow, Bungie?

Please, anything but Valus or Omnigul AGAIN

Like last week, i'm placing a bet on the Archon Priest, it's been far too long this strike hasn't pop up as the Weekly :) But ... i was already wrong last week so it might be Valus ...

Ha, you know it. Imagine every Destiny encounter where the entire fireteam is brandishing Gjallerhon. They'd have to nerf it so hard - I've seen that video where the Nightfall fireteam killed Omingul in 10 seconds as they were all using Gjallerhorn. Imagine every encounter with that level of firepower, it would break the game.

I don't reckon Xur is ever going to sell it. Aside from the above, it seems to be one of the only potential drops driving some players.

But it already broke the game to the point that they felt the need to hamstring everyone doing CE by making HM 33 instead of 32. It's built with the knowledge that some team members will have GHorn, and it's a slog for those that don't.

Steroyd

I wonder if they are actually thinking about another round of exotic buffs. NLB is a steaming pile of shit with the Nechrochasm right on its heels. The Vex was such a great reward for the hardest challenge back then and now we get something that is not even comparable...

Whoa Whoa WHOA! What is this slander towards NLB!?

NLB at its absolute worst still has entertainment value in using it in crucible killing people with it, Necrochasm is a piece of shit no matter what you try to use it for.

Sullichin

Seriously. I can't remember the last Archon Priest nightfall. It's been a LONG ass time.
Is there a new cheese spot after they fixed underneath the ramp?

Think they'd mind if we take their pikes?

I'm feeling like I will probably be around during reset if anyone on my FL wants to knock out at least one NF.

Don't know about (b) Carbon, auto_aim, cosmos, kadey and silver did a reset HM raid and got all of them got the crux

bosseye

Good strategy, done that a few times. Stay on the right as a group, kill the 3 oracles that spawn nearby, ignore the others and cleanse as required.

This other reliable strategy I've done a few times is if, from spawn:

1) Only one player goes down to pick up the relic
2) The other 5 stay at the top and array themselves around on the cliff face until they can see all the 'non hidden' oracle locations*
3) The relic holder hangs around at the back killing enemies and deals with the two hidden oracles.
4) Cliff guys deal with the easy oracles (and shoot the templar occasionally)

*It is possible to get position on the cliff and see the hidden oracles too.

This strategy works well for icebreaker users. Theoretically no need to ever cleanse and you should all be able to handle the oracles as and when they appear. Makes for a very chilled encounter if you're on the cliff, less so if you're dashing around at the bottom...

E92 M3

And that's why I hope they don't sell it (for the greater good), but hope they up the drop rate a bit. None us of want our precious weapon nerfed.

Good strategy, done that a few times. Stay on the right as a group, kill the 3 oracles that spawn nearby, ignore the others and cleanse as required.

This other reliable strategy I've done a few times is if, from spawn:

1) Only one player goes down to pick up the relic
2) The other 5 stay at the top and array themselves around on the cliff face until they can see all the 'non hidden' oracle locations*
3) The relic holder hangs around at the back killing enemies and deals with the two hidden oracles.
4) Cliff guys deal with the easy oracles (and shoot the templar occasionally)

*It is possible to get position on the cliff and see the hidden oracles too.

This strategy works well for icebreaker users. Theoretically no need to ever cleanse and you should all be able to handle the oracles as and when they appear. Makes for a very chilled encounter if you're on the cliff, less so if you're dashing around at the bottom...
Nice, I'll have to try that one out some time.

noomi

Off to clean the snow off my car and get to work, when I get back I'm roc'ing all night.

Stay warm out there destinygaf!

Atkison04

Is the Saterienne Rapier worth grinding crucible for? It looks good and I've heard people talking about it in this thread somewhat. I started playing crucible yesterday for the first time since the last iron banner to grind up to level 3. How would you guys rate the Fang versus the Rapier (minus elemental burn)?

TheOddOne

Yeah I don't believe him. With every new DLC Xur is going to be heavily promoting the DLC exotics to try to get people to buy the DLC. Absolutely in Bungies/Activision interest and absolutely gives it away that Xur is not random. Of course they want us to think Xur is random so we don't get mad at them though. I hate the tone of Deej post as if he is talking down on us and accusing people of conspiracy theories when he is the one who said it.
Regardless of the obvious DLC push, the excuse that they designed Xur to be completely random feels, to be blunt, shortsighted. Yes, a certain level of randomness is fine, but there should be so random that they, the developers of the game, have to accept whatever the Vendor program spits out. Some level of control should always be in your hands, because you want to avoid repeats and have the possibility to react to community feedback. I don’t think it’s as random as they claim, because, like you said, the push for the Crota DLC is so obvious. There is some level of politics going on here, it’s not fully the cause but there is no denying that it certainly feels like it played a part.

Rubenov

There have been people here and on reddit who got the crux in their first hard mode completion. Some have mentioned they got it on an alt that never got Glowhoo. When these people have gotten the Crux without having done those said "requirements" it all just points to the drop being completely random.

Don't know about (b) Carbon, auto_aim, cosmos, kadey and silver did a reset HM raid and got all of them got the crux

Druhv - Exactly what I'm saying; almost all of my group got the Crux at reset, and it seems all of Kadey's group got it at reset as well.

While I agree there's some RNG, if it was entirely RNG we would've had way more Cruxes dropping the first week.

None here got it the first week, and only very little reports worldwide (I remember that video of the German dude). This all indicates there's likely something at play more than pure RNG.

If I was hunting for the Crux, I would attempt hard clears before normal ones. At worst, your chances remain the same, and at best, you put a little more probability on your side.

Druhv - Exactly what I'm saying; almost all of my group got the Crux at reset, and it seems all of Kadey's group got it at reset as well.

While I agree there's some RNG, if it was entirely RNG we would've had way more Cruxes dropping the first week.

None here got it the first week, and only very little reports worldwide (I remember that video of the German dude). This all indicates there's likely something at play more than pure RNG.

If I was hunting for the Crux, I would attempt hard clears before normal ones. At worst, your chances remain the same, and at best, you put a little more probability on your side.

I am pretty sure they adjusted Crux drop rate after reset after hearing reports that its not dropping for anyone, then re-adjusted it when they saw that they overdid it. If you ask anyone who has a Crux, most will tell you they got it on first day of reset.

I'd say it's more likely that the weighting was very low the first week and was subsequently increased the second week.

I am pretty sure they adjusted Crux drop after reset after hearing reports that its not dropping for anyone, then re-adjusted it when they saw that they overdid it. If you ask anyone who has a Crux, most will tell you they got it on first day of reset.

Yep. Thats what i`m thinking. They ajusted then re-ajusted later.

Rubenov

I am pretty sure they adjusted Crux drop after reset after hearing reports that its not dropping for anyone, then re-adjusted it when they saw that they overdid it. If you ask anyone who has a Crux, most will tell you they got it on first day of reset.

This makes sense too, if so, lol Bungie

Should we ignore the oracles at the end and get the shield bearer to just keep cleansing us while we fight off the hoards of Minotaurs or should we continue to run around trying to take out the oracles before they can mark us?

you should also finish the Templar before the Minotaurs spawn, they just make that phase way too difficult.

Jinjo

It wouldn't break the game. I've often rolled in full Ballarhorn teams for nightfalls and both raids, you're severly overestimating its power. A burn makes any weapon OP btw.

Lnkn52

It wouldn't break the game. I've often rolled in full Ballarhorn teams for nightfalls and both raids, you're severly overestimating its power. A burn makes any weapon OP btw.

I agree, it's the Guardian not the weapon that would make it OP.

Even though I was late to the party for the Vault of Glass, I'm really happy to find out that Corrective Measure is still a damn fine machine gun.

Ambitious

Is the Saterienne Rapier worth grinding crucible for? It looks good and I've heard people talking about it in this thread somewhat. I started playing crucible yesterday for the first time since the last iron banner to grind up to level 3. How would you guys rate the Fang versus the Rapier (minus elemental burn)?

The stats are pretty much the same. So the relevant differences are:

Saterienne Rapier
+ Outlaw
+ Firefly
- Small magazine (13 rounds)

Fang of Ir Yut
+ Arc Damage
+ Field Scout
+ Third Eye
+ Hive Disruptor
- No Firefly

I'm still using my Rapier for the abyss in CE as Firefly is the perfect way of dealing with thralls, but elsewhere I'm using the Fang.

Top Bottom