• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Namikaze1

Lol! GameStop hasn't updated the Bloodborne US Collector's Edition page. They have the old version of the CE and the release date as February 6.

Digital for me
I want the art book so bad. I have on,y bought 4 Collector's Editions in my life, 3 I regret (ME3, Star Wars The Force Unleashed though it was going for $45, and Dead Space 2) and one I don't (Last of Us Survival Edition). The Last of Us one I bought because I really wanted the art book.

Anyway, we're off topic. Back to Destiny talk.
Bungie, House of Wolves better deliver or Bloodborne will be taking your PS4 playerbase.

Man, some of you must have had some free time this weekend. I've gotten like 4 requests to be added to the Guardian Lord list in the past two days.

All about dat normal CE flawless! And when they bother to bring back Salvage lots of people can finish up GLord.

So do I but I don't quite trust myself in the run with the flawless folks yet :)

I have the video of my POV of our kill yesterday too

http://youtu.be/ckeEYzYOKvU

You could definitely do it, Lv32 is recommended but not required. Nobody should feel worried about doing flawless on normal CE, with a few vets in the group it won't be a problem. Anyone that's more worried and/or Lv31 can just stay safe outside during DSingers for example.

The key is just how short the raid is. The VoG jumping area was so fucking tense because it took at least 30 (boring) minutes to get back there if someone died, and then you still had two more encounters after it. For CE, the tense parts are:

1.) First phase in darkness, can solo it pretty easily and any deaths here mean you lose 2-5 mintues, no biggie
2.) DSinger: There are safe strats, especially with Titans and she dies so easily when taking damage from Lv32s. If it goes until her Liturgy starts it just means she will be stationary and taking extra damage. A death here takes maybe 15 minutes to get back.

Also LordNimon/Cantaloup and Born2Live/Ty_84 have expressed interest, afaik they still need the trophy.

Like you said we can do 2 runs if there are enough people for it, not a bad idea to have some "repeat offenders" like me and you fill out the team just to help out. Unless someone else wants to run sword I might bring my 32 Hunter with Don't Touch Me's just to make running sword even easier. Should be really easy to avoid needing to go to Ogres even if I'm extra conservative with my approaches.

Are we talking about flawless? I don't NEED it, but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I wouldn't want to take your place xplicit, but if there are more, and another group forms...I'm down. I think a couple of flawless Vets per team would net the best odds for completion.

Yea Like Drizz said, there are at least 2 others that have expressed interest so we could easily form 2 groups of 4. With that said, I definitely wouldn't mind you taking my spot especially if we're unable to form the 2nd group. I'm just here so I don't get fined to help :D Whatever works best for everyone who wants/needs it

Man, some of you must have had some free time this weekend. I've gotten like 4 requests to be added to the Guardian Lord list in the past two days.

Yeah, make that 5. The only trophy given out this weekend that mattered. Lordship hooooooooo!

J8gm958.png

Oh I never buy guides. I always get my video game help from the internet for free. Seems to be at least as good or better than a guide. .

Yeah, it's more about having the art work and collection of all the game's areas in one place. I have the DS2 guide and never used it much for actual "strategy" but it's fun to flip through and remember all the different areas of the game.

If you're hanging around BBGAF like it seems a lot of us will be, I'm sure that'll be the best place for strategy info and advice (kinda like DGAF for Destiny advice).

Yeah, it's more about having the art work and collection of all the game's areas in one place. I have the DS2 guide and never used it much for actual "strategy" but it's fun to flip through and remember all the different areas of the game.

If you're hanging around BBGAF like it seems a lot of us will be, I'm sure that'll be the best place for strategy info and advice (kinda like DGAF for Destiny advice).

Yea BBGAF will be tough for me. I want no spoilers so it might be rough navigating through that thread haha

stb

All about dat normal CE flawless! And when they bother to bring back Salvage lots of people can finish up GLord.

You could definitely do it, Lv32 is recommended but not required. Nobody should feel worried about doing flawless on normal CE, with a few vets in the group it won't be a problem. Anyone that's more worried and/or Lv31 can just stay safe outside during DSingers for example.

The key is just how short the raid is. The VoG jumping area was so fucking tense because it took at least 30 (boring) minutes to get back there if someone died, and then you still had two more encounters after it. For CE, the tense parts are:

1.) First phase in darkness, can solo it pretty easily and any deaths here mean you lose 2-5 mintues, no biggie
2.) DSinger: There are safe strats, especially with Titans and she dies so easily when taking damage from Lv32s. If it goes until her Liturgy starts it just means she will be stationary and taking extra damage. A death here takes maybe 15 minutes to get back.

Deathsinger is what I'm afraid of. Do you plan on a vet soloing lamps, then cheesing bridge? A group of us did a run last week where plenty of us died during lamps/bridge, but we only wiped at Deathsinger. Is there a trick we were missing for her? It was the 7,345 knights that kept getting us.

Mindlog

It actually was Salvage, I was sitting on platinum for like 2 weeks until Salvage showed up this weekend.
Yup.
What's the best way to handle that?
Maybe posts should just #GuardianLord and everyone promise not to quote the tag. That way a quick search finds all the new blood.

Anyway, me too.
Mindlog - Guardian Lord - WEBM
Everyone wants roc strikes all of a sudden eh? Wish I was home, I would hop on that train with you guys.
A shot of the ROC train on Saturday morning with Noomi and Lik. The ship choice was not intentional, and I had just gotten it from the previous strike when Lik joined.
UPOCOHi.jpg

Have to remind myself to do my last weekly today. Start stockpiling strange coins in preparation for HoW and maybe 6 coins per char of heavy ammo. After the first day of CE Hard Mode, haven't really used much heavy synths so I don't anticipate needing to use many in the near future, especially if they fix the losing ammo bug with HoW (not holding my breath). Switching boots when wiping helped a ton.

noomi

A shot of the ROC train on Saturday morning with Noomi and Lik. The ship choice was not intentional, and I had just gotten it from the previous strike when Lik joined.
UPOCOHi.jpg

Haha! I remember that, the roc strike green ship gang!

I think I have every possible roc strike ship at this point, might be missing one...

edit: I'll be out of the thread again now but be back a bit later for any flawless groups, etc. Sending a PM always works if you want to make sure I'll see it, sometimes I can go back through thread pages I missed but not always.

Yea BBGAF will be tough for me. I want no spoilers so it might be rough navigating through that thread haha

haha oh yeah, I'm gonna try to finish my first playthough ASAP so that I can start hanging out there, until then I will probably still be in lockdown mode....

Deathsinger is what I'm afraid of. Do you plan on a vet soloing lamps, then cheesing bridge? A group of us did a run last week where plenty of us died during lamps/bridge, but we only wiped at Deathsinger. Is there a trick we were missing for her? It was the 7,345 knights that kept getting us.

If there's a solo pro like Kadey tonight then that's easiest. Honestly we've wiped more CE flawless runs from people dying when everyone tries to fall down the first pit than anything else. That's the main reason a solo pro is nice, everyone else can just chill up top and get teleported to the bridge when done. I've done flawless runs w/ legit darkness phase so it's not essential.

I'm not sure how flawless bridge cheese would work nowadays. That would be the only phase where having a Lv31 would be more of a problem. They could just drop the sword when they run across and let a Lv32 grab it to finish off the GKeeper easy. We could talk about that more when groups get together, depending on the group levels etc.

DSinger just have someone kite out the wizards on each side and snipe them down from the boomer towers. Keep rockets to a minimum except for someone sneaking up to rocket each shrieker then gtfo until the death balls clear out (don't even need to go all the way inside, just rocket or snipe from door). It can help to throw rockets at the groups of Knight majors to clear them out a bit, as long as everyone is careful and clearly marks out the positions where they will be rocketing.

Then everyone group up on the right side (from spawn point), go in together, use double bubbles or even triple bubbles if you have enough titans (Armor, Blessing, Weapons). Use IceBs and BHams mainly, and just don't rush things. You have plenty of time to finish her off even if she starts her song so don't start firing rockets willy nilly, haha. Then get back outside and slowly clear everything out before Scrota.

Has anyone here tried a SSD in their PS4? Any noticeable load time decrease afterwards, or is it all on Bungie's side of thigns?

I'm flirting with this idea and the instructions seems incredibly simple.

Yea Like Drizz said, there are at least 2 others that have expressed interest so we could easily form 2 groups of 4. With that said, I definitely wouldn't mind you taking my spot especially if we're unable to form the 2nd group. I'm just here so I don't get fined to help :D Whatever works best for everyone who wants/needs it

I would want you there to help. I want to make it clear that I don't need it because I'm not a completionist, not because I've done it. I get nervous trying to get the walking tall bounty from level 8 sepkis prime.

I probably wouldn't be able to do it until at least 10pm est. I'd really like to do some organizing and glimmer farming so I can get my Hunter to 32 with Don't Touch Me arms equipped. And have all of my best weapons at the ready.

Rehsa

Also LordNimon/Cantaloup and Born2Live/Ty_84 have expressed interest, afaik they still need the trophy.

Like you said we can do 2 runs if there are enough people for it, not a bad idea to have some "repeat offenders" like me and you fill out the team just to help out. Unless someone else wants to run sword I might bring my 32 Hunter with Don't Touch Me's just to make running sword even easier. Should be really easy to avoid needing to go to Ogres even if I'm extra conservative with my approaches.
I would be interested in joining a group for this, not sure when I would be able to do it though. Was always nervous to do VoG flawless

Lnkn52

Has anyone here tried a SSD in their PS4? Any noticeable load time decrease afterwards, or is it all on Bungie's side of thigns?

I'm flirting with this idea and the instructions seems incredibly simple.

Gothalion from Twitch streams says he was going to buy one today and test it.

Gothalion from Twitch streams says he was going to buy one today and test it.

I hadn't looked at them in a while and was surprised to see quite a nice price drop.

looks like $100 can get you 240 gigs, which isn't bad. I'm not really a space hog, so that should be fine for me.

Nice vid, but I'm specifically curious if it helps with destiny load times at all. Due to destiny doing matchmaking behind the scenes of almost every load screen. So a faster drive might not do anything if the time delay is all server side.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm assuming most of the loading times are from contacting Destiny servers though.

The price of new SSDs just went up again because of a model refresh across several manufacturers at least.

cilonen

Cool!

I'm 10 shards away from 32 now thanks to DGAF and this week's adventures, I'd be up for giving it a shot.

Nuszka

So i see some Bloodborne talk here. I know i will be getting it as a souls series fan. My only worry is how will it affect my Destiny play time. If HoW releases on the 10th of march i will have about 2 weeks to enjoy it. Then i will most likeley stick to my destiny tuesday schedule. Tbh i do not expect HoW to exceed TDB in any way. Will see how it goes anyway.

V_Ben

Banned
Ok everyone. Been playing this game since day one, but Ive never done either raid. So, I was wondering, is anyone free at the moment to pull me through vault of glass? I'm a level 28 warlock, PSN is 'V_Ben' :)

Top Bottom