• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

What? I thought the reef was getting its own hub? It was in a pre-release video!

Destiny 2.

There is a big attack on the tower, and we had to evacuate. Reef becomes new Tower.

I am having a hard time understanding why they showed all this stuff... do they just show everything and worry about it later? Or was the game originally planned to have this content ready to play right away but they later decided to cut it from the main game and sell it to us as DLC for more money? Or did it get cut and we will never see it anyway?

It's standard bungie marketing.

The artists get done first and they need stuff to show off in videos, so we get glimpses into stuff that isn't really done.

Deku Tree

10625100_772226842843549_1472746093802035020_n.jpg

Ok on this image there is Green "Reef" under EP2 which seems like a location and also green "Hive Ship" under Comet which also looks like a location. Notice Vanilla Destiny has four green planets and EP1 has no green planet so make of that what you will...

Lnkn52

Destiny 2.

There is a big attack on the tower, and we had to evacuate. Reef becomes new Tower.

It's standard bungie marketing.

The artists get done first and they need stuff to show off in videos, so we get glimpses into stuff that isn't really done.

Where's Commander Shepard?!

Ok on this image there is Green "Reef" under EP2 which seems like a location and also green "Hive Ship" under Comet which also looks like a location. Notice Vanilla Destiny has four green planets and EP1 has no green planet so make of that what you will...

What has me curious about this image is the number of missions.

Dark Below shows a +3 under new missions, but which 3 counted? When Dark Below launched we only had 2 real missions.

Seige and Wakening.

Fist of Crota is an obvious third, but what makes that one count and not the Urn quest?

Have not done it on 3 characters and could bring a 32 Titan or Hunter with maxed Horn or Ice Breaker. (got sent home from work early with the weather - also taking a day tomorrow to go to the Doctor)

If not, I don't mind as I am only doing it for the Fang.

Nothing left to do

Need 2 more for crota HM kill and we could use your titan

LTWood12

def grabbing The order as well. Would snag Majoras mask if it was in wii u, but not buying a 3ds. My back log is getting kinda ridiculous....

I'm still laughing at your Crota antics the other night Greeny. I really wish I had saved the clip of your character looking as drunk as you actually were.

lt519

Look closer and there is "New Patrols" which isn't listed for EP2. I think The Reef is a location where the raid is and nothing more. Still a new place, but we got that with raids already.

Namikaze1

def grabbing The order as well. Would snag Majoras mask if it was in wii u, but not buying a 3ds. My back log is getting kinda ridiculous....
I bought a 2DS cause it was going for $100 and I really only wanted to play Pokemon X & Y and A Link Between Worlds. Pokemon and portable Zelda are really the only reason why I buy Nintendo handhelds.

Deku Tree

What has me curious about this image is the number of missions.

Dark Below shows a +3 under new missions, but which 3 counted? When Dark Below launched we only had 2 real missions.

Seige and Wakening.

Fist of Crota is an obvious third, but what makes that one count and not the Urn quest?

Fist of Crota is now on the map, although it wasn't when TDB launched and Fist of Crota is a bona fide new mission that you can play whenever you want. So that is the third mission IMO.

The Urn quest is just a quest. The new final mission is not new it is just an old story mission with higher level enemies, more enemies, and those Vestige green circle things. The Urn mission is only on the map during the quest so it doesn't count IMO.

Fist of Crota is now on the map, although it wasn't when TDB launched and Fist of Crota is a bona fide new mission that you can play whenever you want. So that is the third mission IMO.

The Urn quest is just a quest. The new final mission is not new it is just an old story mission with higher level enemies, more enemies, and those Vestige green circle things. The Urn mission is only on the map during the quest so it doesn't count IMO.

What drives me nuts about the First of Crota is that it wasn't added to the daily mission hopper, and I don't understand why.

What drives me nuts about the First of Crota is that it wasn't added to the daily mission hopper, and I don't understand why.

cuz it takes like 2 minutes

can't be giving away those valued ass materials so easily

although i remember when killing the wizard was the daily a couple weeks ago lol

Since it's February, what games you guys picking up this month?

I'm gonna get The Order and maybe Majora's Mask 3D.

Just The Order 1886. Not only do I have an extensive backlog that I just recently added Infamous 2, Festival of Blood, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy to, but I'm also looking to do some major furnishing and vacation time for when my wife gets back from deployment.

Deku Tree

Yeah that would be a cool mission to add to the Daily Story rotation. Must have just glitched out with it not being permanently on the map and so it go left out of the story rotation and they never got around to putting it in...

TheOddOne

Finished the PvP portion of this bounty. Now only this stands in my way.

i4KlT1QgXOR6y.png

*Shivers*

Xboners add me to your friendlist: TheOddOne187. I'll try to return the favor.

rNilla

It seems like they didn't originally intend for it to be repeatable but after release realized it needed to be since they advertised three new story missions but only had two on the map.

cuz it takes like 2 minutes

can't be giving away those valued ass materials so easily

although i remember when killing the wizard was the daily a couple weeks ago lol

Yeah, but when they kept throwing in the other two missions from the DLC every other day, it got old, and seemed to odd since there was another mission just sitting there.

Deku Tree

Finished the PvP portion of this bounty. Now only this stands in my way.

i4KlT1QgXOR6y.png

*Shivers*

Xboners add me to your friendlist: TheOddOne187. I'll try to return the favor.

Definitely read up on the start for the mission before going in... I think there are now Phogoth health triggers that make Xyor appear only when Phogoth has under 10% health or something but if you accidentally kill Phogoth first then you gotta start over. It wasn't like that when I did it...

hope the prison of elders ties into the reef raid

would be kinda cool to see a bunch of cells opening up at the same time

its your time kaleesi

TheOddOne

Definitely read up on the start for the mission before going in... I think there are now Phogoth health triggers that make Xyor appear only when Phogoth has under 10% health or something but if you accidentally kill Phogoth first then you gotta start over. It wasn't like that when I did it...
Oh, thanks for the heads up.

Rubenov

Has the Necrochasm buff fix been announced yet?

Steps to fix Nechrochasm:

1. A larger clip. This should be a foregone conclusion, it NEEDS to happen
2. Increase the stability. Even with all the stability perks/sights selected, this weapon's shots are all over the place. Base stability should be higher.
3. Raise the body and critical damage modifier by a bit. Don't need to go crazy, just a bit to bring it inline with a stability increase. Needs to pack a bigger punch than it currently does.

4. Not entirely necessary, but having the cursed thrall explosion occurs right after a critical kill would be nice. Right now there's a delay.

All these would make the Nechrochasm worthy of beating the hardest content in the game, and going through the lengthy acquire and upgrade process. Will make people continue to play and try to beat hard Crota.

You can do this, Bungie.

Deku Tree

destiny-house-of-wolves-dlc-detail-3.jpg

If this pic is anything to go by, The Arena Hard Mode will just be an artificial difficulty bump like Crota's End Hard mode.

Last time I saw that pic people were saying that the red "level 35" was just a guess put in by the fan who made the picture because CE hard is "level 33". The level 35 didn't come from any reliable source just a guess I think. Hopefully Bungie learns from their mistakes.

Namikaze1

Last time I saw that pic people were saying that the red "level 35" was just a guess put in by the fan who made the picture because CE hard is "level 33". The level 35 didn't come from any reliable source just a guess I think. Hopefully Bungie learns from their mistakes.
I don't think Bungie will learn from the mistakes they did with CE hard mode. In fact, I'm fully expecting them to do the same thing for The Arena.

Greenymac

I'm still laughing at your Crota antics the other night Greeny. I really wish I had saved the clip of your character looking as drunk as you actually were.

Dude I was SMASHED. straight liquor Will get you there.
The Lortabs and the senzi bud didnt hurt either.
Im prety sure Ive played Destiny sober a total of once...

new strike boss is another walker?

Come on Bungie ffs

Meh, there is enough variables about a walker that it could be pretty interesting. Walker with different cannon types mounted to the top. Walkers with different triggers to expose their engines. etc...

To be real we're all just buying it for the raid and we know that's going to just be a giant Captain. ):

You have no idea how worried about this I am. Every Archon fight in the game is soooo boring to me.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
new strike boss is another walker?

Come on Bungie ffs

It's going to be re-used assets
Most likely they at least do a palette swap I hope on the colors of the Devil Walker

Earth - Brown, Moon/Venus - White, hoping a Blue tint for this strike to go with the house of wolves theme

New thread soon right guys? Also I hope Xur either sells the ballerhorn, or MIDA

Meh, there is enough variables about a walker that it could be pretty interesting. Walker with different cannon types mounted to the top. Walkers with different triggers to expose their engines. etc...

My black hammer is laughing.

ethomaz

Banned
I need to kill Crota HM one more time.

Hunter lvl 32.

I can try to be the sword guy but I just killed him on normal until now... never tried hard.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
To be real we're all just buying it for the raid and we know that's going to just be a giant Captain. ):

More like a Giant Melee Vandal that goes pure invisible, you have to look to the sandy ground and see it's footsteps for it's location!

Oh by the way, there will be 35+ Dregs with those uber shotties placed on each side, good luck sniping them all

Top Bottom