• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Just read Deej's post. "Conspiracy Theories"? It's a conspiracy theory to think that the people who created the game have an effect on what happens in the game? Lol

This cannot be said enough. Players expecting developers to know how to continue to develop a game they just launched, is not a conspiracy theory.

Daemul

Now, I'm probably a minority here... but the pulse rifle actually isn't THAT terrible. Can I be as bold to say that I actually kind of like it?

tumblr_mq4050kfJ11s51zjyo1_400.gif

It's a terrible Pulse Rifle. High RoF/Low impact = sucks

They would only have to worry about a possible balance tweak with Bad JuJu and Red Death, all the other pulse rifles in the game could use a buff across the board and it wouldn't break anything. Currently they are stuck between ARs and Scout rifles offering the benefits of neither and the shortcomings of both.

Eh...maybe the low impact pulse rifles, but buffing the high impact pulse rifles, which already have the high stability and high range of a scout rifle, would break the game, it's why Bungie haven't done it.

Pretty incredible to think that the same company that created the god-tier weapon of the Battle Rifle couldn't get a burst-fire weapon to be anything but the last choice in Destiny. :-(

This is what the Red Death was before they neutered it. You could two burst people in PvP with it.

Pulse should be beating AR at long distance but lose out on firing rate in exchange. Compared to Scout they should win on firing rate, but lose on ranged critical damage.

iJSGdowiu9DHk.png

There are already Pulse Rifles like this.

Ok people, I don't know why I even have to tell you this, but I guess I do. Like auto rifles, there are two types of pulse rifles, high RoF/low impact(Epilogue, Edict), and lower RoF/higher impact(Shadow Price, Super Pox VLO). As everyone knows, the high RoF/low impact versions suck balls, so if you're going to use these weapons, you need to go for the higher impact ones.

Now high impact pulse rifles(with the exception of the neutered Red Death), have a lower RoF than their high impact auto rifle counterparts, but they have a higher impact to balance it out. High impact pulse rilfes(again, with the exception of neutered Red Death) also have higher range and higher stability, on par with Scout Rilfes. High impact pulse rifles have slightly lower range and stability of a Scout rifle and they don't hit as hard, but they have a higher rate of rifle to balance it out. So there, balance.

The problem is though, like auto rifles, high RoF/low impact pulse rifles make up the vast majority of their class of gun, because Bungie seem to be on a crusade to balance every gun for PvP for some reason, leading to us getting shit like the Necrochasm, and I got no doubt that if a new exotic pulse rifle was introduced, it would be of the same shitty high RoF/low impact class the Necrochasm belongs too.

Bungie pls.

lunlunqq

Any one wants to do a HM Crota right now? We don't have to finish Crota off if it becomes too much of a problem. Just want to get the two chances to get the primary weapons. PSN: lunlunqq

raindoc

I solo'd the undying mind. every player matchmaking brought in quit the session before respawning.
except for that last guy, who spawned when the boss was <1/4 health.
he got an exotic.

SkylineRKR

There are very few though. Red Death isn't a 2 burst anymore which makes it fall short. Way to nerf a fucking Pulse Rifle. The last class that needed it.

Super POX was an old school PR I did own at some point. It wasn't bad. But I felt it did fall short against the likes of Shadow Price and Vanquisher. Even from range. What I mean is that those low impact/high ROF PR should not exist. We have AR for that. AR with those stats suck too but they do consisently beat PR with those stats. They aren't completely useless like PR.

Bungie is clearly phasing out AR. Most of the newer ones have shitty stats most players avoid. But that Vanquisher VII that NM sells, god damn its good. Its an oldie, but buffed to 331. Probably the last of the mohicans between vendor equipment in terms of high impact AR. Get it.

moris

Any one wants to do a HM Crota right now? We don't have to finish Crota off if it becomes too much of a problem. Just want to get the two chances to get the primary weapons. PSN: lunlunqq
I have 2 hours max to try and beat crota. I sent you a FR just now.

I solo'd the undying mind. every player matchmaking brought in quit the session before respawning.
except for that last guy, who spawned when the boss was <1/4 health.
he got an exotic.

I did 2 roc strikes the other day. 1 guy went idle 99% of the time. 2 kills while me and guy #2 did all the work, idle guy with 2 kills got a legendary vs our blues.

I know it's RNG but seems like they get rewarded better more frequently.

It's weird, because I feel like all they really need to do is give them an impact boost across the board. Whether that's a straight boost or a scaling one (higher on first bullet and scaling down, or vice versa) I don't know, but that seems to be the main problem. The fact that I don't they've EVER mentioned buffing pulse rifles beyond Bad JuJu is worrying. I think they figured they'd be competitive after the auto rifle nerf, but I think it's safe to say that's not the case.
I kinda feel like the Pulse Rifles should have been relegated to The Stranger's Rifle and Red Death only. They're too much of a 5th wheel in the weapon scheme in Destiny. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, Bungie does to the weapon going forward.

I kinda feel like the Pulse Rifles should have been relegated to The Stranger's Rifle and Red Death only. They're too much of a 5th wheel in the weapon scheme in Destiny. It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, Bungie does to the weapon going forward.

I wish the high RoF pulse rifles were better cause the low RoF ones are just so boring to use.

SkylineRKR

This cannot be said enough. Players expecting developers to know how to continue to develop a game they just launched, is not a conspiracy theory.

I think its clear that Bungie has no clue. Since launch all they do is reacting. If players find a way to gain glimmer or engrams a bit too fast, they step in. Glitches that make the game harder than it should be aren't really being touched. The Atheon glitch hurt their pride I think, they fixed that reasonably fast for their standards yet the regaining minotaur one man warp and detain were kept in. Those issues were very apparent as well.

Its like they are punishing the players, Crota HM feels like this too (so you're too fast with the sword? eat this insta wipe!). And that Deej guy embodies that, he comes off as a douche, and not someone who respects his customers. I don't know what the fuck happened to Bungie, but they are a shell of what they once were.

They have no clue on their level system and economy too. Its cluttered as fuck. Why is Mythoclast capped at 323? Try to explain that to a newcomer.

E92 M3

There are very few though. Red Death isn't a 2 burst anymore which makes it fall short. Way to nerf a fucking Pulse Rifle. The last class that needed it.

Super POX was an old school PR I did own at some point. It wasn't bad. But I felt it did fall short against the likes of Shadow Price and Vanquisher. Even from range. What I mean is that those low impact/high ROF PR should not exist. We have AR for that. AR with those stats suck too but they do consisently beat PR with those stats. They aren't completely useless like PR.

Bungie is clearly phasing out AR. Most of the newer ones have shitty stats most players avoid. But that Vanquisher VII that NM sells, god damn its good. Its an oldie, but buffed to 331. Probably the last of the mohicans between vendor equipment in terms of high impact AR. Get it.

PVP will always be bringing down PVE weapon design and utility, unfortunately.

As much as I would love to watch - spoilers need to be avoided. The intro to Souls games are always my favorite.

I think its clear that Bungie has no clue. Since launch all they do is reacting. If players find a way to gain glimmer or engrams a bit too fast, they step in. Glitches that make the game harder than it should be aren't really being touched. The Atheon glitch hurt their pride I think, they fixed that reasonably fast for their standards yet the regaining minotaur one man warp and detain were kept in. Those issues were very apparent as well.

Its like they are punishing the players, Crota HM feels like this too (so you're too fast with the sword? eat this insta wipe!). And that Deej guy embodies that, he comes off as a douche, and not someone who respects his customers. I don't know what the fuck happened to Bungie, but they are a shell of what they once were.

They have no clue on their level system and economy too. Its cluttered as fuck. Why is Mythoclast capped at 323? Try to explain that to a newcomer.

Kind of hard to disagree.

Deku Tree

Don't want to rain on the parade but to me BB DGAF reads as Bye Bye DGAF… lol

lolz.. I bought the Digital Guardian edition and my three toons are already just about ready for HoW even if I stop playing between now and then... I am here and whether or not I stay and grind the next DLC will depend upon the quality of HoW.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Have a HM Crota checkpoint that I'd really like to beat before the reset. Lvl 32 warlock.

Please help!

PSN: El_Bombastio

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

HoW expected release date: March 10
BB expected release date: March 24

HoW needs to be strong to keep people playing for > 2 weeks.

Can you imagine the dailies now? HoW -> CE -> Base -> repeat. Non DLC holders will struggle 2/3 days. Not to mention the weeklies. Wonder if they'll do HoW strike -> Omnigul back to back.

lupin23rd

I'd be down for a Crota kill, hard or normal mode since I'd like to get the primaries and a black hammer.

Deku Tree

HoW expected release date: March 10
BB expected release date: March 24

HoW needs to be strong to keep people playing for > 2 weeks.

Can you imagine the dailies now? HoW -> CE -> Base -> repeat. Non DLC holders will struggle 2/3 days. Not to mention the weeklies. Wonder if they'll do HoW strike -> Omnigul back to back.

I imagine they will give the CE dailies and weeklies a rest for a while once HoW releases. It will be mostly HoW + Vanilla Destiny missions on the LHS on the map screen IMO. I think it will be rare to see a CE mission over there at least in the beginning of HoW...

Technically the whole Raid, but I'd settle for parts of it rather than none. I might be able to solo the first two parts now that I have a 32 if it came down to it (Haven't been able to hit that lamp jump recently lol).

EDIT: I still need two weeklies also now that I think about it.
I can help with the bridge if needed, would like to get that done on my warlock. Probably won't be on till 1130 tonight though. (I saw iceman offer the abyss part and you would need more for the bridge).

phen0m24

CE normal is a blast, drop rate is way better than VoG. I like how tense it is and how there's little downtime.

Not a fan of hard mode at all though.

VoG is still the most fun/interesting coop experience in Destiny.
My buddies had fun running the VoG and CE with us Friday. Thanks for staying up and kicking butt. :)

Jinjo

I imagine they will give the CE dailies and weeklies a rest for a while once HoW releases. It will be mostly HoW + Vanilla Destiny missions on the LHS on the map screen IMO. I think it will be rare to see a CE mission over there at least in the beginning of HoW...

I don't think so. Clearly you are meant to buy the new content to keep playing. Bungie seems to care very little (read: not at all) about the players who are not willing to invest more money. This trend is not gonna change. By the time Comet comes out pure vanilla Destiny will be pretty much nonexistent.

raindoc

I did 2 roc strikes the other day. 1 guy went idle 99% of the time. 2 kills while me and guy #2 did all the work, idle guy with 2 kills got a legendary vs our blues.

I know it's RNG but seems like they get rewarded better more frequently.

acquisition stories... @&€#%! acquisition stories. I don't remember any except for raid gear and exotic bounties.
the game should reward you for setting and breaking personal and global records, flawless runs, being last guardian standing and killing a strike boss... y'know... doing heroic video gaming stuff.

instead you get 11 ass shards from an all-burn omnigul nightfall and an exotic weapon for taking a call halfway through a Roc strike.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't think so. Clearly you are meant to buy the new content to keep playing. Bungie seems to care very little (read: not at all) about the players who are not willing to invest more money. This trend is not gonna change. By the time Comet comes out pure vanilla Destiny will be pretty much nonexistent.

Honestly I'm not against that policy. I'd rather they focus on new/current content than try to please players who are 2 DLCs behind.

I just want to use my Vanguard marks at the Faction vendors. I rarely ever play crucible. There are 5 vendors tower that sell weapons and 4 of them only take crucible marks; Why?

Crucible marks should only be exclusive to the Crucible vendor. I just don't understand why it's this way.

phen0m24

I just want to use my Vanguard marks at the Faction vendors. I rarely ever play crucible. There are 5 vendors tower that sell weapons and 4 of them only take crucible marks; Why?

Crucible marks should only be exclusive to the Crucible vendor. I just don't understand why it's this way.

It would be great if old stockpiled Commendations were redeemable for 25 marks.
I have more than a dozen.

Jinjo

Honestly I'm not against that policy. I'd rather they focus on new/current content than try to please players who are 2 DLCs behind.

It makes total sense. The ones that pay you money are the customers you want to keep. There's very little business sense in catering to vanilla-only Destiny crowd as time goes on. Nor should new content be limited/held back because you have to think about the "non-paying" customers. Still, even as customer who is investing in the DLC, I want to keep playing the old content/get the old weapons or armor from Xur still. The weighting for new content to appear is too high atm, even for the people that have the DLC.

Except when you compare with Ghorn.

PS. I leveled up my Word of Crota and Faterbringer is yet my main HC... are there any good CE weapon except HOC?
Blackhammer, Fang of Ir Yut, Abyss Defiant, and Light of the Abyss are all top notch. Swordbreaker is also lethal at point blank.

lunlunqq

Anyone interested in a HM Crota starting ASAP? I only have around 2 hours now; so we may not have time to kill Crota. At least I want to have 2 chances at the raid primaries.

PSN: lunlunqq

1. lunlunqq

It would be great if old stockpiled Commendations were redeemable for 25 marks.
I have more than a dozen.

I wouldn't even mind that. Since I already have all the vanguard weapons that I wanted. I decided to switch factions in the past weeks. I've gotten all other 3 factions past rank 3 and I think one of them is even at 7 and all I've gotten thus far is a machine gun.

Just let me spend my marks at the factions. PLS BUNGIE!!. I'm just buying materials when I'm about to hit 200 marks

lunlunqq

Yes, I had already started writing a reply to your post. I'm down for a full run. I hope we can manage to beat Crota, as I'd like to try my luck with the Crux.

Are you part of their group? If not, would you join ours?

Great.

We have 3 now.

1. lunlunqq
2. Dhruv
3. Ambitious

Just need 3 more.

Top Bottom