• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Deku Tree

I don't think Bungie will learn from the mistakes they did with CE hard mode. In fact, I'm fully expecting them to do the same thing for The Arena.

This is what I think is a possibility:

CE Raid gear and exotics patch bumped to level 33.
New Tower Gear is level 32.
The Arena Normal Raid is level 32. (With level 34 enemies at the end.)
The Arena Raid Armor goes to level 34/35.
The Arena Hard Raid is level 34/35. (same as Armor)

Not sure how else they would "respect CE raiders effort" with the new Tower armor...

Steroyd

Definitely read up on the start for the mission before going in... I think there are now Phogoth health triggers that make Xyor appear only when Phogoth has under 10% health or something but if you accidentally kill Phogoth first then you gotta start over. It wasn't like that when I did it...

Yeah this happened to me when I camped in the room shooting Phogoth, I had to have a sacrificial lamb run out to trigger the waves and ultimately Xyor.

Definity

I caved and watched the bloodborne footage earlier today. I think that might just be the game that finally pulls me away from Destiny for a bit.

Namikaze1

This is what I think is a possibility:

CE Raid gear and exotics patch bumped to level 33.
New Tower Gear is level 32.
The Arena Normal Raid is level 32. (With level 34 enemies at the end.)
The Arena Raid Armor goes to level 34/35.
The Arena Hard Raid is level 34/35. (same as Armor)

Not sure how else they would "respect CE raiders effort" with the new Tower armor...
I seriously hope they do indeed bump the CE gear to 33 just so that I could go back and kick every single Thrall, Cursed Thrall, Acolyte, Hive Knight, Hive Wizard, and Ogre that fucked me up in the cave and bridge.

Namikaze1

You are all wrong!

The Arena's final boss will be this douche:

105060_b90935bc70d9f138d50d294207929284.jpg

Killing him will be oh so sweet.

You guys are wrong; final boss will be a Giant Shank.

Huh, this got me thinking. Not about HoW, but about Crota's End.

I wonder if part of the reason the Abyss is the way it is, is due to last gen? generating that many enemies has to be staining, so to compensate, I wonder if the answer was to simply black out the playing area. I mean, you don't have to have a skybox or anything in that area.

I caved and watched the bloodborne footage earlier today. I think that might just be the game that finally pulls me away from Destiny for a bit.

Which footage are you talking about, can you link me. I'm trying to get into the hype of this game but since I never played a Soul game I'm confused about the replay value as well

I think we'll make it to Wednesday morning. Depends on how many posts we get on Tuesday from the reset.

Sounds smart and reasonable

def grabbing The order as well. Would snag Majoras mask if it was in wii u, but not buying a 3ds. My back log is getting kinda ridiculous....

same here, taking the week off of destiny to play some far cry 4. got too up close and personal with a guy and pressed R1 to melee. threw a grenade instead and blew myself up....

also, honey badgers dont fuck around and apperently an AK does nothing to a rhino but make him angry. very angry.

You are all wrong!

img]https://www.bungie.net//common/destiny_content/grimoire/hr_images/105060_b90935bc70d9f138d50d294207929284.jpg[/img

I know you're joking, but seriously how cool would it be to have a fight like this? A 6v1 fight against a super mobile, regular sized bad-ass, set up almost like a PvP match against an OP player with extra mechanics thrown in.

What I want from the Reef.

The raid midboss to be a giant open area with tons of random chunks from ships usable as cover. On the far left and the far right of the area are 1 tank on each side. Taking cover from one means exposing yourself to the other.

MildSoss

You are all wrong!

105060_b90935bc70d9f138d50d294207929284.jpg

It'd be awesome if we did get a humanoid type boss at the end. Better then the huge lame bullet sponges we got now.

Imagine a Titan type end boss where he runs around shoulder charging every last one of us. So good.

Insaniac

I know you're joking, but seriously how cool would it be to have a fight like this? A 6v1 fight against a super mobile, regular sized bad-ass, set up almost like a PvP match against an OP player with extra mechanics thrown in.

I'd like to see a really interesting boss battle for once. Figuring out Crota and Atheon was interesting, but they both just boil down to "activate the weakpoint and shoot for massive damage!"

I'd like to see a boss fight where there are a lot of interesting mechanics when it comes to fighting the boss, offering players different routes on how to engage him. Also I'd like a raid boss fight where Supers besides Titan bubbles matters a little more.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
"test yourself" makes me feel like it's going to be horde style.

Round 1:
6 Dregs, 6 Vandals, 6 Captains...

Round 50:
12 Heroic Captains, 2 Epic Kells, 4 Heroic Walkers, 4 Dregs (for shit's n' giggles) *Immune till you drop all the rest*

Arrrammis

You forget there's a giant Fallen Captain with a gun that shoots arc bolts and can track you!

I'd just hope that the captain is using the shotgun/shrapnel launcher (I've seen more captains use the shotgun than the arc tracker), plus if there is any cover at all, it shouldn't be hard to dodge those or hide from them while still having line of sight on at least one of the walkers on the side. (all theoretical of course...)

Arrrammis

Round 1:

Round 50:
12 Heroic Captains, 2 Epic Kells, 4 Heroic Walkers, 4 Dregs (for shit's n' giggles) *Immune till you drop all the rest*

Round 51: Randal the Vandal, plus 10 stealth vandals that are only vulnerable when visible (i.e. after they use a melee attack), 5 of which are snipers.

Lee

Fist of Crota is now on the map, although it wasn't when TDB launched and Fist of Crota is a bona fide new mission that you can play whenever you want. So that is the third mission IMO.

What drives me nuts about the First of Crota is that it wasn't added to the daily mission hopper, and I don't understand why.

Bungie just wanted to artifically draw things out. Without the Fist of Crota mission being re-playable, completing the "Kill 3 Swordbearers" and "Kill 15 Hive on Earth with the Sword" bounties would bring more people into patrol, as well as all those who wanted a chance at getting the husk. It's right in line with their whole keep-people-replaying-old-content-as-much-as-possible strategy. The fact that it's not in the daily rotation is probably an oversight.

"I think the great tragedy of Halo is that for years and years it provided wonderful single-player and co-op content, and we provided people with almost no fun incentives or excuses, almost no reason besides their own enjoyment, to go back and replay it. So Halo 1 built these 10 labor of love missions, and only if you decided to go back and replay them was there any incentive to do so.

If I would have done anything to Halo 1, it would have been to do something to draw people back into those experiences that they enjoyed the first time. Even in the smallest ways, just to give them an excuse to get together and do it again...

The reason we’re doing [Destiny] is because I feel like, looking back on Halo… I described it over and over again to the team. It’s one of the great tragedies of Halo."

Jason Jones, http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/bungie-co-founder-destiny-creator-on-halos-greatest-tragedy

I wonder if it would be possible to use those turrets from PvP in PvE.

Like, imagine a setting with you versus 5 walkers, and the only way to really damage them is to use a turret that only one guy can operate.

The other players are on the field holding points that drop line of sight walls to the tanks, which obviously lets the tank see the turrets as well.

Namikaze1

Round 1:

Round 50:
Round 99 since Round 100 is final boss:
(all angry)
6 Heroic Walkers
3 Epic Kells
300 Lightswitch Heroic Epic Stealth Vandals

Bungie just wanted to artifically draw things out. Without the Fist of Crota mission being re-playable, completing the "Kill 3 Swordbearers" and "Kill 15 Hive on Earth with the Sword" bounties would bring more people into patrol, as well as all those who wanted a chance at getting the husk. It's right in line with their whole keep-people-replaying-old-content-as-much-as-possible strategy. The fact that it's not in the daily rotation is probably an oversight.

"I think the great tragedy of Halo is that for years and years it provided wonderful single-player and co-op content, and we provided people with almost no fun incentives or excuses, almost no reason besides their own enjoyment, to go back and replay it. So Halo 1 built these 10 labor of love missions, and only if you decided to go back and replay them was there any incentive to do so.

If I would have done anything to Halo 1, it would have been to do something to draw people back into those experiences that they enjoyed the first time. Even in the smallest ways, just to give them an excuse to get together and do it again...

The reason we’re doing [Destiny] is because I feel like, looking back on Halo… I described it over and over again to the team. It’s one of the great tragedies of Halo."

Jason Jones, http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/09/bungie-co-founder-destiny-creator-on-halos-greatest-tragedy

Whats interesting is that the parts of Halo 3, ODST, and Reach that made the older missions replayable seem to be missing. Selectable mission modifiers needs to be a thing.

Imagine a leaderboard for every individual mission. I don't know why this doesn't exist really. Then you could use the modifiers at your own interest. Also, we need more modifiers.

Jinjo

In before Urk/Deej promise the new raid boss is not just an "enemy reskin" with the real raid boss in fact being an overgrown captain/walker/sepiks.

better rewards for replaying missions on highest difficulty would be a start

although I guess that would make dailies irrelevant but w/e

You're all forgetting about the Bungie staple special:

Snipers. Snipers everywhere.

Just for kicks they'll drop us in a coliseum/fighting pit with level upon level of snipers to fight up to. Like a diabolical reverse-jumping puzzle.

In before Urk/Deej promise the new raid boss is not just an "enemy reskin" with the real raid boss in fact being an overgrown captain/walker/sepiks.

I wouldn't even mind a sort of Council of Wolves.

Like, fighting 3 Archons at the same time or something.

One with the shotgun thing, one with those nasty line rifles and one with that tracking arc thing.

I think that would actually be pretty cool. It'd be like taking down a Fallen fireteam.

maybe have it so you can only farm a mission once a week so you can't just do the easy ones

maybe have it so you can only farm a mission once a week so you can't just do the easy ones

Hell, right now a decent chunk of glimmer would be an acceptable reward. I'm hurting for that stuff all the time now.

Jinjo

I wouldn't even mind a sort of Council of Wolves.

Like, fighting 3 Archons at the same time or something.

One with the shotgun thing, one with those nasty line rifles and one with that tracking arc thing.

I think that would actually be pretty cool. It'd be like taking down a Fallen fireteam.

My Black Hammer is ready for the infinite stunlocks.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I wont be surprised if you fight another flying ball, a walker and then a capitan/archon priest

Most likely for Raid for House of Wolves:

1st boss:
Sepkis Prime variant, maybe color swapped to white/teal colors
Faster Teleports, switches from heavy lobbed shot to fast burst tracking Void burst fire
Always shielded, need to power up a rod by killing Dregs/Vandal near charging towers, ether seeds dropped by enemies get accumulated (counter keeps track), tower rods vacuums up the seeds/need to push button at certain location to shock blast from rod, drops shield for 15-25 seconds of DPS
Repeat, if too long, the enemies *trash/filler) scale from normal and increase to Epic versions

2nd Boss:
2 Kells protecting 2 doors,1 door is is easier to navigate and safe, but no chest, other has chest but very booby-trapped
Choose wisely
Both Kells swap shield element @25% health loss
So 2 elements always at play
Shanks R' Us as the trash but also the catalyst to lowering their shields faster

3rd Boss:
Devil Walker with Super Rapid Fire, very agile, can do a ground pound, that gives you a debuff, take 50% more damage for 30 sec, if you don't time your jump right

Final Boss:
Huge ass Fallen Captain with some new trinkets equipped
Arc Vestibules that chain on the ground, when 2-3 placed, they trigger on-off each other, in between them, Insta-Death
Arc Swipe, huge swipe motion, if caught in wake, you get debuff that if teammates can't drop your arc shield in time, you die, no respawn at all (normal)
*You have to shoot teammate with Arc damage to negate the countdown, 15 sec timer*
Arc Shockwave, think Titan smash, a little larger with wake that last 1- seconds
Worst thing is this fucking Captain has Defender Bubble
Pops at 15% lowered health per, 1st is 1.5 minute, last 1 is 30 seconds
DPS the shit out of it, if not, Insya-Wipe Raid, Arc Bubble blows up, consumes everything

My ideas!

LTWood12

I would really like to know how people would rank the subclasses (1-6) for PVE content. Obviously certain encounters favor having certain builds in the fire team, but overall I'd like to hear people draw their own conclusions. My top 3:

EDIT: W/ Corresponding Exotics

Defender w/ Saint-14-Ward of Dawn has saved the lives of so many. With the added ability to buff your party's offense or defense, I think it's critical for the hardest encounters, especially if you're blinding enemies.

Sunsinger w/ Praxic Fire-How many times have I thought I'd have to start a nightfall over, only to be saved by the fire.

Bladedancer w/ Don't Touch Me-This subclass has really shined in TDB. This class can pull 5 dead companions through the abyss with more ease than any other.

Top Bottom