• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Mindlog

Fighting an Archon or Servitor again...
On the bright side we'll all have Black Hammers by then.

Ranking the subclasses.
1.) Voidwalker with Obsidian Mind
2.) The rest.

I would really like to know how people would rank the subclasses (1-6) for PVE content. Obviously certain encounters favor having certain builds in the fire team, but overall I'd like to hear people draw their own conclusions. My top 3:

Defender-Ward of Dawn has saved the lives of so many. With the added ability to buff your party's offense or defense, I think it's critical for the hardest encounters.

Sunsinger-How many times have I thought I'd have to start a nightfall over, only to be saved by the fire.

Bladedancer-This subclass has really shined in TDB. This class can pull 5 dead companions through the abyss with more ease than any other.

I feel like it depends on the exotics equipped.

For instance, a Saint-14 defender is a lot different than a normal defender.

I would really like to know how people would rank the subclasses (1-6) for PVE content. Obviously certain encounters favor having certain builds in the fire team, but overall I'd like to hear people draw their own conclusions. My top 3:

Defender-Ward of Dawn has saved the lives of so many. With the added ability to buff your party's offense or defense, I think it's critical for the hardest encounters.

Sunsinger-How many times have I thought I'd have to start a nightfall over, only to be saved by the fire.

Bladedancer-This subclass has really shined in TDB. This class can pull 5 dead companions through the abyss with more ease than any other.

Very good point. Let's assume that each has optimal equipment. Saint-14, Don't Touch Me, etc.

Very good point. Let's assume that each has optimal equipment. Saint-14, Don't Touch Me, etc.
You laid it out pretty nicely. Just add the corresponding exotics.

Saint-14 Defender

Heart of the Praxic Sunsinger

Don't Touch me Bladedancer

Defender
Sundsinger
Bladedancer
Striker/Voidwalker/Gunslinger

I dunno, seems kind of silly. Each class seems to have a subclass that leans more towards PvE.

Defenders obviously can handle large groups of enemies alone, and have the extra survivability.

Warlock can rez, but obviously that only works in situations where they aren't already overrun.

Bladedancers can hide and thus slowly chip away at the enemy if need be.

Strikers/Voidwalkers/Gunslingers though just seem to be about taking out the enemy, there isn't a lot that they do that increases their survivability or benefits other members of their fire teams.

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone want to try and get a VoG HM group going a little later? I've never tried it, and the Fatebringer and VoC sound like incredible weapons.

All I want in a final fight is Greg the dreg dropping bombs on you from atop a giant shank. And maybe Randal the Vandal leading the ground forces...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

1. Obsidian Mind Voidwalker + Bad Juju (331 maxed) = Godly
2. Saint Helm-14 Defender + Shotty/Melee = Beast Mode
3. Don't Touch Me Bladedancer + Fatebringer = Cleaner
3.5 MOTTM Bladedancer + Monte Carlo = Invisible Man
4. Praxic Fire Sunsinger + Grenadier Perk Weapon = Sunbros R' Us
5. Aclophyage Symbiote Gunslinger + Bad Juju = Pew Pew Pew with Golden Gun Bullets
6. Armmanteraruim Striker + Grenadier Perk Weapon = Lighting Bolt Action

Yep, two of the best weapons in the game!

yaaaas.gif

rNilla

All I know is Gunslinger is my favorite, Bladedancer a close second and Sunsinger is easily my least favorite subclass by far. Outside of revive being useful in certain situations it's not interesting and Glide is the worst jump in the game.

ethomaz

Banned

EDIT: W/ Corresponding Exotics

Defender w/ Saint-14-Ward of Dawn has saved the lives of so many. With the added ability to buff your party's offense or defense, I think it's critical for the hardest encounters, especially if you're blinding enemies.

Sunsinger w/ Praxic Fire-How many times have I thought I'd have to start a nightfall over, only to be saved by the fire.

Bladedancer w/ Don't Touch Me-This subclass has really shined in TDB. This class can pull 5 dead companions through the abyss with more ease than any other.
All depends...

But Sunbro is the best subclass to solo any weekly activity..

It is like to play a game with two life instead one.

All I know is Gunslinger is my favorite, Bladedancer a close second and Sunsinger is easily my least favorite subclass by far. Outside of revive being useful in certain situations it's not interesting and Glide is the worst jump in the game.

Nilla knows what's up.

ethomaz

Banned
I can't deal with all the others jumps... Glide is the easy and best for every situation.

Macello- sorry I couldn't hop in with your invites, was watching The Wire w/ the wife. Let me know if people need 1 for Scrota or flawless now. Otherwise I think flawless runs were going to start around 9pm EST which is too late for GMT people I imagine.

Awe yes tomorrow is reset raid crew hates me because I get a million exotics that day, I'll provide the tomatoes.

lol your luck has to run out sometime! We can talk about it tomorrow but I'm down to do HM Scrota or not, doesn't matter to me. Afaik we still get the same exotic chances from normal DS+Scrota.

We could save a normal DSinger CP and run that 3 times, especially if people want secondary or heavy CE weapons. Then do HM CE fresh-->bridge 3x, and Gorgons-->Atheon 3x.

Glide is the easy and best for every situation.

lol wut o_O

LTWood12

1. Obsidian Mind Voidwalker + Bad Juju (331 maxed) = Godly
2. Saint Helm-14 Defender + Shotty/Melee = Beast Mode
3. Don't Touch Me Bladedancer + Fatebringer = Cleaner
3.5 MOTTM Bladedancer + Monte Carlo = Invisible Man
4. Praxic Fire Sunsinger + Grenadier Perk Weapon = Sunbros R' Us
5. Aclophyage Symbiote Gunslinger + Bad Juju = Pew Pew Pew with Golden Gun Bullets
6. Armmanteraruim Striker + Grenadier Perk Weapon = Lighting Bolt Action

You should've been a copywriter Grave. Though it's at number 6, I'm quite partial to Lightning Bolt Action.

patchday

So I wonder what's the point of grinding HM Crota when in 4 weeks everyone will get a level bump and Crota HM will become trivalized anyways when we're all L33-34. These expansions are so close together. Players only get to enjoy being on top of the mountain for like a few weeks before they are knocked back down again... Gr...

Hm, Bloodborne & The Order coming out soon. Will probably take a little break to play those like I did with DA: I. Then return a bit after. I bet there will be a lot of fixes, etc to look forward to then. I'm already feeling like I've hit a brick wall. Now that my Titan is L32 I havent been feeling too excited bout doing HM Crota. Especially knowing the guns will be obsoleted in a month anyways. Why bother? Better to scoop them all when expansion drops and I'm L33-34

LTWood12

Macello- sorry I couldn't hop in with your invites, was watching The Wire w/ the wife. Let me know if people need 1 for Scrota or flawless now. Otherwise I think flawless runs were going to start around 9pm EST which is too late for GMT people I imagine.

lol your luck has to run out sometime! We can talk about it tomorrow but I'm down to do HM Scrota or not, doesn't matter to me. Afaik we still get the same exotic chances from normal DS+Scrota.

We could save a normal DSinger CP and run that 3 times, especially if people want secondary or heavy CE weapons. Then do HM CE fresh-->bridge 3x, and Gorgons-->Atheon 3x.

lol wut o_O

My wife and I are currently watching the Wire as well. Just finished season 1. Definitely gets better w/ each episode.

ethomaz

Banned
Except when you're already heading in a downward trajectory.
You have control of the trajectory... it is the key... it was always my choice for flawless raider on VoG for jump part.

I have two issues with my others chars: jump and melee. I got used to jump but the melee is something weird yet with Titan or Hunter (I miss most of times).

^ lol Mr. GRX. I could do a more in depth post sometime, I do love playing as every subclass and trying out different strats in different situations. BDancer is clearly the best, i.e. easiest, sword runner class but Defender is most fun for me doing sword.

My wife and I are currently watching the Wire as well. Just finished season 1. Definitely gets better w/ each episode.

Yeah, it's a re-watch for me but holy shit I just appreciate it more and more every episode. We've burned through it pretty fast, will probably finish season 4 tonight.

It's a slow burn type of show but every season builds on itself so well and later seasons even build on earlier ones to the point where you really grow to know and love the characters unlike any show I've ever watched. Bubbles4Life. Sogood.gif

You have control of the trajectory... it is the key... it was always my choice for flawless raider on VoG for jump part.

I mean, once you start going down there's no way back up. The other two jumps give you a boost. Glide doesn't, or at least only after a run up.

From the perspective of purely free-falling, I don't see how any of the jumps are hard to master. Just press x before you hit the bottom.

We're gonna go toe to toe with the infamous invincible Randal himself.

We find out he is the true mastermind behind the riots and breakouts. We shall see him atop a golden chariot (read shank) riding down to slay us all. This is when we pull gladiator style shit to fuck him over. Then ask the queen at the end for a thumbs up/down

Rubenov

Yeah, it's a re-watch for me but holy shit I just appreciate it more and more every episode. We've burned through it pretty fast, will probably finish season 4 tonight.

It's a slow burn type of show but every season builds on itself so well and later seasons even build on earlier ones to the point where you really grow to know and love the characters unlike any show I've ever watched. Bubbles4Life. Sogood.gif

Bubbles is the best

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Cømet;150318176 said:
Repent before the bubble!

Pfft before a Titan can fart 1 Bubble out, I've dropped 3 Nova Bomb on those Darkness fools, that why you see so many Titans dancing in their bubbles, no one wants to go into them

ethomaz

Banned
I mean, once you start going down there's no way back up. The other two jumps give you a boost. Glide doesn't, or at least only after a run up.

From the perspective of purely free-falling, I don't see how any of the jumps are hard to master. Just press x before you hit the bottom.
Yeap... that is why I like Glide... it is like a jump and not 2 or more jumps... to get full jump hit x twice... wait some time to hit the second x to get an average jump... or just wait the first jump to glide hiting x to anywhere.

It can reach every possible place in the game... and you can enable and disable glide during jump.

It is cool and give you full control of the jump.

My least favorite is the Hunter jump because it is limited compared with the other two.

We find out he is the true mastermind behind the riots and breakouts. We shall see him atop a golden chariot (read shank) riding down to slay us all. This is when we pull gladiator style shit to fuck him over. Then ask the queen at the end for a thumbs up/down

It makes me sad that what we'll actually get will never be this good.

You're all forgetting about the Bungie staple special:

Snipers. Snipers everywhere.

Just for kicks they'll drop us in a coliseum/fighting pit with level upon level of snipers to fight up to. Like a diabolical reverse-jumping puzzle.

lol for the raid im imagining a bunch of vandal snipers like the 2nd halo 2 mission.

jackal snipers everywhere!

Top Bottom