• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Yeap... that is why I like Glide... it is like a jump and not 2 or more jumps... to get full jump hit x twice... wait some time to hit the second x to get an average jump... or just wait the first jump to glide hiting x to anywhere.

It can reach every possible place in the game... and you can enable and disable glide during jump.

It is cool and give you full control of the jump.

My least favorite is the Hunter jump because it is limited compared with the other two.

The Hunter jump can limit you on how far you can traverse, but I find it gives much better mobility. Hunters are definitely the most nimble, which is probably why I prefer them. Warlocks are the slowest thing in the game, it's no wonder they need self-revive. I hate fucking floating about like a giant target.

rNilla

The Hunter jump can limit you on how far you can traverse, but I find it gives much better mobility. Hunters are definitely the most nimble, which is probably why I prefer them. Warlocks are the slowest thing in the game, it's no wonder they need self-revive. I hate fucking floating about like a giant target.

Clay Pidgeon Master Class.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
*Advertising/Self-Promotion*

32 Warlock, 32 Hunter, 31.75 Titan looking for a good time @ Reset
Willing take long walks during the darkened abyss (stupid Weight of Darkness x10)
Willing to enjoy some cheesy bridgesticks with a sprinkle of ogre spice
Love to be lulled by a Litany of Sorrow
Would love to give a Prostate exam to the son of Oryx, he has my Hunger of Crota!

Oh new page post GET!
Drizzay
Warlocks > All
Space
yF9xXPU.gif

ethomaz

Banned
Ok. I got the Crota HM CP.

1 - ethomaz
2 - Longhornbevo
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

I really good sword guy is appreciated but I can do the job myself if needed (I never tried to kill him in Hard but I do fine in Normal and already know the trick to use invisible skill).

Welp, looks like I am taking a break from the game for a while. I always thought RNG would do me in since it nearly has a few times, but I have hit the Wife Enrage timer. She says she is done and had enough of it. I don't think I play that much and calculating back to lauch day I am averaging about 1.4 hrs a day and that is apparently playing "all the time", but what are you gonna do.

She did say I can still play games, but I have to play other games. :/

Dammit, reset is tonight too.

^Titan Truth Nami! ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

It can reach every possible place in the game... and you can enable and disable glide during jump.

No it can't, e.g. jumping from ground up to Scrota's platform. Titan w/ upgraded height is the only true "ups" in the game. No version of glide comes close. You can also enable and disable it in air, same as glide.

That's a legit way to farm everything.

Yeah, assuming the exotic chance is ~the same between normal and hard, which may or may not be true. Just saves a lot of potential aggravation, although we could also do HM Scrota #TeamFirstTry 3x if we get lucky. I think we all have all the primaries except Crux... and we all know how shitty that gun is.

The level cap will be raised soon. No sense in putting up w/ Scrota's garbage.

1 - ethomaz
2 - Longhornbevo
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

I really good sword guy is appreciated but I can do the job myself if needed (I never tried to kill him in Hard but I do fine in Normal and already know the trick to use invisible skill).

I'll join ya. PSN KylieDog

lupin23rd

1 - ethomaz
2 - Longhornbevo
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

I'd be up, have to make a phone call so be 5 - 10 minutes, but looks like we still need 3 anyways. PSN same as GAF.

1 - ethomaz
2 - Longhornbevo
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -

I'm in, 32 Titan. need to get in done within an hour, so let's get rolling.

ethomaz

Banned

1 - ethomaz
2 - Longhornbevo
3 - KylieDog
4 - lupin23rd
5 - illiniguy05
6 -

I really wish for a good sword guy but I can do the job myself if needed (I never tried to kill him in Hard but I do fine in Normal and already know the trick to use invisible skill).

One more guy.

TheOddOne

Is it me or are the Crucible drops not happening anymore? Last few matches people have not been getting anything, and if they do get something it’s really, really, low level stuff.

Last week people were getting some exotics and legendary engrams, but none of those have dropped today.

I have hit the Wife Enrage timer.

This is the thing where HM Scrota really gets on my nerves and I take things personally. I don't buy the "it's just a game" excuse. It's a hobby that we all enjoy and want to do well at, and we have to fit it into our "real lives." I get really pissed off when teams have to waste hours because Bungie wanted to patch cheese and didn't care that it would glitch up the fight (for the 3rd consecutive time, mind you).

I've been on so many teams where you can hear someone's kid or wife (mine included) or family in the background asking how long until they'll be done. Nobody here is delusional enough to think "just a game" takes any priority over family but it's not right when people know they can beat the fight and know that the next run should definitely be "the run" only to be undercut by the nonsense I've bitched about here a million times. I completely understand why people stick it out because they want the satisfaction of overcoming the "challenge" and I don't think there's anything wrong with caring about that. /rant

tick221

1 - ethomaz
2 - Longhornbevo
3 - KylieDog
4 - lupin23rd
5 - illiniguy05
6 -

I really wish for a good sword guy but I can do the job myself if needed (I never tried to kill him in Hard but I do fine in Normal and already know the trick to use invisible skill).

One more guy.

I'm in if you still have room, PSN Tick221

Also I had a question about grenades. Feels like everyone in PvP has OHKO grenades except me. My Warlock grenades get down their shields at most. Am I doing something wrong, or are the Voidwalker nades poor by design?

GraveRobberX

One thing I have noticed today doing Patrols for Bounties, a lot of mobs were dropping green and blues regularly, at a good pace too

Saw 2 purple engrams drop in 30 minutes apart
1 was a class item, the other helmet...

Is it me or are the Crucible drops not happening anymore? Last few matches people have not been getting anything, and if they do get something it’s really, really, low level stuff.

Last week people were getting some exotics and legendary engrams, but none of those have dropped today.

I could count the amount of times I've seen exotics drop in Crucible since release on both hands. It's definitely not meant to be a regular occurrence.

Sullichin

When most of your compatriots die to their own Tripmines by either forgetting where they stuck them or place them so horribly that they die, you can't be superior
Not enough people use Amakara's Spine. They make trip mines so much more useful as actual traps, and make it less likely that you'll be around your own grenade when it explodes

SaganIsGOAT

Is it okay to ask here to create a group to run the Nightfall and Weekly? Cause if so, I need to run Nightfall and Weekly still. I am a 31 Warlock :p

GraveRobberX

You sound salty

Killed by too many tripmines in pvp?

No I'm the smart player that shoots them to disable them for my teammates, it's the Hunters who die to their own Tripmines which is hilarious

Hey lets place that mine near that wall, 5 seconds later, oh an enemy is approaching from my radar, lets go see, *forgets placement of mine*, blows up right in front of them, bye bye Hunter

This is the thing where HM Scrota really gets on my nerves and I take things personally. I don't buy the "it's just a game" excuse. It's a hobby that we all enjoy and want to do well at, and we have to fit it into our "real lives." I get really pissed off when teams have to waste hours because Bungie wanted to patch cheese and didn't care that it would glitch up the fight (for the 3rd consecutive time, mind you).

I've been on so many teams where you can hear someone's kid or wife (mine included) or family in the background asking how long until they'll be done. Nobody here is delusional enough to think "just a game" takes any priority over family but it's not right when people know they can beat the fight and know that the next run should definitely be "the run" only to be undercut by the nonsense I've bitched about here a million times. I completely understand why people stick it out because they want the satisfaction of overcoming the "challenge" and I don't think there's anything wrong with caring about that. /rant

I get that. She asks why I feel "obligated to keep playing with those people you don't even know in real life".

It is hard to explain to her that no, I am not doing it out of any obligation, but I am doing for myself, even though I had played through the same content dozens of times before. I like to finish things out for myself primarily (my own loot drops), but also to not be rude to others who are putting in the same time, even though I don't feel there is necessarily an expectation too and most understand if you have to leave early.

It is frustrating that I can't get everything done I want too in one night. On reset, I can usually get through Nightfall/Heroic and maybe one raid, but not all raids and if I am still leveling crap I need the damn mats and xp. I could slow it down, but the game has conditioned you to try and hit every Exotic roll each week and you are missing out if you don't do it.

Oh well, I will probably sneak in a little bit here and there, but the long sessions are on hold for a while.

Namikaze1

I'm imagining this long, huge ass hallway with scaffolds on either side of the hallway. You and your team enter the hallway and it's all quiet. After walking about 4-5 meters, you are being shot at but there's no enemy in sight. You figure out that there are stealth snipers perched on the scaffolds. After killing a certain number of them (every time you kill one, another takes its place
Hail Hydra!
) and moving up a bit, the lights dim and you immediately hear the Vandals' battle cry. You and the team keep walking towards the exit which is closed off by lasers so no running towards the exit. You and your team are immediately assaulted by a battalion of stealth vandals that will have Lightswitch on hard. You're now being attacked by stealth melee and sniper vandals. Your main objective is to reach the panel next to the door and having Ghost disable the laser cause bastard needs to be useful for once in a raid. You can stand by the exit but stealth vandals will spawn on from all sides. Once the last laser is disable, a mini boss battle will take place. From the hallway's exit, a Wolf Walker, shielded shanks, and non-stealth vandals will pop out, forcing you to retreat back. From the hallway's entrance, another Wolf Walker, shielded shanks, and non-stealth vandals will pop out. Once you destroy one, an Archon Priest will come out from the hallway's exit. In normal, he is accompany by non-stealth vandals and dregs. In hard mode, the legion of stealth vandals will not despawn for the fight. In order to beat this part, both Wolf Walkers must be destroyed before killing the Archon Priest as they provide him with a near impenetrable shield.

I call this part Death Row.

Your welcome, Bungie. ;)

GraveRobberX

Nothing feels more awesome than an Axion bolt you threw clears out the camping assholes and 5 seconds later you see Double Down appear on your screen

You're missing out on the
lesbian bear
shotgun class.
Shaba daba daabaa!

Bungie need to fix this shit, that's too long.

I've nearly gone a whole 24 hours without logging into Destiny last time that nearly happened PSN was getting DDOS'd. ^_^

nearly

Awe yes tomorrow is reset raid crew hates me because I get a million exotics that day, I'll provide the tomatoes.
Maybe and I see what you did there
Is it okay to ask here to create a group to run the Nightfall and Weekly? Cause if so, I need to run Nightfall and Weekly still. I am a 31 Warlock :p
Ask away! Might be hard since the reset is in less than 12 hours :p

I could count the amount of times I've seen exotics drop in Crucible since release on both hands. It's definitely not meant to be a regular occurrence.

I watched ol'Gjally drop for a gaffer yesterday and got an NLB (dupe) for myself. I seem to see an awful lot more drops in GAF trains. I saw three drop on the same day once.

I'm imagining this long, huge ass hallway with scaffolds on either side of the hallway. You and your team enter the hallway and it's all quiet. After walking about 4-5 meters, you are being shot at but there's no enemy in sight. You figure out that there are stealth snipers perched on the scaffolds. After killing a certain number of them (every time you kill one, another takes its place
Hail Hydra!
) and moving up a bit, the lights dim and you immediately hear the Vandals' battle cry. You and the team keep walking towards the exit which is closed off by lasers so no running towards the exit. You and your team are immediately assaulted by a battalion of stealth vandals that will have Lightswitch on hard. You're now being attacked by stealth melee and sniper vandals. Your main objective is to reach the panel next to the door and having Ghost disable the laser cause bastard needs to be useful for once in a raid. You can stand by the exit but stealth vandals will spawn on from all sides. Once the last laser is disable, a mini boss battle will take place. From the hallway's exit, a Wolf Walker, shielded shanks, and non-stealth vandals will pop out, forcing you to retreat back. From the hallway's entrance, another Wolf Walker, shielded shanks, and non-stealth vandals will pop out. Once you destroy one, an Archon Priest will come out from the hallway's exit. In normal, he is accompany by non-stealth vandals and dregs. In hard mode, the legion of stealth vandals will not despawn for the fight. In order to beat this part, both Wolf Walkers must be destroyed before killing the Archon Priest as they provide him with a near impenetrable shield.

I call this part Death Row.

Your welcome, Bungie. ;)

Calm down there Satan

Deku Tree

I think I'm going to max out the CE raid Pulse Rifle. Perks sound legit. I hate those hive knight shields and I want to shoot through them.

Top Bottom