• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I'm imagining this long, huge ass hallway with scaffolds on either side of the hallway. You and your team enter the hallway and it's all quiet. After walking about 4-5 meters, you are being shot at but there's no enemy in sight. You figure out that there are stealth snipers perched on the scaffolds. After killing a certain number of them (every time you kill one, another takes its place
Hail Hydra!
) and moving up a bit, the lights dim and you immediately hear the Vandals' battle cry. You and the team keep walking towards the exit which is closed off by lasers so no running towards the exit. You and your team are immediately assaulted by a battalion of stealth vandals that will have Lightswitch on hard. You're now being attacked by stealth melee and sniper vandals. Your main objective is to reach the panel next to the door and having Ghost disable the laser cause bastard needs to be useful for once in a raid. You can stand by the exit but stealth vandals will spawn on from all sides. Once the last laser is disable, a mini boss battle will take place. From the hallway's exit, a Wolf Walker, shielded shanks, and non-stealth vandals will pop out, forcing you to retreat back. From the hallway's entrance, another Wolf Walker, shielded shanks, and non-stealth vandals will pop out. Once you destroy one, an Archon Priest will come out from the hallway's exit. In normal, he is accompany by non-stealth vandals and dregs. In hard mode, the legion of stealth vandals will not despawn for the fight. In order to beat this part, both Wolf Walkers must be destroyed before killing the Archon Priest as they provide him with a near impenetrable shield.

I call this part Death Row.

Your welcome, Bungie. ;)

I like it but the arena increasingly feels like it's going to be a two part raid.
1) Path to arena
2) Arena itself

From the IGN First-Bloodborne footage thread:

Much thanks to Milkham, iRAWR and Firewalker (the Hawkmoon thief) and Mescalito for helping me and my buddy get caught up on our Crota/Atheon kills. You da real MvPs :").

Seriously, none of you needed them, but you helped out. That's why this community is my jam.

Welcome home, Phaethon.

noomi

So I just read an interesting post on reddit and thought I would ask about it here...

Apparently someone has this strategy for Crota hard mode, where the sword runner just stays in the ogre room and hides in between swords...what the hell, can't believe I never thought of this. I always get smashed by boomers after running back to the crystal room, this just seems so much safer.

Any fellow sword runners use this strat as well? I run a blade dancer, curious what you guys do.

Ryck

I want to get my buddy the VOC before the reset so I want to try an Atheon kill if anyone is interested. I have a gatekeeper checkpoint on normal but anyone with a Atheon cp on normal or hard would be very much appreciated.

1. Ryck007
2. Friend

So I just read an interesting post on reddit and thought I would ask about it here...

Apparently someone has this strategy for Crota hard mode, where the sword bearer just stays in the ogre room and hides in between swords...what the hell, can't believe I never thought of this. I always get smashed by boomers after running back to the crystal room, this just seems so much safer.

Any fellas sword runners use this strat as well? I run a blade dancer, curious what you guys do.

It's a strategy that the 2-man Crota crew utilized, though obviously a bit different when using an entire crew.

I want to get my buddy the VOC before the reset so I want to try an Atheon kill if anyone is interested. I have a gatekeeper checkpoint on normal but anyone with a Atheon cp on normal or hard would be very much appreciated.

1. Ryck007
2. Friend

I can join. When are you planning to run? PSN is Kill_Deaf_Radio

Namikaze1

Keep it to yourself then.
So you want to hear it then? :p

I like it but the arena increasingly feels like it's going to be a two part raid.
1) Path to arena
2) Arena itself
It's a 3 parter.

1) The area outside the arena where you fight legions of Fallen while opening the gate to the Arena.
2) Death Row
3) The Arena itself

Basically like Crota's End (cave, bridge, Crota's boss room) and splitting the final room into two phases.

Ji66a-Man

Apparently someone has this strategy for Crota hard mode, where the sword runner just stays in the ogre room and hides in between swords...what the hell, can't believe I never thought of this. I always get smashed by boomers after running back to the crystal room, this just seems so much safer.

Any fellow sword runners use this strat as well? I run a blade dancer, curious what you guys do.

As a bladedancer swordbearer, I always run into one of the ogre rooms after the sword despawns. I jump on one of the coffins/doorways, crouch cloak, then run back to the summoning room for ammo/orbs for my next run.

Anyone doing a nightfall run right now or soon that needs another person?

I need to run it one more time with one of my characters

PSN: mostwantedzero

EDIT: getting a "toad" error right now I might need to re-install...

So you want to hear it then? :p

It's a 3 parter.

1) The area outside the arena where you fight legions of Fallen while opening the gate to the Arena.
2) Death Row
3) The Arena itself

Basically like Crota's End (cave, bridge, Crota's boss room) and splitting the final room into two phases.

:-( I want it to be more like vog, massive and intriguing

Jaeyden

I do this. Just be sure to hide and not let the swordbearer see you. If he does he can agro on to you and will be out of sight of your team mates leaving you to solo him.

destiny-house-of-wolves-dlc-detail-3.jpg

If this pic is anything to go by, The Arena Hard Mode will just be an artificial difficulty bump like Crota's End Hard mode.

Sounds like Horde mode :-/

EL CUCO

keep getting "toad" error.

"Failed to download configuration files from Bungie servers, please try again"
100 times

Nuszka

So i can not log in , get a massage : failed to download configuration files from bungie servers, please try again. blabla This is new. Anyone?

Namikaze1

What the fucking fuck?!

"Failed to download configuration files from Bunge servers"

I tried everything. I closed the app, I full shut off my PS4, I restated my router, and nothing.

I'm gonna have to reinstall the damn game aren't I?

Edit: lol sounds like a lot of us are getting toads

joecanada

Please no ;;

I'm stacked up with all elements now. Bring on any mission with any burn

Void - against all odds lmg
Plug one fusion
Praedyth

Arc - Efrideet's Spear
The calming
Hive lmg
Fatebringer

Burn - Vex m
Trolley problem
Icebreaker
Gjallarhorn
One way tix

rNilla

What the fucking fuck?!

"Failed to download configuration files from Bunge servers"

I tried everything. I closed the app, I full shut off my PS4, I restated my router, and nothing.

I'm gonna have to reinstall the damn game aren't I?

Edit: lol sounds like a lot of us are getting toads

RNGesus status has been revoked.

Top Bottom