• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Ok cool. Let's do this.

Crota's End - Hard Mode Fresh Run

We will start as soon as we have 6. Likely just doing abyss and bridge. Deathsinger on normal later and it's too late for Crota for me.

1. Byron
2. Terrodactyl
3. Kinezo
4. Ditters1
5. LiK

One more and we will begin!

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Fuck this game. Blew through 184 Motes of Light and still no fucking Saint 14 helm. It's a class defining ability stuck on a piece of random ass armor. Fuck!

Hunter is my only character on ps4 and I bought a helmet engram with the intention of salvaging it for the shard so I can max out my current exotic helm. It decrypted into a saint 14, something I've wanted on my Titan that I have on Xbone for ages. Not sure if I can salvage it now.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Hunter is my only character on ps4 and I bought a helmet engram with the intention of salvaging it for the shard so I can max out my current exotic helm. It decrypted into a saint 14, something I've wanted on my Titan that I have on Xbone for ages. Not sure if I can salvage it now.

=(

I've had almost the same frustrations as a number of you along the way. A bunch of us have.

We don't read complaints and dismiss it, we read it and in a bunch of cases are nodding our heads alongside you guys. (Losing Heavy Ammo on death drives me crazy, too).

I don't want to add any "vitriol", but I don't like the feeling that you guys found this game on a far off planet in an alien language and are just learning how to translate it. Some things are just very basic, like Hive Disruptor. You removed it once, how difficult would it be to check the other weapons with it?

Whether you guys get as frustrated as we do when playing, there's really only one group who has any shot of getting it working. I guess I'm trying to say this sort of comment has opposite of intended effect on me.

Totally missed the Luke Smith drop-in. Good to see both fun and clear communication efforts between both devs and their community.

Oh, pro-tip. Don't drink almost a whole pitcher of strawberry banana smoothie after midnight. In fact, don't make an entire pitcher of strawberry banana smoothie after midnight when you don't have your wife present to share it with.

All these posts of people completing the hard mode, and I'm still sitting here with who knows how many hours of trying but failing.

Still love doing it though.

I don't want to add any "vitriol", but I don't like the feeling that you guys found this game on a far off planet in an alien language and are just learning how to translate it. Some things are just very basic, like Hive Disruptor. You removed it once, how difficult would it be to check the other weapons with it?

Whether you guys get as frustrated as we do when playing, there's really only one group who has any shot of getting it working. I guess I'm trying to say this sort of comment has opposite of intended effect on me.

Well, Luke is just a writer over at Bungie as far as I know, so I'm sure at a gameplay front he's in the same shoes as the rest of us. Hence his comments on being just as frustrated.
How can a hunter regen health at Crota?

I'd be interested to know this too without the words SUROS Regime. Rather not relevel that gun until either next Iron Banner or at least after Abyss Defiant is up to par. And yeah, no-go on Hungering Blade. Sound in concept, painful in practice.

Edit: Mask of the Third Man...Exotic or Legendary? Was already planning on hitting the engram lottery with Xur today, so hopefully exotic.
i think there's a flaw in the "wait till people figure out hard crota" plan.

all the gaffers now beat hm crota and I have no one to party with

I'd go for another crack at it tonight if it weren't for the fact it's late/early where I'm at. If the weather is as bad as it was yesterday, I might have all day available.

Those boomers man...sword bearers bane indeed.

We figured that if the sword runner goes undetected from jumping down to pick up the sword right upto Crota, then he's completely ignored by boomers. I did couple of successful runs to test this theory and it worked, though we didn't finish Crota because it was too late. Basically if you're hunter, go invisible right before jumping down to pick up the sword, don't attack anyone until you reach the Crota rock and do the usual routine. The boomers will completely ignore you.

Need more runs to verify this strat though.

Mindlog

We figured that if the sword runner goes undetected from jumping down to pick up the sword right upto Crota, then he's completely ignored by boomers. I did couple of successful runs to test this theory and it worked, though we didn't finish Crota because it was too late. Basically if you're hunter, go invisible right before jumping down to pick up the sword, don't attack anyone until you reach the Crota rock and do the usual routine. The boomers will completely ignore you.

That explains it :]
I have Mask of the Third man to heal. Problem with it is I have so much INT that my super is always ready and I can't heal. Burning it off by using Vanish when grabbing the sword explains why some of my runs were much less hectic than others.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well, Luke is just a writer over at Bungie as far as I know, so I'm sure at a gameplay front he's in the same shoes as the rest of us. Hence his comments on being just as frustrated.

Luke is actually one of the lead designers on the raid team. In my opinion he is a very solid guy and doesn't waste much time with words. If he drops in and shares something I would say its safe to take it to heart.

Losing heavy ammo on deaths sucks. Losing it during a cut scene is ridiculous.

GhaleonEB

So I started up a second character (finally). I was going to go Titan, buy my daughter talked me into going Warlock. After the agility of the Hunter's speed and double jump, the glide feels like I'm hovering through molasses. Blew through to level 7 (almost 8) in a few hard mode missions.

I feel crippled.

Oh, I never had an issue getting to Crota with the sword. It was surviving the first sword round as shots rain down. Even with Black Hammers and Ice Breakers, it seemed like folks have been having trouble staggering when the crits land. Bubbles work, but you need two Titans and they have to have the super energy to do so. Usually not a problem keeping them off, but just some rounds they don't seem to care how many people are laying into them.

Just a lot bad luck I think in between all the glitches (lag related or otherwise, it doesn't make a difference to me) and odd behaviors.
Luke is actually one of the lead designers on the raid team. In my opinion he is a very solid guy and doesn't waste much time with words. If he drops in and shares something I would say its safe to take it to heart.

Losing heavy ammo on deaths sucks. Losing it during a cut scene is ridiculous.

Wow, well TIL. Honestly, I haven't been keeping up on the staff-end of things at Bungie for a while. Kind of cool to go from a journo to a writer to a designer.

So I started up a second character (finally). I was going to go Titan, buy my daughter talked me into going Warlock. After the agility of the Hunter's speed and double jump, the glide feels like I'm hovering through molasses. Blew through to level 7 (almost 8) in a few hard mode missions.

I feel crippled.

That feeling won't go away until you accept the Titan.

I feel crippled.

It's a never ending blackhole you just stepped into. I barely have time to play my Warlock alt, but I now have enough Titan gear to level it up quick and am thinking of having all 3 now. You'll be on your way to having a Titan shortly after House of Wolves at this rate.

I think a lot of the "glitches" we see are a result of lag. They are much more difficult to fix than a true bug in the software. That being said, there are a number of real bugs that have languished for months and no communication that they are being actively worked on is frustrating.
That's my main point in all this. Communication. If they straight up told us "we can't fix the heavy ammo bug, sword disappearing, vault space because of X, Y or Z reason" then I understand it and will cool about all of it. But deej mention it without saying much is an insult imo. But anyways..let's contiune on..
Luke if there are lesbian bears, I will buy 10 copies! Gao gao :3

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
WTF Crota. You're not supposed to be in here.

upload_convert.gif

So is the Deathsinger roll available on hard and normal or not?

This is what the app shows me and I did everything on Normal and everything but Deathsinger on hard

WA54t7.jpg

I feel crippled.
I made a warlock not too long ago and I can't stand the glide. It's probably the least fun class for me on pve

PvP on the other hand...

I don't know how you OG warlock players sleep at night. This shit doesn't even feel fair. I want to apologize to the other team after every game for all the bullshit melee and grenade kills.

Top Bottom