• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I'm still game for more attempts, but don't want to force anything, if another group is running and needs someone I can join, but my bed also sounds nice and there is always tomorrow (more like later today)

Yeah no worries, I always appreciate your responsiveness on the mic. Always nice when I can learn people's voices easily.

I kinda wanna try solo'ing him sometime but otherwise I really really don't want to be playing this game nowadays. I'm happy to help the good folks around here but... it's such a simple encounter I was bored with it before the weekend of normal release. I can barely contain my disdain for the fight at this point.

Langy

So i know the in thing right now is HM Crota but i'm only lvl 31 so don't wanna drag any teams down by not being able to pull my weight. Still need to do raids for this week though.

Does anyone want to start a group for either VoG or CE, or anyone starting fresh and need someone?

I'm on PSN and username is Langoit..

oSoLucky

Yeah no worries, I always appreciate your responsiveness on the mic. Always nice when I can learn people's voices easily.

I kinda wanna try solo'ing him sometime but otherwise I really really don't want to be playing this game nowadays. I'm happy to help the good folks around here but... it's such a simple encounter I was bored with it before the weekend of normal release. I can barely contain my disdain for the fight at this point.

For all its bugs and such, VoG is 20x better designed than CE. 10+ years of raiding in MMOs has made me intolerable toward poorly designed encounters, and it's been pretty hard to stay interested at times.

For all its bugs and such, VoG is 20x better designed than CE. 10+ years of raiding in MMOs has made me intolerable toward poorly designed encounters, and it's been pretty hard to stay interested at times.

Yeah, I remember the discussion at the time of VoG release was how it was cool but also so much simpler and shorter compared to typical MMO/WoW raids. Never played any of them myself but I've talked to enough people and watched enough videos to have some idea how different the standards are.

One of my biggest problems with CE is that this is the second raid... it's supposed to get deeper and more complex imo but it went 100% in the other direction instead. It's so short and small, I miss that sense of adventure from VoG so much.

cilonen

I'm not very sensitive to frame rate issues, rarely notice things unless it's really stuttered. DE:HR on WiiU was awesome I thought, great use of the game pad. Felt like the definitive edition of the game for sure.

Oh yes, the rest of the improvements make it great. One of my favourite games too, just damn if it wasn't a little jarring switching to it for me!

In other news my PS Headset 2.0 (aka Gold) should be here in 15 mins or so, so ai'll have a working mic again.

Yeah, I remember the discussion at the time of VoG release was how it was cool but also so much simpler and shorter compared to typical MMO/WoW raids. Never played any of them myself but I've talked to enough people and watched enough videos to have some idea how different the standards are.

One of my biggest problems with CE is that this is the second raid... it's supposed to get deeper and more complex imo but it went 100% in the other direction instead. It's so short and small, I miss that sense of adventure from VoG so much.

Astroff said this one and I agree if all strikes were as interesting as CE then this would be the best game ever.

oSoLucky

Exactly my point. VoG feels mysterious and epic when you enter it. I remember being giddy the first time I started down at the Oracle room after jumping across the chasms. The fact that Crota's End is built for the lowest common denominator is annoying at best. I cheesed the heck out of the raid(after I did it legit week 1 with 6 30s),and I never felt like pit deserved any more respect than a 6 man Strike. I was really hoping despite all the signs that there would be some really cool uses of Vestiges and varied uses for Swords, but as it stands, it's just something that I run on repeat simply because it has the highest level loot.

We should not log in sometimes ;) that might help due to our similar personalities.

Oh yes, the rest of the improvements make it great. One of my favourite games too, just damn if it wasn't a little jarring switching to it for me!

In other news my PS Headset 2.0 (aka Gold) should be here in 15 mins or so, so ai'll have a working mic again.

Nice, I like my pair a lot. Make sure to download the PSN app for them and the associated Destiny-specific audio mixing.

Astroff said this one and I agree if all strikes were as interesting as CE then this would be the best game ever.

Exactly my point. VoG feels mysterious and epic when you enter it. I remember being giddy the first time I started down at the Oracle room after jumping across the chasms. The fact that Crota's End is built for the lowest common denominator is annoying at best. I cheesed the heck out of the raid(after I did it legit week 1 with 6 30s),and I never felt like pit deserved any more respect than a 6 man Strike. I was really hoping despite all the signs that there would be some really cool uses of Vestiges and varied uses for Swords, but as it stands, it's just something that I run on repeat simply because it has the highest level loot.

Luke's Kotaku quote about VoG:
The raid really is about a couple of things at the core. It's about a sense of discovery, whether it's discovering a new environment or discovering how to tackle the problems that you're about to encounter with your teammates. And when you think about what you want to explain, if you want the player on a journey of discover, well, we didn't want to explain much to them at all. Part of the fun, in fact most of the fun, is figuring it out on your own.

-------------------
I really appreciate when he or any official Bungie person chimes in with this OT, but the grind stuff has never been make or break to me. I'll re-level every exotic for every expansion if I get to use them in VoG-quality raids, but another CE-level raid in HoW would be the end of the road for me. We're the obsessives so we're probably in the minority I guess.

Hahah, I'm dowwwn.

Two man's already been done. It's solo or nothing now. Savage posted he thought it was impossible as a Hunter, Titan or Warlock might be possible.

We should not log in sometimes ;) that might help due to our similar personalities.

haha I just wanted the CP ;_;

Every time I'm out, Gaf pulls me back innnnn! Alpacino.gif.

I'm not very sensitive to frame rate issues, rarely notice things unless it's really stuttered. DE:HR on WiiU was awesome I thought, great use of the game pad. Felt like the definitive edition of the game for sure.

If you, Ortho etc want to run it still I can hop back on. Just seemed like people were falling asleep... Only thing that really matters is for people to call out specifically what they will be doing and then do the same thing each time.

I know most people don't like to blabber as much as me but I get tired of hearing my own voice all the time, haha.

Thanks for the offer. Got a group going now.

Already got Abyss Defiant. Even if Crota doesn't go down tonight, I am happy.

PSN Crota CP HM

1. Raybunzy - Titan 32
2. the_log_ride
3. CamoKid42
4. GhostFaceDon
5. Carboncores
6. Alpha-Perro

Crota has been slain, good job everyone. The two man strat posted earlier didn't work with 6 people so we went with usual middle ledge, downed him on second try.

Pro tip: If you want the shader again don't play with it already equipped.

LiK

Hoping to get my 31 Warlock into Crota HM CP before reset. Hopefully a group will allow me to join later. Going to bed now.

Feorax

I do not mind. I got a good strategy at the bridge and the first part should not be a problem.

Great, my PSN is MattIgoe (with a capital i rather than an L). Just let me know when youre ready.

If it becomes an issue at some point in the raid then I don't mind dropping out.

Raybunny

Great, my PSN is MattIgoe (with a capital i rather than an L). Just let me know when youre ready.

If it becomes an issue at some point in the raid then I don't mind dropping out.

No worries.

PSN Crota's End HM Full run

1. Raybunzy Titan 32
2. MattIgoe

Ikkarus

Already got 2 31, a few more 32 would balance things. Unless I am being too elitist...
It's entirely up to you. I've done the Normal raid countless times so I'm familiar with it all plus I have a fully upgraded Hunger of Crota, but I won't take offence if you want more 32s.

If you do want to add me my PSN is Ikkarus

Raybunny

It's entirely up to you. I've done the Normal raid countless times so I'm familiar with it all plus I have a fully upgraded Hunger of Crota, but I won't take offence if you want more 32s.

If you do want to add me my PSN is Ikkarus

PSN Crota's End HM Full run

1. Raybunzy Titan 32
2. MattIgoe 31
3. raindoc 31/32
4. Ikkarus 31
5. dawnoflife 32

Thanks to Terrodactyl and 2real4tv. Had a few good runs on Crota, but I think lag got the best if us. Swordrunner was getting screwed with instakill when Crota stood up. We'll get it next time.

Happy about getting Abyss Defiant :)

Good lords. I finally did Vault of Glass yesterday for the first time.

I got an Atheon's. Not bad for the first time, I guess.

Should I do more VoGs before jumping into Crota's End?

Gordon

Fuckin Crota. 3+ hours on normal and we didn't even get the kill. You like Ogres? How about Ogres all the time. Forget swords. Leave Crota alone to sprint back and forth like a madman. Let's play the Ogre game. Oh did a sword finally spawn? Well Crota doesn't feel like kneeling. He feels like faking it and then Breaking-Bad-prison-hit-style shanking the shit out of our invisible swordbearer repeatedly.

Oh and every time I'm about to finish a crucible match, I get KTO'd. Just having a spectacular night. Played Destiny for hours and managed to successfully avoid all loot drops and reward screens in sight...

Anybody want to hear about how much fun I'm having levelling up No Land Beyond? roflmao

Top Bottom