• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Looking to take down hard mode crota for the second time in a couple of hours. Took my squad about two and a half hours yesterday while encountering several glitches. We have a solid strat. Kicking off at 1pm so please quote and comment for roster addition. Please be level 32.

1.]the7thAssassin 32 hunter gjallorhorn
2.]SoulClap 32 Titan gjallorhorn

3.]JustGotWicked 32 hunter

4.] Kydd-BlaZe 32 hunter gjallorhorn

5.] toastyToast 32 Titan

6.]

Good luck guys. Somebody stream it (SoulClap?) so I can be there in spirit.

I'll be Bill Belichick and JustGotWicked is my Tom Brady :p. We don't know who deflated that Oversoul!

I shoot the Swordbearer through the rocks with ldr

lol...does it do enough damage to kill him back there, or does it just aggro him enough to get him out in the open?

As much as I poo pooed on the Black Hammer in the beginning, I don't think I could raid without it. I would have preferred it to have field scout and outlaw, instead of white nail, but it just does too good of a job staggering the knights.

E92 M3

When it comes to VOG vs CE, they are two different experiences for me and I love them equally. CE is nonstop action and over relatively quick. VOG is an adventure with decent pacing. I like playing them both and hope Bungie doesn't only focus on one or the other. House of Starks raid should be interesting.

lol...does it do enough damage to kill him back there, or does it just aggro him enough to get him out in the open?

As much as I poo pooed on the Black Hammer in the beginning, I don't think I could raid without it. I would have preferred it to have field scout and outlaw, instead of white nail, but it just does too good of a job staggering the knights.

I was a huge Black Hammer fanboy before even getting it and I love it more every day. Stopped using fusion rifles practically. Black Hammer has done so much for my enjoyment with the game. White Nail is essentially infinite ammo if done right and with the impact, it hits like a truck.

Crota bullshit lag/glitch insta-killed me when he was supposed to be doing his enrage animation... killed Team First Try Take 2 at the very last second. F this fight fo real.

CE HM is literally killing my desire to play this game at all. The moment it released my group from the100 and I got to Crota with 2 or 3 wipes in reasonable time, and since then I've been banging my head against a wall trying to beat Crota. Spent maybe 8-10 hours and still no clear. I'm 32 Warlock w/ Gjallahorn so very rarely am I sword bearer and the DPS in getting Crota down is fine, so it's getting incredibly frustrating. This is probably whats going to finally push me over the edge into not caring about Destiny anymore.

If anyone wants to help out, I'd love to try running a Crota CP HM tonight with some folks who knew what they were doing.

Atkison04

Good luck guys. Somebody stream it (SoulClap?) so I can be there in spirit.

I'll be Bill Belichick and JustGotWicked is my Tom Brady :p. We don't know who deflated that Oversoul!

Haha thanks bro! Hopefully JustGotWicked can run sword master in the footsteps of the recently retired Phaethon! SoulClap is good with the sword too though. I'll just be perched on my ledge with my ghorn.

KeRaSh

Managed to solo the bridge on hard for the second time this morning. Felt good after failing a dozen times yesterday.
Patience & Time did the trick. Going invisible and then sneaking out of cover to get a shot at the Ogres is as safe as it gets.

My brither and I both got the assault rifle so I won't bother with this again for now.

Maxed it and I really like it. :)

CE HM is literally killing my desire to play this game at all. The moment it released my group from the100 and I got to Crota with 2 or 3 wipes in reasonable time, and since then I've been banging my head against a wall trying to beat Crota. Spent maybe 8-10 hours and still no clear. I'm 32 Warlock w/ Gjallahorn so very rarely am I sword bearer and the DPS in getting Crota down is fine, so it's getting incredibly frustrating. This is probably whats going to finally push me over the edge into not caring about Destiny anymore.

i got in one crota kill in a great destinyLFG pug and have decided to just pretend HM crota doesn't exist anymore until they fix all the infuriating bugs. Its just a total crapshoot of whether you can get one run in without all the bugs that demotivate your team, plus the whole "ok everyone hide on this stupid ledge while the swordbearer is doing 90% of the work" playstyle required is too cheesy and unfun. Spending 1-3 hours per kill is going to feel dumb when its a 5 minute easy kill in a few weeks after they fix/nerf the fight.

Plus none of his drops really are useful in any way. There's nothing extra to kill with them, you have cleared crota so its not like you needed them. The next DLC is all fallen enemies. I wish they had instead put in a path between DLCs, so for example the crota weapons did extra damage to FALLEN, not hive.

E92 M3

You guys remember when Bungie talked about class rebalancing? Whatever happened to that I wonder...Golden Gun and Blade Dancer need some work for the PVE side. An easy choice would be to make GG stronger and be able to do crit damage.

i got in one crota kill in a great destinyLFG pug and have decided to just pretend HM crota doesn't exist anymore until they fix all the infuriating bugs. Its just a total crapshoot of whether you can get one run in without all the bugs that demotivate your team, plus the whole "ok everyone hide on this stupid ledge while the swordbearer is doing 90% of the work" playstyle required is too cheesy and unfun. Spending 1-3 hours per kill is going to feel dumb when its a 5 minute easy kill in a few weeks after they fix/nerf the fight.

Plus none of his drops really are useful in any way. There's nothing extra to kill with them, you have cleared crota so its not like you needed them. The next DLC is all fallen enemies. I wish they had instead put in a path between DLCs, so for example the crota weapons did extra damage to FALLEN, not hive.

Just yesterday, Luke Smith (lead raid designer), promised us that Bungie won't invalidate our previous efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC upgraded our armor in someway to help with the Fallen raid.

gdt

Need to do 1 Crota kill, 2 fresh HMs, and 2 weeklys. Gonna start banging them out soon. Starting with the raids.

Thank you very fucking much Boguester. Got the helmet for 32!

epic-sax-man-o.gif

Team Epic Suck + Boguester = Team First Try

Boguester is now #TeamSax!

thanks boguester we went from 12 hours to like.. 8 minutes
Lol Just woke up, I was hoping a little you guys would still be trying to kill crota :p

You're here forever.
Lies!!

Holy fuck lag please. Just "killed" the sword bearer three consecutive times. Instead of dying he stood there taking rocket after rocket, losing all health then gaining it all back.

The Cheese Strikes Back.

Are you doing any Crota kills atm? My Warlock needs a chance.

Sure I can do a few more, as long as people are ready to roll it only takes 20-30 minutes max when accounting for the usual lag/glitch probabilities.

Edit: 3 yellow-to-red bars ;_;

You're not expected to get all the drops in one run. Having weapons that deal more damage to Hive makes the runs easier. Idk makes sense to me.

LiK

Holy fuck lag please. Just "killed" the sword bearer three consecutive times. Instead of dying he stood there taking rocket after rocket, losing all health then gaining it all back.

The Cheese Strikes Back.

Sure I can do a few more, as long as people are ready to roll it only takes 20-30 minutes max when accounting for the usual lag/glitch probabilities.

You replied a second time with a similar answer. Drizzay has gone insane!

LiK

I need a second kill with my titan, may be able to jump on in a few, still looking for a team? Made the kill once already so I know what's up.

I was hoping Drizzay would start one. My Warlock is 31 so I'll be support instead of leading a group. Lemme know, Drizzay!

Top Bottom