• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

ocean

Banned
Oh wow someone messed me up with Oversoul Edict in Crucible. Is it feasible to try to get that solo? I used to solo the lamps when you could explode them but haven't tried the new method. Still level 31.
Doable I suppose but Ogres are gonna give you a hard time. Get (really) good.

milkham

Oh wow someone messed me up with Oversoul Edict in Crucible. Is it feasible to try to get that solo? I used to solo the lamps when you could explode them but haven't tried the new method. Still level 31.

i've soloed the lamps twice since hard mode came out, using titan + mida multi-tool to make the jump, then jumping on the good old rock, instead of fighting the ogre, i wait for it to get close enough to shoot, pop a bubble before i die and wait for it. the bubble should go down around the time the path forward is clear and then you can run.

SkylineRKR

Its not hard but you need to get a bit lucky with the Ogre. I solo'd it yesterday for a friend again on my Hunter with Don't Touch Me.

The Ogre needs to be downed by some 4 or 5 Gjallarhorn shots. The key is to fire at him as soon as you see his name popping up.

Messiek

What...

Imo elements aside... Fatebringer >> Word of Crota >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atheon's Epilogue

Elements included... Word of Crota >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atheon's Epilogue

Atheon's is so useless the Vex was better on Minotaurs even with Void Burn enabled...

oh, I didn't use one hundred of these > just to keep my post simple .
Fatebringer is way better than the Word , but idk if the Atheon's is this bad. It's just a matter if you are a AR or HC guy, both void weapons are mediocre.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey guys, I have a second phase bridge hard mode check point, everyone I've tried with can't beat it and I atleast want to beat this phase. Anyone willing to help me? Level 31 Titan here. My native language is spanish so I'll try to communicate with my crappy english.

I'll help you out.

Frostburn

No one wants to tske an experienced 31 sigh....

And that's what sucks about the "smart loot" system and the way gear determines lvl not power. You can be amazing and clear the raid every week and not get the drop that will get you to 32 still. I'm in that boat on my "main" meanwhile my Titan and Hunter are now both 32 due to better luck with RNG.

spyder_ur

You received an invitation.

Hmm... tempting, but no thanks.

Go for it...sounds like a good fella.

Feeling like I missed the boat on the hard raids...still haven't set foot in it yet. Are most groups able to clear it at this point?

Any groups going out? If not, might try to organize one for tonight.

Sullichin

i've soloed the lamps twice since hard mode came out, using titan + mida multi-tool to make the jump, then jumping on the good old rock, instead of fighting the ogre, i wait for it to get close enough to shoot, pop a bubble before i die and wait for it. the bubble should go down around the time the path forward is clear and then you can run.

Its not hard but you need to get a bit lucky with the Ogre. I solo'd it yesterday for a friend again on my Hunter with Don't Touch Me.

The Ogre needs to be downed by some 4 or 5 Gjallarhorn shots. The key is to fire at him as soon as you see his name popping up.

Doable I suppose but Ogres are gonna give you a hard time. Get (really) good.

Thanks. Sounds quite a bit harder now that the Ogre is an actual threat. No Gjallarhorn either.

Definity

Anyone by chance just need the CE bridge on hard? Only section I need to go back and finish. If not, I could join a fresh run but not sure how much time I have.

Rest mode won't restart network functionality because it downloads patches and such while in rest mode. So if you ever have connection issues you have to go with a full shut down

Thanks for this info btw, meant to respond earlier but Crota was due for another shellacking at the time.

We had to have excess defender bubbles to do that, trying to cram six people onto that left ledge always led to Crota shooting at someone

edit: ^ Yes, you can. Edict is janky though, it has no meaningful pvp mods on it, there are other better pulse rifles out there for pvp (whether pulse is worth using over HCs at all I leave as an exercise for the reader, etc)

Can't be all six. Since the sword guy is already running aroundrout there, you have him go inside and aggro crota through the window. He'll leave everyone else alone

I wish I wasn't at work right now. I've done so many fresh hard raids just to get in a group to get to Crota and kill him with my Hunter, and it just hasn't happened. Wouldn't mind dragging my 31 Warlock through either.

Also, status update on loot. 3 HM abyss, 3 HM bridge, 2 deathsingers...rad mats and Dragon's Breath - again. No Auto Rifle damnit.

Can't complaint too much since I got the Hunter helm when I gave up on hard and just did normal with him.

Hey driz, ate you still diong crota?

Id like it on my 31 lock I'd that's not a problem

Probably won't be be on until later this evening but depends on what is going on with the chimichanga. Down to help groups again later, Lv31s are fine.

Steroyd

It's very doable with lvl31. Done it with 2 lvl31s before the only one they matters is the swordbearer.

So it's not that much of a disadvantage then?

It takes about 7-8 headshots with a fully maxed black hammer at level 32 to take down just 1 hallowed knight, I can only think how much of a nightmare that would be for a level 31.

Probably won't be be on until later this evening but depends on what is going on with the chimichanga. Down to help groups again later, Lv31s are fine.

If there's any spots available I'd love to get in on a run. Haven't downed HM Crota yet. Have a Level 32 Lock and Titan.

Langy

2 needed for a fresh VoG or CE normal run..

1. Langoit
2. threebeta
3. Squidhands
4. Magik

I'm ready to get started whenever guys!

So it's not that much of a disadvantage then?

It takes about 7-8 headshots with a fully maxed black hammer at level 32 to take down just 1 hallowed knight, I can only think how much of a nightmare that would be for a level 31.
Well with the strat we use, we don't really need to kill both, just constant headshots to keep them Agro on the snipers, which they are unable to hit. The only real disadvantage is being so squishy :p

milkham

you're the single worst rage quitter ever

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE

xgL4eSV.gif

Hung Wei Lo

2 needed for a fresh VoG or CE normal run..

1. Langoit
2. threebeta
3. Squidhands
4. Magik

I'm ready to get started whenever guys!

I'd like a CE normal run. Since I did HM on my other toons, no real shot at getting the sniper psn is kinezo

What...

Imo elements aside... Fatebringer >> Word of Crota >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atheon's Epilogue

Elements included... Word of Crota >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Atheon's Epilogue

Atheon's is so useless the Vex was better on Minotaurs even with Void Burn enabled...

I'm probably one of the few who remember this brief time period, but AE had its moment in the sun. Before the entire AR class was nerfed into the dirt, before people really knew wtf elemental shields were or had other options, it was a go-to primary for normal VoG.

It didn't last long and holy cow it sucks now, but I remember your halcyon days AE. I remember.

I think he ran away. I'm up for doing the bridge section with whoever. Just need that with my Hunter to finish this week off.

I have a bridge CP on HM and just need to do that and Deathsinger. Let me know if you need the CP or want to get a group to do it.

jadedm17

It's very satisfying watching a team run defender titans in control so you save your nova bomb with vortex (dot) to get a triple kill next time they throw a shield on 'B'. I have to say the multiplayer has really grown on me.

cilonen

I tried this evening to just solo them normal (does armor even drop at the end of this?) and it's one of those difficulty spike things where I can't even fathom how you stop being swarmed by thralls at the first lamp.

I need to watch some videos.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looks like we have four.

I'm up for Deathsinger phase too.

I can be the hunter to go across and hide and whoever is a warlock can self rez and snipe from the other side or Titans can go up to the tower and snipe from there.

Top Bottom