• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Alucrid

Banned
Bungie should buff the Word of Crota - it's a very underwhelming HC. The impact should at LEAST be the same as the Fatebringer. Don't know how such a mediocre weapon made it to be a hard Crota drop.

i feel like most of the hard weapon drops are pretty mediocre

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Already lost me. I won't come back because of this. I've been told my raid gear is useless and that's just stupid.

How you guys ever thought this balance was good is beyond me. It should have got better with the DLC, not worse.

GhaleonEB

Just about everyone hates pulse rifles. The whole class needs a buff.

Okay, it's not just me. :lol

I'm going back to scouts. It's kind of a BR to DMR comparison in Halo. In a PvE context at least, the former had no advantages against the latter. If they packed more punch at a penalty to range and accuracy - kind of a middle ground between auto rifles and scouts - then I could see them working. But yea, right now, they feel disposable.

Steroyd

OMG what!?

I play Firebase Delphi, people threw themselves on point A throughout the entire match so I defend it like crazy, team wins, get a salty message saying that I'm a camper.

The game mode is called C O N T R O L. There's a defensive element to it, I don't even...

Zok310

Banned
No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

Finally... between the commendation marks and all the shards the game now have in place getting rid of some of that requirement is a nod in the right direction. I have so many commendation points and i have nothing to spend them on, literally a waste of space.

Would be cool if we had a vendor in place where we can trade in useless economy items for glimmer or gear.

Daemul

I'm taking my newly created warlock through the story missions to level her, and I'm trying to dabble with different weapons to mix up my PvE play style a bit. My hunter tends to use scout rifles, sniper rifles and rocket launchers almost exclusively.

So far I'm using a mix of pulse rifles, fusion and sniper rifles, and machine guns in addition to rockets. I'm trying to understand the appeal of pulse rifles. From what I can tell, they have a bit less range than scouts, and thanks to the burst fire, seem a bit harder to land precision damage with. Against those cons, I can't find any advantages. Are there any? I prefer mid to long range combat, and am having a hard time figuring out where pulse rifles fit into the sandbox. They seem like a poor man's scout rifle.

Which Pulse Rifles are you using?

Karl2177

I'm taking my newly created warlock through the story missions to level her, and I'm trying to dabble with different weapons to mix up my PvE play style a bit. My hunter tends to use scout rifles, sniper rifles and rocket launchers almost exclusively.

So far I'm using a mix of pulse rifles, fusion and sniper rifles, and machine guns in addition to rockets. I'm trying to understand the appeal of pulse rifles. From what I can tell, they have a bit less range than scouts, and thanks to the burst fire, seem a bit harder to land precision damage with. Against those cons, I can't find any advantages. Are there any? I prefer mid to long range combat, and am having a hard time figuring out where pulse rifles fit into the sandbox. They seem like a poor man's scout rifle.

They aren't that good. I'm fairly certain that the next balancing update will have a buff to them though. If you find one that you think is cool, I'd hang onto it until the level is obsolete.

Down to help groups again later, Lv31s are fine.

I ran through VoG again today, connection was fine till gatekeepers, then suddenly everything started lagging. Going back to orbit fixed the issue.

Fireteam had 2 from East coast, 2 from UK, 1 from middle east and 1 from AU.

There's definitely nothing wrong with my connection, it's just Destiny servers crapping out.

Finally... between the commendation marks and all the shards the game now have in place getting rid of some of that requirement is a nod in the right direction. I have so many commendation points and i have nothing to spend them on, literally a waste of space.

Would be cool if we had a vendor in place where we can trade in useless economy items for glimmer or gear.

From my PoV, commendations were hands down the most stupidist idea so far. I can only assume they were to slow us down when it came to acquiring new gear and weapons. For me, what it did was make me skip the new gear altogether, and just wait to roll a good weapon. I'm going to get raid gear and nightfall loot anyway, why bother with vendor stuffs.

A whole ton of "content" that I couldn't buy when it may have been new and exiting, and by the time I could, I no longer had a use for.

Also, class mats are still an ongoing problem for me. I have a bunch of fun stuff that I want to level and try out, but I don't have the class mats to do so. I'm always hovering around 50 or so on both of my alts. Enough for a whopping two upgrade bubbles on one piece of gear.

Sullichin

From my PoV, commendations were hands down the most stupidist idea so far. I can only assume they were to slow us down when it came to acquiring new gear and weapons. For me, what it did was make me skip the new gear altogether, and just wait to roll a good weapon. I'm going to get raid gear and nightfall loot anyway, why bother with vendor stuffs.

A whole ton of "content" that I couldn't buy when it may have been new and exiting, and by the time I could, I no longer had a use for.

Also, class mats are still an ongoing problem for me. I have a bunch of fun stuff that I want to level and try out, but I don't have the class mats to do so. I'm always hovering around 50 or so on both of my alts. Enough for a whopping two upgrade bubbles on one piece of gear.
Commendations were a little annoying at first, but now I have more than I can possibly use because of the marks limit. There's also nothing I want to buy. It would be amazing if you could use them to reroll your weapons.

Jaleel

What's the verdict on the auto rifle (abyss defiant) from hard mode?

Most wanted wep from HM Crota and it delivers. Fast 26 damage headshots in crucible with FF, disorients wizards ( Omnigul included ) and more damage to hive majors. Fucking beast wep IMHO.

Definity

Most wanted wep from HM Crota and it delivers. Fast 26 damage headshots in crucible with FF, disorients wizards ( Omnigul included ) and more damage to hive majors. Fucking beast wep IMHO.

Ahh cool, does that disorient perk proc very often?

The game won't give it to me, so I'm assuming it's pretty good.

ha! I feel the same way about black hammer. Game just will not give it to me.

What does the "disorient hive wizards" perk in the raid AR do exactly?
I think it works like a titan flash bang?

Also what the fuck is up with RNG?

100 sword of crota kills with hunter = no husk of the pit.

2nd kill with titan dropped husk.

My titan always gets raid armor faster than 2 x hunters, more legendary engrams and way more blue engrams from mobs than hunter.

i can confirm wearing a glowhoo and killing crota does NOT guarantee drop a crux, i had it on my 2nd warlock and we downed him and no crux. one guy had eidolon as his primary and was wearing glowhoo, another was using the white husk as his primary.

3 crota HM kills and i got 3 fang of ir yuts, oh well better than shards i guess :( still no helms seen.

That would be a neat excuse to go back even after getting your drops for the week.

Yes exactly. I did the HM 3 times for myself but then helped people numerous times. Me pull also be a nice way to stop constant cheese like if one bounty was to get all Fireteam members across the bridge.

Yeah not even ruin wings is reliable enough to ofset the glitch, Bungie it's long overdue!

Ruin wings and ensuring you change yor boots to a pair without the heavy ammo perk before the spawn countdown ends helps a lot for the Crota boss fight.

There is another method to spawn ammo as well but it isn't as simple.

Jinjo

this fucking guy

deej10dpj.png

Deej effortlessly destroying Bungie's goodwill comment by comment. Here's a protip: if you don't have anything meaningful to say keep your mouth shut. Especially don't try to be smug about it. Figured he would have learned from the "player reaction is wrong"-incident. Urk gets it, why not this guy?

Top Bottom