• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

GhaleonEB

Which Pulse Rifles are you using?

I'm level 16 now, just been cycling through them rapidly as I level up. I got a scout that was ~40 damage higher than my current pulse, so I switched to it and was much more effective with it (not just due to the damage). Pulses seem to have more shallow clip as well (fewer bursts vs. full shots). I had a scout on my hunter that had a 27 round clip. I basically never stopped firing. :lol

Jinjo

Kotaku

"Late last night on NeoGAF—which itself is rather odd; why on a message board instead of in Bungie's weekly update?—designer Luke Smith made some comments that will undoubtedly cheer up Destiny addicts who are worried about what the future might bring."

Kotaku is jealous that we got the scoops.

Lol, dat kotaku salt. There's a reason the saying goes GAF -> Internet -> GAF.

Bogeypop

Drassill and EroticSushi, thanks for the Roc train :)

Is cfc-Ryan a gaffer too?

Don't think so. Think it was a random that took Sushi's spot when he left.

What was your haul, Roc-eteers? Got 2 Legendary Engrams, but they weren't weapons, and a Vanguard Package with another Legendary Engram. One of them turned to Ass Shards, and the rest was useless Legendary gear.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Why does it cost 1000 glimmer or 5 black wax idols to buy a heavy ammo pack? That's insanely expensive. Make it 500 glimmer or something.

Deku Tree

I'm level 16 now, just been cycling through them rapidly as I level up. I got a scout that was ~40 damage higher than my current pulse, so I switched to it and was much more effective with it (not just due to the damage). Pulses seem to have more shallow clip as well (fewer bursts vs. full shots). I had a scout on my hunter that had a 27 round clip. I basically never stopped firing. :lol

If you saved it from your other characters play through. Level 16 is a good time to start using "the strangers rifle". It's a pretty OP weapon for levels 16-20. One of the few good pulse rifles in the game. TheOddOne told me he often mains the strangers rifle in PvP.

SkylineRKR

Abyss Defiant is pretty good. With Focused Fire its about as fast as Shadow Price and the like, its not as slow as Suros. The impact is Shingen class, so its not completely gimped.

The Lich perk does work after their shield is down. Wizards will stun for a bit. I tried it on the Nightfall wizard, took long to take its shield down but after that I could just fire in the open.

And its Solar ofcourse. Something different than Vex and VoC.

Think my questions yesterday got lost in all the hard mode Crota talk :( so a shameless bump is in order :p

1. Any point running normal mode VoG after hard mode? ie any normal mode specific loot I could miss by only doing hard?
2. If you join a group who's already at Atheon, do you still get loot or do you have to have been through the other checkpoints? (In the same run or at some other point in the week)

Cheers guys!

cilonen

Don't think so. Think it was a random that took Sushi's spot when he left.

What was your haul, Roc-eteers? Got 2 Legendary Engrams, but they weren't weapons, and a Vanguard Package with another Legendary Engram. One of them turned to Ass Shards, and the rest was useless Legendary gear.

Similar, three legendaries; one boots which I'll use on my baby warlock, one helmet which turned in to shards, and one do gooder V auto rifle, which I dismantled as it wasn't any better than Up for Anything. Loads of blues too.

Really enjoyed running the train, oh and fuck Omnigul :)

Deej effortlessly destroying Bungie's goodwill comment by comment. Here's a protip: if you don't have anything meaningful to say keep your mouth shut. Especially don't try to be smug about it. Figured he would have learned from the "player reaction is wrong"-incident. Urk gets it, why not this guy?

I have a feeling that Urk has the authority to say more than DeeJ.

Deku Tree

Think my questions yesterday got lost in all the hard mode Crota talk :( so a shameless bump is in order :p

1. Any point running normal mode VoG after hard mode? ie any normal mode specific loot I could miss by only doing hard?
2. If you join a group who's already at Atheon, do you still get loot or do you have to have been through the other checkpoints? (In the same run or at some other point in the week)

Cheers guys!

1. Doing hard gives you two drops. So doing normal afterwards gives you no drops at all.
2. Yes you would get the Atheon drop. But you would need to do the other sections to get their drops.

Stubo

Cheers guys!
1. Nope, you get your normal mode loot roll on hard, but it gives you 2 chances at the complete pool of loot available for that boss, so you get 2 rolls on hard exclusives too.
2. You will get loot and you can then go back through and get things from the prior bosses later on.

Edit: Beaten.

E92 M3

Deej effortlessly destroying Bungie's goodwill comment by comment. Here's a protip: if you don't have anything meaningful to say keep your mouth shut. Especially don't try to be smug about it. Figured he would have learned from the "player reaction is wrong"-incident. Urk gets it, why not this guy?

Deej isn't a bad guy, but for some reason he has trouble syncing with community's desire of communication. Last night, Luke wrote a concise post that dispelled a lot of fear. I was relieved to read he admitted it was a mistake - because it was.

NO CE raid auto rifle. Glad someone got to get to 32 from that Shrieker chest.

I got so many shards this week now that I'm 32 when all I need are energy now haha.

They're not wrong though. The weekly update has no useful information 8 times out of 10. That's the type of info you put in there.

I disagree. I think his opening line is why it isn't something that should be shared in the update.

Luke Smith said:
Nothing specific to announce at this time, but...

I may be the only one, but the update should be just what it is...facts and announcements. Something like insider perspective is best left somewhere where the people are invested and want to talk about office politics. No need to communicate that stuff to every person that drops by Bungie's website.

Jinjo

I have a feeling that Urk has the authority to say more than DeeJ.

Probably, but you don't compensate for that by being cheeky about legit complaints.

Deej isn't a bad guy, but for some reason he has trouble syncing with community's desire of communication. Last night, Luke wrote a concise post that dispelled a lot of fear. I was relieved to read he admitted it was a mistake - because it was.

Offcourse he is not a bad guy, but indeed he definitely has trouble judging on how to engage the community. It's frustrating enough this game still has certain glitches that have been there since release. You don't joke about those, especially because there has been quite the few backlashes from the community already. He apologised for the whole exotic upgrade debacle but that doesn't change the fact his outburst intensified the backlash.

raindoc

What did Luke say?

No it won't.

Nothing specific to announce at this time, but the mistakes we made with the DLC1 reward economy will not be repeated:

Mistakes like:
  • Vendor gear invalidating the effort of VOG Raiders
  • Upgrading an Exotic reseting its talents

Our philosophy about rewards/loot continue to evolve as we see how players play and react.

We will continue to improve acquisition stories and frequency (My understanding of the perception is that Crota's End drop rates are much improved vs. Vault of Glass: footnote below), lessen the grind and get players to the fun parts of their arsenal faster.

On CE drop rates vs. VOG:
The Forever 29 meme was a killer for us.

We sat down and talked about the rewards for VoG and the rates vs. CE and ended up with the following:
  • increase drop rates globally in CE: we wanted dedicated players to be around 32 or real close by the time Hard mode came out.
  • increase the variability of perks that a given piece can roll.
    the goal here: players would reach 32 easier than 30, but would have more customization and options to build the perfect set (in terms of stats, perks, weapon affinities)
The part where this didn't work as well as we'd hoped is with the Shard economy. Shards are a are a barrier between you and equipping a sweet new piece of gear.

We want fewer barriers to equipping upgrades. The shard economies erect these barriers between players and the new piece of gear they just got.

We're not intending to adjust the shard economy for this Tier -- we don't want to invalidate player effort (again). But removing the barrier between that new drop you're excited to get and actually being able to equip it as a member of your arsenal are something we will do going forward.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=148984121

Daemul

Ah, so you're using the uncommon/rare ones, yeah, those are garbage, along with many others. The top tier pulse rifles(i.e. high impact legendary ones, not garbage like Bad Juju), will generally outperform scout rifles, since they have a higher RoF and fire in 3 bursts, with each bullet in that burst doing the exact same damage, which will allow you to deal more combined damage over time.

They also have high range and stability, making it very easy to get accurate precision shots, from a long way away, so if you're a half decent player, you should have no problems beating auto rifle, handcannon and scout rifle users in the Crucible with them. Again, this is the high impact pulse rifles I'm talkng about, don't go into the Crucible with the Oversoul Edict and expect to be able to take people out at a distance before they close the gap on you, especially in Iron Banner.

Scout rifles fire way too slow for my liking, even with auto fire, and it's made worse by the fact they only fire one bullet at a time. I will have emptied two-three clips of Three Little Words by the time someone would finish firing all 27 shots of a scout rifle.

Rehsa

NO CE raid auto rifle. Glad someone got to get to 32 from that Shrieker chest.

I got so many shards this week now that I'm 32 when all I need are energy now haha.

That was me, also got a pure INT gauntlets. Right now my gauntlets are INT DIS, boots INT STR. Using Lucky Raspberry as my chest, but could level that and my INT DIS boots and use Alpha Lupi since that is pure STR which would give me about 60% each stat

Bit weird that the gun's borders aren't coloured yellow even though it's fully levelled.

My gamer OCD is not pleased.

My german is not that great but does he say anything about having to do something special for the crux of crota?

you have to be german

gun looks crap.. lol.. 68 precision hit damage on knights

curse bringer sounds kinda cool i guess

Anyone want to help me get my friend who is a 27 through the nightfall? Ps4 Ditters1
Yeah I'll help. Give me a moment to turn on the ps4. No mic tho. Just got home from work and my throat hurts. :(

Edit: I'm sorry I forgot I cant. We have our internet off for the time being. Renovating basement. SORRY! *facepalm*

raindoc

Bit weird that the gun's borders aren't coloured yellow even though it's fully levelled.

My gamer OCD is not pleased.

My german is not that great but does he say anything about having to do something special for the crux of crota?

nothing mentioned.

Gordon

Does Transfusion (for Storm Fist) work for restoring health in CE Hard? I have a Skullfort, but if the Transfusion is useless I think I'd prefer to hunt/hope for a legendary alternative.

Top Bottom