• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Jinjo

It's like the Vex basically. #forevernovex

Even the Vex wasn't this rare. It's kinda messed up that getting the Husk of the Pit is already fucking rare. Add to that the rarity of the Crux and this will definitely be only for the select few people.

For that rarity you'd expect the gun to be pre-nerf Vex level good but it looks like absolute shit.

XxCGSxX

I need to do the gatekeeper bridge phase on hard to get all of this weeks loot, if someone's got a checkpoint for it and wants to help me do it I will appreciate it.

SGA: Low impact weapons suck.

Anyone GK Glimmer farming or putting it in Crota's End Hard?

Looks like your post is surrounded by people looking to put in C's E but I have the GK Glimmer CP if we want to get a team for it.

Also, any other interest in a HM VoG run tonight? I saw at least 1 response so far...

Deku Tree

Hopefully the Crux becomes less rare over time.

But so rare except that player and team-mate both got it? What did they do that we didn't?

Hopefully the raid exclusive exotics are upgradable in terms of attack value eventually. Takes too long to get them and then once you do get them there is a level cap increase and their total attack value could be sub-par.

raindoc

Even the Vex wasn't this rare. It's kinda messed up that getting the Husk of the Pit is already fucking rare. Add to that the rarity of the Crux and this will definitely be only for the select few people.

For that rarity you'd expect the gun to be pre-nerf Vex level good but it looks like absolute shit.

What I like about the Necrochasm is how it starts as a low tier weapon and transforms into an exotic. It's a weapon-turned-quest, something I'd like to see more often - without the double RNG elements.

E92 M3

Necro should have same impact as Shadow Price or at least like the Abyss Defiant. Secondly, I think its rarity is a glitch. Right now, it's practically nonexistent for 99.99% of players doing hard. The Vex was normally dropped for at least 1 person in the group.

Jinjo

The stat spread should give that away tbh

Yeah we all knew it would be no vex, but I guess most of us did not expect the Crux to be the rarest of the ultra rarest items in the game with the whole upgrade path necessary.

I mean counting all alts how many clears has GAF collectively gotten? That's 6 persons per clear too. That number easily goes into the thousands. Not even Nami can beat that RNG.

What I like about the Necrochasm is how it starts as a low tier weapon and transforms into an exotic. It's a weapon-turned-quest, something I'd like to see more often - without the double RNG elements.
If only it was good. But I agree, love evolution idea for the weapon.

Hzoltan69

SGA: Low impact weapons suck.

Looks like your post is surrounded by people looking to put in C's E but I have the GK Glimmer CP if we want to get a team for it.

Also, any other interest in a HM VoG run tonight? I saw at least 1 response so far...

I'd be down for some gatekeeper farming.

Deku Tree

Necro should have same impact as Shadow Price or at least like the Abyss Defiant. Secondly, I think its rarity is a glitch. Right now, it's practically nonexistent for 99.99% of players doing hard. The Vex was normally dropped for at least 1 person in the group.

Some coder accidentally put a few extra zeros in the denominator of the drop probability Lolz.

Hopefully the Crux becomes less rare over time.

But so rare except that player and team-mate both got it? What did they do that we didn't?

Hopefully the raid exclusive exotics are upgradable in terms of attack value eventually. Takes too long to get them and then once you do get them there is a level cap increase and their total attack value could be sub-par.

We've heard that the shader doesn't drop on your first clear if you have it equipped from a different character. Maybe they were running alts, and had the shader on from their mains. Would make sense if the crux and shader can't drop at the same time?

Deku Tree

We've heard that the shader doesn't drop on your first clear if you have it equipped from a different character. Maybe they were running alts, and had the shader on from their mains. Would make sense if the crux and shader can't drop at the same time?

There was some comment that it was that players second crota kill with that char going around or something. I don't see how that's possible.

And made the restriction of it only dropping in Germany lol.
airplane-departing.jpeg

z3phon

Probably a stupid question but can someone please tell me how I can go about getting a weapon that is decent enough for the raid?
I'm going to be lvl 31 soon but I still don't have any decent weapons, do I just keep playing the vanguard roc playlist to get a better weapon or should I be doing something else. Any direction from you guys would be appreciated.

coy

Probably a stupid question but can someone please tell me how I can go about getting a weapon that is decent enough for the raid?
I'm going to be lvl 31 soon but I still don't have any decent weapons, do I just keep playing the vanguard roc playlist to get a better weapon or should I be doing something else. Any direction from you guys would be appreciated.

Are you rank 3 with Vanguard? If yes, do you have 150 Vanguard marks? Purchase a weapon from their vendor if this is the case. The AR Up For Anything is a good start as well as either Scout Rifle for primaries.

They nerf auto rifles, they nerf the Vex, they nerf Red Death, they nerf Shotguns(somewhat), but the most broken weapons in the game still haven't been touched.

Bungie what the fuck?
It's because they insist on having the weapons share stats from PVE to PVP. Balancing weapons would be 100% easier if they just kept it separate.

The moment they nerf the fusion rifles people will be complaining about how they're useless in PVE. Much like what they did to the Vex.

z3phon

Are you rank 3 with Vanguard? If yes, do you have 150 Vanguard marks? Purchase a weapon from their vendor if this is the case. The AR Up For Anything is a good start as well as either Scout Rifle for primaries.
Cool, I'll be using the marks I currently have for the Vanguard chest piece. I'll start farming more marks and rep for the weapon next.

ocean

Banned
Not stupid at all! There's a very low chance for Roc Strikes to give you decent weapons. You might get lucky with a reward or Engram or Vanguard rep level but it's not a dependable solution. Your best bets are:

1. Run the Weekly Nightfall Strike. Great chance at a good weapon, though some weeks you'll get Coins or Ascendant Materials. Still, run it every week! If nothing else, do it for the week-long 25% XP boost it gives you.

2. Keep a stash of Strange Coins on the ready. Xûr can be a dick often but sometimes sells top-tier Exotic weapons (like Ice Breaker last week, a Raid staple).

3. Buy 'em! They're expensive at 150 Marks but sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet. The Vanguard vendor has a great selection. If you like Scout Rifles, the Badger and Another NITC are both good options. Three Little Words is a good Pulse from what I hear. If you'd prefer a Hand Cannon and don't mind grinding Crucible Marks, TFWPKY 1969 is a good one.

Top Bottom