• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

oh, Glasshouse is the best for Crota fight

Does anyone know the benefits to glass house?

Like, by default a bubble lasts 30 seconds.

With the talent perk, it last 45 ( a 15 second increase).

How long does glass house add, and does it stack with the talent?

I used Glass House for the first time yesterday, assuming that it didn't stack, and it seemed to only give about a 6 seconds increase.

Titan raid helmet allows a titan to use the ruin wings!

Tis true. I had my Ruin wings on Monday night when we spent about 45 minutes at Crota. I used all of 3 ammo synths.

LiK

Titan raid helmet allows a titan to use the ruin wings!

I gave up on Ruin Wings. just not consistent enough.

I used Glass House for the first time yesterday, assuming that it didn't stack, and it seemed to only give about a 6 seconds increase.

5-6 seconds, I think. but that's quite useful for HM.

lt519

Since we are talking about running swords and tactics here's my routine as sword runner, I play as a bladedancer.

1st Sword: x4 R2 hits followed by another x4 R2 hits. Tally is at 8 hits...

- I like to be a bit more aggressive in the beginning just in-case I miss a hit later or my timing is off; it's more forgiving. My reasoning is if we are going to wipe I'd rather wipe on the first sword, than the 3rd....

2nd Sword: x3 R2 hits followed by another x3 R2 hits. Tally is at 14...

- This puts Crota at 1 hit away from enrage, and 4 hits away from death. Meaning on the last 2 swords after Ogres I can be less aggressive and play it a bit more safely. Noone likes wiping when Crota has but a sliver of health left.

3rd Sword: x2 R2 hits followed by another x2 R2 hits. Tally is at 18... Crota is dead

Personally as a Hunter I do:

First Sword: x3 R2 blink strike x3 R2 to give you enough time to run away from his shots

Second Sword: x3 R2 blink strike x4 R2 since you are close to the ogre tower you can get away from Crota faster and it is the safest time to do four swings

Third Sword: x3 R2 blink strike x2 R2

There's no need to push for 4 swings on each sword since it's definitely the easiest to get a 4th swing on the 2nd kneel of the 2nd sword. This gives you a buffer and if things go bad later you only need 5 swings on the final sword when you still can get 7 (since x3, x4 kills him and you don't have to run away).

It's a conservative strategy but best for novice swordbearers since 4 swings can be difficult to get away from Crota or even accomplish at all on the first kneel.

Edit: I should say that if we have multiple titans I'll be more aggressive on the first sword since we can restart faster without waiting for supers. Having one titan and wiping on the first sword just aggravates me.

General tips for new swordbearers which tends to get overlooked is to hold forward while doing R2 since it swings faster and to also not do an R2 from a jump since the animation takes longer.

CE is the first raid that have lots of primary weapon drops?

I have a handcannon, an auto rifle and an scout rifle and I think I miss the pulse rifle.

And no crux in my HM kill, I think I only need the heavy weapon in this raid and I am done with the weapons (and a horn obviously)

realcZk

Tis true. I had my Ruin wings on Monday night when we spent about 45 minutes at Crota. I used all of 3 ammo synths.

It doesn't make the bubble last any longer, it just makes blessing of light/weapons of light last 5 seconds longer from the time you step foot outside the bubble (making the buff last from 10 to 15 seconds)

LTWood12

Glasshouse does not add ANY time to the Ward of Dawn (Bubble). It only increases the amount of time that your Blessing or Weapons of Light stay active. I believe it adds 5 seconds.

EDIT: Beaten by realCzk

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

They may not always increase the drop rate, but they always increase the amount you get from a purple pack. That's still pretty good.

realcZk

Glasshouse does not add ANY time to the Ward of Dawn (Bubble). It only increases the amount of time that your Blessing or Weapons of Light stay active. I believe it adds 5 seconds.

EDIT: Beaten by realCzk

KtArqG5.gif

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
i'm confused. Titan Raid helm is probably the most useless helm in CE
Well you can use Ruin Wings if you have it. I have the helmets for Warlock and Hunter but not for my titan. This game really doesn't give you stuff that you desire.

While the amount of drops that Ruin Wings create is inconsistent, the fact that you usually get double the rockets per pack that you normally would per drop makes me keep them on.

Even if i'm not seeing purple packs everywhere, i know that i only need one or two to replenish my rocket supply. To me, that's the biggest advantage of wearing Ruin Wings.

Arrrammis

CE is the first raid that have lots of primary weapon drops?

I have a handcannon, an auto rifle and an scout rifle and I think I miss the pulse rifle.

And no crux in my HM kill, I think I only need the heavy weapon in this raid and I am done with the weapons (and a horn obviously)

CE supposedly has a "smarter" loot system, more likely to give you what you don't have. All I wanted was the hand cannon(so I have a useful void primary), so far I've gotten 5 scout rifles from the crota fight. RNG Y U DO DIS

Reminds me of this:

8773_7468.jpeg

That's what I was thinking, couldn't be bothered to find the pic. Thanks

And I really think they should be! The raid weapons, along with Iron Banner/ Trials of Osiris, should be by far the best weapons in the game, probably on tier with exotics. Raid weapons are only obtained in the hardest PvE mode available, and IB/Osiris weapons are from the hardest modes available for PvP. They should reflect that effort.

Agreed, the Raid should reward top tier weapon's for the effort and VoG delivered that in spades. Timepiece and Vengeance are the only real shitty VoG weapon, everything else ranges from good to top tier. CE falls flat, Black Hammer is the only top tier weapon of the lot. There are a few good weapons, but they all fall short of VoG.

I wonder if this was an intentional design decision or an accident. The fact that Hive Disruptor breaks the main perk of 2 weapons implies they didn't care about it enough to be bothered to QA their purpose of being.

LordofPwn

If you have your super and you pick up the sword, do you still have your super? Or do you need to pick up orbs while you have the sword?

have to pick up orbs after picking up sword. I prefer to have my super up before i get the sword though so i dont pick up any orbs along the way. normally you would get your sword super up at about the time the sword disappears, but by using Double Bubble Trouble you'll get at least 2 orbs before you even get to crota for the first down, and then maybe even more orbs when you get back (because titans should have their bubble give orbs when hit). also if you have a couple titans before you start the encounter have them place a bubble on the path to crota so there are already orbs waiting for you by crota.

If you have all titans or 5 titans then just spam supers on both sides for the sword carrier.

CE supposedly has a "smarter" loot system, more likely to give you what you don't have. All I wanted was the hand cannon(so I have a useful void primary), so far I've gotten 5 scout rifles from the crota fight. RNG Y U DO DIS

I think that is a misconception. The "smart" loot drop system was only designed to count how long it had been since you got a "fun" drop. I.e. weapon or gear. It doesn't increase your likelihood of getting something you don't have, only increasing the probability you get a drop.

Frostburn

Darn missed the HM Crota train, if a spot opens please toss me an invite. You all probably have me on your FL by now but US-Frostburn

It may not be relevant to the game, but I thought it was at least clever if you get the reference. Like you said, some previous titles were real head scratchers.

Does anyone have a list of them all? Honestly, I forgot the OT names not long after the new threads are up.

Granted, the ones I've made might stick with me a little longer, having... you know... made them.

EL CUCO

It may not be relevant to the game, but I thought it was at least clever if you get the reference. Like you said, some previous titles were real head scratchers.
If it were OT7 and "7th inning" it would make more sense...in the 17th inning people just want to go home, not stretch :p

Top Bottom