• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

noomi

I agree. Killing Ogres is easy peasy. The only real threat is getting caught off guard by exploders on your way back, but an experienced team should be able to do it with no problems.

nades and rockets on stairs for a quick clear path back to the crystal room.

I am going to be very curious to what CE HM feels like once HoW drops and we can run it all at 33 or higher. VoG HM, once TDB came out, just made it easier for your team to all be 30, it didn't change the encounter at all, because it was balanced around being equally leveled, not artificially more difficult.

With CE HM, we are all under leveled no matter what. As soon as that isn't the case, will it even be a true HM? Assuming at least one or two of the glitches get fixed, there will barely be any difference between HM and normal. I completely forgot to grab the chalice last time I ran normal CE and it made no difference. I have a feeling HoW is going to make nearly all of TDB content worthless. Bungie seems to have the baffling ability to create less content by adding more to their game.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I agree. Killing Ogres is easy peasy. The only real threat is getting caught off guard by exploders on your way back, but an experienced team should be able to do it with no problems.

I let everyone else go first so they kill everything/set the exploders off. Then I just waltz on in like it's NBD.

realcZk

I am going to be very curious to what CE HM feels like once HoW drops and we can run it all at 33 or higher. VoG HM, once TDB came out, just made it easier for your team to all be 30, it didn't change the encounter at all, because it was balanced around being equally leveled, not artificially more difficult.

With CE HM, we are all under leveled no matter what. As soon as that isn't the case, will it even be a true HM? Assuming at least one or two of the glitches get fixed, there will barely be any difference between HM and normal. I completely forgot to grab the chalice last time I ran normal CE and it made no difference. I have a feeling HoW is going to make nearly all of TDB content worthless. Bungie seems to have the baffling ability to create less content by adding more to their game.

Yeah, the fight will be a lot less painful as a level 33. Using the middle strategy, it won't play any differently from normal mode (won't have to worry about wizards/gatekeeper). Hell, even if you summoned the wizards they would be easy and quick to drop if you're of equal level.

E92 M3

VoG weapons are almost too good.

Reminds me of this:

8773_7468.jpeg

The best strat is too get armor of light and just run quickly with jumping over them. Unfortunately, last night I spontaneously died running back due to misadventure. Now that was BS lol.

Bradach

Since we are talking about running swords and tactics here's my routine as sword runner, I play as a bladedancer.

1st Sword: x4 R2 hits followed by another x4 R2 hits. Tally is at 8 hits...

- I like to be a bit more aggressive in the beginning just in-case I miss a hit later or my timing is off; it's more forgiving. My reasoning is If we are going to wipe I'd rather wipe on the first sword, than the 3rd....

2nd Sword: x3 R2 hits followed by another x3 R2 hits. Tally is at 14...

- This puts Crota 1 hit away from enrage, and 4 hits away from death. Meaning on the last 2 swords after Ogres I can be less aggressive and play it a bit more safely. Noone likes wiping when Crota has but a sliver of health left.

3rd Sword: x2 R2 hits followed by another x2 R2 hits. Tally is at 18... Crota is dead

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now keep in mind that this is all best case scenario. Sometimes the sword disappears, sometimes the sword bearer moves too far to the side and takes too long to down, and I can't get enough hits, sometimes my timing if off and I get less hits that I want. Anything could happen...

It's a bit of skill and a bit of luck. All teamwork, communication and timing :)
Thanks for this. I've saved this strat for when I can face Crota (probably a couple of weeks!)

Don't think I will be able to grind at all today. Working until 2PM then I have classes until 7:30PM, dinner, gym, sleep. . I need muh grinds.

3 Atheon HM is still needed until I can be happy with this week. And 1 full CE HM.

Anyone planning on taking a decent break from Destiny until the next DLC drops?

LiK

Don't think I will be able to grind at all today. Working until 2PM then I have classes until 7:30PM, dinner, gym, sleep. . I need muh grinds.

3 Atheon HM is still needed until I can be happy with this week. And 1 full CE HM.

yep, i'm just gonna do CE NM tonight and maybe Atheon HM if anyone has CP and i'm done for the week.

Arrrammis

VoG weapons are almost too good.

And I really think they should be! The raid weapons, along with Iron Banner/ Trials of Osiris, should be by far the best weapons in the game, probably on tier with exotics. Raid weapons are only obtained in the hardest PvE mode available, and IB/Osiris weapons are from the hardest modes available for PvP. They should reflect that effort.

Raybunny

Came in to ask this myself, I have the Ir Yut CP on hard. looking to get WOC so I never have to touch HM again.

I am up for that. I got 2 hours to do crota + deathsinger 3 times. PSN right?

Anyone got the gorgons CP that can share also?

Ryck

I am up for that. I got 2 hours to do crota + deathsinger 3 times. PSN right?

Anyone got the gorgons CP that can share also?
Sounds good, I should have mentioned I'll be on in about an hour.

If you are still on then add me

Ryck007 (psn)

noomi

Thanks for this. I've saved this strat for when I can face Crota (probably a couple of weeks!)

You are very welcome, hope this info can help a few people that want to run the sword in the future, it's very fun.

No rest until the Hawkmoon is in my possession. Once I have it I promised Rubenov we will own crucible until my thumbs bleed.

Lnkn52

I'll be playing Cod for the first time tonight with my childhood friends.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I won't take a full break, but I'm only running raids with raid group and nightfalls/weekly until next DLC. So, basically playing on Tuesday and that's it :p Monster Hunter comes out in a few days, so I expect that to take over a big part of my game playing time.

KodaRuss

Since we are talking about running swords and tactics here's my routine as sword runner, I play as a bladedancer.

- I like to be a bit more aggressive in the beginning just in-case I miss a hit later or my timing is off; it's more forgiving. My reasoning is If we are going to wipe I'd rather wipe on the first sword, than the 3rd....

- This puts Crota 1 hit away from enrage, and 4 hits away from death. Meaning on the last 2 swords after Ogres I can be less aggressive and play it a bit more safely. Noone likes wiping when Crota has but a sliver of health left.

3rd Sword: x2 R2 hits followed by another x2 R2 hits. Tally is at 18... Crota is dead

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now keep in mind that this is all best case scenario. Sometimes the sword disappears, sometimes the sword bearer moves too far to the side and takes too long to down, and I can't get enough hits, sometimes my timing if off and I get less hits that I want. Anything could happen...

It's a bit of skill and a bit of luck. All teamwork, communication and timing :)

I am not a huge fan of hitting crota 4 times because he can get up extremely quickly sometimes even when your timing is good. I just stick to three per down which seems to work.

I also found that hiding in the ogre room inbetween swords works well, not sure if that is common or not.

But crouch invisible on the rock and call for rockets right before i go invisible on the first down. I drop the sword after the the third hit and blink strike Crota to go invisible before he gets back up. Three more hits and get out of there.

I just get nervous trying to hit a fouth hit unless I need to catch up which doesnt happen often.

Where have you been :p sleeping like a normal person haha. But yeah still will do the reset raids, nightfalls and weeklies. After that I will help Destinygaf out whenever I have time.
which is becoming very limited D:

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Yep. Having fun with Far Cry 4 and can't wait for Bloodborne. I'm sure taking a break will make HoW much more enjoyable and going back to CE HM after getting to 33+ should be really satisfying after all this bullshit.

Qwell

Hoping to finish my last HM Crota tonight (failed my team last night, plus nasty glitches) and then finish my last HM Bridge to see if I'll be 0 for 9 on Abyss Defiant or not. I wouldn't say I'm burning out, but like others I think I'll be doing just kind of like the basics, nightfall, weeklies, Crota raid (at least for a while, would like another HoC, and at least 1 Ir Yut along with Abyss Defiant).

The prolbem is, even with all these games in my backlog, I'm not sure what I actually want to play. I was all excited to play through GTA V again when I picked it up for PS4, but ehh.. not feeling it, same thing with Sunset Overdrive, Far Cry 4 (probably shouldn't have been playing the PS4 and PC version at the same time and getting over 10 hours into each but not actually even unlocking the 2nd half with either).

I do want to play The Order 1886 ... maybe dust off the Wii U and actually play some Smash or maybe try to play a Zelda game since I haven't played one in quite some time.

Eghh not looking forward to hours of crucible :-\
but I guess I must

Sounds like a plan :)

Do bounties and patrol missions. You get 250xp for normal patrol missions and 500xp for kill the target patrol missions. It levels your vanguard while leveling your character too :)

LTWood12

Hoping to finish my last HM Crota tonight (failed my team last night, plus nasty glitches) and then finish my last HM Bridge to see if I'll be 0 for 9 on Abyss Defiant or not. I wouldn't say I'm burning out, but like others I think I'll be doing just kind of like the basics, nightfall, weeklies, Crota raid (at least for a while, would like another HoC, and at least 1 Ir Yut along with Abyss Defiant).

The prolbem is, even with all these games in my backlog, I'm not sure what I actually want to play. I was all excited to play through GTA V again when I picked it up for PS4, but ehh.. not feeling it, same thing with Sunset Overdrive, Far Cry 4 (probably shouldn't have been playing the PS4 and PC version at the same time and getting over 10 hours into each but not actually even unlocking the 2nd half with either).

I do want to play The Order 1886 ... maybe dust off the Wii U and actually play some Smash or maybe try to play a Zelda game since I haven't played one in quite some time.

0/8 for Abyss Defiant? That's some major bullshit.

Messiek

Oh, new |OT| and I was still refreshing the other one. lol

Congrats on the 4th horseman Noomi!
I'll post pics later of the convention I'm at : )

Good smooth run. Thanks to Ora and Javier.

Going to be running CE Normal again. Full run. Have 4. Newbies welcome. Message or FR Reignofsparrows.

Deku Tree

Honesty for those of us who have almost everything and have all 32 characters and have fully upgraded most or all of the CE raid weapons then there is not much left to do. And the glitches and the being under level difficulty of CE HM make it not that much fun a lot of the time.

Nuszka

hah! Now I know what you guys are doing up there on that ledge while I'm running my ass over to Crota!

Your the best bubble bro a guy could ask for *tear*

I thought i was your bubble guy :( Is it because i took your Hawkmoon a week ago ?

Van Owen

Banned
Ran the hard raid a few times now and still no raid primaries. I've only gotten Black Hammer and the shotgun as far as weapons go too.

So fucking sick of this game.

LiK

Honesty for those of us who have almost everything and have all 32 characters and have fully upgraded most or all of the CE raid weapons then there is not much left to do. And the glitches and the being under level difficulty of CE HM make it not that much fun a lot of the time.

yep, there's literally nothing else to do at this point. we hit a wall and i'll be moving on. maybe i'll be back for some PVP but i'm bored with everything else.

Well played to the guys in the crota run. Nice and straight forward really. Even if crota did spank me a bit too quick a few times.

Well played retromg. Did very well for your first time beyond the lamps.

Still blackhammer eludes me though :-(

LordofPwn

- I like to be a bit more aggressive in the beginning just in-case I miss a hit later or my timing is off; it's more forgiving. My reasoning is if we are going to wipe I'd rather wipe on the first sword, than the 3rd....

- This puts Crota at 1 hit away from enrage, and 4 hits away from death. Meaning on the last 2 swords after Ogres I can be less aggressive and play it a bit more safely. Noone likes wiping when Crota has but a sliver of health left.

Now keep in mind that this is all best case scenario. Sometimes the sword disappears, sometimes the sword bearer moves too far to the side and takes too long to down, and I can't get enough hits, sometimes my timing is off and I get less hits that I want. Anything could happen...

Alright guys here's some math to put sword strats away.

I've killed crota on hard more than normal. here was my strat for last sword kill.

3 Smash
3 Smash + 1 Super

3 Smash
3 Smash

3 Smash + 1 Super = Dead.

I have a spreadsheet that can tell me if crota will be enraged or alive or dead after so many smashes slashes combos or supers.

Crota has 262,500 HP, he enrages after 215,000 damage.

Smash does 15,301
Super does 18,001
Slash does 7201
uppercut does 12601
Combo is 27003

You can kill him with 2 swords or 4 downs if you use combos (2 combo + Smash) x 4 or 3 smash + Super, 4 smash + super, 3 smash + super, and 3 smash + super.

Using the Double Bubble Trouble strat it's incredibly easy to get supers up. Yes you will have to deal with ogres still, but once you know how to melt them they are not a problem. Thrall will be the biggest threat,

Hope this helps

Top Bottom