• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Homeboyd

Just got a PS4 and playing this. I have some friends that want me to Raid with them. I am just finding the single player campaign pretty boring. I know it is all about multiplayer, I guess I need to find a way to level up fast. Just got level 5.
Wat

Maybe you mean co-op (ie PvE content with friends)? PvP in this game... isn't the best. PvE is where this game shines... not the story mode though. Raids specifically.

Just got a PS4 and playing this. I have some friends that want me to Raid with them. I am just finding the single player campaign pretty boring. I know it is all about multiplayer, I guess I need to find a way to level up fast. Just got level 5.

Your friends can do the story missions with you

Do bounties and maybe crucible. There are people here who level characters all the time. They'll probably give you better advice

Do bounties. Thats all you need to do to level up to 20.

EDIT: Top of page Thrall dropping it like it's hot.

2XflxzI9viTqgpdoCHe.gif

7TO7Vak.gif

EL CUCO

Can you even super at Level 5? You got a long way to go. Just keep doing story missions, Bounties and a daily public event. Basically what you're looking for is XP. After 20, the hunt for gear begins.

The fun comes when you and your buddies are tackling challenges and chasing loot.

In all honesty, I wasn't feeling the game until I hit level 28.

Now I am closing gin on 700 hours.

The best thing about getting Gjallarhorn is that if my next exotic to drop is No Land Beyond, I will just laugh instead of rage. Everything is different now.

For anyone still waiting. Keep the faith. It will come in time.

Eklesp

Can you even super at Level 5? You got a long way to go. Just keep doing story missions, Bounties and a daily public event. Basically what you're looking for is XP. After 20, the hunt for gear begins.

The fun comes when you and your buddies are tackling challenges and chasing loot.

Thanks, I will check those out. Basically just not feeling the story, or that of which makes any sense.

Frostburn

The best thing about getting Gjallarhorn is that if my next exotic to drop is No Land Beyond, I will just laugh instead of rage. Everything is different now.

I'm trying, only Exotic I want but never get... one day at least 1 shall be mine... Until then I'll just keep logging out with all 3 of my level 32s holding Hawkmoon's

Namikaze1

Just finished checking my recordings of last night's raid. I can't wait to show you guys possibly the worst lag experience ever.

ich00

I'll post this now to try and get 2 more: at 9:30-10pm EST I'm getting a group togther to run VoG Hard up to the templar 3 times to try and get out of the #forevernofatebringer club. Anyone interrested in joining? I need at least 2, maybe some alts if people only want to stick around for one try. Send me a friend request then I'll send out invites once we're ready.

PS4: Ichabod00

1. Ichabod00
2. friend
3. friend
4. Bladelaw

Shito

To be honest, I have more hope in finally fetching one from Xur one day than getting it from RNG.
That says a lot...

Deku Tree

Thanks Deku & Due. My 2nd NLB = Shard :D

Thx!

Deku are we not running our weekly/Nightfalls tonight?

I did one just now b/c I was leveling up my Titan to 32 with bounties. Wasn't sure your plan since I didn't see you respond to my questions both in this topic and on PSN yet. Are you up for NF + Weekly tonight? I might only be able to do two of each since I have to wake up very early tomorrow.

noomi

Holy shit, I went home for lunch for one hour (got a weekly done!) and came back to 3 new pages! I thought the thread was getting slow this morning, but it seems to be in full force now haha! Good!

Now! Allow me to make a gigantic post and respond to all :)

Oh, new |OT| and I was still refreshing the other one. lol

Congrats on the 4th horseman Noomi!
I'll post pics later of the convention I'm at : )

Thanks dude, I didn't have it so it was nice to get at least 1 new thing this week. Ah, nice about the pics, curious to see what your up to over there :D

I thought i was your bubble guy :( Is it because i took your Hawkmoon a week ago ?

You will always be my bubble bro but you keep hurting me :*( And you've taken 2 hawkmoons from me already! Once at the gorgon kurwa chest like 2 weeks ago! Hunters don't forget!

Titans without the raid helmet are kinda useless.

:p

Lol! Nuszka's helmet to my hawkmoon to your yolohorn. We all need that one thing!

Alright guys here's some math to put sword strats away.

There's no need to push for 4 swings on each sword since it's definitely the easiest to get a 4th swing on the 2nd kneel of the 2nd sword. This gives you a buffer and if things go bad later you only need 5 swings on the final sword when you still can get 7 (since x3, x4 kills him and you don't have to run away).

It's a conservative strategy but best for novice swordbearers since 4 swings can be difficult to get away from Crota or even accomplish at all on the first kneel..

Both great strats, and I think everyone's will vary a bit. I don't think that there is a "best" strat, we all just adapt to whatever we are dealing with at the time. I will however comment on the super smash... I found it a bit inconsistent for me, and it made it a bit difficult to keep track of damage with it (although I'm sure it's easy now), also I don't like depending on a titan throwing up a bubble next to crota for me. The less people up there with me, the better... no offense titans :)

They may not always increase the drop rate, but they always increase the amount you get from a purple pack. That's still pretty good.

Ruin wings have been working great for me but at Crota, it's all about the heavy glitch :)

Hey ruin wings are awesome, I love when people wear them. The floor turns purple!

So both the Swordbearer AND the Gatekeeper walked into the crystal room during my CE Hard Mode run tonight. That was... unpleasant. But we somehow managed to kill off the swordbearer and beat Crota. Whew.

B9A9LRUIQAAAhD5.jpg:large

LMAO! This happened to us last night as well, we had a good chuckle about it... actually I believe it made it a bit easier to down him this way instead of tracking him down between the center pillars... lulz!

Thx!

I did one just now b/c I was leveling up my Titan to 32 with bounties. Wasn't sure your plan since I didn't see you respond to my questions both in this topic and on PSN yet. Are you up for NF + Weekly tonight? I might only be able to do two of each since I have to wake up very early tomorrow.

Sorry. I haven't been online today and just got to the thread today.

I'm good to go!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

Not a whole lot of people "feel" the story. Just choose the next level, shoot stuff, hold X for ghost, defend ghost, receive exp, level up and continue your path to level 20.
Keep at it. Bounties are fun and give you incentives to do certain things. But until you hit around level 12 and start seeing occasional blue drops the loot is trivial.
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

The only weapons I'm missing from both raids is the Fusion Rifle (and Crux I guess). I'm starting to believe my own dumb theory on seeds. (At account creation, you have a specific seed that determines your loot table. Why you have 4x same exotic drop 0x a different exotic)

Daemul

This RNG stuff is real BS. Why do those who already have ghorns get 4 more of them?

I swear that when you create a Destiny account, the game randomly assigns odds for each exotic item dropping, meaning you have a higher chance of getting certain exotics compared to others.

It would explain why I've gotten 5+ GHorns, 5+ Plan C's and 5+ P&T to drop for me, and on the opposite side, why I haven't gotten a Red Death or Thunderlord to drop for me. Thankfully I was able to buy the Red Death, but Thunderlord is still MIA.

Gonna run some bounties with Necrochasm this evening and see how much it sucks.

Also anyone running any NM CE around 10 EST this evening? I need 1 clear up to Crota and 2 complete clears. I'm still looking black hammer and need shards and energies.

The only weapons I'm missing from both raids is the Fusion Rifle (and Crux I guess). I'm starting to believe my own dumb theory on seeds. (At account creation, you have a specific seed that determines your loot table. Why you have 4x same exotic drop 0x a different exotic)

You get your ass back to the Dying Light thread where you belong right meow.

Deku Tree

https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Rides-with-MoreConsole/en/News/News?aid=12554

Bungie Rides with MoreConsole
by DeeJ

Friday, February 6th
1:00 - 3:00 PM Pacific
Venus Patrol Walking Tour

What secrets lurk in those lush jungles? What origin stories can we mine from the terrain? Blake will lead us on an architectural tour through a living warzone. The Vex won't likely cease their efforts to destroy us, so we'll just have to clear the area while we enjoy the scenery.

Join us for some stories and mayhem!

I swear that when you create a Destiny account, the game randomly assigns odds for each exotic item dropping, meaning you have a higher chance of getting certain exotics compared to others.

It would explain why I've gotten 5+ GHorns, 5+ Plan C's and 5+ P&T to drop for me, and on the opposite side, why I haven't gotten a Red Death or Thunderlord to drop for me. Thankfully I was able to buy the Red Death, but Thunderlord is still MIA.

I have pondered this too. There may be a seed for a pseudoRNG type system, then again, your results in a vacuum, are perfectly believable for RNG.

I do suspect there may be some type of hidden modifier, requirement or threshold we are unaware of that increases your overall odds of receiving Exotics or Legendary Engrams, but what they become is just RNG.

For the first 3 months of the game I had 2 exotic RNG drops, but in the last 2 months I have had 15+. Granted, I now have a 2nd character running content for more Exotic roll attempts, but the overall rate has increased and stayed consistent.

Top Bottom