• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
So both the Swordbearer AND the Gatekeeper walked into the crystal room during my CE Hard Mode run tonight. That was... unpleasant. But we somehow managed to kill off the swordbearer and beat Crota. Whew.

B9A9LRUIQAAAhD5.jpg:large

I've been on a "break" since my wife went into labor mid-January.

All I really have time for is the nightfall+weekly and a couple hours of crucible each week.

No raiding for me :(

actually getting a group together and getting everyone ready takes longer than the actual NM CE raid itself. Takes like 20 min to do it. Should it even be called a "raid"?

My friend got 2 ghorns last night....in a row.....and he already had 3....

Fuck you RNG
Exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago. My friend already had 3 and got two on the same night.

I think that is a misconception. The "smart" loot drop system was only designed to count how long it had been since you got a "fun" drop. I.e. weapon or gear. It doesn't increase your likelihood of getting something you don't have, only increasing the probability you get a drop.

So thats why I get two exotic boots of classes I dont ever main

Steroyd

can't help but laugh that Fatebringer is still a better weapon against Thralls than Necrochasm which was made to fight Thralls.

Don't get me started on that piece-of-shite-chasm, I can't believe it exists, I mean okay a low impact high rate of fire auto rifle it was always going to be one of shitiest exotics out there, which is saying sommething because Universal Remote exists, but it's nowhere up to any standard of usefulness in the only situation it looked to be useful, even Atheon's Epilogue had it's damn moment in the sun ffs, to top it off this is effectively the successor to the Vex Mythoclast, I don't even!

Don't get me started on that piece-of-shite-chasm, I can't believe it exists, I mean okay a low impact high rate of fire auto rifle it was always going to be one of shitiest exotics out there, which is saying sommething because Universal Remote exists, but it's nowhere up to any standard of usefulness in the only situation it looked to be useful, even Atheon's Epilogue had it's damn moment in the sun ffs, to top it off this is effectively the successor to the Vex Mythoclast, I don't even!

Bungie should buff the weapon to insanely hurt the hive and the hives alone, I wonder if is that hard to program.

Bungie should buff the weapon to insanely hurt the hive and the hives alone, I wonder if is that hard to program.

Why not buff it to be an adequate weapon in any situation? Same goes for all the exotics from CE. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind thought any of those weapons would be worth an exotic slot

Van Owen

Banned
So both the Swordbearer AND the Gatekeeper walked into the crystal room during my CE Hard Mode run tonight. That was... unpleasant. But we somehow managed to kill off the swordbearer and beat Crota. Whew.

B9A9LRUIQAAAhD5.jpg:large

I've had Crota walk in there...

PuMa

Does anyone have a list of them all? Honestly, I forgot the OT names not long after the new threads are up.

Granted, the ones I've made might stick with me a little longer, having... you know... made them.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...
Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come
Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End
Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas
Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.
Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!
Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended
Destiny |OT9| Suros Business
Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese
Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner
Destiny |OT6| Lock me like one of your French girls, Jack
Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes
Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants
Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.
Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians
Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

You've been a contributer to a fair share of bad titles...plz dont encourage it.

I dont really care

My Crota title was fantastic, how dare you.

Don't blame me for Suros Business either. We only had that because people complained about my actual title. And then everybody and their mother was attempting flawless. My title would have actually made sense. :(

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...
Destiny |OT15| What Cheese May Come
Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End
Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas
Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.
Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!
Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended
Destiny |OT9| Suros Business
Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese
Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner
Destiny |OT6| Lock me like one of your French girls, Jack
Destiny |OT5| New patch out Tues., Master Rahool reportedly crying into his robes
Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants
Destiny |OT3| Oh sweet a Legen- wait never mind, it's a rare.
Destiny |OT2| The Last Guardians
Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

OT 1-7 names were good

Why not buff it to be an adequate weapon in any situation? Same goes for all the exotics from CE. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind thought any of those weapons would be worth an exotic slot

I keep going back to the No Land Beyond argument that given that weapon's characteristics, it should deal massive damage along with Firefly or some other damage perk. If it wasn't for the heavy ammo glitch, it would be collecting dust on everyone's vault.

I think the point of raising a weapon that feeds on Hive enemies should be more focused on killing Hives and helps you greatly in raid for being a "special" exotic weapon, unlike the mythoclasm that destroyed everything in its path aside for killing hives (its main funtion was helping you pass the TDB expansion) and was nerfed because of that.

Steroyd

It must be because they can't seem to get hive disruptor to work with precision kills, which TA-DA shitochasm needs precision kills to activate it's useful sounding but isn't really, unique perk.

Steroyd

I keep going back to the No Land Beyond argument that given that weapon's characteristics, it should deal massive damage along with Firefly or some other damage perk. If it wasn't for the heavy ammo glitch, it would be collecting dust on everyone's vault.

Nah, all NLB needs is a garunteed body shot kill after a precision kill, with no time limit, The Master perk is pretty damn useless and redundant in it's current form because of the animation after each shot.

That said I feel so naughty killing people online with it because it's so crap that it feels oh so good.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
OT5 and 6 titles were changed mid-thread.

edit "Patch me like one of your French girls," then changed to "Lock" when the thread was closed. It was the planetary materials patch

LSX-Ray

Neo Member

It's still collecting dust in my vault bro. I use the vex to lower my ammo and I finish about the same time as you would with no land beyond.

Eklesp

Just got a PS4 and playing this. I have some friends that want me to Raid with them. I am just finding the single player campaign pretty boring. I know it is all about multiplayer, I guess I need to find a way to level up fast. Just got level 5.

OT5 and 6 titles were changed mid-thread.

edit "Patch me like one of your French girls," then changed to "Lock" when the thread was closed. It was the planetary materials patch

:lol remember that now

I don't remember OT5's original title being much different.

Top Bottom