• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

I keep swapping to Red Death and just playing around with it in different situations. I really love the gun (again, as someone who outright dislikes pulse rifles in general). Can't believe it's getting a buff

Yup, I'm a convert (to Red Death only). It's a lot of fun and the health regen is good for more than just Crota HM. Definitely not a pulse rifle guy but this is the exception.

The buff on that gun in particular is going to make it quite a weapon.

Psn is updating for me. 217Mb. D'oh. I've not turned it on since yesterday though so I guess most people have already done this hours ago.

Yes. Many had their nightfalls interrupted at the very last minute

Thanks for the quick replies!

Depending on my class, I'll usually wear light beyond nemesis or alpha lupi for faster revives. During arc burns it can get very ugly. Just make sure you stay close to the guy who's doing the reviving and also don't get too close to the edge cause your corpse might fall off and that can be a real problem

dB Viper

Had never tried before, but last night I solo'd Crota on Normal. It's just sad this is even possible. So damn easy with GHorn.

HoW better step it up.

A shitty legendary machine gun, a legendary engram (that became shards) and a second Gjallerhorn for me this week :)

6 Omnigul strikes in a row is just...disgusting.

nOoblet16

Stuff I got 2 days ago:

1) Dragon's Breath
2) Second Icebreaker.

Stuff I got today:

1) Mida Multi Tool
2) Monte Carlo
3) The 4th Horseman
4) Obsidian mind
5) Bad Juju Bounty

All exotics ! and all this from 2 Nightfall (with 2 characters) and 1 NM Crota full run...lol

No Ballerhorn or Fatebringer or even a single chest armour that's +36 light (I have 4 helms, 3 boots and 3 gauntlets but haven't had a single chest, so bought that exotic chest from Xur last week)

LTWood12

Stuff I got 2 days ago:

1) Dragon's Breath
2) Second Icebreaker.

Stuff I got today:

1) Mida Multi Tool
2) Monte Carlo
3) The 4th Horseman
4) Obsidian mind
5) Bad Juju Bounty

All exotics ! and all this from 2 Nightfall (with 2 characters) and 1 NM Crota full run...lol

No Ballerhorn or Fatebringer or even a single chest armour that's +36 light (I have 4 helms, 3 boots and 3 gauntlets but haven't had a single chest, so bought that exotic chest from Xur last week)

Damn that is quite a haul, and from just two characters? Very nice.

jaaz

Just got a Badger CCL from a Vanguard package with Firefly, Explosive Rounds and Luck in the Chamber. I think its a keeper!

joecanada

I Agree,I love my lash (Field Scout, Clown Cartridge amd Crowd Control) but it is too slow for PVP.

I use it in PVE a lot but the fatebringer is still better than it when there are enemies grouped up (ie. Laterns during Crota). On single targets it really hits like a truck.

ya i rolled plain but true perks on my lash , reload kills, reload empty, stability, and I do like it a lot ...

field scout would be good for sure, but I just shoot till empty and as long as I killed someone then it reloads in about 1.5 seconds.

I wonder though while using it, even though it has great impact the slower shooting does it actually do more DPS than fatebringer? seriously a 5% fire rate increase would have made this gun a monster.

for comparison i was doing about 915 and about 1050 per headshot on knights with fate and lash respectively.

Well; so far today after 3x nightfall and 1x CE normal (3 manned it lol...)
I got:

Shitty scout rifle
Shitty shot gun
2nd Patience and Time
And my first Thunderlord.

Not too shabby so far; this week I still need to do 3x HM Crota, 2x NM Crota and some Gorgon Chest and some Atheon action.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Iron Banner is ridiculous. The amounts of XP needed in order to get something good is absurd.
You need to buy the buff with the mote of light. The buff gets stronger near the end of the week.

Even then, expect to play 2 fullish days (8 or more hours depending on your performance) to go from level 1 to 5. It's not worth it unless you really love PVP or need the gear to get to 32.

RdN

You need to buy the buff with the mote of light. The buff gets stronger near the end of the week.

Even then, expect to play 2 fullish days (8 or more hours depending on your performance) to go from level 1 to 5. It's not worth it unless you really love PVP or need the gear to get to 32.

I need the gear, but I simply don't have the time to grind a game for days.

I personally think that this is bad design. I can see kids getting to lvl 5 easily, but those of us who have full time jobs and families simply stand no chance.

joecanada

I personally think that this is bad design. I can see kids getting to lvl 5 easily, but those of us who have full time jobs and families simply stand no chance.

if you just do bounties daily and then have a good 8 hour day on Sunday you can finish easy ... thats what I did last time...
don't even waste your time on Mon-Thur unless you love pvp.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

If you only have one character, you could probably hit 5 if you play a couple of hours a day and win most of the time. You would need to spread it out because the effect of the buff is weaker earlier in the event.

But yeah, I did it last time to get 2 characters to 32 and I don't think I'm ever playing IB again. Even if that was when I discovered the "Bubble Train" and had one of the best times playing the game.

if you just do bounties daily and then have a good 8 hour day on Sunday you can finish easy ... thats what I did last time...
don't even waste your time on Mon-Thur unless you love pvp.
Oh yeah, I forgot. You need to be able to do all the bounties as well to speed up the process, so you need a good auto rifle/machine gun at the very least.

The buff gets RIDICULOUSLY stronger toward the end of the event, so honestly just play it over the weekend, especially next Monday, and it isn't bad.

joecanada

If you only have one character, you could probably hit 5 if you play a couple of hours a day and win most of the time. You would need to spread it out because the effect of the buff is weaker earlier in the event.

But yeah, I did it last time to get 2 characters to 32 and I don't think I'm ever playing IB again. Even if that was when I discovered the "Bubble Train" and had one of the best times playing the game.

Oh yeah, I forgot. You need to be able to do all the bounties as well to speed up the process, so you need a good auto rifle/machine gun at the very least.

I didn't even bother with that bounty. there are no good AR (kidding but not really)

Top Bottom