• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

joecanada

The Lash is ridiculous if you can get the right roll. I recommend field scout, outlaw, and whatever else floats your boat. In my opinion, it would be crowd control.

I have one with field scout, crowd control, and clown cartridge. It's a killer in PvP or PvE. The impact is sky high.

I disagree actually but if you don't have fatebringer lash is the next best thing. In pvp I would rank it as about my 3rd best pvp handcannon and maybe 10th overall gun.

if it shot maybe .5 seconds faster it would be beast, but its sooo slow. still a three shot headshot in pvp, and slower than most.

Just played my first game of iron banner. So good. It's great playing with people much better than me, even if I'm getting my ass kicked. I suspect I'll be much better at PvP by the end of the week

Also, what is this medallion of iron thing I got?

Gordon

One retarded no-burn angry-epic trash Nightfall complete. Reward: The Conduit :/
Now my next hurdle is trying to work up the willpower to go through that nightfall a second time lol

joecanada

Just played my first game of iron banner. So good. It's great playing with people much better than me, even if I'm getting my ass kicked. I suspect I'll be much better at PvP by the end of the week

Also, what is this medallion of iron thing I got?

haha i like your attitude, the medallion is for a loss, you keep it and cash it in on your first win for almost the same value as a win, so always play until you win (although i have tested this and they don't dissapear if you log out for the day)...

a win is worth like 50 and the medallion is worth like 40 , you can turn in up to 10 at once so if you lose 11 times in a row you start losing real points, (find a new team lol)

Is the iron banner scout worth the grind if you bought the rapier? Are the stats much different?

Yes, I have Badger with similar stats (no Outlaw) and the impact makes a big difference. I hate using Rapier for the same reason, feels like a pea shooter because of it low impact.

Shito

haha i like your attitude, the medallion is for a loss, you keep it and cash it in on your first win for almost the same value as a win, so always play until you win (although i have tested this and they don't dissapear if you log out for the day)...

a win is worth like 50 and the medallion is worth like 40 , you can turn in up to 10 at once so if you lose 11 times in a row you start losing real points, (find a new team lol)
Wasn't it 5 the max number of medallion you could carry?
Also, yeah, they don't disappear. A common trick to get a headstart for a new IB is to try and get the maximum number of medallions at the end of the previous one. :3

Mindlog

two Xur streak? yeah. it'll be quite close but if there's no news to chew we should see Xur 3 just before ot18.
You hear that Bungie?
Use this week's update to announce you are delaying the heavy ammo loss fix for another month so you can also address the heavy ammo surplus issue.

LordofPwn

two Xur streak? yeah. it'll be quite close but if there's no news to chew we should see Xur 3 just before ot18.

If update launches before friday the streak will continue. Today is reset day and IB so lots of matchmaking posts, but no real discussion. I'm sure Bungie is monitoring and is prepared to launch a patch to keep the streak going.

KodaRuss

I disagree actually but if you don't have fatebringer lash is the next best thing. In pvp I would rank it as about my 3rd best pvp handcannon and maybe 10th overall gun.

if it shot maybe .5 seconds faster it would be beast, but its sooo slow. still a three shot headshot in pvp, and slower than most.

I Agree,I love my lash (Field Scout, Clown Cartridge amd Crowd Control) but it is too slow for PVP.

I use it in PVE a lot but the fatebringer is still better than it when there are enemies grouped up (ie. Laterns during Crota). On single targets it really hits like a truck.

At the end of the day, it's still a shotgun in Destiny. Simply isn't worth the risk in PvE where it will get the buff and PvP is pretty awful in Destiny. They could up the buff by 500% and I probably still wouldn't use shotguns in PvE.

Shotguns need a range buff in PVE. Been using one for the grimoire score and you have to get way to close to use it effectively.

You hear that Bungie?
Use this week's update to announce you are delaying the heavy ammo loss fix for another month so you can also address the heavy ammo surplus issue.

Or just patch the heavy ammo surplus issue first and then delay the heavy ammo loss fix.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If update launches before friday the streak will continue. Today is reset day and IB so lots of matchmaking posts, but no real discussion. I'm sure Bungie is monitoring and is prepared to launch a patch to keep the streak going.
well, that would be news. I actually forgot IB though. If there's a fair amount of train assembly we still do have a chance (I'll be putting groups together myself throughout the week except tonight)

Tapiozona

Banned
So the Iron Banner rep will reset each IB? oh damm

There's a trick to getting around it. If you goto orbit just before reset, when Iron Banner is being introduced and then go back to the tower, you'll still have your previous I/B ranking until you leave the tower again. Many people already bought the shotty and scout doing this.

NM CE 2X anyone? Need to get two scrubby hunters across :-
and we're full, sending invites now.
1. Dhruv_Hanom
2. Cosmos( maybe)
3. retroMG
4. xGrief
5. ErnieMcCracken
6. Rnilla

Oh I missed the Crota train with Dhruv? I was listening to songs from Persona 4 Golden.

So magical

:(

This is normal, your spot for HM has been reserved

When do you guys think this will happen? I'm in, need to wash the stink of iron banner failure off of me. I'd you don't see me online, I'll be monitoring this thread.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm pretty confident the weekly update will push us over.
Sort of depends a bit, but I was factoring in the weekly update in my estimate.

If it's an OOOOH AHHHHH or an RRRRGNNNGGGGHHHH type update, then yes. If it's a mehwhatever update then the spike could be pretty negligible.

I keep swapping to Red Death and just playing around with it in different situations. I really love the gun (again, as someone who outright dislikes pulse rifles in general). Can't believe it's getting a buff

I got Suros, Truth and Gjallerhorn so far today.

I didn't need any =\

Just need Red Death and 4th Horseman

Love that I hate this game now even when it's giving me exotic drops.

Top Bottom