• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

stb

So is the Scout from IB the best scout in the game now? I bought it last night at reset and holy crap, it's basically a Fatebringer replacement at 331.

If you have the motes to spare, you can even get the same perks (firefly/outlaw) + field scout for a ridiculous roll.

Reddit is reporting that the default roll is great (firefly and outlaw) and that field scout isn't on the 331 version. Not sure I'd mess with it.

Wow. Well that stinks. I was about 11% tempted to reroll it but now it's 0

I want it cause it has a larger magazine than the rapier. Also the first sight on it is the same one that's on the VoC. Don't like any of the sights on the rapier.

I also have 3 fangs of it Yut so I don't even know why I'm interested. I guess I love how IB weapons look. I have an old IB scout that's a 300. Don't have a shotgun though.

Looking to run CE HM in an hour. Crota CP preferred, but can do a whole run.

If you want in, just add yourself to the list. We already have a good swordbearer.

1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson90
3. Grimlock33

Might as well tag along again.

Edit: would prefer to just knock out Crota but have for a full run as well.

stb

for the IB vendor shotgun (Felwinter's Lie), if I already have Secret Handshake, Invective, and Found Verdict, can anyone make a case for spending 11k on it?

I only use shotguns in PvP, and this doesn't seem like it's worth bothering with given my existing shotgun options.

blazeuk

Looking to run CE HM in an hour. Crota CP preferred, but can do a whole run.

If you want in, just add yourself to the list. We already have a good swordbearer.

1. TearsOfBlood
2. EJRobinson90
3. Grimlock33
4. blazeuk

Added myself, can do full run or just Crota.

nowai

for the IB vendor shotgun (Felwinter's Lie), if I already have Secret Handshake, Invective, and Found Verdict, can anyone make a case for spending 11k on it?

I only use shotguns in PvP, and this doesn't seem like it's worth bothering with given my existing shotgun options.

I'm in your same boat. The fire rate on Felwinter's lie is awful. Even with it's monster vendor roll, I think the vendor secret handshake bests it for engaging multiple targets.

If you have used Two to the Morgue vs Secret Handshake, the slow cocking of each shot on Two to the Morgue is painfully slow.

Omnigul herself isn't that hard if you use Abyss Defiant, she'll be blind almost the entire time except when summoning adds. Still tedious though because you still have to fight shitton of adds, most of which will OHK you if you show your back.

So is the Scout from IB the best scout in the game now? I bought it last night at reset and holy crap, it's basically a Fatebringer replacement at 331.

No it's not a 331 fatebringer because it a scout rifle and not a hand cannon. Two different weapon types meant or use in different situations. I don't know how people use a scout rifle for close range combat. Just feels weird

Save your motes. Gheleon's Demise CANNOT roll field scout. What comes from IB vendor literally is the best it can be.

Pre DLC (300 max) one could.
http://destinydb.com/items/3800763760-gheleons-demise

Post DLC (331 max) can't.
http://destinydb.com/items/1998842327-gheleons-demise

Reddit is reporting that the default roll is great (firefly and outlaw) and that field scout isn't on the 331 version. Not sure I'd mess with it.

I want it cause it has a larger magazine than the rapier. Also the first sight on it is the same one that's on the VoC. Don't like any of the sights on the rapier.

I also have 3 fangs of it Yut so I don't even know why I'm interested. I guess I love how IB weapons look. I have an old IB scout that's a 300. Don't have a shotgun though.

Yea I got corrected pretty fast on the Field Scout perk not being in this version haha. That's a shame. I thought I read someone rolled that but I think they were talking about Timurs/Spear then.

Sword, yea to me it's always hard to use a non-raid primary but maybe there's situations where those weapons are better. PvP is the only thing that comes to mind atm.

Tapiozona

Banned

Definitely buy it. It has amazing impact and 2 range perks...(Hammer Forged & Range Finder). Its a one shot beast, just don't miss.

Homeboyd

I'm so mad I didn't buy it.

Not to mention the 100% PvE buff it'll get
At the end of the day, it's still a shotgun in Destiny. Simply isn't worth the risk in PvE where it will get the buff and PvP is pretty awful in Destiny. They could up the buff by 500% and I probably still wouldn't use shotguns in PvE.

NM CE 2X anyone? Need to get two scrubby hunters across :-\
and we're full, sending invites now.
1. Dhruv_Hanom
2. Cosmos( maybe)
3. retroMG
4. xGrief
5. ErnieMcCracken
6. Rnilla

Mindlog

Oh good a shotgun stacked with range perks. I hate shotguns.
The scout rifle looks like something they came up with when they noticed so many people recommending the Rapier. I had a friend log on for me, but they didn't know how to do it correctly :[

I'll be playing some IB, but probably not until the weekend.
Omnigul again. Of course. No burns? Why not?

Xurday
Ruin Wings
Don't Touch Me
Obsidian Mind
No Land Beyond

No Heavy Ammo

I was just looking at Timurs Lash, thinking how I might like that and wondering how hard could be be to get that anyway... Your post was the slap in the face I needed

The Lash is ridiculous if you can get the right roll. I recommend field scout, outlaw, and whatever else floats your boat. In my opinion, it would be crowd control.

I have one with field scout, crowd control, and clown cartridge. It's a killer in PvP or PvE. The impact is sky high.

Dave_6

The NF looks brutal but I'm still gonna run it 3 times as there are still a few exotics I need. Probably run the weekly at least once but that's it.

I'm definitely going to start IB earlier this time instead of waiting till Sunday. I kinda want that scout for whatever reason. Also have a Spear from last time I want to reroll but I only have 45 motes.

Top Bottom