• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

LordofPwn

still no hunter helm from crota. got everything else from that raid. gonna try and do flawless 2-man this weekend (to help my friend i screwed out of flawless 3 times) if i can go and complete my IB tasks and buy some heavy ammo synths cause xur won't sell shit except maybe chest engrams to troll IB players.

He'll probably sell universal remote, and maybe sunbreakers.

phen0m24

still no hunter helm from crota. got everything else from that raid. gonna try and do flawless 2-man this weekend (to help my friend i screwed out of flawless 3 times) if i can go and complete my IB tasks and buy some heavy ammo synths cause xur won't sell shit except maybe chest engrams to troll IB players.

He'll probably sell universal remote, and maybe sunbreakers.

Pwn why not just hook him up with a Flawless with Drizz/Kadey? :)
Sorry I'm biased as our run was so much fun

Namikaze1

Hot damn, this comment blows my mind apart o_O

What is an example of a run in Destiny that would make you say "yep, totally random"? I'd love to refine my approach to this argument if possible, so please be as specific as you can manage.

You should feel proud, though it might be identified with your Demise, to have your namesake associated with such an effective and glorious weapon.

I wouldn't have any experience with that feeling personally, but I'm sure it's good.
Better than Zoba. His PSN name is associated with one of the worst maps in the game.

Sullichin

Be honest,

Scrap or build up Thunder lord?

Max, Thunderlord is amazing. So good on Arc burns. I take it into ROC strikes like a primary weapon.

Its unique perk doesn't mention that it also has something similar to firefly - kills can trigger AOE lightning damage.

You can take down the stupid soul in the wakening with one clip, and it tears apart Omnigul's shields. Excellent in PVP but not worth the exotic slot there

Hot damn, this comment blows my mind apart o_O

What is an example of a run in Destiny that would make you say "yep, totally random"? I'd love to refine my approach to this argument if possible, so please be as specific as you can manage.

You should feel proud, though it might be identified with your Demise, to have your namesake associated with such an effective and glorious weapon.

I wouldn't have any experience with that feeling personally, but I'm sure it's good.

Clearly we need to run some Monte Carlo simulations

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Monte_Carlo
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_method

(They know!)

Arrrammis

Be honest,

Scrap or build up Thunder lord?
LEVEL IT AND USE IT. LOVE IT. Thunderlord has a hidden perk where it has a chance to cause almost thrall sized explosions on a kill, in both pve and PvP. It also loves headshots and almost goes away from where I'm aiming to get them.

Thunderlord is love. Thunderlord is life.

GhaleonEB

I still feel bad about that time in the Nightfall I had switched my view to Nat and was watching her and Hawkian rez'ed me and I died again and then we wiped shortly thereafter.

:( That sucked.

Nightfall wipes leave you feeling so exhausted. They always come down to a split second that could have played out differently. Don't feel too bad; every wipe I've had left me with those thoughts of how the last moments could have played out differently.

On that note, this week's is really brutal without any burns, we got pretty spoiled the past few weeks. I went into it thinking it would be a chore. But while Omnigul was a long fight...holy hell it was intense and satisfying to clear it. Even with the crappy legendary auto rifle (second of the same kind) as the drop. It helps that I had a great crew, but it was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

But that was with my level 31 Hunter. We'll see how my 30 Warlock holds up. I fear for her.

LordofPwn

Pwn why not just hook him up with a Flawless with Drizz/Kadey? :)
Sorry I'm biased as our run was so much fun

I owe him. he can solo flawlessly up till crota, just needs some extra dps there. Plus 2 man is fun, relaxing even. but if im unavailable for some reason i can hook him up with someone on here for a run.

Dave_6

Max, Thunderlord is amazing. So good on Arc burns. I take it into ROC strikes like a primary weapon.

Its unique perk doesn't mention that it also has something similar to firefly - kills can trigger AOE lightning damage.

You can take down the stupid soul in the wakening with one clip, and it tears apart Omnigul's shields. Excellent in PVP but not worth the exotic slot there

LEVEL IT AND USE IT. LOVE IT. Thunderlord has a hidden perk where it has a chance to cause almost thrall sized explosions on a kill, in both pve and PvP. It also loves headshots and almost goes away from where I'm aiming to get them.

Thunderlord is love. Thunderlord is life.

Reading this is killing me! This and Red Death are the only two exotic weapons I still don't have (not counting the 4th Horseman lol).

Yeah.... No lol. Exotics and armour does not make a player good. It's the strategies and heavy ammo control that generally let teams win. Good exotics do certainly help, but since most people have the popular ones, it makes little difference generally.

map control map control map control map con....

but yeah, every round hinges on a few key points, like heavy, supers (chaining orbs too), etc. Control is based around holding two points, the score multiplier will take care of the rest. Actual weapon and gear loadouts are overrated, I agree. All about doze strats.

Navy Bean

I can't believe I'm slogging thru IB again... But, as I recently started a Titan (L28) it probably is the easiest path to Level 36 gear. Unless I could convince people to drag me through Crota....

I would love it so much if Bungie printed out a physical version of the grimoire. I already have a nice non-sports trading card collection and I'd buy this shit in an instant.

1948074_764415400320433_255833604705942284_n.jpg

I had one too and it only did a wee bit more damage than the Fatebringer so I sharded it.

I have one with Grenadier and Spray n Play that I love because everytime I empty it and reload it it gives me a grenade. But yeah this one will most likely be scrapped due to lack of space.

raindoc

Two weeks ago my friendslist was full of people playing Destiny, now it's maybe a handfull (on a good day). I'm not feeling the love anymore either - Xursday is coming up and all I've done so far is 2/3 NF and 1/3 CE NM.

So... anyone up for something?

EDIT:
Screw it.

Normal Crota's End in 20 minutes. Need to take out my frustration on something.

1) namikaze1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Mememememe!

phen0m24

Nightfall wipes leave you feeling so exhausted. They always come down to a split second that could have played out differently. Don't feel too bad; every wipe I've had left me with those thoughts of how the last moments could have played out differently.

Well, if she or you need help again I'll try to avoid the temptation of "Hey let's watch the other player for a few minutes." :( I didn't realize Hawkian had revived me until it was a biiiiiiiit too late. Doh!

Plus 2 man is fun, relaxing even.

I'm sorry, what? Relaxing? 2 man flawless? Relaxing? Which brings me to:

All about doze strats.

I accomplish this by laying my head down on my desk frequently. Zzzzzz strats

RetroMG

Screw it.

Normal Crota's End in 20 minutes. Need to take out my frustration on something.

1) namikaze1
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Would you mind if I brought a 29 Warlock? It's my only character that hasn't done it this week.

EDIT: Correction - Just hit 30. PSN: RetroMG

boofa

Neo Member
map control map control map control map con....

but yeah, every round hinges on a few key points, like heavy, supers (chaining orbs too), etc. Control is based around holding two points, the score multiplier will take care of the rest. Actual weapon and gear loadouts are overrated, I agree. All about doze strats.

I forgot to vault my Suros to use for the AR bounty and decided to be lazy and use a completely unleveled Vanquisher. I was still wrecking fools and got the bounty w.o even trying within a couple of matches while maining a FR. So yeah, getting a decent team who knows what's up is most important.

RetroMG

So I'm curious as to how geeky the destiny team really is.

The trolley problem is a reference to a classic dilemma in moral philosophy. (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem , http://www.destinydb.com/items/1800424981-the-trolley-problem ). The Monte Carlo is a reference to a method of statistical simulation ( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_method , http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Monte_Carlo ). Am I missing anything else?

Isn't the Marvolo fusion rifle a reference to Harry Potter?

Hey, you said geeky.

Jinjo

Are there any PS4 games on PS store under $50 you guys would recommend? While searching for my 3DS serial number, I came across an unscratch $50 PSN gift card. I need something to take my mind off of things. Destiny isn't gonna help much.

is your offer still available?

Wolfenstein is on sale I think (atleast in the EU). Best shooter I've played on next gen consoles. Real fun game.

Edit: far cry is good too. Wolfenstein is better though.

Arrrammis

So I'm curious as to how geeky the destiny team really is.

The trolley problem is a reference to a classic dilemma in moral philosophy. (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem , http://www.destinydb.com/items/1800424981-the-trolley-problem ). The Monte Carlo is a reference to a method of statistical simulation ( http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Carlo_method , http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Monte_Carlo ). Am I missing anything else?

One of my favorite throwaway lines is when dinkleghost is raiding the hive library, he says "they've broken the bekenstein limit!". I looked it up, and the bekenstein limit says that a finite space can only contain a finite amount of matter. Since they broke the limit, the hive could hide an entire fleet in the eye of a needle and have the " reappear" anytime they want. Kind of mind blowing.

Rawr is a scholar and a kind hearted gentleman. He'll always go out of his way to mark the enemies so you know exactly where they are. Fang perk working as intended (green glow barely visible):

B9a_6-pIMAEafbn.jpg:large

DId you have a bad evening too Rawr?

We (me and other gaffers, not rawr) had a HM Epic Saxxy Scrota Scrubbing for the record books this morning Dhruv, you would have been proud. Constant disconnections, disappearing swords, crazy lag, anything and everything that could go wrong. Had to vaporize some fools with fusion rifles in IB for "relaxation" to channel the rage, lol. When the rage gets really bad sometimes I just have to mute my mic and play some music on my USB drive connected to the PS4, pretty fun.

It was actually really interesting to notice that the sword disappearing so many times corresponded exactly with something weird going on with people's connections, i.e. if someone got DC'ed and then rejoined the game while we were running the encounter the sword would disappear.

Better than Zoba. His PSN name is associated with one of the worst maps in the game.

Did you know zoba has the #135 highest Crucible K/D ratio out of all Destiny players? Something like 3.3, crazy.

I accomplish this by laying my head down on my desk frequently. Zzzzzz strats

lol doze strats are clutch, but not as clutch as rapid fire dick punch strats.

Sigh* alright fair enough. I shall be the lagging bad guy. Carry on :p

edit: meh misspelling on m.gaf

Go ahead iRAWR...tell us about your day.

BTW, I told my kids that you were on the "approved" list of GAF'ers that they can play with, so you may be/may have already got some invites. They kept pestering me about when they can play with "checkpoint-asaurs".

I forgot to vault my Suros to use for the AR bounty and decided to be lazy and use a completely unleveled Vanquisher. I was still wrecking fools and got the bounty w.o even trying within a couple of matches while maining a FR. So yeah, getting a decent team who knows what's up is most important.

I've been maining a FR for a while now, haha. Kinda stupid how viable it is for secondary weapons. It's also nice for the AR headshot bounty since I can swap to primary real quick to finish them off if the FR burst doesn't quite do it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No you're not a bad guy. You are far from it actually. You are one of the most genuinely kind and helpful members of this community
He was making a valid point, though I would also come down on the side of tolerating occasional derails and discussion of occurrences in our active members' lives (to a point, of course, but I'm sure that would have gone without saying).

Community threads... typically have pretty forgiving thresholds as far as what's acceptable. The notion of threads being "banished to Community"- where they'll presumably live out their lives in insular obscurity- is a permeating one on GAF. It's up to the mods of course, but it seems to be the case that as long as multiple pages aren't devoted to completely off-topic threads of conversation, Community threads are threads about the communities in question themselves just as much as they are about the games they surround.

Problem being, of course, that these Destiny threads feel much more like active, teeming Gaming side threads- with easily more than 500 posting participants per thread, even in ebbs of activity like this one. So it can be tough to remember the "Community side treatment." This thread, which marks a clear lull in activity compared to previous ones, and was created later, nonetheless still has 117 more pages and a faster post rate in its slowest phases than Dying Light's- a very new release which is still firmly on Gaming Side
please buy it, I'm terrified a sequel is not yet secured
. In the threads inhabited by this subcommunity, the atmosphere is such that is really resembles the hyperactive discussions on Gaming that would ordinarily be subjected to more stringent moderation and on-topic/off-topic thresholds.

But as has been pointed out, despite the size of the community (and occasional hysterical vitriol) it's a very accommodating and welcoming one, and I definitely don't begrudge anyone who wants to bring a little of their personal goings-on into the discussion now and then.

Top Bottom