• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Atkison04

I have one with Grenadier and Spray n Play that I love because everytime I empty it and reload it it gives me a grenade. But yeah this one will most likely be scrapped due to lack of space.

Let me know if any iron banner trains are going on tonight man. I'll be on around the normal time. I only have tonight, Sunday night and Monday night to hit rank 5. Currently sitting at 2 1/2. Congrats on that Red Death btw. That and Hawkmoon are the only exotic weapons I still want at the moment.

One of my favorite throwaway lines is when dinkleghost is raiding the hive library, he says "they've broken the bekenstein limit!". I looked it up, and the bekenstein limit says that a finite space can only contain a finite amount of matter. Since they broke the limit, the hive could hide an entire fleet in the eye of a needle and have the " reappear" anytime they want. Kind of mind blowing.

Ooh, that's cool. I need to read up more on the lore

vctor182

So much this man so much this! Every Tuesday rolls around and I feel like I need to get it done for the hawkmoon chance. Rinse and repeat every week.

Once I get that fucker I feel like I can finally start playing the game and enjoy just a bit more without worrying about trying to get loot :(

Yup, feels like a new game to me! No more pressure, rage, sadness I am free of RNGesus at last!

We (me and other gaffers, not rawr) had a HM Epic Saxxy Scrota Scrubbing for the record books this morning Dhruv, you would have been proud. Constant disconnections, disappearing swords, crazy lag, anything and everything that could go wrong. Had to vaporize some fools with fusion rifles in IB for "relaxation" to channel the rage, lol. When the rage gets really bad sometimes I just have to mute my mic and play some music on my USB drive connected to the PS4, pretty fun.

Shudders, I wouldn't wish Lag Scrota on anyone, that's terrible.

phen0m24

That video is the worst. The. Worst.

Insult to injury to not only delete his 31 but then the second highest char and then the Plan C on the last char too.

Dang Bungie if you see this equip his (the offender's) char with all white gear and only let him find Khvostovs in chests and drops from now on, and let every chest take away glimmer instead of earning more.

I can't believe I'm slogging thru IB again... But, as I recently started a Titan (L28) it probably is the easiest path to Level 36 gear. Unless I could convince people to drag me through Crota....
i think we're doing HM tonight but I can run you through the first two sections tomorrow night if your on.

Edit: can even do it tonight if you're on. Will probably take 10-15 minutes.

Namikaze1

Insult to injury to not only delete his 31 but then the second highest char and then the Plan C on the last char too.

Dang Bungie if you see this equip his (the offender's) char with all white gear and only let him find Khvostovs in chests and drops from now on, and let every chest take away glimmer instead of earning more.
Or better yet, his account gets banned. Or Bungie goes "Whoops!" and deletes his characters from their servers.

I like the latter more.

Namikaze1

I can't watch that video. what's going on in it?
Asshole offers to help a kid get his characters to 30 or something like that. Kid let's him take control of his game through Shareplay. Asshole deletes his highest character and does the same for his second highest character. He then logs in to the kid's third guardian and deletes his sole exotic on that character.

shermas

Just completed my first CE raid and got swordbreaker... I'm guessing the gun is rubbish, but the raid was fun.

I had zero clue what I was doing. The bridge battle was pretty cool.

phen0m24

Or better yet, his account gets banned. Or Bungie goes "Whoops!" and deletes his characters from their servers.

I like the latter more.

Yeah, but that's too easy. You go out and buy a new PSN card.

I was taking the "death by a thousand cuts approach."

He logs in the next day and his exotic is a Khvostov. "What the?"

He goes to Xur and the only thing available is Khvostovs. "WHATTTT?"

He plays Crucible and every kill registers as a death, and every death registers as 2 deaths.

Have the lady that played Eris record a line "I wish I could have seen the look on your face when your account died..." oooh so evil

He'll never want to play again.

border

I am looking to do the Weekly Heroic on my 32 Hunter. Will bring my Abyss Defiant so we can destroy Omnigul pretty quick. Anyone else want to come?

PS4 PSN: border199x

LordofPwn

I'm sorry, what? Relaxing? 2 man flawless? Relaxing? Which brings me to:

yeah 2 man on normal crota is actually pretty relaxing. only have 1 person talking in your ear and you rarely have to tell them things. we know what to do. the toughest part is getting across the bridge. and thats like 7 minutes into the raid.

One of my favorite throwaway lines is when dinkleghost is raiding the hive library, he says "they've broken the bekenstein limit!". I looked it up, and the bekenstein limit says that a finite space can only contain a finite amount of matter. Since they broke the limit, the hive could hide an entire fleet in the eye of a needle and have the " reappear" anytime they want. Kind of mind blowing.
The description of the Against All Odds has a direct reference to C-3PO's quote in The Empire Strikes Back. There are tons of these.

The quote from Empire:
C-3PO: Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating an asteroid field is approximately three thousand, seven hundred twenty to one.
Han Solo: Never tell me the odds!

The description of the Against All Odds:
Threat assessment calculates your odds of survival at 3,721:1...unless you pull this trigger.

LiK

Asshole offers to help a kid get his characters to 30 or something like that. Kid let's him take control of his game through Shareplay. Asshole deletes his highest character and does the same for his second highest character. He then logs in to the kid's third guardian and deletes his sole exotic on that character.

wow, that's awful. Bungie def needs to do something about that since they have video proof.

Tawpgun

wow, that's awful. Bungie def needs to do something about that since they have video proof.

Not sure if Bungie has total authority to do that. They didn't really do anything technically illegal, they were just super big douchers.

At most, they can help the kid out somehow. If they do have total final say authority they can punish the other users. Dunno how that works.

Tweet it at Deej, Luke, urk, Dan - and Shuhei

GAF Uprising

I'm confused about who posted the video, was it the kid who got his stuff deleted, the mother of the kid who got his stuff deleted, or the guy who deleted it all?

Someone should capture and save this youtube video for proof in case it goes down.

SaganIsGOAT

Could you imagine if he played as much as graverobber? This is every Destiny players worst nightmare. All those hours, wasted. All the other things you could have done with those wasted hour wisp off into the distance.

phen0m24

Not sure if Bungie has total authority to do that. They didn't really do anything technically illegal, they were just super big douchers.

At most, they can help the kid out somehow. If they do have total final say authority they can punish the other users. Dunno how that works.

Just turn all of his gear to common and prevent leveling up.

Every single thing he earns in the game grants him 1 XP. Then when he reaches Level 2 it resets to Level 1 again. Forever.
mwahahahaha I'm sadistic

I'm confused about who posted the video, was it the kid who got his stuff deleted, the mother of the kid who got his stuff deleted, or the guy who deleted it all?

Someone should capture and save this youtube video for proof in case it goes down.

From the comments, I believe it was the Mom that posted it, D. The kid eventually shows up in the comments as "My name is George.."

Well, no Crota run. Didn't had enough people. I'm just gonna go watch Big Hero 6 instead.

When things get heated up the best song to play is I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen.

On a different topic, holy shit I feel bad for that kid. But couldn't he have stopped it from happening? Isn't there a way the owner can just cut the link to the other guy?

Namikaze1

It was the kid who posted the video. The video's description has the two assholes' PSN IDs on it though it was Kirmit (it's spelled with an i in the vid) who deleted his stuff.

Edit: was it the mom? I usually don't read YouTube comments.

Homeboyd

When things get heated up the best song to play is I'm on Fire by Bruce Springsteen.

On a different topic, holy shit I feel bad for that kid. But couldn't he have stopped it from happening? Isn't there a way the owner can just cut the link to the other guy?
He left for a second and came back. Disconnected when he saw his plan c being dismantled but already lost the 2 characters prior to that.

Top Bottom