• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Namikaze1

Yeah you can't, the games are tied to your account AND your system. If you delete your account from a system you actually run the risk of losing everything forever, which is same as losing the system itself. If you registered your games with Club Nintendo it acts as an insurance and you can get your games back on new system, but you need to call them in person. Its a shitty system that has all the flaws of digital content but none of its benefits.
And I never registered the games over on CN so I'm screwed on that. I never linked my NNID to my CN. Well, to my current NNID anyway. I deleted my first NNID back in June by accident and that one was tied to my old CN account.

Gordon

I hate to say this, and thank you very much for the effort, but my original checklist and this are both completely obsoleted by www.destinystatus.com which updates checkpoints automatically for you.
All I can see there is completions at the two difficulties. I have a tendency to lag out right as drops happen so I often miss one in the middle. B.net hasn't even been able to keep very good track for me lol - this week one of my titans has cleared the first three drops from CE and Atheon on hard, but b.net is lighting up the first box for VoG. Shenanigans.

Ryck

Anyone have a fully upgraded NLB? A friend of mine just told me that a friend of his ( I know ugh) just said that it's super effective for making Crota kneel? Surely a joke right?

Also updated list for Templar run, we will go as soon as we have 5.

Already have the Templar CP ready to go.

Psn:

1.Ryck007
2. Friend
3. US-Frostburn

Your Nintendo ID is tied to a specific system only, not an online account you could sign in to on any system and download your content (Yes, its super archaic in this day and age and VERY Nintendo) so basically with your Nintendo ID you can sign in to one 3DS and one Nintendo Wii U no more then that. If you were to upgrade your 3DS you actually need to delete your Nintendo ID and all content from the old system and transfer it to the new system through a fairly complicated process. It is horrible but if you want to use a portable system with digital games it is something you have to deal with.

He MAY be able to call Nintendo and get them to remove his info from the old system but it is not the norm.

Yeah you can't, the games are tied to your account AND your system. If you delete your account from a system you actually run the risk of losing everything forever, which is same as losing the system itself. If you registered your games with Club Nintendo it acts as an insurance and you can get your games back on new system, but you need to call them in person. Its a shitty system that has all the flaws of digital content but none of its benefits.

That sounds horrible, guys.

Even if it's possible it sounds complicated as fuck.

I remember when we couldn't deactivate PS3's on a browser and how I found that awful. You could download your stuff 5 times tho so it was less infuriating I guess.

Anyone have a fully upgraded NLB? A friend of mine just told me that a friend of his ( I know ugh) just said that it's super effective for making Crota kneel? Surely a joke right?

That can't be right. I guess it does decent damage cause it's a sniper rifle but a sustained DPS is needed and that's one thing NLB can't provide. Unless several people are using it and they time their shots perfectly

Frostburn

Psn:

1.Ryck007
2. Friend
3. US-Frostburn

Your friend's friend is wrong, it took a group of 6 very good players a LONG time to get Crota to kneel with just NLBs. It was more of a challenge for them to see if it could even be done.

Ryck

Your friend's friend is wrong, it took a group of 6 very good players a LONG time to get Crota to kneel with just NLBs. It was more of a challenge for them to see if it could even be done.
Figured as much, probably would have had a laugh at him upgrading it and trying it out.

Namikaze1

I'm just hoping that the bus driver found it. I have to call again tomorrow morning for an update. Deep down I know that I'm never getting it back.

lunlunqq

Psn:

1.Ryck007
2. Friend
3. US-Frostburn

I'd like to join. Can I grab the exotic chest after templar? PSN: lunlunqq

Ambitious

Is it worth going after Rank 5 in IB for Ghaleon's Demise if I have a Satierienne Rapier w Explosive Rounds (LOVE this gun)? I see it's got a slightly larger clip and more impact, but no explosive rounds.. decisions decisions..

Huh. I think it's both the most fun Strike and the best for quickly taking care of a variety of bounties.

Yes, I think so. Quoting myself:
Speaking of which:

There's a Reddit thread with lots of comments and comparisons. Apart from the lower RoF, it seems to be worth it. I'm going to get it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All I can see there is completions at the two difficulties. I have a tendency to lag out right as drops happen so I often miss one in the middle. B.net hasn't even been able to keep very good track for me lol - this week one of my titans has cleared the first three drops from CE and Atheon on hard, but b.net is lighting up the first box for VoG. Shenanigans.
Oh you're quite right. It doesn't do the checkpoints, just completion

Namikaze1

Bus company called back. Deep down I knew I wasn't gonna get it back but it still hurts. All they found on both buses were a doll, a small envelope containing pictures, and baby food.

To whoever has it, please finish my second play through of Ocarina of Time for me you jerk.

spyder_ur

Updated list:

HM CE Abyss, Bridge, Crota (skip hallway and deathsinger, unless people need them)

Tonight at ~9:15 Eastern

1) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00)
2) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
3) dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
6)

Please quote and add yourself.

If you're looking for one, I'm down for this tonight. Not 100%, but will let you know if I can't join.

spyder_ur

Namikaze1

Are there any PS4 games on PS store under $50 you guys would recommend? While searching for my 3DS serial number, I came across an unscratch $50 PSN gift card. I need something to take my mind off of things. Destiny isn't gonna help much.

Trying to join, says fireteam full with 3/6 people in there.
EDIT: Oh cause you're in the tower and the instance is full. Duh

worst top of page post
is your offer still available?

Greenymac

Are there any PS4 games on PS store under $50 you guys would recommend? While searching for my 3DS serial number, I came across an unscratch $50 PSN gift card. I need something to take my mind off of things. Destiny isn't gonna help much.

I snagged FarCry 4 for 30 bucks on Amazon last week... If you see it for a fair price, Ill play with you. Ive heard good things, but never played the franchise.

Edit: still in shrink wrap.

stb

If you're looking for one, I'm down for this tonight. Not 100%, but will let you know if I can't join.

spyder_ur

Added!

Looks to be a great group.

Updated list:

HM CE Abyss, Bridge, Crota (skip hallway and deathsinger, unless people need them)

Tonight at ~9:15 Eastern

1) ich00 (PSN Ichabod00)
2) stb (PSN berried_treasure)
3) dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1)
a2)

Please quote and add yourself. We're technically full, but could use an alt in case schwagger's roof caves in from all the snow or whatever.

Well..

Driveclub. Me Dhruv, Macello, Kartik and others are gonna be playing this weekend.

TellTale Collection. There's an offer right now for all Telltale Games (TWD Season 1, TWD Season 2, Wolf Among Us, Tales From The Borderlands and Game of Thrones) for $44. It's a good deal if you like that kind of game.

Superstardust Ultra. If you like arcade shooters. This game is perfect for everyone tho. So fucking good.

Also, I think you can get Dragon Age Inquisition for $41 too.

I snagged FarCry 4 for 30 bucks on Amazon last week... If you see it for a fair price, Ill play with you. Ive heard good things, but never played the franchise.

It's brilliant and i believe its on sale right now. I saw a couple of good games on sale yesterday

edit** yup Far Cry 4 for $36. Shadow of Mordor for $25

Damn that's cheap man. Might jump on Shadow of Mordor

Greenymac

Bus company called back. Deep down I knew I wasn't gonna get it back but it still hurts. All they found on both buses were a doll, a small envelope containing pictures, and baby food.

To whoever has it, please finish my second play through of Ocarina of Time for me you jerk.

Just read back and saw this... MFERS!

Greenymac

Well..

Driveclub. Me Dhruv, Macello, Kartik and others are gonna be playing this weekend.

TellTale Collection. There's an offer right now for all Telltale Games (TWD Season 1, TWD Season 2, Wolf Among Us, Tales From The Borderlands and Game of Thrones) for $44. It's a good deal if you like that kind of game.

Superstardust Ultra. If you like arcade shooters. This game is perfect for everyone tho. So fucking good.

Im down for score challenge on Stardust...

I just need to get back into form....

Namikaze1

Well..

I had both DA and FC4 but idiot me sold both towards The Order 1886. Yes, I regret selling them after the reviews. I regret it even more after losing my 3DS cause now I have nothing to keep me busy till Bloodborne.

I'm not sure why you find some people's questions regarding the loot formula so offensive and ignorant.

My apologies. I didn't mean to cast aspersions on people who perceive it differently. I don't think those who think its anything less than random are right, bit it's hardly an absurd hypothesis. The question's just hard in general because of the way we evolved. C.F gambling addictions. It's frustrating, bit I didn't mean to imply I'm some god above the fray

PSN has some amazing deals right now. Plus you get $15 credit for spending $100. Too bad my ass is broke :-/

Added.

Havent played Destiny in almost 2 weeks. Anyone up for Nightfall? I can be any class and be effective with my arsenal....

I'll be on tonight. If you still need to do them I'll do them with you

SgtCobra

Iron Banner in a nutshell:

- Hunters with golden Guns and Tripmine Grenades
- Suros Regime
- Vex Mythoclast
- Snipers
- Panic Fist of Havoc

Enjoy your Iron Banner matches.

It definitely gives it a competitive feeling though, normal Crucible matches aren't that challenging in comparison with an IB one.

Im down for score challenge on Stardust...

I just need to get back into form....

Lol same.

I like to think that I was really good on the PS3 version (100%'ed the game and the DLCs) but I have still to invest a lot of time on PS4. Will probably do it this weekend.

I had both DA and FC4 but idiot me sold both towards The Order 1886. Yes, I regret selling them after the reviews. I regret it even more after losing my 3DS cause now I have nothing to keep me busy till Bloodborne.

Sucks man. I still wanna play The Order for "the most gourgeous graphics in a console game ever" plus I like QTEs, but I'm not paying $60 for it...

My apologies. I didn't mean to cast aspersions on people who perceive it differently. I don't think those who think its anything less than random are right, bit it's hardly an absurd hypothesis. The question's just hard in general because of the way we evolved. C.F gambling addictions. It's frustrating, bit I didn't mean to imply I'm some god above the fray

I see what you mean.. But with gambling, for every run that makes you think there is a pattern, there is another run that makes you say "yep, totally random". With Destiny, you just keep seeing things that feel outside of realm of possibility. And the next thing you see makes you say "yep, something's up".

Shito

I know the feeling Nami, as I was saying earlier I got my house visited a few years ago. Got my PSP, Vita, PS3, laptop and 3DS stolen. I lost everything on my 3DS, and didn't buy a new one for months: I had to forget this loss before. Took me 5 minutes to change my PSN and Steam passwords, and the day after I bought a new PS3 and recovered everything but the disc that was in my stolen system. That's why I can't understand people still defending nintendo's backward way of thinking and stupid account system...

Anyways, take the day off games, think about something else and don't beat yourself too much for what happened today. Sometimes shits just happen, and there's no changing them once they have. Take your mind to something else why it still hurts, and come back to us soon. :)

Namikaze1

I may buy Far Cry 4. I never beat it when I had the retail version.

Right now, I'm looking at getting:
Wolfenstein + Metro Redux
Wolfenstein + Mordor
Metro + Mordor
Far Cry 4 + TWD Season 2
Far Cry 4 by itself

So fucking pissed. Lost my 3DS. Shit must have slipped out of my coat pocket on the bus. I had my headphones connected to it but I didn't had them on. If it fell, I would have heard. Motherfucking Majora's Mask was in it. When I got home, all I found was my headphones. I'm so pissed right now and wanting to cry. Fucking hell. Nearly $300 gone in an instant. Problem is I don't know which damn bus I lost it on. I took 3 buses today and I know I didn't lose it on the first since I was listening to music then.
My apolgizes for your lost. It's sucks however this has no relations to the destiny OT at all and derails the thread. These type of things should either be posted in the off topic or on a personally blog. I know it's prob easy to mention it here since everyone is really friendly with each other. We don't want everyone posting shitty events that occurs to them every day. So keep that in mind next time.

Edit: and this page is derail a lot now..meh

Dave_6

I'm down for whatever. If at least 2 of us need deathsinger, we can probably manage it even with my 31 ass weighing us down.

Do you have a third character you need the deathsinger drop on, though?

Nah, I ran NM twice the other night with my two alts. This will be my Hunter's first go at CE this week.

Top Bottom