• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Greenymac

Lol same.

I like to think that I was really good on the PS3 version (100%'ed the game and the DLCs) but I have still to invest a lot of time on PS4. Will probably do it this weekend.

Sucks man. I still wanna play The Order for "the most gourgeous graphics in a console game ever" plus I like QTEs, but I'm not paying $60 for it...

Was top 50 ps3 until I went cold on it....

My apolgizes for your lost. It's sucks however this has relations to the destiny OT at all and derails the thread. These type of things should either be posted in the off topic or on a personally blog. I know it's prob easy to mention it here since everyone is really friendly with each other. We don't want everyone posting shitty events that occurs to them every day. So keep that in mind next time.

I thought the "community" section was so we can have these types of derails? Kind of like our own little family within GAF where we all have played together and can lean on each other a bit.

Anyway...sorry for your loss Nami. I always like to think of the could have been worse scenarios when this stuff happens. Makes me feel better.

noomi

I may buy Far Cry 4. I never beat it when I had the retail version.

Right now, I'm looking at getting:
Wolfenstein + Metro Redux
Wolfenstein + Mordor
Metro + Mordor
Far Cry 4 + TWD Season 2
Far Cry 4 by itself

mordor 100% what a fantastic game! also far cry 4 is great :)

LTWood12

My apologies. I didn't mean to cast aspersions on people who perceive it differently. I don't think those who think its anything less than random are right, bit it's hardly an absurd hypothesis. The question's just hard in general because of the way we evolved. C.F gambling addictions. It's frustrating, bit I didn't mean to imply I'm some god above the fray

This is why I love Destiny Gaf so much. Thank you for the thoughtful response. Something like this would have easily turned into ad hominem argument on pretty much any other gaming message board.

I work in insurance, so probabilities are something I deal with every day. Part of that is always looking at patterns, so I'm sure that's bled into my thoughts on Destiny.

Hope we can play together sometime. Cheers.

Shito

My apolgizes for your lost. It's sucks however this has no relations to the destiny OT at all and derails the thread. These type of things should either be posted in the off topic or on a personally blog. I know it's prob easy to mention it here since everyone is really friendly with each other. We don't want everyone posting shitty events that occurs to them every day. So keep that in mind next time.

Edit: and this page is derail a lot now..meh
Aaaaw, come on. I understand your concern, and I can share it somewhat, but it's not like this kind of things happen every day. Nami has participated to the topic of this thread more than his share, I think we can be a bit lenient on this once in a while. And yeah, it's also being part of a community: personal life sometimes finds its way into it.

I see what you mean.. But with gambling, for every run that makes you think there is a pattern, there is another run that makes you say "yep, totally random". With Destiny, you just keep seeing things that feel outside of realm of possibility. And the next thing you see makes you say "yep, something's up".

Oh yeah, that's the frustrating thing. Because this is actually a designed system, it's totally plausible that it's less than random. If it were just a natural phenomenon it would be much easier! I think Occam's razor points to the direction of devs just relying on randomness for the weird distributions we see, but that's not the only explanation. I guess I'd just like to see a little epistemic humility on everyone's parts. Randomness is hard. Our subjective impressions are probably worse than useless in determining what's actually going on.

LTWood12

After reading the last couple pages, I feel like a complete NOOB that I've never done a raid :(

No need to feel like that. You're in the right place to find people. Add me on PSN (LTWood12) and I'd be glad to help you through one sometime. Hawkian does a newbie raid every week, so you might check and see if he has any spots left.

vctor182

Me playing Destiny before getting Hawkmoon:
angry-german-kid-o.gif

Me playing Destiny after getting Hawkmoon:
zohan-o.gif

I have every exotic weapon I wanted. i am finally playing nightfall, raids, weeklies without any stress. I can see the colors of Destiny and appreciate Dregs and Thralls blowing up everywhere and dropping green weapons. Even the cryptarch's quotes and ass energies are funny.

phen0m24

After reading the last couple pages, I feel like a complete NOOB that I've never done a raid :(

Welcome to the GAF Destiny mothership. You are surrounded by people that have done them dozens of times and then some. When you see someone put one up, throw your name in the hat and get in there.

Even better, look for posts by Hawkian, as tonight (maybe your lucky day) he is doing a noobie-only raid. He does them every Thursday.

E92 M3

Me playing Destiny before getting Hawkmoon:
angry-german-kid-o.gif

Me playing Destiny after getting Hawkmoon:
zohan-o.gif

I have every exotic weapon I wanted. i am finally playing nightfall, raids, weeklies without any stress. I can see the colors of Destiny and appreciate Dregs and Thralls blowing up everywhere and dropping green weapons. Even the cryptarch's quotes and ass energies are funny.

It's the best feeling playing Destiny without a care in the world about drops. That's why I never understood people that quit after they get what they want lol.

nOoblet16

I know/assume you're joking but I definitely don't look at it that way. Considering how easy it is to wipe runs due to glitches, lag or very small mistakes from team members, I want to make sure every sword is right on point when I'm helping groups beat HM. Can't remember the last time I screwed up a sword run, unless I'm intentionally testing some damage per shield break method and hit enrage too soon. That's not a reflection of any supposed skills on my part, anybody else could do the same. It's just that easy with hunters and invis is that OP for maximizing damage.

Titans have always been by far my favorite class to run sword, you can fly like Superman with the upgraded height jump and the R1 sword mobility in air. Also, not sure if you saw it but I responded to your post last night with a Scrota Math breakdown for damage, fyi.
Yea I did read it and I managed to take him down today it two tries, would have done it in first if it wasn't for the sword vanishing due to a glitch.

I tried to do it without invisibility today but it was a bit tricky with timing but I had really shitty teammates who would take ages to kill the swordbearer and fire 2 seconds after I say fire (I always account for lag when I say fire so I say it a second before I am suppose to say it)...and not take care of the boomers who would eventually kill me sometimes. Getting away from Crota himself wasn't that hard.

I thought the "community" section was so we can have these types of derails? Kind of like our own little family within GAF where we all have played together and can lean on each other a bit.
Seconded. The Halo community OTs are full of derails, it's just how a community centered around a game should be.

noomi

It's the best feeling playing Destiny without a care in the world about drops. That's why I never understood people that quit after they get what they want lol.

So much this man so much this! Every Tuesday rolls around and I feel like I need to get it done for the hawkmoon chance. Rinse and repeat every week.

Once I get that fucker I feel like I can finally start playing the game and enjoy just a bit more without worrying about trying to get loot :(

Shito

I've done two raids total: VoG and CE, once each.
Did solo some of the CE parts a lot, though. ^^

Don't worry, you'll fit in just fine, we are quite "hardcore" into the game but it doesn't mean you have to complete every activity the game has to offer each week to be a part of this community. As long as you bitch on Xur each Friday it'll be fine. :)

cilonen

Well..

Driveclub. Me Dhruv, Macello, Kartik and others are gonna be playing this weekend.

TellTale Collection. There's an offer right now for all Telltale Games (TWD Season 1, TWD Season 2, Wolf Among Us, Tales From The Borderlands and Game of Thrones) for $44. It's a good deal if you like that kind of game.

Superstardust Ultra. If you like arcade shooters. This game is perfect for everyone tho. So fucking good.

Also, I think you can get Dragon Age Inquisition for $41 too.

I'm down for some DC this weekend too :)

E92 M3

Seconded. The Halo community OTs are full of derails, it's just how a community centered around a game should be.

I think a little derail every now and then is healthy lol. We're a relatively close-knit thread that's welcoming to new comers. In fact, I think DGAF is most welcoming!

So much this man so much this! Every Tuesday rolls around and I feel like I need to get it done for the hawkmoon chance. Rinse and repeat every week.

Once I get that fucker I feel like I can finally start playing the game and enjoy just a bit more without worrying about trying to get loot :(

Very liberating right? Enjoy that HW; by the time I have a chance at it won't be surprised to find it nerfed!

ezekial45

Banned
Playing IB sucks so much. I want the gear, but it's such a nightmare trying to get some decent wins consistency. I just played 6 games and I only won 1 of them. If you're up against a team decked out in good exotics and raid gear, you're pretty much fucked. And ok top of that, you have teammates bailing halfway .

>_<

phen0m24

My apolgizes for your lost. It's sucks however this has no relations to the destiny OT at all and derails the thread. These type of things should either be posted in the off topic or on a personally blog. I know it's prob easy to mention it here since everyone is really friendly with each other. We don't want everyone posting shitty events that occurs to them every day. So keep that in mind next time.

Edit: and this page is derail a lot now..meh

:(

As one big happy GAF Destiny family, I hope we can be cool with posts in between our Destiny rants and raves about:

Weather in Ohio
or anywhere else
;) at Checkpoint
People with ill grandparents :(
Discussions of other games we're playing upon Destiny burnout
Reasons why we aren't playing Destiny (school, ParentGAF, etc.)

Real life happens. I care about you bunch of equally-Destiny-addicted weirdos. Post away.
Is this not our virtual Destiny support group? ;)

Playing IB sucks so much. I want the gear, but it's such a nightmare trying to get some decent wins consistency. I just played 6 games and I only won 1 of them. If you're up against a team decked out in good exotics and raid gear, you're pretty much fucked. And ok top of that, you have teammates bailing halfway .

>_<

Yeah.... No lol. Exotics and armour does not make a player good. It's the strategies and heavy ammo control that generally let teams win. Good exotics do certainly help, but since most people have the popular ones, it makes little difference generally.

Shito

Sigh* alright fair enough. I shall be the lagging bad guy. Carry now :p
I don't think anyone sees you as the bad guy, really. You just voiced your opinion, and it created a rather healthy and calm discussion about it. That's what I like the most about this community here: no real drama, and people staying civilised even when they don't agree.
Also, I will never forget we owe you quite a number of Gorgon CPs on reset day, so you really can't be a bad guy. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I see what you mean.. But with gambling, for every run that makes you think there is a pattern, there is another run that makes you say "yep, totally random". With Destiny, you just keep seeing things that feel outside of realm of possibility. And the next thing you see makes you say "yep, something's up".
Hot damn, this comment blows my mind apart o_O

What is an example of a run in Destiny that would make you say "yep, totally random"? I'd love to refine my approach to this argument if possible, so please be as specific as you can manage.
You should feel proud, though it might be identified with your Demise, to have your namesake associated with such an effective and glorious weapon.

I wouldn't have any experience with that feeling personally, but I'm sure it's good.

Top Bottom