• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Yo... I need 5 dumb-asses to run HM Atheon from the Gorgons with me... Unless someone has the Atheon HM checkpoint.

Looking to start in about 30 mins

1) Me, GKW212
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

PS: 3 more shots at a Horn this week (3 Atheon kills). If it drops, I delete a non-Ghorn exotic of GAFs choosing.

Since I am also playing IB this weekend: If it drops there, I will also shard a non-Ghorn exotic.

I think Bungie should restore the kid's characters but I doubt they or Sony can ban that kermit guy. He technically didn't break any rule. The kid handed control over to him.

Yep, pretty much. Also what kind of account the kid is using, I think the secondary accounts cant use sharedplay

DId you have a bad evening too Rawr?

Go ahead iRAWR...tell us about your day.

BTW, I told my kids that you were on the "approved" list of GAF'ers that they can play with, so you may be/may have already got some invites. They kept pestering me about when they can play with "checkpoint-asaurs".
everything's fine :p yeah I saw I got a fr and was wondering who it was, till I read the msg. I feel honor I am on the approved list :) I won't disappoint you!

It's just a game bruh
its different for each person. It is "just a game" but it's the principle behind it. investing hours then suddenly some asshole ruins it. It's crushing no matter what the x hours investing into y.

Lnkn52

So I'm officially single now as of last night (had the "final" convo)... what are we going to do tomorrow night to "celebrate?"

I will be in extra-special super-duper HM tomorrow night. Perhaps a hysterical IB train? Full HM Atheon raid?

That sucks dude. I've reached that braking point so many times with my girl since Destiny.

Damn.. That sucks. Hopefully Bungie can ban those guys.

The only reason I don't really feel bad is that he didn't even think about it when the supposed change to exploit the game appeared. On that age you should already know what's right or wrong.

Come on. Kid is 11. He may know right or wrong on a macro level but I think it's a little much to assume he knows when someone is about to be a d-bag in a video game.

Homeboyd

he did lose the plan c before, the only exotic he had left at that point...
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Not sure what you mean when you say "he did lose the plan C before"...

From what I saw;

- Troll took control of his account
- Kid who is streaming gets up (or leaves) and isn't watching for a moment
- Troll deletes his best 2 characters
- Kid comes back
- Troll goes to his last character and deletes his plan c
- Kid sees this happen and disconnects share play
- Eventually signs back in and sees that the troll deleted his 2 characters

Right?

So he couldn't have disconnected to save his characters because he didn't see it happen.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn.. That sucks. Hopefully Bungie can ban those guys.

The only reason I don't really feel bad is that he didn't even think about it when the supposed change to exploit the game appeared. On that age you should already know what's right or wrong.
Basically the only lesson the child can learn is that it's inappropriate to trust anyone regardless. The asshats could easily have just offered to "show you a quick way to level weapons" or something that wouldn't even have seemed like a cheat, obtained control (moment of trust) and done the exact same thing.

That's what's really shitty, that there's only this sort of cynical result of value to the kid's upbringing. In essence, now he's conditioned to say no, no matter what- which we'd likely all say is the right and obvious choice- but is its own kind of sad as well, because, for example, I wouldn't hesitate to offer to assist a kid I was playing with with something via shareplay... but they shouldn't trust me, because I could be this.

nOoblet16

Thanks to MrGamer for his sword help. That resurrection for the final takedown was great. Back from the dead ! haha

I got the Crux and No Land Beyond, coupled with the 4th Horseman I got yesterday I can be the ultimate troll now !

phen0m24

So I'm officially single now as of last night (had the "final" convo)... what are we going to do tomorrow night to "celebrate?"

I will be in extra-special super-duper HM tomorrow night. Perhaps a hysterical IB train? Full HM Atheon raid?

Oh man another 3 man Crota? HM Atheon might be pretty rough.

I'll be around! Let's rock something.

Holy Hard Mode Batman

Lnkn52

Basically the only lesson the child can learn is that it's inappropriate to trust anyone regardless. The asshats could easily have just offered to "show you a quick way to level weapons" or something that wouldn't even have seemed like a cheat, obtained control (moment of trust) and done the exact same thing.

That's what's really shitty, that there's only this sort of cynical result of value to the kid's upbringing. In essence, now he's conditioned to say no, no matter what- which we'd likely all say is the right and obvious choice- but is its own kind of sad as well, because, for example, I wouldn't hesitate to offer to assist a kid I was playing with with something via shareplay... but they shouldn't trust me, because I could be this.

It's really sad especially hearing him cry at the end. The innocence of that child was lost that day.

That sucks dude. I've reached that braking point so many times with my girl since Destiny.

Thanks. It was my choice. It was a long-distance thing that just lost momentum. I feel surprisingly good about it today and have a couple people taking me out for a night on the town that will certainly lead to some bad decisions (hopefully).

Haha, it had nothing to do with Destiny though. I do hear that a lot that the DGAF better halves tend to enrage frequently.

shermas

what's the best thing to spend glimmer on? I keep hitting the 25k cap and don't really want to just waste it... is there a no brainer way to spend it?

Oh man another 3 man Crota? HM Atheon might be pretty rough.

I'll be around! Let's rock something.

Holy Hard Mode Batman

Yeah, it's going to be mad-rough tomorrow night. I'll be slurring by 5:30pm if I have my way.

That said, I can promise that the shit that comes out of my mouth will need to be recorded and posted to youtube on a no-name basis.

Iceman829

I can't believe I'm slogging thru IB again... But, as I recently started a Titan (L28) it probably is the easiest path to Level 36 gear. Unless I could convince people to drag me through Crota....

Well you know I can run you through the first section of crota anytime you need me.

phen0m24

Yeah, it's going to be mad-rough tomorrow night. I'll be slurring by 5:30pm if I have my way.

That said, I can promise that the !@#$ that comes out of my mouth will need to be recorded and posted to youtube on a no-name basis.

Well NIlla said he couldn't record chat - unless we were streaming on Twitch - but your guy on the screen was funny enough.. hahahaha

Well NIlla said he couldn't record chat - unless we were streaming on Twitch - but your guy on the screen was funny enough.. hahahaha

Are we not allowed to say the s-word anymore? If so, I can't promise tomorrow will go well.

I'm cool with Twitch streaming. Might as well see what all the hoopla is about.

ethomaz

Banned
Yo... I need 5 dumb-asses to run HM Atheon from the Gorgons with me... Unless someone has the Atheon HM checkpoint.

Looking to start in about 30 mins

1) Me, GKW212
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

PS: 3 more shots at a Horn this week (3 Atheon kills). If it drops, I delete a non-Ghorn exotic of GAFs choosing.

Since I am also playing IB this weekend: If it drops there, I will also shard a non-Ghorn exotic.
Can you share the Gorgon checkpoint with me for the chest?

rNilla

It can be done I think, I just didn't have it enabled. Not sure about when you are in a Party though.

EDIT: Or maybe that's just for my mic. I have no idea. I am a voice recording n00b.

I'm down for it. Only have Gorgons CP though. As for IB drops, this was from a match yesterday. Loot system confirmed, last place drop rate is real.
Rubenov scrubbing it up with that sub-1.0 :p

B-MGQ8nIEAArkLR.jpg:large

Hot damn, this comment blows my mind apart o_O

What is an example of a run in Destiny that would make you say "yep, totally random"? I'd love to refine my approach to this argument if possible, so please be as specific as you can manage.

Hawk...I did this a few weeks back, and this feels random (a couple of 3's/4's and a couple of 0's):

RNG -

Did a little PWH RNG simulation using this web app:
https://www.random.org/

Here were my rolls:
Code:
		15 Rolls	30 Rolls
1	Dragon's Breath	1	2
2	Gjallarhorn	0	2
3	Hard Light	1	1
4	Hawkmoon	2	2
5	Ice Breaker	0	2
6	MIDA	        0	2
7	Monte Carlo	1	1
8	No Land Beyond	2	3
9	Patience Time	0	1
10	Plan C	        0	0
11	Red Death	0	0
12	SUROS	        3	4
13	4th Horseman	0	1
14	The Last Word	2	3
15	Thunder Lord	1	3
16	Truth	        2	2
17	Universal 	0	1

Looks like the GHorn Gods don't shine on me until roll 24, but at least I got a Thunderlord. I didn't get a shit ton of Dragon's Breaths either. Looks more balanced then my time with Destiny. Most of my exotics are bounties or Xur.

Plus, as a bonus, a reply to a post about "of course you get dupes when you have a lot of stuffs".

I keep hearing that, but don't believe it. I have "lots", but mostly from Xur and exotic bounties. When it comes to "dropped" weapons, it's almost always P&T, DB, NLB, MIDA. I've had a couple of outliers where I got one, Hawkmoon, Truth, Suros, and Monte Carlo, but have never had the following drop - GHorn, Thunderlord, Icebreaker, Plan C, 4th horsemen, TLW, red death, hard light.

How can I have:

I think some OP exotics have a smaller chance to drop than other exotics. Or there is some other bug.

Shito

I hope y'all aren't breaking up with your significant other's over Destiny lol, the game isn't worth that.
I've been playing the game with her ever since it released. ^^
We had a few arguments about our fuck ups in the game, though, when one of us stupidly dies during a nightfall for example...
She's breaking up with Destiny, though, getting bored with the lack of content and all. :(

Yeah, navy.. just give iceman control of your screen! He'll run it for you!

Nothing bad will happen. Promise.
Iceman will say he's running the abyss but really he'll be off somewhere in the vault of glass. You'll only see his name on the screen far off somewhere else.

I can do bridge for you on normal as well, just have to hope I get across first time so it's quick.

Edit: wrong quote meant that for navy.

Top Bottom