• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

kidko

Why would they go to the trouble of adding the daily and weekly missions widget on bungie.net and not include the modifier/burn info.... jeeeeez

Zoidberg

Update is out. Their big strike annoucnment was matchmaking for the heroic only...what a build up for absolutely fucking nothing. wow

BokehKing

Banned
Boom

Until now…

As part of 1.1.1, we’re changing the Weekly Heroic Strike to be a matchmade activity. Why? Let’s ask Design Lead M.E. Chung.

M.E. We wanted the Weekly Heroics to be a challenge that pushed you and your buddies, but what we observed was that these strikes don’t demand the same cooperation of a cohesive pre-made group. The overwhelming community response was such that many players didn’t have the numbers on their friends list to experience the activity on a weekly basis.

Can I still solo the Weekly Heroic?

M.E. No, this change applies to all levels of the Weekly Heroic.

What about the Nightfall?

M.E. No change. Since players are kicked to Orbit on team wipe, we want people to be able to preserve that group so they could give it another go.

So, no matchmaking for Raids neither?

M.E. No, but we are keenly aware of the issue. We think good Raid sessions rely on groups of communicative players who are invested in each other, but we know that it’s challenging for many players to find groups for Raids and Nightfall today. We are thinking hard about how we can help make that an easier experience in future releases.

You had a terrible game, congratulations!

B-PY4odCUAA1XPf.jpg:large

Ambitious

Weekly Update

Summary:
  • Matchmaking for the Weekly Heroix (not NF)
  • Xur will now always bring Exotic Engrams
  • Crucible maps and Strikes won't be repeated that often
  • The next IB will include DLC maps and more bounties
  • Bugged Grimoire cards will be fixed

Shito

I don't like that change.
Why not make it *an option*?
Now what happens when the game's popularity falls down and you can't find 2 more people to do the weekly with you?

We'll see how this works out, but I'm not too fond of this.
Otherwise, as usual, a whole lot of nothing. Apart for the announcement of Xur not forgetting his exotic engrams. I'm sure that means that he WON'T have any tomorrow, of course.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can't opt out? I hope they give us options at least

I'm sure this is the new "content" to hold us over until HoW
No, it's just like normal strikes now.

But why opt out anyway? Although I know you love to solo Omnigul.

I don't like that change.
Why not make it *an option*?
Now what happens when the game's popularity falls down and you can't find 2 more people to do the weekly with you?

We'll see how this works out, but I'm not too fond of this.
Otherwise, as usual, a whole lot of nothing. Apart for the announcement of Xur not forgetting his exotic engrams. I'm sure that means that he WON'T have any tomorrow, of course.
Strikes will start eventually if it doesn't find a good match anyway. People were using that NAT error thing so that they could load into the Earth strike and do spinmetal farming without having to travel via the Patrol.

k1t4j

Weekly Update

Summary:
  • Matchmaking for the Weekly Heroix (not NF)
  • Xur will now always bring Exotic Engrams
  • Crucible maps and Strikes won't be repeated that often
  • The next IB will include DLC maps and more bounties
  • Bugged Grimoire cards will be fixed

I thought Bungie had no control over Xur, that's why he always brings the same weapons, sometimes the same one in a row

0.o

raindoc

That seems like a well invested account. I would think that the abuse of the share gameplay feature to harass other users would warrant a ban on PSN.

I hope so as well - IMO that's clearly an intentional abuse of the service provided by Sony, with the single aim to harm another player/customer. I would feel very uncomfortable as a customer, if incidents like that were ignored.

How about Xur not forgetting Heavy Synth? That one thing would be a huge boon for the community. It's like they are trying to get us to bitch and moan.

Like the idea of matchmaking for Weekly, always should have been there.

Also good to hear they are looking into improving Raid matchmaking. They are only at the "idea" stage, but it is pretty clear an ingame LFG system is what they would develop. Would be a perfect fix

Mindlog

Almost 400 kills The Bigger They Are and Walking Tall later...
CWvOT7c.gif

Eat a dick Boomers.

The weekly is much more tolerable with a Gjallarhorn.

... Weekly update. Wait. What?
I want to punch something in the throat.
Ah, had to wait until the patch at least anyways.
Throat punch crisis averted.

"Grimoire cards will drop when they're supposed to"

A little too late no? I can't go back and get some of those cards. The only way is to create a whole new character

I missed the blurb at the end. Glad to see they are looking into a more robust character deletion process. Something like that should be a 2 step process with outside authentication approval.

That poor kid.

Really? No matchmaking for the NF? Everyone thinks its stupid you are KTO on a loss anyway, just start over from the beginning. I'll take it for the weekly I guess.

jaaz

I missed the blurb at the end. Glad to see they are looking into a more robust character deletion process. Something like that should be a 2 step process with outside authentication approval.

That poor kid.

What happened? I can't see the video from where I am at.

Top Bottom