• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

spyder_ur

Watching that video with the kid getting his stuff erased was excruciating. Must've been particularly tough for all the fantastic Destiny dads I have played with. You're good folk.

Homeboyd

Yeah that kid isn't going to get any help:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12440

Can I use PlayStation's Share Play to invite friends to view or play Destiny?

Yes, you can use Share Play with Destiny. If you Share Play with someone, the viewer in control of your game has access to your gear, items, and character. This can result in dire consequences. Please note, Bungie cannot recover deleted characters, items, and gear.

Please exercise caution when using Share Play with strangers.

For more information, please see the PlayStation Share Play FAQ.

The moment when you rush to put up a bubble for boomers, and realize you have no super.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17ZOuzdx7Y

Cant-Touch-This-MC-Hammer-Dance-Gif.gif

Sorry for not helping with Crota DPS lol

k1t4j

The moment when you rush to put up a bubble for boomers, and realize you have no super.

Sorry for not helping with Crota DPS lol

Ah that was you, that was pro man I told you that :D.

I was thinking, "wtf is he doing jumping around there" hahahaha

someday

Banned
I think Bungie should restore the kid's characters but I doubt they or Sony can ban that kermit guy. He technically didn't break any rule. The kid handed control over to him.
I don't think they can ban him, but Bungie could delete his highest character(s) and some hard to get exotics.
what's the best thing to spend glimmer on? I keep hitting the 25k cap and don't really want to just waste it... is there a no brainer way to spend it?
Heavy ammo without a doubt.

Homeboyd

They can fuck up Kermit though.
I mean, I agree they should, but I don't know that they "can" or will. Violating... the spirit of the game? I'm not sure.

Those guys deserve to be kicked in the nuts irl, I just don't think Bungie will go around banning people for being dickbags. They wouldn't have any player base left if that was the case.

Well, I just got back into playing the game this week. Saved up some Vanguard Marks to buy that chestplate with the fur on it. Only needed a Commendation, so I leveled up my Vanguard points, and what awaited me?

http://xboxclips.com/BlueNinja+BE/80ffbc47-a603-4963-a9f9-2ed064d32774

I'm not even equipping an exotic atm. There's just nothing I want. :lol Maybe if I can get my No Backup Plans switched for the post-patch version, but I still think the system is a disgrace.

Not buying the DLC until it goes on sale, though. I must remain firm.

Yo... I need 5 dumb-asses to run HM Atheon from the Gorgons with me... Unless someone has the Atheon HM checkpoint.

Looking to start in about 30 mins

1) Me, GKW212
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

PS: 3 more shots at a Horn this week (3 Atheon kills). If it drops, I delete a non-Ghorn exotic of GAFs choosing.

Since I am also playing IB this weekend: If it drops there, I will also shard a non-Ghorn exotic.

You are still doing atheonx3?

Iceman829

You guys and gals on PS4 should hit him up and help him run through some story missions, etc to get him back to 20+ and then run some nightfalls/raids etc with him. I'd help him if he was on xbone.

I can help you get your Thunderlord if you like. Just let me log into your account.

Hey at least his K/D wasn't 0.01. Give the person a break

13-10-1.44 is the 2nd best stat line on that screen, maybe the best. The scoring system is pretty stupid, doesn't translate well to team success. E.g. you get fewer points for kills when you have 1 point capped compared to 2 points, but getting kills with 1 cap is critical for flipping spawns/establishing map control, etc. Usually higher degree of difficulty whereas kills with two caps is often sitting back in favorable positions. E.g.2 not all deaths are created equal, dying under domination feeds them 300+ points compared to only feeding 150-200 when you have 1-2 points.

Just thought it was funny since Narmer posted about GH drops in IB, apropos.

sagemerrill.jpg

Did you guys see his name in the credits? I wonder if he's still nerfing everything lol.

More importantly, why aren't there spacebeards if he is involved??

Sign-ups! First come first serve. Newbie Raid this week is Vault of Glass.

If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 2/19 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday - 2/22 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (5 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.

I can attest for the Newbie Raid being a great experience. I have run CE twice since the Thursday "class" (once fully and the other time from the Deathsinger save) and I can actually contribute ideas/tactics based off of what I learned from Newb School.

I signed up for Sword School this week so I can have a fun/no pressure environment to learn how to take out Crota.

Steroyd

One more chance at the crux this week then I'll be 0/13....come on game...show me some love @_@.

What are you talking about? The game is showing you love by not giving you that POS gun.

Nah, everyone should get Necrochasm just to see how truly crap it is, seeing is believing.

What are you talking about? The game is showing you love by not giving you that POS gun.

Nah, everyone should get Necrochasm just to see how truly crap it is, seeing is believing.

Because its another shiny yellow thing for me to chase. I don't care if its a pos or not. People say hard light blows too, but I need it as well.

13-10-1.44 is the 2nd best stat line on that screen, maybe the best. The scoring system is pretty stupid, doesn't translate well to team success. E.g. you get fewer points for kills when you have 1 point capped compared to 2 points, but getting kills with 1 cap is critical for flipping spawns/establishing map control, etc. Usually higher degree of difficulty whereas kills with two caps is often sitting back in favorable positions. E.g.2 not all deaths are created equal, dying under domination feeds them 300+ points compared to only feeding 150-200 when you have 1-2 points.

Just thought it was funny since Narmer posted about GH drops in IB, apropos.

We always talk about Randos not understanding control but can you blame them? The system encourages capping all 3 points, which is detrimental for the end goal of winning the match

That was brilliant, I didn't see it as I was rocketing Crota so I had no idea how you were distracting the boomers over there :)

Edit: was that from this morning's run or did you pull it off again :) ?

Nah morning I got the super but still had to dodge for few seconds, this time it was hopeless :p

Top Bottom