• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Arrrammis

Does anyone have a good method for preventing the sword bearer from wandering off in the Crota fight? Currently it's about a 50/50 shot if he'll sit in the open for us or run behind a rock somewhere.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay waiting on Baby. He's in a Nightfall.

Sorry Bob. Got full faster than I could type Cosmos is free.

Just completed Crota HM with Dr.Drizzle, SlenderBeans, LTWOOD, and other Gaffer's.

What a great team to play and beat Crota HM with. They were patient and knew how to react to every situation that came up and they carried me threw it. I loved it.

Now for Crota HM.

Fuck that shit. My heart was racing at Crota's end.

I am never playing Crota HM again. I will play and plan on playing Crota Normal mode tomorrow though.
Even though I don't plan on doing Crota HM again I recommend that you should at least try and beat him once. There's this weird satisfaction on knowing you killed crota when he's supposedly at his worst.

Ryck

FATEBRINGER IS MINE! BEST DAY EVER. FATEBRINGER AND GJALLARHORN IN ONE DAY!
Congrats on Fatebringer, my absolute favorite weapon in the game. It took me a long time to get it as well. I got it last month finally after many many attempts. Enjoy it!

GutZ31

FATEBRINGER IS MINE! BEST DAY EVER. FATEBRINGER AND GJALLARHORN IN ONE DAY!

Talk about huge payout.
Congratz!

awesome.gif

Just unlocked all the stability perks on The Last Word. Oh my. I think I am unworthy of the weapon. It deserves someone better at PvP

Had a great run tonight. No cheese Crota with a solid group. I showed Crota my Gjallarhorn and he knelt in reverence. Of course he continued his stingy bastard ways and refused to give me a raid weapon, but I at least got the helm for my Warlock. One party member got the crux.

I think it only took us like 3 attempts at Crota to down him. Only used 1 synth. That's the way to do it.

I'm not quite sure what's happening. Is weapons of light granting a ton of bonus damage or something?

The titans create bubbles on crotas spawn point for 10 minutes which will generate dozens of orbs that stay there, the sword carrier then is able to R2 + super every sword down (since he has a million orbs around him). If you bring down the swordbearer super fast you can get in 3 kneel phases with 1 sword, which means you can kill him with one sword using the R2/super combos as much as possible.

Two or three people could do this too, just having a titan or two generate bubbles on his platform for an hour or until 50+ orbs are on the ground. The more titans, the faster it'll go.

Its a hilarious idea although to make it go fast enough you'd need a ton of titans, and the timing is super tight since the SB stays close to crota gathering orbs as he gets up, and is in grave danger of dying to him or the boomers. A wipe would mean repeating the orb generation again for 10 mins.

Got my 2nd crux in two runs today, I'm pretty much all done with crota's end now I think. Never got one of the speeders but who really cares about those.

FiraB

Banned
man never let your partner wait on you to finish something in destiny, she has hid my ps4 power cord because i made her wait way to long to serve dinner. Gonna be looking for that cord for hours tomorrow in order to play, fucking crota why didnt you just die.

M3Rocket

Does anyone have a good method for preventing the sword bearer from wandering off in the Crota fight? Currently it's about a 50/50 shot if he'll sit in the open for us or run behind a rock somewhere.

When you go back into the crystal room between swords, everyone should go to the middle window area and wave at the sword bearer. Have a couple of people keep an eye out for thralls wandering in, but everyone stay in the middle crystal room and watch the swordbearer come out/spawn at the door. We find that if we hang out there/shoot at the window, more often than not, the swordbearer will come towards the party and end up below the middle platform.

As for him running behind the left/right rocks, just shoot rockets and throw grenades to the outsides of the rock to force him back inside. Or better yet, if you have someone with armor piercing sniper, just shoot at him through the rocks. Your team's swordbearer can also jump down and draw him out for the team to DPS. Just watch out for the GK in Hard Mode if you do that.

I don't use Fusion rifles much. What are thoughts on Plan C vs Pocket Infinity? Preferably in PvE since that is what I mostly do, but PvP is good to know too.

GutZ31

I don't use Fusion rifles much. What are thoughts on Plan C vs Pocket Infinity? Preferably in PvE since that is what I mostly do, but PvP is good to know too.

Plan C all day.
Pocket infinity is a broken mess. Everytime they try to fix it, they patch in a new glitch that the gun just doesn't work as advertized.

kidko

Plan C all day.
Pocket infinity is a broken mess. Everytime they try to fix it, they patch in a new glitch that the gun just doesn't work as advertized.

Yeah, pocket infinity is broken now, but it was amazing before. I have faith it will return again someday...

Rainmaker

Banned
I've never done hard mode Crota. Just hit 32 the other day. I'm looking for a group if anyone is down to show me the ropes. PSN: The_Sacred

Top Bottom