• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Yeah, no, they can't keep new players / players who don't raid much or at all out of the loop for a DLC they paid for. My bet is that all the "they don't respect my time" whines will only lead to new vanguard gear being even more of a pain in the ass to grind for. I totally expect new stop gates to make 32 people feel happy about themselves for a few weeks after the DLC releases. And if you think about it, this is exactly what they were aiming for with the commendations...

The thing is when TDB launched people were upset because it took so damn long to get gear in The VOG. This time around, most people have had a much easier time getting to the level cap so I don't think that many people will be upset. The one problem that still remains is that these "expansions" with their light level raises are coming out too soon. I hope they don't make it more difficult to get the new vendor gear because that will effect everyone, including the players who raid on a weekly basis.

Rainmaker

Banned
Had a group get me all the way to Crota on hard for the first time but then it fell apart. If there are five people around that wants to join me at Crota (level 32 titan, no gjallhorn) I'll be on. Don't have much to do. PSN: The_Sacred

Thanks for helping out on that run guys. Got my Word of Crota, so I've officially got everything the hard raid can offer, chill time until house of wolves.

Whats the best way to go about flawless raider these days?

For flawless raider, its Crota's End on normal. Its short and very easy once youre a lvl 32.

Manp

Hey, my haul this week was, crappy legendary fusion rifle (sharded), crappy legendary scout (sharded), 11 coins...

i got knucklehead radar (my hunter is lvl 2) and some new monarchy scout rifle :| coins would have been better.

i can't really complain tho, i already have everything i want and more :)

Hey, my haul this week was, crappy legendary fusion rifle (sharded), crappy legendary scout (sharded), 11 coins...

Hmm let me think if I can remember..2x Crota Hard kills..maybe Dragon's Breath?, Hunger of Crota from normal Crota. Nightfall 1 I cant even remember and nightfall 2 was No land Beyond. Atheon and the Gorgon Chest granted me noting. But its whatever at this point. Everything is most likely shards for me.

I just want the Crux so I can stop playing hard mode. It's not fun anymore. :(

I gave HM a third try today. I'm probably never going to touch it again. As much as I would love to get every weapon, it's not not worth the pain. Not until we can hit 33 at least.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i'm lvl 26 at the moment. i only have legendary secondary/heavy weapons and legendary legs. everything else is blue. but once Xur visits I should have same weapons but 1 exotic and 3 legendary armor. not sure what level that will take me up to.

will i be ready to do raids then? or should i focus on upgrading armor/getting better weapons? i just don't want to join a raid and be that guy who isn't prepared and lets the team down. also since it's my first time i'll need people who are willing to show me how it's done.

Midas

I gave HM a third try today. I'm probably never going to touch it again. As much as I would love to get every weapon, it's not not worth the pain. Not until we can hit 33 at least.

I got all weapons already, lucky me or something. But yeah, it's too unforgiving. It was fun a few times, now it's just a battle against RNG.

Regarding hard mode; how is everyone playing it? Run down under the small towers and kill the ogres or triple down? What's the best tactic?

Rainmaker

Banned
I've been trying so hard to do the hard mode CE to completion tonight for the first time. I was pretty excited to get all the way to Crota but now every time I find a team (hard enough as it is) something happens and they disband or they don't want me because I don't have Gjallahorn. Good times.

i'm lvl 26 at the moment. i only have legendary secondary/heavy weapons and legendary legs. everything else is blue. but once Xur visits I should have same weapons but 1 exotic and 3 legendary armor. not sure what level that will take me up to.

will i be ready to do raids then? or should i focus on upgrading armor/getting better weapons? i just don't want to join a raid and be that guy who isn't prepared and lets the team down. also since it's my first time i'll need people who are willing to show me how it's done.

What is your class? I would recommend getting a exotic helmet since the raid helmet are the hardest drops. You can do VoG normal as a lvl26. You might be a tad bit squishy but thats alright. Well how much vanguard marks and crucible marks do you have as well?

Hzoltan69

Fresh normal CE run

1. Hzoltan969
2. Jizza88
3. Ikkarus
4. Kitaj84

Need two more. Starting as soon as we are full.

Manp

mmm, you know i feel the opposite. after doing only HM on the past couple of weeks going back to normal feels kind of wrong.

we screwed up a couple of times while killing Crota on normal yesterday while we did it on the first try on hard, go figure... granted we have some badass sword guys :D

i also got the Crux and Light of the Abyss yesterday... i just want Hunger :|

Spiders

Regarding hard mode; how is everyone playing it? Run down under the small towers and kill the ogres or triple down? What's the best tactic?

My group has tried the triple down tactic, but it's much too inconsistent. Going to one of the ogre towers works every time for us.

We always have a Striker flashbang the ogre as soon as it spawns so we can kill it before it can even see us, and then we can safely snipe the other ogre from there.

LiK

My group has tried the triple down tactic, but it's much too inconsistent. Going to one of the ogre towers works every time for us.

We always have a Striker flashbang the ogre as soon as it spawns so we can kill it before it can even see us, and then we can safely snipe the other ogre from there.

Don't even need to flashbang it. The DPS from the group should kill the Ogre in the room in less than 5 seconds, literally. Never had any problems. Only one time someone's nade got the Ogre to retreat into the door and he spawned outside in the center,

Midas

We've only succeeded with triple down. Every time we tried going to the towers Crota insta killed the swordbearer on enrage. Maybe it was just buggy the two days we tried. I'll convince the guys to at least try the tower tactic a few times next time we play. Thanks.

LiK

We've only succeeded with triple down. Every time we tried going to the towers Crota insta killed the swordbearer on enrage. Maybe it was just buggy the two days we tried. I'll convince the guys to at least try the tower tactic a few times next time we play. Thanks.

Crota enraged when you were going into the tower? I'm thinking he caused too much damage to Crota during second round.

Midas

Crota enraged when you were going into the tower? I'm thinking he caused too much damage to Crota during second round.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. When he enraged during the third sword, after the ogres, he stood up instantly and just killed the guy with the sword. No animation from kneeling to standing. It happened every time we tried. So maybe it was just extremely buggy when we played.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. When he enraged during the third sword, after the ogres, he stood up instantly and just killed the guy with the sword. No animation from kneeling to standing. It happened every time we tried. So maybe it was just extremely buggy when we played.
He does that sometimes. I think it's due to the patch fixing the disconnect glitch.

Midas

He does that sometimes. I think it's due to the patch fixing the disconnect glitch.

Sometimes feels like an understatement. :) He only did it once when we did the triple down tactic, but we wipe quite a lot during that tactic... We should try the tower tactic and see how it goes next time. Too many wipes during triple down yesterday.

Do you _need_ two titans for tower tactic? Or is it just extra safe with two bubbles?

Top Bottom