• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3Rocket

Any kind soul willing to share a gorgon checkpoint with me? I'll be eternally* grateful.

*enternity reset every Tuesday at 4:00am Bungie time.

I'll be sitting in the maze for awhile via remote play. Join on me and send a psn message when you spawn in and I'll wipe.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ok I have a couple of questions regarding some weapons that get a lot of love on GAF. I have never seen the beginning of these conversations so I've missed the reasons for the outpouring of effection.

Weapon 1 - The Saterienne Rapier.

Weapon 2 - Three Little Words

They both look like great guns. But what is setting them apart that they deserve so much attention?
I have the Rapier and haven't found a reason to use it over other scout rifles that I have. I haven't had TLW yet but would have likely held onto it just due to the high impact rating.

What's the story morning glory?

Ok I have a couple of questions regarding some weapons that get a lot of love on GAF. I have never seen the beginning of these conversations so I've missed the reasons for the outpouring of effection.

Weapon 1 - The Saterienne Rapier.

Weapon 2 - Three Little Words

They both look like great guns. But what is setting them apart that they deserve so much attention?
I have the Rapier and haven't found a reason to use it over other scout rifles that I have. I haven't had TLW yet but would have likely held onto it just due to the high impact rating.

What's the story morning glory?

People went nuts for rapier because it has fatebringer perks. I don't have one, but I like scout rifles with a little more impact.

Three little words is supposedly a monster after the buff, and one of the few high impact fusion rifles out there. I just got it last night, but it'll take some getting used to since I've been using oversoul edict the past week.

People went nuts for rapier because it has fatebringer perks. I don't have one, but I like scout rifles with a little more impact.

Three little words is supposedly a monster after the buff, and one of the few high impact fusion rifles out there. I just got it last night, but it'll take some getting used to since I've been using oversoul edict the past week.

For sure, if you can get a Badger with Firefly, that would be ideal. Rapier is pretty damn good though. I've found the slightly lower impact is rarely an issue.

Killing Crota on Hard right now. Need 1.

PSN - Longhornbevo

Hope you guys get him. The bugs were ridiculous. Sword disappear through ground? Check. Sword Bearer refusing to leave the gate? Check. Boomer teleporting to bridge and shooting us in the Ogre Closet? Check. A fucking R2 that didn't register so Crota enraged, thought we killed him but after 3 hits had a sliver left of health for one more attack we couldn't get? Check. Sword bearer teleport across the map and we miss him before Crota moves? Check.

What a clusterfuck. I had to leave to take care of some stuff. Good luck getting him.

Sullichin

Awesome last minute run. Word of Crota is mine!

Still need:
Hunter chest
Warlock chest
Light of the Abyss
Swordbreaker
I have Hunter & Warlock helmets, but would like versions with Infusion
Crux
The ship and sparrow from Hard mode

Glad I have the HM exclusive drops out of the way except Crux and HM ship (lol) because Normal Mode is just more fun.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Just soloed Crota for shits and giggles without a Gjallarhorn. Fun times and feels like a nice accomplishment... but fuck ever doing that again.

Coming up on nearly 1000 hours of played time and still no Gjallarhorn... feels bad =(

Sullichin

Just soloed Crota for shits and giggles without a Gjallarhorn. Fun times and feels like a nice accomplishment... but fuck ever doing that again.

Coming up on nearly 1000 hours of played time and still no Gjallarhorn... feels bad =(

Congrats! I have about as much playtime, no Gjallarhorn, and definitely lack the skill to beat Crota by myself.

On another subject, does Explosive Rounds still break the Phantom Gift perk on Word of Crota? This thing compares pretty unfavorably to Hawkmoon and Timur's Lash besides Void damage.

EDIT: but holy shit I love its super fast ADS time!

EDIT2: nevermind I like it a lot in PVP now. You have to pace your shots so much with TLW these days that you might as well just use this.

Maddocks

I need 3 for hard mode crota, no sword skills in my group right now, so I hope to find a experienced sword user.

psn: maddocks976

Edit: All full.

Busy last say of catching up.

2 full normal runs and a 3rd Crota kill. Had fun running sword but Crota went nuts on me. Took a video. Sworded me while getting up. Nothing but a suros/shard.

2 weeklies via matchmaking and had TERRIBLE teammates. I felt like a medic. Not to mention 1 went ahead at the end and died so we wiped and I had a no die bounty, smh. I waited at the gate of valus to help the 3rd guy get through since he died.

All that took 4 hours >_<

However... Finally finished levelling up the aideon ally.

-make sure your controller isn't broken.
-be young/ have good reaction time.
-good dexterity and the ability to completely move your fingers and hands independent of one another (goes back to the whole rub your tummy pat your head thing. playing piano helps).
-thumb exercises.
-dont play in the cold.
-dont play on a giant laggy TV. anything over 32" is too big IMO and unless you're sitting really far away, it'll be difficult to judge distances and spot players in your peripheral vision.

or just plug in a mouse.

I think that's the problem for me. I play on a 60" panasonic plasma known for input lag and I sit pretty close. It's the first MP shooter I've played on it and it's part of the reason I can't do that well in PVP. The screen is too big and I feel like my eyes have to cover way too much ground. And then there's the lag of course

KodaRuss

Hope you guys get him. The bugs were ridiculous. Sword disappear through ground? Check. Sword Bearer refusing to leave the gate? Check. Boomer teleporting to bridge and shooting us in the Ogre Closet? Check. A fucking R2 that didn't register so Crota enraged, thought we killed him but after 3 hits had a sliver left of health for one more attack we couldn't get? Check. Sword bearer teleport across the map and we miss him before Crota moves? Check.

What a clusterfuck. I had to leave to take care of some stuff. Good luck getting him.

Ya, that was a mess. I switched to my Hunter and we got him though.

But we had another guy get stuck on that pillar like I did after the Ogres and died. Fortunately we were able to take down the over soul and finish Crota. No Crux if you were wondering.

Sullichin

Ya, that was a mess. I switched to my Hunter and we got him though.

But we had another guy get stuck on that pillar like I did after the Ogres and died. Fortunately we were able to take down the over soul and finish Crota. No Crux if you were wondering.

Amazing how long it can take versus how smoothly it can go. Nothing different between the two groups I ran with. No one fucked up too bad and our swordbearers were on point. But sometimes everything that can go wrong will.

Is that actually good? Has anyone tried it?

Not with Destiny, but tried it during PS3 days. And unless the game has option to completely turn off auto-aim and your mouse has built-in adjustment dials for acceleration, sensitivity etc (since no console game has that option), you're better off with a controller.

Captscience ressed to save the day!

KYJEo4.gif

Shito

Which weapon did you use?
Oh, and I feel you: still no LittleJesusHorn for me either.

bitsurugi

To those who were on Team Husk during the hard raid run back in January, are any of you interested in reforming the team and tackling HoW raid (Normal since Bungie will most likely delay hard like TDB) as soo as it is up?

Sure, will definitelly try to tackle an early (no known strats) HoW experience.

Count me in!

Gala

Hi Destiny-GAF! I downloaded Destiny again last night and need your advice what I should do equipment wise!

I played through the Destiny content except the raid back during the release time and briefly played the singleplayer Dark from Below missions all one time.

Is there anything new to Destiny to farm equipment easier? Is there finally a matchmaking for raids? What did I miss?

Hi Destiny-GAF! I downloaded Destiny again last night and need your advice what I should do equipment wise!

I played through the Destiny content except the raid back during the release time and briefly played the singleplayer Dark from Below missions all one time.

Is there anything new to Destiny to farm equipment easier? Is there finally a matchmaking for raids? What did I miss?

If you want equipment, your best bet is to play the raid. It will give you gear to get to level 32 and some unique legendary weapons, also chances of getting exotic weapons.

Do the nightfall and you can get exotic or legendary items. Weekly strikes for strange coins that you can use to buy exotic items from Xur.

ROC strikes and crucible playlist can also reward legendary and exotic items.

Gala

If you want equipment, your best bet is to play the raid. It will give you gear to get to level 32 and some unique legendary weapons, also chances of getting exotic weapons.

Do the nightfall and you can get exotic or legendary items. Weekly strikes for strange coins that you can use to buy exotic items from Xur.

ROC strikes and crucible playlist can also reward legendary and exotic items.

Thanks! Can I do most of this through matchmaking now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom