• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
I just love seeing Sunsinger Warlocks self-rez during IB. It's always another free kill for me. They think they're slick but I'm always watching and I am always ready to blast their heads off with my shotty.
Warlocks was the worst class to deal in our IB group... I was using Hunter to reach some grimories levels.

It is not only the self-rez... he has one hit shield that gives a lot of advantage in the game.

PS. After the self-rez you come back with one hit kill punch too... btw it is the best melee atack in the game... too much range.

ethomaz

Banned
Warlocks are cheap as fuck with that one hit auto-aim melee that hits from across the room.
That is the funniest part... Titans are suppose to be the Melee guy but Warlock overpower them in every single point.

Range: Warlock by a lot
Shield: one hit instead one kill
Power: close to one hit kill focused or one hit kill with Radiance

It is too powerful.

I'm about to run Nightfall with a friend of mine. If anyone wants to join, let me know. No voice chat though.

Lower levels welcome.

MildSoss

Don't forget our double OHK fusion nade.
Those ain't too bad as you actually have to aim with them.

That is the funniest part... Titans are suppose to be the Melee guy but Warlock overpower them in every single point.

Range: Warlock by a lot
Shield: one hit instead one kill
Power: close to one hit kill focused or one hit kill with Radiance

It is too powerful.

Which is even more funnier when the Titan is supposed to be the tank of all the three classes yet i feel like more of one when using a sun singer. They also move like one too. lol

GhaleonEB

Warlocks don't need useless Hunter and Titans skills... Warlocks solo everything... even Raid in Hard can't hold them.

964d484648b03bc6706c6ccf1f69f478.jpg

Now that my Warlock is fully leveled up, I'm trying to play roughly parity with my Hunter, but I'm finding I kind of have to force myself to do so. Nova bomb is a nice room clearer, and Radiance a life saver (literally), but those are only situationally useful...they are no match for what Titan and a Hunter can do in a busy encounter. Floating around doesn't really help. Much of the time when I'm a Warlock, I find myself wishing I was playing as my more agile, deadly and fashionable Hunter.

ich00

Looks like We have a full group for a HM Crota kill starting in 20 mins or so, can anyone run sword? I gave it a few shots yesterday and am not very good at it...

1. me (ichabod00)
2. SAiLO
3. Maddocks976
4. D_psipher
5. Dr_LawyerCop
6. KeanBurke

MildSoss

Now that my Warlock is fully leveled up, I'm trying to play roughly parity with my Hunter, but I'm finding I kind of have to force myself to do so. Nova bomb is a nice room clearer, and Radiance a life saver (literally), but those are only situationally useful...they are no match for what Titan and a Hunter can do in a busy encounter. Floating around doesn't really help. Much of the time when I'm a Warlock, I find myself wishing I was playing as my more agile, deadly and fashionable Hunter.

But one single nove bomb can clear a whole room faster then a blade dancer though, not to mention you don't want to be doing that during a nightfall with lightswitch. =P

Best way to use a warlock is with the boost glide perk, add some agility and instead of floating around try bunny hoping around with it. Makes you much more agile and a whole lot more fun to play.

having trouble figuring out what the best map in this game is now.

burning shrine is ridiculously campy in skirmish these days; teams sitting outside with final round waiting for heavy to come up. it's even worse in control and clash.

i would have said shores a while back, but now teams are exploiting A spawn and it's just really difficult to break setups on the map.

asylum's spawns are too predictable and exploitable and half the map is pointless until heavy spawns

pantheon, exodus blue, and anomaly competitively are awful, especially if the other team is blinking with shotguns or using bubbles. too many oversegmented routes and cluttered sightlines.

blind watch is blind watch. it has its moments.

to be honest, i want to say delphi. C spawn sucks and B is a cluster fuck in control, but in terms of the meta game and map flow, it's consistent and manageable.

i haven't played rusted lands competitively enough to have an opinion, but the entire wall in the middle of the map makes it play slowly unless one team is constantly hunting the other

i'd say cauldron if it weren't for the terrible rumble spawns.

no comment about twilight gap

Navy Bean

burning shrine is ridiculously campy in skirmish these days; teams sitting outside with final round waiting for heavy to come up. it's even worse in control and clash.

i would have said shores a while back, but now teams are exploiting A spawn and it's just really difficult to break setups on the map.

asylum's spawns are too predictable and exploitable and half the map is pointless until heavy spawns

pantheon, exodus blue, and anomaly competitively are awful, especially if the other team is blinking with shotguns or using bubbles. too many oversegmented routes and cluttered sightlines.

to be honest, i want to say delphi. C spawn sucks and B is a cluster fuck in control, but in terms of the meta game and map flow, it's consistent and manageable.

i haven't played rusted lands competitively enough to have an opinion, but the entire wall in the middle of the map makes it play slowly unless one team is constantly hunting the other

Delphi is the most fun IMO. Not really balanced and B is insane but it's always been fun and you can come back from being behind.

But one single nove bomb can clear a whole room faster then a blade dancer though, not to mention you don't want to be doing that during a nightfall with lightswitch. =P

Best way to use a warlock is with the boost glide perk, add some agility and instead of floating around try bunny hoping around with it. Makes you much more agile and a whole lot more fun to play.

You know what's up. Just cause people don't know how to play as warlocks. My voidwalker is never floating around and sunsinger with song of flame is tool most PVE groups don't use. A titan bubble is full of air from the heads of titans

I would say the least shitty maps are Delphi, shores of times, and rusted lands but shores of time has been very annoying lately.
Delphi is the most fun IMO. Not really balanced and B is insane but it's always been fun and you can come back from being behind.

Yeah it's an Unbalanced clusterfuck but it's so much fun

No match for a busy encounter.......against thralls.

6gh.gif

Daemul

I played a Control match on the Anomaly for the first time earlier today and it was awful. Whose fucking idea was it to put that small ass map into the 6v6 game modes? Every single one of my deaths that occurred in the match, I literally couldn't do shit about, not one. Either I was being constantly pushed from behind by my team mates right into the oppositions line of fire, or I would be taken out by an unavoidable rocket due to the extremely cramped nature of the map. I'm not even going to talk about the shotguns, oh lawdy lawd.

If someone can somehow avoid deaths which are not caused by their own mistakes on that map, then they better thank their lucky stars for years afterwards, because I just can't see it happening.

MildSoss

Warlock's are OP for end game content... Slayerage had to switch to his friends Warlock to solo HM Crota... none of his three hunters could get it done.

Yeah, I had a good laugh when i read the description in his video. I wonder if he went and took a long cold shower in the fetus position while sucking on his thumb after he gave back the account. Damn dirty warlocks!

I played a Control match on the Anomaly for the first time earlier today and it was awful. Whose fucking idea was it to put that small ass map into the 6v6 game modes? Every single one of my deaths that occurred in the match, I literally couldn't do shit about, not one. Either I was being constantly pushed from behind by my team mates right into the oppositions line of fire, or I would be taken out by an unavoidable rocket due to the extremely cramped nature of the map. I'm not even going to talk about the shotguns, oh lawdy lawd.

If someone can somehow avoid deaths which are not caused by their own mistakes on that map, then they better thank their lucky stars for years afterwards, because I just can't see it happening.

Just the fact that you can use rockets in that map is just nuts

That's really cool

Namikaze1

I'm hoping to have Midas Multi Tool maxed out tomorrow.

Edit: top of the page again.

Warlocks get back in the cave from whence you came! Let a real Guardian handle this!

Navy Bean

Baboon and weasel. Back to back as I was close to finishing the weekly. Jokes on you, Bungie, I don't even need the damn coins lol.

So glad Weekly matchmaking is in. I didn't have a great experience running the first, but the second two went pretty smooth and I got all three done before the GF could get home. I'd rather run it with my suppressor bros but sometimes I don't have the time to wait for our schedules to align for me to run all three.

I think Firebase Delphi, Twilight Gap, and Rusted Lands are the most balanced. Maybe not so much Firebase, but I've seen people turn the C spawn around plenty of times as long as the team doesn't dumbly jump through the meat grinder window over and over while the enemy has B. I want to include Shores of Time, but C is way too sniper camp friendly. Cauldron might be up there too but I haven't played enough on it.

anomaly reminds me why i've grown tired of modern level design. i can't see shit on this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom