• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
B_Sh8x1XEAABhSe.jpg:large

Joel = DGAF

Flamethrower = Flawless skills

Ellie = Scrota

...ok, I was going through my TLoU photo-mode pictures during the stream.

AMAZING!!!

Guardian Lord.

FLAWLESS!!!

AWESOME group... thanks everybody... perfect run... no fear.

It is called Gjallahorn...

Those little Sun's all over the room really helped clear out the knights too. I think I'm switching grenades on my Warlock after watching that. I like the instant feedback of the grenades sticking, and things going pop...but when throwing 10 of them in a row, I usually miss most of them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I didn't know there was a cylinder you can jump in and hide during Septiks. I stayed in there while my teammates were going at it.

Frostburn

Any Crota's End runs going? I'm headed to PAX and won't be back till Monday night so tonight is the last chance I have to play for the week before reset.

ethomaz

Banned
Those little Sun's all over the room really helped clear out the knights too. I think I'm switching grenades on my Warlock after watching that. I like the instant feedback of the grenades sticking, and things going pop...but when throwing 10 of them in a row, I usually miss most of them.
Solar grenades are the best for crowd control... if you had Sunbreaker then it take 10 seconds to the burn ends.

rNilla

I'm pretty sure I was promised a cupcake.

I have no idea what Nami is talking about. The Necrochasm has destroyed his mind.

I had wanted to give it a go tomorrow, but it looks likely that the kids will have a snow day. I'm crossing my fingers that the kids go to school, and that my wife goes into work on Friday.

What time were you thinking, if it does work out? I can be around.

Congrats on the Flawless run, guys. I need to try it at some point, but I'm honestly kind of terrified to.

Nah, don't let it stress you out. Flawless VoG was a whole 'nother beast, but CE isn't too stressful. Even a wipe on Crota takes ~25 minutes to get back there. Just be sure you are familiar with all the legit encounter strats, nothing fancy required though.

ocean

Banned
Oh man having a cigarette to calm down after that nerve wrecking Flawless.

First run smooth until Sword assholes on Deathsinger got someone.

Second run, we hit a bug at the Bridge. I threw a Flashbang at Swordbearer but he was immortal. Killed him while blind, health regenerd back to half. More hits, bar empty then half full again. "Killed him" a third time then moved out because he was obviously not gonna stay dead. A few seconds later someone died, it was laggy and bugged.

Third run was the charm. Flawless at last!!! So happy. Hadn't felt this thrill since my first Crota run.

I just gotta find some ghosts and I'll be Lord :)

Arrrammis

I normally use fusion grenades, but the solar grenades are great for avoiding thralls.

Plus, I didn't want to risk blowing myself up. (Happens too often)

ethomaz

Banned
Sometime around 12:30ish. I'll be sure to ping you, and post in here to see if Narmer is up for it.
I guess I played with you guys last time... we died near the end of the bridge part due some boomer... it was a really good team but with little time.

You can do that... I will cheer you guys.

No more TLoU screen shots, I promise... for now. Going through my saved pics just makes me super sad that Destiny doesn't have a photo mode. As if I need another reason to sink hundreds of hours into this game.

I guess I played with you guys last time... we died near the end of the bridge part due some boomer... it was a really good team but with little time.

You can do that... I will cheer you guys.

Yeah...That's why I watched the twitch stream. I felt a bit invested since I know how hard you've been trying to get it done. We didn't carve out nearly enough time and spent too much time figuring out the drop. Didn't know that everyone could stay up top but the runner.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah...That's why I watched the twitch stream. I felt a bit invested since I know how hard you've been trying to get it done. We didn't carve out nearly enough time and spent too much time figuring out the drop. Didn't know that everyone could stay up top but the runner.
I learned that with Fig here ;) I tried some flawless with her (she was our solo hunter)... it is easy... 6 guys dropping have a high chance to somebody die :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom