• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Nechrochasm is likely the worst exotic in the game. And it's the reward from the hardest content in the game.

It's weird how they were so honest and straightforward about how overpowered the Vex Mythoclast was -- "This is the reward for the hardest challenge in the game, so it is meant to be the best gun in the game."

I wonder what it is that they meant for Necrochasm to be, if not the best gun?

Namikaze1

Nechrochasm is likely the worst exotic in the game. And it's the reward from the hardest content in the game.
You take that back!

I'll defend the ever living shit out of this gun till the day I die!

YOU GUYS CAN'T MAKE ME FACE THE TRUTH! LALALALALALA! CAN'T HEAR YOU,

cilonen

Agggg, this game is full of crummy legendary auto rifles you've never heard of -- and they're all nightfall rewards!

I've not found any other 331 AR that beats the vendor Up for Anything. I even like it better than Abyss Defiant after the latest AR nerf.

Same impact, but Abyss fires slower when zoomed for reasons only Bungie knows.

I've not found any other 331 AR that beats the vendor Up for Anything. I even like it better than Abyss Defiant after the latest AR nerf.

Same impact, but Abyss fires slower when zoomed for reasons only Bungie knows.

You could change the Focus Fire perk to the Hip Fire perk instead. Just Saiyan

stb

once the three get across they can take over the bridge/totem duty on their side while the people left behind can leave the bridge plate and totems to concentrate on killing the swordbearer and they can cross one by one while the people on the other side keep the bridge up. once everyone is across or everyone left behind on the starting side is dead, the ogres will spawn

OK; that's how my group normally does it (I'm not sure how else you could do it, at least beyond the 4th crosser).

I was just paranoid that I was missing something that made this easier for flawless attempts like being able to despawn the "close side" enemies as though everyone on that side had died, or simply waiting for some timer to expire that made the ogres spawn even if everyone wasn't on the far side.

E92 M3

BALLLERRHORRRN!!!!!

It finally happened. After getting about 22 energies from all three nightfalls, that was gut wrenching by the way. I finished the weekly and got a heavy legendary engram and it decrypted into the Gjallarhorn. I almost lost my damn mind. I had no intention of doing bounties on all three characters but I'm doing that now. I also have about 22 daily packages at my postmasters so I'm pouring all that shit into it.

Congrats! Enjoy it. I love the Gjally reactions - the only weapon that is still somewhat desirable in Destiny.

It's weird how they were so honest and straightforward about how overpowered the Vex Mythoclast was -- "This is the reward for the hardest challenge in the game, so it is meant to be the best gun in the game."

I wonder what it is that they meant for Necrochasm to be, if not the best gun?

Bungie has internal communication problems I think lol.

So I had a terrible idea: after the Tuesday reset, load up the Gorgons CP, set your fireteam to Public and then post on LFG that you are sharing the chest with anyone that wants to join. Would you have a ~full fireteam until the end of time? Interesting sociological experiment, if nothing else.

So I had a terrible idea: after the Tuesday reset, load up the Gorgons CP, set your fireteam to Public and then post on LFG that you are sharing the chest with anyone that wants to join. Would you have a ~full fireteam until the end of time? Interesting sociological experiment, if nothing else.

People do this on Bungie.net all the time. One guy logged 400+ drops for science. Found the chest has ~5% Exotic drop rate over the long haul. At least in that instance.

border

Bungie has internal communication problems I think lol.

What I always imagine is that they originally intended the Necrochasm's Thrall Explosion perk to happen a lot more frequently -- like every single time you got a precision kill. The gun was originally intended to be a super powered auto-rifle version of Fatebringer.

For some reason though they pussied out and throttled it back at the last minute, either because it was too easy to kill yourself with the Thrall explosion or because they thought it'd be too easy to exploit. Or because it would screw up PVP.

Come to think of it, does the Thrall explosion thing even work in PVP? Has anyone been brave enough to take a Necrochasm into the Crucible, even?

cilonen

For extra life or child' play or something similar we should see if we can get a 48hr continuous fireteam going. There should be enough of us to take it in shifts, minimum fireteam of 2 at any one time and I think we could justify it being the "same team" for 48 hours. (24 seems too easy to me considering people solo that),

What I always imagine is that they originally intended the Necrochasm's Thrall Explosion perk to happen a lot more frequently -- like every single time you got a precision kill. The gun was originally intended to be a super powered auto-rifle version of Fatebringer.

For some reason though they pussied out and throttled it back at the last minute, either because it was too easy to kill yourself with the Thrall explosion or because they thought it'd be too easy to exploit. Or because it would screw up PVP.

Come to think of it, does the Thrall explosion thing even work in PVP? Has anyone been brave enough to take a Necrochasm into the Crucible, even?

Gun is completely broken to anyone that uses it for 10 seconds. Not sure how they thought it was worth the effort.

Even if Cursebreaker proc'd 100%, it would still be a mediocre gun. To fix it, the gun should have at least a 300% increase to its Impact with a smalll range nerf. It is compensated by having a small magazine as a tradeoff.

The gun would then "feel" right. Not overly powerful, but strong enough to justify it's existence and effort to acquire.

Vex needs to be returned to its pre-Nerf PvE glory while staying exactly the same in PvP (assuming they fix Special Ammo bug first though)

Gun is completely broken to anyone that uses it for 10 seconds. Not sure how they thought it was worth the effort.

Even if Cursebreaker proc'd 100%, it would still be a mediocre gun. To fix it, the gun should have at least a 300% increase to its Impact with a smalll range nerf. It is compensated by having a small magazine as a tradeoff.

The gun would then "feel" right. Not overly powerful, but strong enough to justify it's existence and effort to acquire.

Vex needs to be returned to its pre-Nerf PvE glory while staying exactly the same in PvP (assuming they fix Special Ammo bug first though)

Whats the max damage a cursed thrall explosion can do in PvP?

Like, if I headshot 1-guy, and it procs, can I 1HKO his two teammates standing beside him?

People do this on Bungie.net all the time. One guy logged 400+ drops for science. Found the chest has ~5% Exotic drop rate over the long haul. At least in that instance.

Pshh I've shared way more than 400 drops.... just not on the same day....

For extra life or child' play or something similar we should see if we can get a 48hr continuous fireteam going. There should be enough of us to take it in shifts, minimum fireteam of 2 at any one time and I think we could justify it being the "same team" for 48 hours. (24 seems too easy to me considering people solo that),

Now you're talking. Destiny has a lot of opportunities for things like that, random acts of kindness. Trying to be the anti-share play-scumbag....

If I can do it you can do it.

You did a flawless solo run?

Depends. Do you have a gjallarhorn?

Mindlog

I gotta say.
The randoms I have run into since reset have been pretty damn great. Killed it yesterday with some random that invited me into their Nightfall. Today without any communication a random player joined me to WRECK Sepiks in the weekly.

Video.

Of course it was another Warlock so smart play was expected.

Namikaze1

Well, looks like the fun will start around 1 pm est tomorrow.

Who wants to join in on the craziness that's bound to happen tomorrow? I'll be doing 3 full Atheon hard runs, 3 full normal Crota runs, and PvP while intoxicated cause it is my 22nd birthday.

E92 M3

Yep, we get a lot of Ballerhorn reactions. It's the one drop that will get the lurkers to come out and post.

That's why I'm happy Xur hasn't sold it yet. That happiness can't be reproduced.

Will watch and cheer!

It was fun making people explode in IB, but totally not practical. Necro needs the Thorn treatment as I always.

Namikaze1

Do you guys remember when Nami said he would never play hard mode crota ever again once he got a crux? Good times.
Do you guys remember when Todd said he would buy everyone a cupcake once he got a HoPF? :p

I went 3 weeks without doing hard mode. I broke that promise yesterday. I just did it because why the hell not.

rNilla

Well, looks like the fun will start around 1 pm est tomorrow.

Who wants to join in on the craziness that's bound to happen tomorrow? I'll be doing 3 full Atheon hard runs, 3 full normal Crota runs, and PvP while intoxicated cause it is my 22nd birthday.

Me! Probably not until later though.

Shito

Meh, got my first "bad" weekly with randoms experience. Laggy, a 31 that must have died 142625 times running into every god damn enemy, and a 32 that did not know how to kill Sepiks. Had to use the window room and LDR my way out of this mess... Got a heavy purple engram for my trouble, which decrypted to yet another crappy legendary rocket launcher. I swear that's about the billion times I've had this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom