• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

....Accurate

B_Sjv9AXEAAReVa.jpg

Besides, she deserved it.
I told her not to steal that toy!!!

B_Sj1ZmXAAAR3jW.jpg

...but she did it anyway.

B_SkX69WwAErNsl.jpg

Sounds good. Anybody else want to tentatively plan on doing flawless CE tomorrow ~12:30pm EST?
SHE DID IT FOR A GOOD REASON! YOU'RE A HEARTLESS MONSTER!
:p

bitsurugi

Congratz to the new flawless team! Well deserved!

My best advice to anyone trying it... forget VoG, CE is the raid to do flawless, so much easier, reliable and faster in case of a failed attempt.

Remember back in the early VoG days, the trophy seemed so impossible (1st team did it in like 50 tries or so), now it's even soloable, who would have thought. In fact, for some groups it might be easier to do it with less people. If you have 4 or 5 or 6 is basically the same for CE, but so less chances of people dying to some random stuff.

ethomaz

Banned
About the solo abyss I have a hint that I just realized today... choose the perk to increase the invisibility time... it makes super easy with Don't Touch Me.

I was doing with the normal invisibility time and I died sometime... after switch to more time I didn't died anymore.

About the solo abyss I have a hint that I just realized today... choose the perk to increase the invisibility time... it makes super easy with Don't Touch Me.

I was doing with the normal invisibility time and I died sometime... after switch to more time I didn't died anymore.

Shadowjack is a must have perk. Trivializes the Abyss.

ethomaz

Banned
That's pretty impressive. I saw the video you posted but I thought it was just a solo crota run. Didn't realize you did the entire raid without dying
There is another guy that did the flawless solo here in GAF... he give me some hints days ago.

He did after the patch... so he had to fly with the sword the bridge (I did the same today but killing the Oger everything got red and I died).

I can tell you guys that the Flawless is way way easy in a fireteam than solo... you just need buddies that don't die.

Edit - Time for some beer... celebration.

There is another guy that did the flawless solo here in GAF... he give me some hints days ago.

He did after the patch... so he had to fly with the sword the bridge (I did the same today but killing the Oger everything got red and I died).

I can tell you guys that the Flawless is way way easy in a fireteam than solo.

You can form the bridge by standing on the plate, no? Just get off before the totems fully activate. Should be easier than trying to get across the bridge without dying instantly. I guess holding off all the thhrawls and whatever else is coming at you while trying to kill the sword bearer might be difficult

ethomaz

Banned
You can form the bridge by standing on the plate, no? Just get off before the totems fully activate. Should be easier than trying to get across the bridge without dying instantly. I guess holding off all the thhrawls and whatever else is coming at you while trying to kill the sword bearer might be difficult
You can't... if you try to form it without totems you get killed... there is no time to form the full bridge.

For solo the best way is flay with the sword... it is really easy (I did in my second try).

I've got a friend who wants to run through CE for the first time, any four people down for a normal CE run in about an hour? I've never run sword duty myself, but I have a 32 hunter, so if no one else wants to I can do it in a pinch.

HigXx

So my Hunter is finally level 32 along with my Titan. Its such a great feeling getting it done. My Warlock now just needs boots to drop but I'll be waiting another week to get the chance :(

You can't... if you try to form it without totems you get killed... there is no time to form the full bridge.

For solo the best way is flay with the sword... it is really easy (I did in my second try).

The jump is super easy with a Titan for sure...However, it's a bit harder with a Warlock or Hunter. I've heard that you can feather the center plate to keep it right in between "built" and "annihilation", but I'd rather take my chances with the jump then run around trying to balance the bridge and kill the sword bearer alone.

ethomaz

Banned
The jump is super easy with a Titan for sure...However, it's a bit harder with a Warlock or Hunter. I've heard that you can feather the center plate to keep it right in between "built" and "annihilation", but I'd rather take my chances with the jump then run around trying to balance the bridge and kill the sword bearer alone.
I did with a Hunter... I'm not doing the jump directly to the top of the bridge... I go to the rocks on the left side of the bridge... no mistake even with Hunter.

I will try to find the video of the guy that teach me.

Mindlog

For me it comes down to Swordbear AI.
If the Swordbear comes center then it's really easy to build the bridge. If the Swordbear veers off to a side then jumping is normally pretty reliable.

I did with a Hunter... I'm not doing the jump directly to the top of the bridge... I go to the rocks on the left side of the bridge... no mistake even with Hunter.

Sure, the rocks to the left are the way to go. I just get flustered when I start slipping on the pointy one. Every time I've had to do it with a team there relying on me, I've made it. When I try to do it for practice, I can never make it. Don't know why.

Here's the video you're talking about. It's the Gaffer who did flawless solo recently.

Bridge Solo Cheese

I haven't tried to replicate it yet. Been busy working on my hunter who's now 28.

Speaking of which... anyone doing normal CE (any part) and feel like carrying a lvl 28 let me know lol

EL CUCO

Finally get to try out Inferno. I'm loving it.

People running by me with no clue that I'm standing right there, we can actually flank enemies now, and no more getting killed by random heavy :D

I dont like the kill sound effect activating for assists though.

Edit: it's definitely glitched out

So my Hunter is finally level 32 along with my Titan. Its such a great feeling getting it done. My Warlock now just needs boots to drop but I'll be waiting another week to get the chance :(

I should be on around then. I can help you out and run sword (or teach you how if you want to try). PSN - Dr_LawyerCop.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I remember some Japanese guy beat Dark Souls with his feet using a joystick. People beating games using fishing rods, DDR controllers, etc on games not meant for them. I want to see something crazy like that with Destiny.

Pons

Neo Member
Need one more for Nightfall on ps4, about to start it with me and a friend.

PSN is PonsArak

Feel free to join up. Thanks.

E92 M3

Speaking of cheesecake, I hope they revamp the exotic weapons to come preloaded with perks but require power upgrades. I don't use a lot of weapons because leveling them up is a hassle.

Namikaze1

Fuck! I only have stuff for cupcakes. :(

I DON'T WANT CUPCAKES NO MORE! I WANT MY DAMN CHEESECAKE!

Going back to playing Destiny or something else then. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom