• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I believe so. It takes a while for the special perk to kick in, and without FS you get fewer shots out at the increased RoF. Since FS lets it spit more bullets, it gets an even higher max RoF, significantly boosting DPS.

2 for 2 with cool, chill DestinyLFG groups. Only did NM VoG and cheesed first half HM VoG, but still... maybe humanity isn't so terrible after all.

Use Field Scout whenever you pop a synth or grab heavy in PvP. Then switch to whatever the hell the other good perk is in that 3-column, perfect balance? Something. What the hell would I know :p Bottom line: best of both worlds.

Ok thanks! I do it on Field Scout as soon as I pump some more experience into it!

So RE: P.Foil, is it really that good or is it just being coveted since it is so hard to find? I managed to snag one a while back but never actually upgraded it. I'm curious now since the Fatebringer and CM are still so good if the P. Foil is up there with them.

Deku Tree

So RE: P.Foil, is it really that good or is it just being coveted since it is so hard to find? I managed to snag one a while back but never actually upgraded it. I'm curious now since the Fatebringer and CM are still so good if the P. Foil is up there with them.

It is a very good high impact Solar max 300 attack Fusion rifle. It is an extremely rare drop from HM Oracles.

it wrecked in PvP pre nerf.. not sure what it looks like now

i don't think there were other legendary fusion rifles with accelerated coils until TDB, but i'm not positive

I'm sure you could find a comporable plug one with accelerated coils

stb

Bridge you have 3 people get across and then the 3 on Home side stick together in a safe spot.

How do you finish it, though?
- Do you eventually have everyone cross? They just wait in a safe spot until it's their turn to cross/sword?
- Or do the ogres spawn eventually on the far side even with people on the close side?
- Or is there a way to despawn the adds on the close side without dying?

_Legacy_

RED DEATH! I JUST GOT RED DEATH!

Running last normal VOG, this beauty dropped at the Gorgon CP. I was asking for it as well, thank you RNGeezus!!

Skele7on

Banned
Just go up to the big thrall hall door on the rocks there and kill away.

you want gorgons???

MandrakeUK thanks for carrying me through, between GF screaming and cats clawing my legs I was a little distracted, the dude that came straight in and got Plan C fuckkk you.

Alright, so after 3x NF, 3x Gorgons, 3x HM Crota, 3x HM Atheon my notable drops were...

poop
crap
doodie
Truth (first updated version so ok)
dupe raid weapon
dupe raid weapon
dupe raid weapon
Praedyth's Timepiece
dupe raid weapon
Universal Remote dupe

The Timepiece would've given a complete set of All raid weapons but I sharded every Swordbreaker I ever received prior to the patch lol.

border

Alright, so after 3x NF, 3x Gorgons, 3x HM Crota, 3x HM Atheon my notable drops were...

poop
crap
doodie
Truth (first updated version so ok)
dupe raid weapon
dupe raid weapon
dupe raid weapon
Praedyth's Timepiece
dupe raid weapon
Universal Remote dupe

The Timepiece would've given a complete set of All raid weapons but I sharded every Swordbreaker I ever received prior to the patch lol.

Yeah I didn't get any decent weapons this week at all. I thought if I rolled two alts I would have a pretty decent shot at getting Hunger of Crota or Black Hammer. But since I levelled my Titan and Warlock I've probably killed Crota 8 times and gotten nothing at all.

On the bright side I did get enough armor to bring my warlock to 32 and I'm just a chestpiece away from getting the Titan to 32.

Yea LFG is mostly terrible at that. People care too much about being the right level especially for Hard Crota.

DGAF > *

1 level below enemis: 32% penalty

2 levels below enemies: 42% penalty

Except for the obvious exception, being 31 vs 32 for HM CE makes way less difference than people typically think. One level under is the real deal break which is why HM CE at Lv33 is such garbage.

you want gorgons???

MandrakeUK thanks for carrying me through, between GF screaming and cats clawing my legs I was a little distracted, the dude that came straight in and got Plan C fuckkk you.

No problem, I normally do have my mic etc but dont today so couldnt hear you.

lol@ that guy, I didnt even know a third person joined and when he got Plan C all I could think was, "working as intended" lol.

Skele7on

Banned
No problem, I normally do have my mic etc but dont today so couldnt hear you.

lol@ that guy, I didnt even know a third person joined and when he got Plan C all I could think was, "working as intended" lol.

haha that's good, a lot of screaming and shouting.

doing it again now if you have another character..

that goes for anyone doing nightfall now add Drubbed

milkham

How do you finish it, though?
- Do you eventually have everyone cross? They just wait in a safe spot until it's their turn to cross/sword?
- Or do the ogres spawn eventually on the far side even with people on the close side?
- Or is there a way to despawn the adds on the close side without dying?

once the three get across they can take over the bridge/totem duty on their side while the people left behind can leave the bridge plate and totems to concentrate on killing the swordbearer and they can cross one by one while the people on the other side keep the bridge up. once everyone is across or everyone left behind on the starting side is dead, the ogres will spawn

border

Does anyone have a Gorgon or Gatekeeper checkpoint they can share? I need to set my Titan and Warlock up to do a little glimmer farming later on this week....

BALLLERRHORRRN!!!!!

It finally happened. After getting about 22 energies from all three nightfalls, that was gut wrenching by the way. I finished the weekly and got a heavy legendary engram and it decrypted into the Gjallarhorn. I almost lost my damn mind. I had no intention of doing bounties on all three characters but I'm doing that now. I also have about 22 daily packages at my postmasters so I'm pouring all that shit into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom