• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was totally going to max all exotics for the day or two after they introduced the farming mats economy but before they announced the exotic reset BS. Never going to happen now., ha.

noomi

I was totally going to max all exotics for the day or two after they introduced the farming mats economy but before they announced the exotic reset BS. Never going to happen now., ha.

This was a big let down for me as well, I remember a Bungie employee making a post once here saying they would not repeat the same for House of Wolves.

Am I the only one who can't kill jack shit with TLW shooting from the hip? I don't know if it's because I'm always used to ADS with HCs but I feel super uncomfortable shooting from the hip and it shows. When I use ADS I do well with it but when I shoot from the hip I look like an idiot losing to guns like the Nechrocasm in a medium range firefight (really happened).

Any tips? I think I'm just so used to aiming with HCs that I'm psyching myself out.

E92 M3

Picked it up when the Oil Rig one dropped :D Haven't reached that point in the game yet though.

I shall be getting it after work. Sunset is like my dream game of Crackdown and JSR - need it finish it up.

Need to use all this glimmer for something

Yeah, but I can't bother to do more than 1 set of bounties a day - just too repetitive for me =/

Hopefully they increase our glimmer cap - because I love hoarding all type of currency. (If I have less than 20k than I have to max it out or get close).

Lnkn52

Finally reached level 20 with my defender titan (6 hours) and equipped extra rng gear. I'm now a level 27! Going to need some help with the raid later on tonight, need some raid gear.

I'm leveling up a Saint 14, any suggestions on what exotic gear is great for an defender titan? I don't have ruin wings :( but I have the other set of exotic gear. Thanks in advance.

I have a goal. My goal is to get every exotic weapon maxed out before HoW is out.

So far, I maxed out:
4th Horseman
Gjallarhorn
Truth
Thunderlord
Suros Regime
Hawkmoon
Universal Remote
Vex Mythoclast
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
Thorn
Patience and Time

Need to max out:
Plan C
Super Good Advice
Pocket Infinity
The Last Word
Bad Juju
Invective
No Land Beyond - totally forgot about it
(I feel like I'm missing a few more.cant remember their names though)

Just wait for them to all be reset in HoW. They will say they were just kidding about not making the same mistake again.

Edit: what about Mida?

Haybro

It's so funny to watch the Destiny binge every tuesday morning...

Reset hits and DGAF is like:
R4QN2eL.gif

I like to enjoy my Destiny over the course of the week:
NeMQpNW.gif

noomi

R4QN2eL.gif

NeMQpNW.gif

hahaha! Well truthfully it's WAAAAAY easier to find groups and people willing to help play the first two days, anything after that takes some coordination.

I like to get it all done on reset day and then move onto other games until next reset :D

Namikaze1

Fig is dead everybody.

I just want to set a goal for myself since I already got everything.

I shall be getting it after work. Sunset is like my dream game of Crackdown and JSR - need it finish it up.

Yeah, but I can't bother to do more than 1 set of bounties a day - just too repetitive for me =/

Hopefully they increase our glimmer cap - because I love hoarding all type of currency. (If I have less than 20k than I have to max it out or get close).
I need the Vault upgrade first.

Just wait for them to all be reset in HoW. They will say they were just kidding about not making the same mistake again.
the only exotics I'll be upgrading again after HoW are Hawkmoon, Gjallarhorn, Thunderlord, Truth, and Suros. Everything else can stay in their 331 forms.

is Xur supposed to sell Mask of the Third Man this week? I used to have it, dismantled it because I never used Bladedancer and now it's the only hunter exotic I'm missing and is now useful.

Not sure if anything has leaked about what Xur is selling this week, but if its Mask of the Third Man I will be a happy happy man. Its the only Hunter exotic armor piece I don't have. Didn't purchase it the two times he's ever sold it, the 2nd time I think was back in November?

E92 M3

R4QN2eL.gif

NeMQpNW.gif

Same here. I like finish everything by Wednesday or Thursday.

I have a bunch of Exotics XP maxed but no Shard for final node. Just can't get enough for them.

I only use shards for weapons I love. I don't think the damage% increase is worth it, but keep in mind I am super critical about how I spend in-game currency.

Namikaze1

updated the list since I forgot a few. I did say I was missing a few of them.

So far, I maxed out:
4th Horseman
Gjallarhorn
Truth
Thunderlord
Suros Regime
Hawkmoon
Universal Remote
Vex Mythoclast
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
Thorn
Patience and Time
Monte Carlo
Hard Light

Need to max out:
Plan C
Super Good Advice
Pocket Infinity
The Last Word
Bad Juju
Invective
No Land Beyond
Mida Multi Tool

Not sure if anything has leaked about what Xur is selling this week, but if its Mask of the Third Man I will be a happy happy man. Its the only Hunter exotic armor piece I don't have. Didn't purchase it the two times he's ever sold it, the 2nd time I think was back in November?

I hear it's the tits when running sword (switchblade perk). If you can pair it with raid gauntlets that increase melee speed...well, you get the point.

I only use shards for weapons I love. I don't think the damage% increase is worth it, but keep in mind I am super critical about how I spend in-game currency.

I have to prioritize since I am always starved for mats in this game. I think I am starting to get to the point where Exotic dupes will be more common so shards should be less of a problem.

I still want to max them. Something about that yellow border is very satisfying.

Deku Tree

I wish they would just tell us what is going to be the new upgrade plan for exotics with HoW.

So far, I maxed out:
4th Horseman
Gjallarhorn
Truth
Thunderlord
Suros Regime
Hawkmoon
Universal Remote
Vex Mythoclast
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
Thorn
Patience and Time
Monte Carlo
Hard Light

Need to max out:
Plan C
Super Good Advice
Pocket Infinity
The Last Word
Bad Juju
Invective
No Land Beyond
Mida Multi Tool

you cant take credit for maxing nechrocasm, it comes that way out of the box

its choclate frosting on the crappiest cupcake youll ever have the displeasure of tasting

edit: 4th horseman? did you loose a bet?

tick221

Deku and ruthles - thanks for trying to invite me, I think PSN is lagging a little. I got FR from both of you but I think you were loading up your second rotation by the time I got them

PS4 need MOAR stability!!!!!!!!

I wish they would just tell us what is going to be the new upgrade plan for exotics with HoW.

They said they will detail the upgrade path for everything before release. Just don't know when.

I hope they are forthcoming so we don't make foolish, ininformed decisions like last time when we didn't know about the Exotic reset.

Namikaze1

you cant take credit for maxing nechrocasm, it comes that way out of the box

its choclate frosting on the crappiest cupcake youll ever have the displeasure of tasting

edit: 4th horseman? did you loose a bet?
Still counts! :p

I just wanted to max out the 4th Horseman you know.

So far, I maxed out:
4th Horseman
Gjallarhorn
Truth
Thunderlord
Suros Regime
Hawkmoon
Universal Remote
Vex Mythoclast
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Necrochasm
Dragon's Breath
Thorn
Patience and Time
Monte Carlo
Hard Light

Need to max out:
Plan C
Super Good Advice
Pocket Infinity
The Last Word
Bad Juju
Invective
No Land Beyond
Mida Multi Tool

Wow mine is nearly identical! Except move 5 down to "need to max out" :

Red Death (currently working on)
Dragon's Breath
Monte Carlo
Hard Light
Vex (nearly maxed)

I also don't have 4th Horseman yet. Then it's the same haha

Edit: I don't have UR levelled at all, so 6. Close enough

Edit 2: Necrochasm definitely counts. You levelled up Ally fully + husk so that's more than enough to count for it. Not to mention hard Crota kills.

E92 M3

Let me know if you want to play co-op sometime. Also, when are we playing helldivers again? I get booted from any random party before the game even starts.

You have Sunset, too? Good stuff. We should play that sometime - game is great.

I have to prioritize since I am always starved for mats in this game. I think I am starting to get to the point where Exotic dupes will be more common so shards should be less of a problem.

I still want to max them. Something about that yellow border is very satisfying.

I do want that border around the Black Hammer :( - it'll never happen, though.

stb

The usual, boys?

3x full NM CE, 3x HM Gorgon chest, 3x HM Atheon kill? (Anyone have HM Gorgons CP? Or Oracles?)

What does everyone need/want?

Can I talk the group into at least 1 HM Crota kill (still need Crux, WoC, and Fang).

8:30 Eastern-ish? (note the change from 7:30)

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) ???
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a2 ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a3) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn)
I don't think Verde can make it today, so we need an alt. ich00? ltwood? StereoType? I'd prefer it to be someone we've all raided with before. My warlock's still only 29, so I'd like to offset that with someone who has at least one 31/32.

Let me know if you want to play co-op sometime. Also, when are we playing helldivers again? I get booted from any random party before the game even starts.

Yeah, same happened to me after I dropped on one of the player's heads lol. We need to do that soon. I finally figured out the headphones :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
they said they wont, on this very forum. in not so many words
No one said that you won't "have to re-upgrade Exotics." What was said was that they will not repeat the same mistakes that accompanied progression with the TDB release. What this promise will translate into is unclear, but if they did pay attention to the root of the complaints (or just listen to me outright), the only critical need is to preserve the two unique (single-column) perks on each gun after the upgrade process. This alone would make the upgrades feel like immediate upgrades versus a step backwards in the service of an eventual damage boost.

Dave_6

The usual, boys?

3x full NM CE, 3x HM Gorgon chest, 3x HM Atheon kill? (Anyone have HM Gorgons CP? Or Oracles?)

What does everyone need/want?

Can I talk the group into at least 1 HM Crota kill (still need Crux, WoC, and Fang).

7:30 Eastern-ish?

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) ???
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)

I don't think Verde can make it today, so we need an alt. ich00? ltwood? StereoType? I'd prefer it to be someone we've all raided with before. My warlock's still only 29, so I'd like to offset that with someone who has at least one 31/32.

I'm definitely up for it but since it's my late week at work I won't be able to make that time. Possibly 7:15 CST at the earliest; if that's not okay I understand. I just won't be getting home till 6:30 and have a couple things to do before I can log on.

Edit: With the shards and energy I get tonight, my Titan will reach 32 and I will finally have all three toons at 32! Will still need class mats for the Saint 14 but not many.

You have Sunset, too? Good stuff. We should play that sometime - game is great.

I do want that border around the Black Hammer :( - it'll never happen, though.
Count me in for some SO multiplayer. Had no idea what I was doing last time i payed chaos squad but it's fun jumping around and shooting stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom