• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

Man, the Crucible is brutal today. Still need Notorius, Triple Play and the one for 20 Salvage captures.

What's the fastest Crucible gametype? I want to work on grinding out 100 marks, but I also want to do other stuff today.

I'm getting my copy today or tomorrow. Anybody want to give a quick summary of what each of the classes can do?

Titan - Bubble Shield or Hulk Smash
Hunter - Stabby times or Golden Gun
Warlock - Purple Death ball or Self Resurrection grenade party time

:) In truth they play similarly it's the supers and jumps that offer the largest differences, I started with Titan and for me it offered the most straight forward starting point, the Warlock jump takes getting used to (but is pretty great) and I've never gotten comfortable with the Hunter jump as anyone who's seen me repeatedly hump the wall at the Gorgon CP can attest.

Edit: also Hawkian's guides on the front page are indispensable as the game itself explains f__ all about post 20 levelling

RetroMG

Who here are going to do the heists? I'm probably gonna pick up GTAV soon. Not sure yet.

If there's a D-GAF style group to go with, I'm in.
If you haven't seen them yet, I recommend watching the Achievement Hunter heists on Youtube. The aren't *really* heists, but they're really funny.

ocean

Banned
I'm getting my copy today or tomorrow. Anybody want to give a quick summary of what each of the classes can do?
Each class has two Subclasses.

Titan Defender: Ward of Dawn is a protecting bubble that gives perks to anyone standing in it. Over shield or extra damage for about 10 seconds once you step outside. Also a really good sticky grenade (Magnetic) that one hit kills in PvP, does great Void damage in PvE.

Titan Striker: Hulk smash super. Kills anyone around in PVP, does big Arc damage in PvP. Has a grenade that blinds enemies and a cool shoulder tackle.

Hunter Gunslinger: Golden Gun super is 3 shots of instant kill in PvP, good Solar damage in PVE. You have perks that reward precision shots, giving added stability and reload speed. Also a throwing knife that murders things if you're Zoba

Hunter Bladedancer: Arc Blade super takes you to a third person view where you're really resistant to damage and do extraordinary Aec damage killing everything in your way. Also has invisibility perks.

Warlock Sunsingers: Radiance Super gives insta-cool down on grenades. Can also be triggered once you die to revive. But they have a terrible floaty jump. Other perks include the ability to reduce your teammates cool downs and spawn an over shield on melee hits, along with double grenades.

Warlock Voidwalker: Nova Bomb is a kamehameha of purple destruction. Melee hits give you Surge for really fast movement speed. Also terrible floaty jumps.

If you're new you can only use one subclass. Off the bat you can only roll as Striker, Gunslinger or Voidwalker. Once you reach level 15 on any character, all subsequent characters you create can choose which subclass to use. You're not locked in, you can freely change between subclasses at will but it takes a long while to get all the class upgrades.

titans are very versitile. they can go smashy smashy or provide excellent help for the whole party. maybe the best class. female titans deffinitly look cooler than male titans. they are a little slow and sluggish but have the highest jump capabilities

hunters are your quick class. very agile. there supers are very based on damage dealing. quick kill golden gun shots or go slicy slicy with bladedancer. blade dancers have invisibilty perks which allow you to get out of some sticky spots. females look the coolest

warlocks might have the most powerful abilities pound for pound but are also very
squishy. quick and have awesome range abilities. males look coolest here.

I like them all and have them all at max level. depending on your playstyle p[ick one, and if you dont like it, go for another

shermas

Only place to get exotic shards is from sharding gear or Xur, right? I've got 4 pieces of exotic gear ready to level up, but only 1 shard. :(

Frostburn

The usual, boys?

3x full NM CE, 3x HM Gorgon chest, 3x HM Atheon kill? (Anyone have HM Gorgons CP? Or Oracles?)

What does everyone need/want?

Can I talk the group into at least 1 HM Crota kill (still need Crux, WoC, and Fang).

8:30 Eastern-ish? (note the change from 7:30)

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) ???
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
5) captscience (PSN captscience)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
a1) StereoType

I don't think Verde can make it today, so we need an alt. ich00? ltwood? StereoType? I'd prefer it to be someone we've all raided with before. My warlock's still only 29, so I'd like to offset that with someone who has at least one 31/32.

If someone can't make it I'd love to fill their spot, didn't raid much last week due to PAX. Have my 3- lvl 32's ready to go.

Titan - Bubble Shield or Hulk Smash
Hunter - Stabby times or Golden Gun
Warlock - Purple Death ball or Self Resurrection grenade party time

:) In truth they play similarly it's the supers and jumps that offer the largest differences, I started with Titan and for me it offered the most straight forward starting point, the Warlock jump takes getting used to (but is pretty great) and I've never gotten comfortable with the Hunter jump as anyone who's seen me repeatedly hump the wall at the Gorgon CP can attest.

Edit: also Hawkian's guides on the front page are indispensable as the game itself explains f__ all about post 20 levelling

lol, the hunter is the only class I can get it on the first try. my titan always over jumps the whole in the wall and the warlock always seems to dive down and not up. I suck at warlock jumps

vctor182

I hope so too. And I'd like it if they told us sooner rather than in the run up to the HoW launch just one week before like last time.

LukeSmith said they won't reset exotic weapon peks again. That's it.

ezgif-3730905840.gif

Only place to get exotic shards is from sharding gear or Xur, right? I've got 4 pieces of exotic gear ready to level up, but only 1 shard. :(

run nf, gorgons and raid and youll have more exotic shards then you know what to do with. so many duplicate exotics that turned into shards. I have never buoght one.

since this game likes handing out NLBs and dragons breathe like its going out of style. your bank will soon be filled with green gold

Iceman829

Save your class materials and weapon parts until you have level 20+ gear. It's a waste and early on you won't have enough supplies to upgrade all of your stuff. You will progress quickly enough and the games hands out enough replacements throughout the story.

t0rment

hey guys i just bought the dlc, can't believe it, i criticized so much this game, but the itch to get better is too strong.

the question is, do i need any weapon to beat crota on NM? i got hawkmoon, plan c and VoC from an atheon run.

ocean

Banned
#huntermasterrace

Don't believe their lies. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I created my Hunter last and actually still have some Bladedancer perks I haven't upgraded. I like Hunter so much though, fantastic to play with. My Warlock is collecting dust though, I only take him out for NF, Weekly and Crota for loot rolls. That jump man, never could get over how bad and floaty it is :/

shermas

The fallen hive/cosmo harvest bounty stack might be the greatest ever. Head down to the knight spawn point in the Steppes, kill, leave, repeat.... two bounties done in less than 2 minutes.

Bradach

I would divide the game into 2 pieces. Pre level 20 and post level 20. They're very different and the most fun is definitely to be had post lvl 20.

Set your expectations for the story low and you won't be disappointed. Gearing up for hard strikes / missions and raids (lvl 25 -> 32) is lots of fun.

I lost interest after getting completing the story back when it was released and didn't play for a few months but got sucked back in a couple of months ago and have hardly played anything else since.

Also, as mentioned, there is lots of great info and advice in the OP.

Titans can make your friends and family proud of your life decisions. Warlocks can make them ashamed of what you've become. Hunters are in the middle.

But seriously the classes aren't as essential as getting a feel for the basic gunplay and movement. Titan is a safe bet if you prefer PvE/raiding while Hunters are usually the go-to PvP class, although both can excel at the other activity. Also seriously: don't make a Warlock.

shermas

run nf, gorgons and raid and youll have more exotic shards then you know what to do with. so many duplicate exotics that turned into shards. I have never buoght one.

since this game likes handing out NLBs and dragons breathe like its going out of style. your bank will soon be filled with green gold

I'm sure... i just hate waiting. I remember when I thought I'd never have enough AsShards to level up my first piece of legendary gear *sniff*

hey guys i just bought the dlc, can't believe it, i criticized so much this game, but the itch to get better is too strong.

the question is, do i need any weapon to beat crota on NM? i got hawkmoon, plan c and VoC from an atheon run.

in order to have any kind of chance at crota you must have a GHORN, there is no ifs and buts about it. dont even attempt if you dont have it

j/k, any old rocket launcher will do nicely

ocean

Banned
Titans can make your friends and family proud of your life decisions. Warlocks can make them ashamed of what you've become. Hunters are in the middle.

But seriously the classes aren't as essential as getting a feel for the basic gunplay and movement. Titan is a safe bet if you prefer PvE/raiding while Hunters are usually the go-to PvP class, although both can excel at the other activity. Also seriously: don't make a Warlock.
I endorse this message.

Deku Tree

What? Warlocks are the best class. Doing HM Crota everyone wants a warlock to create them orbs. First class to solo HM Crota.

Your light level and the attack rating of the weapon matter a lot more than having any specific weapon. No one weapon is needed for any content in the game, and especially not NM Crota. Just try to make sure you have some stuff leveled up to 300+ attack and have reached at least Lv30 for your character.

Hawkmoon and Plan C are both primarily PvP exotics but can still be great, and a lot of fun to use, in PvE. VoC is still one of the best primaries in the game, even for NM CE, but you'll really want to make sure it's maxed since it tops out at 300 attack.

At this point there's nothing you really need. Fatebringer is great for the first section. A rocket launcher with tracking is helpful for the final encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom