• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right but 331 weapons are ONLY more useful in HM Crota's End. Fatebringer is still the best primary in the game. And FB is still so good it's STILL a viable option even in HM CE.

I thought that for a long while too, but it is not quite accurate. 331 weapons do more damage than the 300 counterpart for any enemy above level 20. The difference does become more pronounced on enemies level 31+.

Someone did an analysis on Bungie.net or Reddit comparing vanilla exotics maxed at both values.

ocean

Banned
Re: Fatebringer, new Raid weapons are technically better. Word of Crota does slightly more damage per bullet and has a significantly higher rate of fire. These two criteria combined make for higher DPS on WoC, which moreover has Explosive Rounds like FB. This perk (in PVE) doesn't change your crit damage (it's split between a reduced crit and an explosion that exactly matches the crit reduction) but offers far better damage on body shots.

All things considered, WoC is great and on paper better than FB. But at least in my opinion no gun feels like FB. Not WoC, not Hawkmoon, nothing. Outlaw and Firefly on a Hand Cannon is just too perfect. It has that umpgh, I can't explain it. It's subjective, I wouldn't argue that perk combo makes FB the de facto best primary in the game. But for me and others, it will feel that way until something comes along with that sensation.

NastyBook

About to go on a nightfall adventure if anyone wants to come. Don't feel like walking 3 steps to get my mic though.

Ps4 toddv360
You still got room?

PSN: GibbShift

EDIT: Guess not.

EDIT: Didn't realize the time stamp for that message. Nevermind. :D

I am still up for NFs if anybody wants to do one. Running Crucible in the meantime.

Haven't played Destiny in a few months. Jumped back into it today - looks like some welcomed updates. Looking for couple people to run the Weekly Heroic and/or Nightfall Strikes..

PSN: KiLLz4TwinKiez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom