• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need the horn to solo Crota. At least on mormal. A good machine gun can do the trick too.

I might get Bloodborne depending on the game play. I like horror games but I don't like the slow game play of the soul series. I like fast paced stuff like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc. Even if it is a little faster than the soul games it would be alright for me but the physics and movement of the soul games are way too slow for RTSD.

I've tried for a couple of hours to get past the deathsinger, but just couldn't pull it off. I'm sure some have the required skill, but I just couldn't do it in time. I'll try some other things, but I'd really like to be able to pop a shrieker with one rocket, and then take down the wizard with the other rocket plus some primary fire. Reload and switch sides, and repeat. Instead, I'm two rockets for the shrieker, reload and get killed by a knight, or have to run away and just take too long to down the wizards.

LTWood12

Are you in the GTA GAF clan? I would love to have some cool people to play with online or just to be in a good session

I hope Horizon comes out, that game looks real interesting. I also want an update on WiLD

I'm down for doing it this evening (are you only going for 1?). I still plan to get on Destiny for the grind (gorgon, NF, weekly--if I get Crux this week I will not play HM Crota anymore). I was feeling a bit dried out of Destiny by New Years and the best thing I did was to make 1 of every class. It made playing the game fun again and now is a perfect time since you cna easily switch weapons

Yeah I started a Hunter 2 or 3 weeks ago and just need boots to get to 32. It really has made the game fresh. I'd be up for doing multiple kills, I'm just not sure how much time I'll have. I know I'll be on all night tomorrow. I'll check the board tonight.

I didn't exactly go into the NLB raid expecting it to be easy. :p

Haha yeah I just meant HM Scrota, I realized later that your post would also include NLB VoG which was definitely no guarantee.

Personally I would enjoy doing more challenge-run type stuff like NLB VoG until HoW finally releases.

Yep getting bloodborne. Welp you know those old school dungeon games such as Zelda, Metroid, etc. The game is similar to those NES classics. What I mean is the souls series doesnt "hold your hand". There is a sense of exploration and discovery for hidden passage ways, chest, shortcuts, locations in a very well crafted interconnecting world. There is no marker on the map to go this way or jelly in your eyes. It will ofter hints on the right direction. I want to say its not a "hard" game however it is a very punishing and fair game. In return it will ask you to respect the enemies and bosses, pay attention to their attack patterns and movements and take advantages of the weakness in the attack patterns and movements. Overcoming the challenges is a great aspect of the souls series and you will feel like you earned it. It might be hard for newcomers since the game doesn't explain much at the beginning but once you start to understand it then you will understand.

p.s For Dark Souls, I got up to the first objective, couldnt beat the boss and said fuck it. 5 months later, I suddenly came back to the game, finally beat the boss then fell in love with the series.

edit:

Things have slowed down due to lack of content and everyone already have reached the maxed level and owns almost every exotic gears. But mainly lack of content plus its been about 5-6 months since the game have been release. Alot of us have been playing for almost that length :p Just waiting for more content.

Yeah I recently started that as well. Currently in the second dungeon on floor 4. Its fun and I like drawing the maps :)

Would you suggest buying the Bloodborne strategy guide for a complete newbie of the soul games or is that not recommended at all?

Yeah I started a Hunter 2 or 3 weeks ago and just need boots to get to 32. It really has made the game fresh. I'd be up for doing multiple kills, I'm just not sure how much time I'll have. I know I'll be on all night tomorrow. I'll check the board tonight.

The only thing that sucks and what people hinted about in this thread is that its getting harder to find raid teams for armor

Would you suggest buying the Bloodborne strategy guide for a complete newbie of the soul games or is that not recommended at all?

The only thing that sucks and what people hinted about in this thread is that its getting harder to find raid teams for armor
personally I would recommend against using the strategy guide since part of the experience is exploring and using your own witts to overcome the bosses, level design and enemies....unless you are really stuck. Just be prepare to die very often :p Nonetheless you can prob ask one of us for help. no matter what it's a niche game and I am more than willing to share play with you if you want to give it a try before buying.

P.s if you need the gorgon checkpoint I can load it up for you in a little bit after I make lunch.

Namikaze1

Those damn VoG boots were the last thing I needed for my Titan. My Warlock and Hunter both got lucky and got it real early but neither ever got the full raid set. Warlock was missing the chest while the Hunter was missing the helmet. My Titan got the full set just before TDB released.

It was only last week that I finally got the missing VoG gear for my Warlock and Hunter.

todd360

personally I would recommend against using the strategy guide unless you are really stuck. Nonetheless you can prob ask one of us for help. no matter what it's a niche game and I am more than willing to share play with you if you want to give it a try before buying.

P.s if you need the gorgon checkpoint I can load it up for you in a little bit after I make lunch.

Why are people still underestimating these games? Souls is not a niche series anymore. Persona is no longer a niche series. The sales will be phenomenal for both bloodborne and persona 5. You won't be able to consider them niche titles anymore.

personally I would recommend against using the strategy guide since part of the experience is exploring and using your own witts to overcome the bosses, level design and enemies....unless you are really stuck. Just be prepare to die very often :p Nonetheless you can prob ask one of us for help. no matter what it's a niche game and I am more than willing to share play with you if you want to give it a try before buying.

Yea I could still use the checkpoint, and take your time no need to rush.

And yea I just like having all a game information in front of me in a book made by the creators of the game but that didn't help me with Destiny. . Destiny has the crappiest of strategy guide.

stinkytick

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm nem to the thread (and NeoGaf in general) and though you could help me with a problem I have with Vault management.

Even though I never (or rarely) use Shotguns they seem to drop left and right from Vendor Packages and Engrams, and I've been hoarding them for a while, putting a tremendous strain on my vault space.

These are the ones I have right now (I also have Invective and Swordbreaker but those are staying):

The Crash (Solar)
Who's Next
Field Scout/Hammer Forged/High Caliber Rounds
Rangefinder

Secret Handshake (Void)
Grenadier
Field Sout/Perfect Balance/Single Point Sling
Shot Package

Hide and Seek-42 (Solar)
Return to Sender
Field Scout/Perfect Balance/Lightweight
Spray and Play

Two to the Morgue (Solar)
Kneepads
Flared Magwell/Snapshot/Single Point Sling
Spray and Play

Which ones would you get rid of? I generally use Snipers (LDR or PR) or Fusion Rifles (got a blessed Trolley Problem with Hip Fire/Accelerated Coils/Who's Next) as my special on Crucible and Black Hammer/Ice Breaker on PvE, so I'm kinda clueless on what makes a good shotgun even though my The Crash doesn't look bad at all.

GutZ31

Yea I could still use the checkpoint, and take your time no need to rush.

And yea I just like having all a game information in front of me in a book made by the creators of the game but that didn't help me with Destiny. . Destiny has the crappiest of strategy guide.

Lets be honest here, when do you even need a strategy in Destiny, other than raids?

Hey guys, I'm nem to the thread (and NeoGaf in general) and though you could help me with a problem I have with Vault management.

Even though I never (or rarely) use Shotguns they seem to drop left and right from Vendor Packages and Engrams, and I've been hoarding them for a while, putting a tremendous strain on my vault space.

These are the ones I have right now (I also have Invective and Swordbreaker but those are staying):

The Crash (Solar)
Who's Next
Rangefinder

Secret Handshake (Void)
Grenadier
Shot Package

Hide and Seek-42 (Solar)
Return to Sender
Spray and Play

Kneepads
Spray and Play

Which ones would you get rid of? I generally use Snipers (LDR or PR) or Fusion Rifles (got a blessed Trolley Problem with Hip Fire/Accelerated Coils/Who's Next) as my special on Crucible and Black Hammer/Ice Breaker on PvE, so I'm kinda clueless on what makes a good shotgun even though my The Crash doesn't look bad at all.

Your secret handshske looks pretty damn good

The Crash (Solar)
Who's Next
Rangefinder

Secret Handshake (Void)
Grenadier
Shot Package

Hide and Seek-42 (Solar)
Return to Sender
Spray and Play

Kneepads
Spray and Play

I'd take that Secret Handshake off your hands right now.

todd360

Lets be honest here, when do you even need a strategy in Destiny, other than raids?

Yeah. Buying strategy guides for simple games is pretty much throwing your money in the wind. There's really no reason to get them anymore for any game. YouTube and online game FAQs are free and just as good if not better.

shem935

Banned

The Crash (Solar)
Who's Next
Rangefinder

Secret Handshake (Void)
Grenadier
Shot Package

Hide and Seek-42 (Solar)
Return to Sender
Spray and Play

Kneepads
Spray and Play

I would get rid of Two to the morgue as it doubles up on solar and has worse perks than The Crash. After that I would get rid of hide and seek 42 for the same reasons. Perks you want are perks that extend range and shot package.

Why are people still underestimating these games? Souls is not a niche series anymore. Persona is no longer a niche series. The sales will be phenomenal for both bloodborne and persona 5. You won't be able to consider them niche titles anymore.

Well I consider them niche games. The sells will be great for both bloodboorne and persona 5. They might not seem like niche game since we are neogaf or reddit but I find that the causal players, by causal players I mean people who dont hang out on gaming forums and etc will not "get into them" even tho they might buy the games due to marketing, word of mouth, etc. Frankly all of my friends even everyone I met during my undergrad years that consider themselves gamers..none of them have beaten any of the souls games. Since they consider the game actually hard.

todd360

Well I consider them niche games. The sells will be great for both bloodboorne and persona 5. They might not seem like niche game since we are neogaf or reddit but I find that the causal players, by causal players I mean people who dont hang out on gaming forums and etc will not "get into them" even tho they might buy the games due to marketing, word of mouth, etc. Frankly all of my friends even everyone I met during my undergrad years that consider themselves gamers..none of them have beaten any of the souls games. Since they consider the game actually hard.

They are merely casuals. Get guder friends.

Yeah. Buying strategy guides for simple games is pretty much throwing your money in the wind. There's really no reason to get them anymore for any game. YouTube and online game FAQs are free and just as good if not better.

It's a bad habit I picked up from playing Pokemon games when I was little. Having a strategy guide meant you never missed anything. I had to catch 'em all.

They are merely casuals. Get guder friends.

haha I know filthy casual gamers. I dont know about them sometimes..some of them have gaming PC, both Xbox One and PS4, etc but all they do is play is a limited amount of games such as minecraft, FIFA, DOTA (might be the only non casual game :p) , non learn the combos fighting game, "causal" shooters.

Anyone doing Crota NM, VOG HM or if anyone have the Gorgon CP I can mooch of them

It's a bad habit I picked up from playing Pokemon games when I was little. Having a strategy guide meant you never missed anything. I had to catch 'em all.
I also have the collector's strategy guide preorder. Mainly for the artwork, exclusive theme and I am a pretty big Souls fan boy :p

But I can load up the gorgon checkpoint for you guys now.

I also have the collector's strategy guide preorder. Mainly for the artwork, exclusive theme and I am a a pretty big Souls fan boy :p

I get a deal with Best Buy to have the strategy guide 50% (only can use this once) so I was debating using it now since this game looks so confusing. But like everyone is telling me the information will be online.

But I think I found a nice wiki page to learn up about this game: http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/New+Player+Help

Also thanks for being willing to share the checkpoint.

GhaleonEB

I could run Crota or VOG. I have done them already but any chance to run them is fun.

Shem0275

I am down for either.

PSN: thenal84

I could use either/both psn itsnervedamage

Awesome, let's see if we can get two more for VoG NM:

1) NatCat_49
2) Shem0275
3) thenal84
4) itsnervedamage
5) ??
6) ??

It's times like this that I really wish we could play split screen; we've never played together. It's also times like this that I think about getting a second PS4 for downstairs. I think my wife would veto, though.
Maybe when it's down to $300.

Arrrammis

1) NatCat_49
2) Shem0275
3) thenal84
4) itsnervedamage
5) ??
6) ??

It's times like this that I really wish we could play split screen; we've never played together. It's also times like this that I think about getting a second PS4 for downstairs. I think my wife would veto, though.
I'll join in for fun
Psn: arrrammis

1) NatCat_49
2) Shem0275
3) thenal84
4) itsnervedamage
5) ??
6) ??

Me and ms1582 would like to join
edit: looks like you're full

I also have the collector's strategy guide preorder. Mainly for the artwork, exclusive theme and I am a pretty big Souls fan boy :p

All the stuff may be online and tje Wiki's are great, but I still like the Souls guides. They are well done and I want to support ENB, so I bought through his link.

How is the Destiny guide if anyone got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom