• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT18| CA$H-4-CROTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to watch some letsplays of people playing darksouls or demonsouls to get an idea if it would be something you might like.

The reason most like it is because it doesn't give you a crutch, and you are punished severely for not listening to what the game tries to teach you through death.

Good advice, I'm going to do that right now to see what is so great. What is the replay value like for this game though?

It should be fairly substantial. I don't know how big your DGAF friends list is, but it should dominate playtime next week.

Only the cool DGAF members.

That's good to know, I wonder if all of the DGAF players will just use the Destiny OT to chat most of the time.

Anyone out there want to team up for 3x HM Atheon starting ASAP? Then I can at least say I did everything I could for horn... Again...

I'm down for 3x HM Atheon (I don't have the checkpoint)

---

Any DGAF members want to do GTA Heists with me later on? I want to get the Hydra but I'm so confused on how do I find a heist team

noomi

-
Any specific DGAF members going to get Bloodborne? I never played a Souls game so I don't know what I will be getting into. Don't know why it has such hype but I'm going to do the Best BUY GCU deal so it is worth checking out.

I am along with a bunch of members here, not leaving destiny though, I'll be here forever

NLB only?

Good advice, I'm going to do that right now to see what is so great. What is the replay value like for this game though?

That's good to know, I wonder if all of the DGAF players will just use the Destiny OT to chat most of the time.

I'm down for 3x HM Atheon (I don't have the checkpoint

No... Not NLB only. All weapons. All fucking weapons. Are you actually in or not?

I domt have the checkpoint either....

noomi

Still waiting for you to join us in the PvP ranks....

I made you a promise once that after I had the hawkmoon I would shift my focus to PvP, I intend to keep that promise :) We will make people rage!

What's a watchword?

I look forward to hopefully playing with you guys--How does co-op even work? Could people go through the story mode together or is it just for these dungeon parts?

Same here, for coop you setup a password ingame and then anyone that knows that password can come join you :)

GutZ31

We still haven't came up with a watchword for Bloodborne co-op!

BOOBONER

Replay value is pretty high, but not for the faint hearted. New game Plus is the next level up in playing the game over again, and changes how enemies attack, or are placed, as well as health, defense, and amount of mobs.

Kind of like heroic or epic in destiny, but not as easy.

Sullichin

It's an 8 letter word you can share with folks to make it a hell of a lot easier to play with friends.
It's awesome they added this while still keeping invasions and coop with randoms.

Doing this in Demons/Dark was more of a pain. You had to tell people where you left your sign and hope they were on the same server. DSII had a ring you could use that let you more easily match with people using the same one, but it took a ring slot.

E92 M3

It can't be harder than flawless trophy right?

I have all the achievements for both Souls games, and I'd say it's different experience. DkS1 was tougher than DkS2, though. With all said, I think getting all cheevos was harder than flawless in terms of the time commitment required.

I wish you all the best of luck and good times with that new game coming out. Once it dies here, I'll go back to GTA. I just unlocked a nice little mom and pop drug running airport,, so I have some exploring to do.

So with Bloodborne, Witcher 3, and HoW, GTA 5 Heists I should be good from Spring to Summer. Hoping E3 gets me hype for fall this year

-

Also has anyone seen Apple's new macbook? I might wait for the next generation of it and pick it up for when I plan to go get my mba. My Macbook Pro should be ready for retirement by then.

LTWood12

Any HM Crota kills today? I need to knock out 3 of them. Also if anyone can let me get the gorgon chest (3x) I would appreciate it.

-
Any specific DGAF members going to get Bloodborne? I never played a Souls game so I don't know what I will be getting into. Don't know why it has such hype but I'm going to do the Best BUY GCU deal so it is worth checking out.

I may try and get a crota kill this evening. Definitely jumping on the Bloodborne train next week, but will still be playing a lot of Destiny. Thinking of starting a Warlock.

LTWood12

I wish you all the best of luck and good times with that new game coming out. Once it dies here, I'll go back to GTA. I just unlocked a nice little mom and pop drug running airport,, so I have some exploring to do.

Everyone is talking like this is the end. I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Are you in the GTA GAF clan? I would love to have some cool people to play with online or just to be in a good session

No Uncharted 4, so...

Hoping GG gets Horizon out for this year, or maybe The Last Guardian.

I hope Horizon comes out, that game looks real interesting. I also want an update on WiLD

I may try and get a crota kill this evening. Definitely jumping on the Bloodborne train next week, but will still be playing a lot of Destiny. Thinking of starting a Warlock.

I'm down for doing it this evening (are you only going for 1?). I still plan to get on Destiny for the grind (gorgon, NF, weekly--if I get Crux this week I will not play HM Crota anymore). I was feeling a bit dried out of Destiny by New Years and the best thing I did was to make 1 of every class. It made playing the game fun again and now is a perfect time since you cna easily switch weapons

Nooooo~
THINK ABOUT THE KIDS!

I'm sure they'll still be playing. I'm not quite ready to let them play GTA 5 just yet. Unless they added a "kid" mode, turning off the blood, cursing, and have them shoot paintballs.

I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable day when I can't get a full raid team together, and I still don't have the Horn to solo CE. At least we have one more reset left.

GutZ31

I'm sure they'll still be playing. I'm not quite ready to let them play GTA 5 just yet. Unless they added a "kid" mode, turning off the blood, cursing, and have them shoot paintballs.

I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable day when I can't get a full raid team together, and I still don't have the Horn to solo CE. At least we have one more reset to go.

Well, either way, just hit my up if you need an extra for heists/raids, I am
almost
always ready.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You don't need the horn to solo Crota. At least on mormal. A good machine gun can do the trick too.

I might get Bloodborne depending on the game play. I like horror games but I don't like the slow game play of the soul series. I like fast paced stuff like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc. Even if it is a little faster than the soul games it would be alright for me but the physics and movement of the soul games are way too slow for RTSD.

Any HM Crota kills today? I need to knock out 3 of them. Also if anyone can let me get the gorgon chest (3x) I would appreciate it.

-

Yep getting bloodborne. Welp you know those old school dungeon games such as Zelda, Metroid, etc. The game is similar to those NES classics. What I mean is the souls series doesnt "hold your hand". There is a sense of exploration and discovery for hidden passage ways, chest, shortcuts, locations in a very well crafted interconnecting world. There is no marker on the map to go this way or jelly in your eyes. It will ofter hints on the right direction. I want to say its not a "hard" game however it is a very punishing and fair game. In return it will ask you to respect the enemies and bosses, pay attention to their attack patterns and movements and take advantages of the weakness in the attack patterns and movements. Overcoming the challenges is a great aspect of the souls series and you will feel like you earned it. It might be hard for newcomers since the game doesn't explain much at the beginning but once you start to understand it then you will understand.

p.s For Dark Souls, I got up to the first objective, couldnt beat the boss and said fuck it. 5 months later, I suddenly came back to the game, finally beat the boss then fell in love with the series.

edit:
Everyone is talking like this is the end. I'm not ready to say goodbye.
Things have slowed down due to lack of content and everyone already have reached the maxed level and owns almost every exotic gears. But mainly lack of content plus its been about 5-6 months since the game have been release. Alot of us have been playing for almost that length :p Just waiting for more content.

Yes! That game should hopefully be incredible. Just picked up Persona Q a few weeks ago, and been pouring a lot of time into that. Need me some more Persona absolutely.
Yeah I recently started that as well. Currently in the second dungeon on floor 4. Its fun and I like drawing the maps :)

You don't need the horn to solo Crota. At least on mormal. A good machine gun can do the trick too.

I might get Bloodborne depending on the game play. I like horror games but I don't like the slow game play of the soul series. I like fast paced stuff like DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc. Even if it is a little faster than the soul games it would be alright for me but the physics and movement of the soul games are way too slow for RTSD.

Bloodbotne looks like it shakes up the formula to be a lot more fast paced. Not arcadey, but aggressive Souls combat.

I'm just preparing myself for the inevitable day when I can't get a full raid team together, and I still don't have the Horn to solo CE. At least we have one more reset left.

Do you have the raid rocket launcher and a grenade? If so you can still solo it. Honestly solo is just timing more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom